Weight Gain Reaction at Family Cookout (True Story)

Lms2268

Hi everyone! So today I went to a cookout with a lot of my extended family for Memorial Day. Something kind of unexpected happened with my cousin and I thought it was interesting so I decided to share with you guys! 

(Also I’m not a writer so don’t judge grammar/creativity it’s just a true story lol)

—

Also If you don’t know me I started gaining about 2 1/2 months ago (unintentionally with quarantine...it’s a long story) but anyways I have always been very thin with a flat stomach so now that I’m a little chunkier and have a new belly I knew my family would notice. 

When I arrived to my cousins house I was already getting ready for some comments on my new weight. Considering I’ve gained a good 20 pounds (and counting 😏) since before quarantine. I wore some jean shorts that are definitely a little tighter now than they had been last year giving me a little bit of a muffin top and a pretty regular shirt. My shirt was pretty stretchy so it fit almost the same besides the round outline of my belly showing through the somewhat thin fabric. I said hi to all my cousins and family that I hadn’t seen in awhile. No one really said anything negative about my weight/how I looked. My aunt looked at me and said “you look cute!” and that was it. 

Pretty soon it was time to eat. I loveeee cookout food! Hotdogs, hamburgers, pasta salad, potato salad, watermelon, lots of chips and desserts! 😋 I made my first plate with a heaping portion of everything and one hotdog and one hamburger to start. I easily shoveled down that plate. I got up to go get seconds - this is when I noticed one of my cousins. She’s a pretty average weight not super skinny but definitely not chubby - average with a little pooch if you know what I mean. Now that I’ve gained some pounds I’m a little chunkier than her maybe by like 10-15 pounds but not that much. She works out often and usually watches what she eats very very carefully because she used to be a little overweight but I noticed she made herself a decent sized plate - almost as much as mine - which is rare for her. Usually at family gatherings or holidays she hardly eats any food. I watched her eat her first plate almost as quick as me! When I went to go get seconds I heard my mom say “you already finished your plate?” as most people were still eating their first plate. I just smiled and said “yup!”. 

My cousin followed quickly after me to get seconds. We both got some more food - I got more chips, pasta salad, another hotdog and another hamburger while just grabbed some chips and potato salad. Once again we ate pretty fast. I told myself that might be enough and maybe I should slow down as I felt my mom glaring me eating my second helping. I could feel my belly pressing against my tight jean shorts, especially when I sat down, and I knew it was probably sticking out a bit more than before. I loved this feeling and went back to the table of food without even thinking about it. I grabbed another hotdog and a huge helping of chips. My cousin didn’t fill up her plate a third time but she kept eating a few chips off of my plate every now and then. 

At this point we both had very visible food b**s, mine sticking out further than hers by a couple of inches or so. My belly was clearly peaking out of my shirt at this point but I liked it. A muffin top was very visible as I sat down in my too small shorts and even visible when I was standing. After I finished that plate I was extremely full and I knew she was too. Her belly was peaking out of her tank top quite a bit. She leaned back in her chair and made a moaning noise like she was full. Then I watched her hands start to rub her round stomach. I was shocked, in awe almost. It made me want to do the same so I secretly began to rub my belly underneath the table. Then to my surprise she lifted up her shirt exposing her giant food baby! I couldn’t believe it! Still rubbing her belly, one of our other cousins slapped her belly and said, “damn that’s quite the food baby!”. Her cheeks got red with embarrassment but then she kind of just started laughing. To make her feel a little better I said, “Okay but have you seen mine!” and lifted up my shirt exposing my growing belly. Her eyes widened a bit not truly realizing just how much I had gained. She slapped mine too and said, “my god what have you put in there?!”.

Just then my grandma came out and announced it was time for dessert. My cousins and I looked at each other and smiled. She was known for her famous chocolate cake and I couldn’t wait! My cousin who had shamed our bellies said, “I don’t know if you guys need any of that...” We were laughing but she started to look a little serious. I looked at her and said, “are you kidding?! There’s no way I’m not eating some of grandmas cake!”. We laughed and went inside to get some cake. I started with a pretty big slice while my cousin just cut herself a small normal sized piece. It looked like she was trying to slow down a little. 

