Body Positivity, Flirting With The Weight Gain Fantasy, Broadsides, Newer Ideals & The New Diet Culture

John Smith

20 hours ago, asdfasdff said:

I don't think it's hypocrisy to preach body positivity and not be attracted to every body type. You can still preach for gay rights and not be attracted to men. 🤷‍♂️

Actually yes it is.........The body positive movement is also about literally forcing men to find fat and/or larger women attractive because it’s “natural” and if they don’t they are some kind of misogynistic ogre.........Meanwhile they have the right to have discriminating taste in men because they were denied that privilege in the past.  Firstly, being fat isn’t natural for everyone  in fact there are still many women who are just naturally thin..........exercising and wanting to be in shape and doing it to look attractive to men doesn’t make a woman anti-feminist..........lastly let’s be real in most cultures throughout history being fat was a sign of beauty and nobility for women and at various points it has switched to being thin.........It’s all about perspective.........

Guest Verlorener
18 hours ago, You have a belly said:

Easy there, soldier. You are "admitting" fatties turn you on to other people who are turned on by fatties in the anonymous setting of a forum dedicated to fatties. You're hardly Joan of Arc. And it's not like you have to keep slim girls at bay with a stick in real life.

You know, you’re really startin to piss me off with how you keep popping up out of nowhere to voice your little objections to my personal feelings on my own sexuality.

Guest Verlorener
17 hours ago, md2069 said:

Actually yes it is.........The body positive movement is also about literally forcing men to find fat and/or larger women attractive because it’s “natural” and if they don’t they are some kind of misogynistic ogre.........Meanwhile they have the right to have discriminating taste in men because they were denied that privilege in the past.  Firstly, being fat isn’t natural for everyone  in fact there are still many women who are just naturally thin..........exercising and wanting to be in shape and doing it to look attractive to men doesn’t make a woman anti-feminist..........lastly let’s be real in most cultures throughout history being fat was a sign of beauty and nobility for women and at various points it has switched to being thin.........It’s all about perspective.........

People say that about every good political movement; “They don’t wants equality, they want supremacy!”

Guest You have a belly
On 11/28/2020 at 1:58 PM, John Smith said:

I appreciate your feedback, but that is absolutely not what I and @md2069 wanted to mean.

The point was clear: it's not about one obese woman's preferences that bothers, but about the hypocrisy of many socalled Body Positivity advocates from the Plus Size end of the spectrum who systematically belittle and demean their target demographics while renforcing ideals of preferences toward people who mostly wouldn't otherwise laid an eye onto them-- and when they get the opportunity to fall on the jackpot, expect from the minority from ignoring they have themselves preferences toward the same exact bigger size they keep preaching its benefits.

Obviously body positivity is about the right to be admired by Chad, not fat nerds.

Guest You have a belly
3 hours ago, Verlorener said:

You know, you’re really startin to piss me off with how you keep popping up out of nowhere to voice your little objections to my personal feelings on my own sexuality.

Is that a fact? I'll make sure I write it down in my notebook. I don't want to forget such a vital piece of information.

6 hours ago, Verlorener said:

People say that about every good political movement; “They don’t wants equality, they want supremacy!”

Except that Body Positivity is such a loose subcultural movement that none of their tenants are unanimously shared, let alone extant. Some geniunely adcovates for equality and positive representativity, others for supremacy and the whatnots for a mere excuse to eirther get more clout or indulging to a lesser degree into their feedee pulsions with relative damage control to their social credit.

3 hours ago, You have a belly said:

Obviously body positivity is about the right to be admired by Chad, not fat nerds.

It is not the principal purpose, but it seems pretty obvious that a majority of the most popular social media advocates amid Instagram or Twitter "influencers" are overtly leaning into this and feels no shame about the hypocrisy of their bias.

Guest Verlorener
20 hours ago, You have a belly said:

I’ve seen plenty of examples to the contrary. Besides, men have to do some of the work of spreading body positivity. We can’t just rely 100% on women to be perfect representatives for the interests of men. It’s not like fat men were all talking about how beautiful fat girls are (see attached photo), so why should we expect the reverse to just magically happen. It takes work.

Hell, I’m not even chubby, I’m just not skinny or muscular- a typical product of modern life. I’ve never felt like I would get immediate positive reactions for posting shirtless pictures of myself and saying “I’m still handsome even if I don’t look like a GQ model”, but somebody has to do it.

37BA313E-6B99-44DD-B73A-802F01DBA43C.jpeg

Guest Mr Froggy
On 12/1/2020 at 6:02 AM, Verlorener said:

They say it about all the bad political movements too 😂

How do you figure you are entitled to equality?  Etc

"To those who have come accustomed to privilege,  equality feels like oppression"

has an oft forgotten flipside:

"There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals".

The universal constant is the empathy gap and dunning kruger.   Everyone thinks they're 'at least' equal...or they think they 'would be' equal 'but for oppression'.   The truly, tragically, genuinely inferior are almosr always too blind or too narcissistic to admit/internalise it.

Guest Verlorener

You know I just thought I should let you guys know, I found that somebody lifted some of our comments and put them in a thesis on fat admirers. Not from this thread, it was from something like a year ago. But definitely watch what you write on this site.