autohide the chat box

bangs15

i dont like being reminded 159 other people are masturbating to belly pics along side me. hiding it resets every time i go to a new page

why is ** censored, that's the most insecure shit i've ever seen on a site

It can be closed both on mobile and desktop

Desktop is so easy to close so I’ll assume you’re on mobile. See screen shots for instructions. 

As far as you’re assumptions of insecurity, well that is just false. Anything blocked has a background story and a reason. 

Besides we’re the best 😉

30A6A37E-3238-443B-91F3-CB9E4CDDDEF5.jpeg

9C4F852B-3B43-4583-ADF3-987994BD495C.jpeg

Getting more messages about this, You know what...

We will just get rid of the mobile chat icon. If folks don't seem to like it we can correct course.

I will also hide the online list.

Seems like we have one of the great chat systems here but I suppose this is why we can't have nice things.

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

Is there any way to 'opt out' of appearing online? