Does anyone have experience with the effect of marijuana on weight?

Guest Biggi

Guest Biggi

My girlfriend and I have been dating about 2 months and by the looks of it she’s gained about 10 lbs. She smokes ** like once a month but now she’s getting a wax pen to have more often. I’ve read that it can reduce your ability to gain weight or even make you lose weight, just wondering if anyone has experience? 

In general, ** increases your appetite because it lowers your blood sugar - you've heard of 'the munchies', right? However, not all strains will make you hungry, and like anything ** affects different people in different ways. If you smoke all the time you'll build up a tolerance to it, but I very much doubt it would help you lose weight. 

I'm not sure if this is relevant to your interests--It hardly counts as any kind of real evidence--but an anecdotally influenced "weight gain / marijuana use correlation" certainly featured heavily in my collegiate weight gain story:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bigmtnripper

i can vouch that it makes my wife hungrier. When we eat edibles she pays no attention to what she eats vs when she is sober

Guest Baller

My girlfriend also has one but even though she eats a lot more when smoking, she hasn’t gained any weight I don’t think

• 2 months later...
  • Curvage Model

Honestly, ever since I started eating edibles to help with my anxiety at night - I have found that my appetite is even more out of control than usual. I've always had a ridiculous appetite but w e e d seems to take it to a whole other level of insatiability that I have never experienced before. Which I'm partially attributing to my most recent spike in weight.

My only experience is observation within my peer group (I've never been what you would call a consumer - tried it a couple times, didn't do much for me then I had a really bad experience on it and haven't touched it since).

Anyway - what I've observed through friends of mine who do regularly indulge, their appetites do appear to increase dramatically afterwards.  These are guys who are otherwise in good shape and don't eat excessively.  After 'getting on the gear' I've seen these guys go to McDonalds and romp down 3 burgers without taking a breath.  They always feel like hell afterwards, but the cycle repeats the next time they're on it.

I started smoking it after a friend of mine complained to me about how fat she'd gotten from having started smoking and getting the munchies, but it didn't seem to affect my appetite much (drinking usually does, which is fine because I also get a bloat going and there's calories lol) but it had helped me push through with stuffings, etc. when I am more relaxed, even if my appetite isn't much different. That said, seems like a lot of people i know, it did help with appetite