My Wife (2007 to present)

insider

I enjoy reading the stories of others on here and wanted to give a history of my wife and her gradual transformation.  This includes her weight gain and her hair.  I will break up the progression over time by month from when we met in March of 2007.  The account is pretty much true (based on my memory), but I have changed certain details to keep it anonymous. The story becomes somewhat more creative in 2020. I cannot share pictures, as she would not be happy with that.

March 2007 (approx 130 lbs)

I had worked at the corporate office of an insurance company for about two years when one day I saw a new admin who was working in another department on my floor.  She was cute and caught my eye immediately.  She was 5'1", in her early 20s, had clear skin, a pale completion and hazel/green eyes.  Her hair was light brown, loose curls, all one length and a bit below her shoulders.  She was petite and had a small build, but wore a few extra pounds.  What caught my eye was her chest that was larger than one who expect for her frame and her rear was big enough that is sort of stood out with her body.  As we did not work together, I would smile when I saw her but we did not have any reason to speak.

May 2007 (approx 125 lbs)

After a few months, I noticed that she tended to eat lunch in the lunchroom on our floor.  She would eat on the earlier side and would often eat alone.  I started to bring my lunch their as well and started eating around 11:45.  Before long we started talking to one another and sometimes eating together.  I noticed that she was a careful eater who most had salads and other foods that one would eat on a diet.  We had friendly conversations, but nothing serious. As time progressed we got closer.  I would learn after that she tried to be in the lunchroom at the same time as me so we could meet up.  I also learn that this was her first real job after two years of junior college and that she was 20 years old. She was pretty shy, so nothing happened quickly.

June 2007 (approx 125 lbs)

One Monday, I saw her and her hair was different.  It was much curlier and now above her shoulders.  It looked cute on her and complimented her appearance.  I did not say anything at first, but half was through lunch mentioned that I liked her hair.  She looked relieved and said that she was not sure about it.  She went on to explain that her mom had kept her hair and her sister's hair short when they were growing up and she was a chubby girl.  She said that she became used to having shorter hair that was easy and low maintenance, so when she wanted to grow it longer her stylist suggested that she perm it to keep it easier.  I just smiled and enjoyed hearing her talk about her appearance for the first time.  I did not want to say too much other than that I liked it on her.

The next week, I wanted to get her talking about her appearance again, so I asked if she was now used to her hair.  She said she was and explained that she went to the same stylist who she has gone to since her mom started taking her when she was younger.  She explained that since she had lost weight she liked having her hair a bit longer and felt like she could pull it off.  This was the first time I learned that she had been bigger.  I did not want to ask more questions and let her talk.  I then just tried to picture what she looked like with more weight. I liked the idea of her having bigger features.

July 2007 (approx 122 lbs)

By early July I got up the courage to ask her out. Deep down, I think I was waiting for her to make the first move.  She was a shy girl, so I doubt it would have happened.  She immediately agreed and we went out for a nice dinner.  For the first time, I saw her in non-work clothes and was impressed.  She was wearing really make-up and was dressed nicely.  What she was wearing showed off her chest that was bigger than I had thought.  I also noticed that she had probably lost a bit of weight since I first met her earlier that year.  I let her know how nice I thought she looked.

The dinner went well.  Unlike lunch, I saw she enjoyed eating and ate more than I thought she would. I liked this and certainly did not say anything about it. I did however encourage dessert and she did not complain.  We went out a few more times that month, but took it slowly. She had never been in a serious relationship, so I figured it was better to wait and promised myself that I would not make a move until she did.

August 2007 (approx 125 lbs)

It took about five dated until she eventually made the move and kissed me.  It was at my place after we had gone for dinner and it was worth waiting for.  We took things very slowing, but I loved kissing her and feeling her soft skin.  She was into it as well, but was shy.  I know it was hard for her to make the move.

I also found that over time she was more comfortable around me.  She ate more when we went out and really enjoyed food.  I liked this and hoped she would not stop eating.  She opened up to me about her weight and how she had been heavy most of her life.  She struggled with her weight as a teen and only started to seriously diet her senior year of high school.  I learned that she had been close to 190 lbs at her biggest when she was 17.  I thought to myself that she probably looked better like that, but did not say anything either way.

Near the end of the month, she cut her hair again.  It was not drastic, but well above her shoulders and more layers.  She told me that her stylist suggested taking it shorter and thinning it out to give the curls more body as the perm grew out.  She explained that her hair was fine so it was always hard to keep length.  She was not sure if she liked it as she thought it made her face look fat.  When she mentioned it, I noticed for the first time that she may have actually gained a bit of weight.  I told her that I thought she looked great and that a few more pounds would look good on her.  I think she was surprised to hear that.

