Question! How to gain Subcutaneous instead of Visceral Fat?

no-caps

I understand at some level there's a genetic component to where fat goes and how it gets distributed. However, are there any factors that make it easier to gain subcutaneous fat rather than visceral fat? My gf is still gaining (will share progress soon!!) but we want to make sure that 1. she's as healthy as she can be while doing it and 2. subcutaneous fat is the fun squishy kind! who doesn't want more of that?

Are there any foods or exercise that correlates with reducing visceral fat or preventing the gain of it, and instead optimizing for subcutaneous fat? Does it redistribute if you lose and regain that weight as well?

exercise.

cardio burns visceral fat at a higher ratio than subcutaneous fat

eating gains visceral fat at a higher ratio than subcutaneous fat

it's so easy to out-eat/drink execise but this community got its head up its ass about being lazy and fat so thin gainers all just end up looking pregnant

if she wants that typical "fat chick" body, exercise and calorie intake. liquid calories are easy, eat when you're hungry and have a soda when you're not hungry

if she's hardcore, have an uncomfortably full stuffing session from time to time because it rewires the reward signals in your brain to crave high calorie food more often, but stuffing sessions suck imo and are a good way to make the process unpleasant and burn out

This is a topic I've been interested in for a while, but there's little "real" science on. Genetics is definitely a large factor, but it does seem that it can be influenced by food/exercise/re-gaining.

As bangs15 mentioned, the potbelly look is usually caused by visceral fat extending the stomach. I've read a few posts that the types of food you eat also impacts this. I'm not completely sold, but it does seem that dairy fat promotes subcutaneous fat. Heavy cream for example. Fat distribution through the food you eat seems unrelated from what I've read.

I'm certain that significant weight loss and regain creates a less defined and softer appearance. The loose skin refilling seems to still be softer and give you more soft fun fat. Additionally, the fat in thighs/arms seems harder to burn away as the fat cells don't burn, they just shrink. This study suggests that https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3396439/ . Abdomen fat burned faster than extremity/lower body fat. There aren't many studies on this as fat distribution from re-gaining weight isn't a common topic of interest. Also, exercise burns visceral fat easier, so the regain would cause a higher ratio of soft fat with less muscle mass.

My own experience with this, I had an ex girlfriend who was incredibly flabby and rolly. When we met she hovered around 260 and I was lucky enough to have her grow to around 320 before we split. She never liked being fat and had yo-yo dieted many times before we met. This stretching of the skin, losing, then refilling made it softer and flabbier each time I believe. Complete lack of muscle definition. In contrast, my current girlfriend is an avid gainer/feedee and is around 350 and has never truly lost. She carries her weight evenly but a bit more in her stomach. Relatively firm too. She would stuff junk food to gain and I have a hunch this influenced her shape due to gaining more visceral fat. She's starting to lose down to 250 to safely have kids down the road, so I'm fascinated to see if her body shape changes. I plan to take measurements for current, low weight, and future regain weight just for my own pervy curiosity.

imo, if a girl has chubby soft arms, face, legs, back, everything else, it's not because of loose skin.

expanding on my original post, the longer a girl is fat, the more subcutaneous fat they'll have which is why "fat chicks" who have been big their whole life and gradually get bigger have that look.

everyone burns like 1,600-2,400 calories a day just from existing. if you eat every day and burn some every day, your ratio of visceral to subcutaneous will tilt toward subcutaneous slowly over time given my formula before.

there was a scientific study that showed the whole "visceral burned in hire quantities than subcutaneous from exercise, but gained in higher ratio from eating" but im not in the mood to dig it up on the 4th page of whatever keyword search

also, with regaining, i got some theories about "set-point weight theory" that it probably only restores subcutaneous levels so if you lose weight and then regain back naturally because of your new higher set point, you'll have mostly subcutaneous