The weight loss conversation

Guest Epicsend

Guest Epicsend

So as a bit of a background my girlfriend and I have been dating for 2 years. When we initially started dating she was chubby around 190-200 pounds. As she got more comfortable she naturally gained some weight About 20 pounds Or so, she was horrified at that at which point I told her I loved her body and not only that but this whole thing about me liking bigger women about liking seeing a women gain weight etc. She took the news really well researched it and loosened up a bit and started like the idea of eating whatever she wants, a few months later over the summer she gained 40 more pounds and toward the end of the season late that September she said she likes the idea of being fattened up. So over the next few months she was able to gain about 30 more pounds. Randomly one day when she outgrew a pair of jean in about a month something happened and she decided she was good where she was at so she decided to maintain the gain. She’s about 260 at this point and she maintained it fluctuating up and down for a year. Then today she had a doctors visit, it was just a physical but she gained 10 pounds over quarantine and the doctor flipped out on her is making her get blood for to test for  pre diabetes and checking her thyroid, she’s upset and talking about weight loss  and major lifestyle changes. I love this women I plan on marrying her have kids and sharing a wonderful life together. I want to support her and I will but it just hurts hearing all of this I partially feel like if those tests come back positive I’m to blame, I feel bad because I know she’ll be doing this for her own health and that stupid part of my brain that’s had his FA side stimulated for two years is sad because I’m “losing” part of her”  idk any advice for getting the fuck over this? 

Sorry if this is typed poorly I’m doing it from  work and am rushing. 

do not be sorry... we are all rushing lol. and that is the real struggle a lot of us face everyday. personally i can relate. my wife has gained a considerable amount of weight since we got married and that makes me very happy. of course i would love to see her gain a lot more but similar issues are arising. pre diabetes and tiroids and feeling tired and being moody and well, diminished health from the person that i love and that i expect to share a long life with. so not much else can be discussed when you put those things on the balance. i do hope however that we can find a middle point between ok, not getting to 200kg but to keep the happy eating, do some exercise and remain chubby , i think that is a fair aspiration. as you can see not even the queen boberry was able to continue and is apparently losing weight now, for some time... 

Guest Epicsend

The conversation turned into a fight she wants to lose an unknown amount of weight. I told her I’d try to support her the best I can. But idk so much if this mentality for me is weight gain good weight loss bad. Even maintaining is good ideal for me as she’s at a weight where she’s highly active extremely curvy and has no real limitations. Her blood work came back clean but I think the “your obese” talk from the doctors just triggered this all. It’s really disheartening. 

Maybe the doctor talk will wear off in time. But if she freaks out every time you bring home snacks, it might be the opportunity to get a woman comfortable with eating. I don't know how invested you are with this one.

Guest Epicsend
On 6/13/2020 at 11:48 AM, high said:

Maybe the doctor talk will wear off in time. But if she freaks out every time you bring home snacks, it might be the opportunity to get a woman comfortable with eating. I don't know how invested you are with this one.

Snacking isn’t the issue with her she loves food like that was the biggest perk of intentional weight gain for her was pigging out on what she wanted. We had a good weekend and made some progress I’m at the stage where I think she just wants to make healthier choices in conjunction with eating what she wants. Going on walks a few times a week cutting some sugar out like drinking less soda (but she over ate all weekend had a glazed donut for breakfast but and is talking about fast food for lunch today and salad and fruit tomorrow. So I have literally no idea what’s going to happen habah