September 2007 (approx 127 lbs)

By mid-September we were a full on couple.  We stayed away from one another at work, as we did not want to attract attention.  I had learned that I was her first serious relationship, so I realized nothing would happen too fast.  She still lived with her parents, but we normally hung out at my place at first. 

I met her family that month for this first time.  They were typical semi-rural, midwest folks.  Her mom looked like her with soft features and good skin.  She was about the same height, but was probably around 250 lbs, which seemed to fall towards her lower body.  She had salt and pepper hair that was cropped short. Her father was a bigger guy who sort of had that farmer look.  Her sister was three years older and was engaged.  She was 3 or 4 inches taller, had straight hair that was below her shoulders and a darker brown.  She was heavier, but had an overall bigger frame so she wore her weight evenly. At the time I would say she was around 200 lbs. Her features were not as soft and her skin less clear.

When I came over I also saw photos of her when she was younger for the first time and saw what she looked like when she was much bigger.  Her face was a bit more full, but like her mom it seemed like most of her weight was in her lower body. I tried not to stare at the photos, but she saw me looking at them.  She made some remark that they were pretty awful and I immediately disagreed. She made it clear that she was not happy about her weight and I again reminded her that would like her no matter what. At the time, she still did not believe me.

October 2007 (approx 130 lbs)

As time progressed, I began to get to feel her body more.  It happened slowly, but I was crazy about how soft she felt.  Her bigger features were my favorite and I only wished they were even bigger.  As she was shy, I did not get to see her body very much when we were together. Any time that she would not have all of her clothes on it would have to be dark.  I got the odd peak and it thrilled me.  I saw that she had pretty dark stretch marks and learned that she was very self conscious of them. 

As we became more comfortable, she also started to worry less about her weight.  She would eat more with me and that made me happy. She was still visiting the gym, but not as frequently. Her gaining weight was not very noticeable, but I was happy to see she was not losing weight.  We did not talk about it much, but I would try to make her feel good about her body as much as I could.

November 2007 (approx 132 lbs)

We grew closer to one another and more comfortable.  She warmed up to the idea of staying over at my place, even if we were still taking things slowly. I made it clear that I did not want things to happen too fast, but we could still spend more time together.  Her sister had broken her parents in so that was not the issue. I remember the first morning seeing her in her underwear and her covering up right away.  I found it cute and it made seeing her body more of a thrill. I could see that her underwear was bigger than it should have been and was baggy on her.  I suspect it was a pair from when she was bigger.  She was wearing a t-shirt, but it was probably the first time I saw her without a bra.

She invited me to spend Thanksgiving with her family.  I liked the idea and agreed. She asked my opinion about her getting her hair done, as she would be seeing all of her family. I knew not to say much about hair, as it is a dangerous area.  I liked hearing her talk about her appearance, so I tried to listen well and get her talking. Her hair was to about shoulder length and was looking pretty limp with the curls growing out.  She was not sure whether to have it permed again. She explained that it was expensive and her hair would look shorter, but it made her hair easier to style and gave it more body. I let her know that I liked how it looked and would not complain either way.

When I next saw her, she looked very different.  Her stylist took off quite a bit of length and layered her hair so it was not really an even bob style anymore, but sort of a shag style. It was cut to the hairline in the back, with her neck trimmed with clippers. It was around her ears lobes on the sides.  It was layered in the front and the curls seemed a bit tighter than when she last permed it. I had never dated a girl with short hair before and found that it suited her.  It showed off her face more and probably showed that she had put on some weight. She knew that I liked it and I think she did too, as it was much easier for her.  She told me that it was longer if it was straight, but the curls made it look shorter. She said her stylist got scissor happy, but that she was used to that as her stylist likes shorter styles.

At Thanksgiving I met more of her family.  They were nice people and mostly heavy set.  Her aunts and cousins were pretty much all full figured. She was the thinnest of all of the women there over 12 years old.  Many people who saw her commented that she was still so thin.  Her hair seemed to be a hit as well, with her mom and aunt being happy that she was keeping it in a more mature style. I realized then that she was probably going to be bigger as time went by.

December 2007 (approx 135 lbs)

Like most where we lived, her family made a big deal about Christmas. No shortage of food around the house and it showed.  By the time the holidays were over, she was showing some real weight gain.  I would say she put on five pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I could feel it in her mid section and her pants were fitting very tightly.  Her chest only looked different when she was not wearing a bra, but i noticed.  I liked the look and loved the way she felt.  She talked about it a bit and said that she wanted to lose weight for her sister's wedding in March. I told her she would look good no matter what and that she had an amazing body.

