Women comparing bellies.

Has anyone ever noticed that when you get a group of young women together once one shows off her belly and complains about weight gain they all do?

For me at least this tended to happen at house parties in highschool and college. Usually some girl who just started gaining weight complains about her beer belly or freshman fifteen, food baby, ect. Then another does the whole "you're not fat, I'm fat" thing and before you know it a gaggle of women lifting their shirts up to compare.

You can see this in plenty of pictures floating around the web, I've seen it many of times but mainly with college age chicks at house parties with lots of beer involved. I've had a few coworkers pull that stunt too usually younger gals just starting to fill out, blaming that new gut on bloating. I just think its hot the way girls will compete for attention even if its the "negative" type about them getting fat.

College parties are far behind my millenial ass so I see less of this in the wild. Do girls still do this? Was it a generational thing like low rise skinny jeans? 

would be great to witness some of what. personally i have only been in conversation, over coffee and cake over girls complaining how much the have gained lately. the closest thing to that example as yours is , having lunch in our mother in law's house. my lady was cleaning up the last fries of what was a very big burger and said 'i am so full, she standed up, lift her shirt and you could see a really sexy bloated belly, tomorrow i am dieting, but she proceded to finish the plate, and no diet came afterward... delicious to witness

For the Millennial generation back than it wasn't a big deal to lift up your shirt. Half of the girls at these parties were already wearing clothes that showed off their bellies. The girl with the most belly on display won, and comparing bellies just gave them an excuse to show off their bellies. These chubby girls were half embarrassed to show off their bellies and half really wanting to show them off. After a few beers they mostly were interested in letting their fat bellies loose to prove who was hottest.

@PhatCat I totally know what you mean. the naughties were amazing, tons of chicks walking around in low rise skinny jeans and crop tops, regardless of weight. All the cool girls showed their bellybuttons, with bonus points for a piercing. A time before yoga pants when words like "muffin top" and "fupa" just entered our lexicon.