When my cousin and I went back inside to get another slice it was just us in the kitchen while everyone else was still outside talking and eating. She looked at the cake and goes “I know I shouldn’t...” but her hand picked up the spatula to shovel another slice on her plate. I just kind of laughed and said, “okay but when’s the next time we get some of this cake? I’m not waiting until thanksgiving for more of this!”.  She knew I was right and started eating her second piece in the kitchen. I figured this was a good time to eat more cake anyways since no one was in here... she looked at me staring at the cake and said, “hey I won’t tell anyone if you have another piece...”. I cut another huge slice and literally shoved it in my mouth. It was so good and chocolately I just wanted to eat the whole cake. She started laughing at me and said, “damn I didn’t know you were that much of a pig!” I made a shocked face pretending to be offended and then just started laughing.  

The rest of the cookout was mostly just visiting with family and playing games. My cousins and I usually play some volleyball so after cake everyone wanted to play. As a former volleyball player I love to play but I was feeling kind of full. I joined in anyways but my shorts kept riding up my ass every time I would move or jump to hit the ball. Not to mention my shirt kept coming up as well. I tried to pull it down multiple times but there really was no use. It would just go right back up. My belly was practically hanging out at this point jiggling each time I hit the ball. My cousins food baby was peaking out as well and bouncing a little as she played. I had to take a break a few times because I was getting a little winded. When I was taking a break my grandma walked over and saw my round belly very visibly hanging out of my shirt. She looked down and said “looks like you had a little too much cake dear!”. She was laughing and I don’t think she meant it to be a rude comment. I smiled and told her it was my favorite how could I not have a few slices! 

That was pretty much the end of the cookout. I’m still kind of shocked at my cousins new appetite - not at all judging her bc clearly I’m doing the same thing (well actually eating even more than her haha) so I’m sure my family was shocked at my new appetite as well! It’s just kind of crazy to watch because she has always been so careful with what she ate. Even when I was slimmer I still ate pretty much anything I wanted just with more moderation than now. I’m still not sure why she’s begun to eat so much. Maybe the same way I started, maybe quarantine, added stress, relationship problems, I have no idea but I kinda want to find out. I’ll keep you guys updated if I find out why or have any other stories! 

Also let me know what you guys thought/if you liked it! 

This is a really cute and delightful story. Would be fun seeing you try to play volleyball with your now rounder appearance. I'm also a bit curious if your cousin might be into the same stuff you are no realize it? It's a sneaking thought, but it would be fun to think about. The whole think reads like it's straight from some Weight Gain story which also makes it sultry too--two cousins encouraging each other to enjoy more and more food. :D

@Lms2268 I know you're kinda new to all of this, but I'm glad you seem to be having fun with it (and gaining more weight by the sounds of it) have you even read any WG related stories or comics. I'd be interested to see what a new person to this genre would think of them?

P.S. And definitely share any more of these moments

46 minutes ago, Vekelvy said:

This is a really cute and delightful story. Would be fun seeing you try to play volleyball with your now rounder appearance. I'm also a bit curious if your cousin might be into the same stuff you are no realize it? It's a sneaking thought, but it would be fun to think about. The whole think reads like it's straight from some Weight Gain story which also makes it sultry too--two cousins encouraging each other to enjoy more and more food. :D

@Lms2268 I know you're kinda new to all of this, but I'm glad you seem to be having fun with it (and gaining more weight by the sounds of it) have you even read any WG related stories or comics. I'd be interested to see what a new person to this genre would think of them?

P.S. And definitely share any more of these moments

! 😊 but yeah I was wondering that too but I don’t think she knows anything about this community. I’ve thought about asking her though. 

I definitely am haha and I have read a few before on forums on here and I usually really like them! Maybe that’s what inspired me to write mine like a wg story 

It would be interesting to see her response, if the topic ever came up in conversation. So, have you heard of Breakfast with Sister or No Lunch Break as WG stories? They were the definitive manga/comic series that made me realize I liked growing girls.

10 hours ago, Vekelvy said:

It would be interesting to see her response, if the topic ever came up in conversation. So, have you heard of Breakfast with Sister or No Lunch Break as WG stories? They were the definitive manga/comic series that made me realize I liked growing girls.

If it ever comes up or if she mentions it again I’ll update you guys haha and no I don’t think I’ve heard of those ones

1 hour ago, dania201 said:

If they’re shocked by the quarantine weight, just wait until Thanksgiving... 😉

Thanks for writing this and sharing! It’s always fun to see people’s reactions 😵🥰

Ahaha you’re right! I can’t imagine how much I’ll gain during the holidays 😂 and of course! 

It always interests me to see how people react to others gaining weight (especially as quick as you have), so glad to hear that everything went well! Sounds like a great time and thanks for the story.

• 3 weeks later...