January 2008 (approx 132 lbs)

We were becoming closer and  her staying over at my place was now pretty normal.  She was slowly becoming less shy, but would still try to hide herself from me.  She would not change in front of me, but was becoming more comfortable with other things. By the middle of the month she started to become fixated with the idea of losing the weight for her sister's wedding.  I did not want to tell her not to, but did not encourage it. She started to really diet and go to the gym more frequently. It was effecting her mood and was not a good thing for the most part.

February 2008 (approx 128 lbs)

Her dieting and weight loss efforts continued at a rapid pace.  It made her a miserable person and one who I did not care to spend as much time with.  By mid February, we got into a serious fight.  For two weeks, I did not speak to or see her, apart from work.  She was now on a different floor, so it was not like we saw each other that much anyhow. It was a hard time for us and I was not sure if it was the end.

March 2008 (approx 125 lbs)

By early March we were talking again and trying to make things better.  Our relationship was tense, but I knew she was trying.  She wanted us to be a couple at her sister's wedding and I wanted this as well.  She was still losing weight and it was noticeable.  That fact that she was short made it so that even minor weight changes showed on her.  She wanted to look good in her dress, so I sort of understood. It could tell she was still miserable from dieting, but she was trying to be nice.  I still did not like what it was doing to her.

Her and her sister also both planned to get highlights for the wedding.  She was a bit scared to do it, as she had never had blonde hair before.  Her hair had not been trimmed since November so it was longer and the curls were grown out quite a bit.  She planned to have it straightened for the wedding so it would look longer.  She ended up getting some serious highlights to the point that she looked blonde.  Her her was straight for the wedding and she was happy with how she looked. I would have liked to have seen her a bit heavier, but did not say anything to her. It took me a while to get used to her being blonde.

April 2008 (approx 127 lbs)

After her sister's wedding she relaxed her dieting.  We also had the first real talk about her weight and I explained that I would rather she is 300 lbs than miserable.  She knew I meant it too. It was around this time that I think she came to accept that she was meant to be bigger and fighting it was not a battle she could win in the long run. 

By the end of the month she was eating more and was not really using her gym membership. We were also in a better place in our relationship.

May 2008 (approx 130 lbs)

Things had gotten back to normal with us as the spring progressed. I was happy that she was back to herself.  I saw a bit of weight gain and now she was a bit less shy with me seeing more of her. She was staying over more often and there were times when we would have to share my one bathroom. 

She also looked different with her longer and pretty much blonde hair.  We were at house parent house one day when her mom started talking about her hair and when she was planning to cut it.  I do not recall her words but it was something let when she was ready to get rid of that silly mess and go back to a practical style.  By then, her sister had done the newlywed chop, so she was the only one in the family with long hair. I did not say anything, until her mom asked my opinion. After trying to avoid the question with a non-committal answer, I ended up saying that I liked her hair short. I felt a bit pressured as both her mom and sister now had short hair.

After dinner with her parents we spoke and she asked me if I really liked her hair shorter. I said that I did and she should do what she wants.  She told me that she always thought that she should keep her hair long as that is what guys like.  Although I did generally like long hair on women, I found that short hair suited her. Her hair had grown to her shoulders or a bit below by that time and was pretty limp looking as her perm had pretty much lost its effect. I think she was surprised that I did not immediately tell her to grow her hair long.

June/July 2008 (approx 135 lbs)

It seemed like she was gradually putting the weight that she lost for her sister's wedding back on.  I was able to see it more too, as she was now more comfortable with me seeing her.  I liked seeing her get a bit bigger and fill out. As she was eating more, her stomach tended to bulge out a bit after meals.  I liked that even if she did not.  We spent more time with one another and went on our first trip together that summer.  She ate like crazy on the trip and seemed to gain quite a bit over that week.  As we were sharing a hotel room, I got to see her dress which also showed how she was getting bigger.

Her hair was also still longer and the blonde was growing out.  It was not the most flattering hair for her but I did not say anything. She talked about changing it, but kept putting it off.  By the end of the month she was wearing her hair up in a ponytail most days.

August 2008 (approx 135 lbs)

August was a hard month, as she lost her job because of the financial crisis.  I kept my job, but it was a depressing work environment.  It was nearly impossible to find work as an admin in financial services at that time.  She was sad and worried about money. I tried to make her feel better, but it was not that easy. 

She did not eat as much at first, but seemed to keep her weight.  She finally got her hair cut.  She did not want to spend money on more highlights or a new perm, so she just had her stylist give her a short bob that was about chin length.  Now that she went back to shorter hair, it sort of showed that she put on weight in her face. I liked that but the cut still left her hair looking limp.  The roots that were growing out were not really great either, but I was still good with whatever she did.

September/October 2008 (approx 140 lbs)

Unemployment turned into a time for putting on weight for her. She seemed to eat a lot more when she was not working. I did not complain and she seemed to just accept it. By October she took a part time job at a supermarket.  This was discouraging for her, but she had to make some money.

By the end of October she had gained a noticeable amount of weight.  She also did not have the money to buy new clothes, so most of the clothes she wore fit her tightly. I liked the look and enjoyed watching her dress, but she did not feel the same way.  I tried to give her support whenever and however I could. 

She got her hair cut again near the end of October and her stylist went shorter with the bob.  It was above her chin and a clipped a bit in the back. I thought it was really cute and liked how it felt in the back where it was clipped short.  Her face also looked a bit plumper after she got it cut again.  She told me that her stylist suggested a short style to cut out the remaining blonde hair, but she was afraid it would be too short. I did not say anything, but pictured her with short hair and sort of liked the change each time she went shorter.

November 2008 (approx 143 lbs)

Things stayed pretty much the same for November. She continued to gain weight gradually but was now bigger than I had ever seen her.  I liked the look and realized that I wanted her to stay big.  As she gained weight she also felt better to me when I held her.  As time progressed, we had more intimate time.  She was becoming very comfortable with me even if she did not have clothes on.  If it were up to me, she would never wear clothes when we were alone together.

By the time Thanksgiving came around, she was looking bigger but it was her sister who was getting the attention as she was a few months pregnant.  Her sister was already gaining some baby weight and it suited her.  When we were there I noticed that she was still the smallest of all the women in her family, even though she was starting to catch up.

December 2008 (approx 147 lbs)

The Christmas season was hard for her as she was still unemployed.  That did not stop her from eating and gaining weight.  It seemed like there was always food around her house that time of year. She gained more weight that month than she had ever gained at one time.  I think it might have been as a result of the season and her being a bit depressed. It was hard for her to find work and she enrolled in a job finding program for the new year.

She got her hair cut a bit before the holidays and stayed with the short bob.  She kept it a similar length to before, but went a bit shorter in the back.  Again her stylist tried to get her to go short to cut out what she called her two-toned hair. She again passed on the idea, but told me after that she had second thoughts about it after. Her mom also thought that she should do something about her hair, as it might be better for the job search if it was one color.

For Christmas I took her on a shopping spree as she really needed new clothes by that time.  She was smart and bought mostly work clothes so she could look professional in interviews and when she returned to the workplace. She also bought new bras as she had grown quite a bit. She still wore the same jeans that by now were way to small on her. I sort of liked seeing them look tight on her rear and her stomach bunching up above them.

January 2009 (approx 147 lbs)

She started to slow her eating down after Christmas and take the job search more seriously.  The course that she was in really pushed her and by the middle of the month, she was getting interviews. It was good seeing her get dressed in nice clothes again and try to get back to work.  She did not gain weight, but did not lose it either.

She did not have much success in the first interviews and took it up with a career counselor who was part of her employment program. The counselor went through her skills and everything else about interviewing. One piece of advice that she was given was that it is better when interviewing for an administrative position to have your hair as professional as possible.  This meant one natural color and to either wear your hair up and off your face or to keep it short enough that it is out of your face. She asked the career counselor if she thought her weight or the way she dresser was an issue and she was told they she looked professional in that regard. When she asked if her hair was an issue and the counselor told her that it might be better if she tries a more serious and professional look.

When she got home she asked me about it and I really did not know.  I found that at work looking older for someone in their early 20s was probably better. She also had a naturally youthful face, so she looked like she could still be in her teens. She asked if I cared if she tried short hair and I said it was fine.  At the time I thought she meant like she had it in late 2007 or a bit shorter.

Guest jake69
1 hour ago, dania201 said:

No offense, but are you really going to do 10 chapters a year over the last 12 years? So, ~120 vignettes? For the reader’s sake, you might consider just a few per year as you get going. Just a thought. 

It's his story. Let him tell it how he wants. Don't like the format, don't read it. 

Thank you for your comments.  I am trying to break it up as I am new on here and lost my original draft when I tried to include more at one time.  I figured breaking the story up is safer and a bit better for editing.  I will not be going month by month for the whole period, as I do not recall everything after so many years.  The first few years were most memorable.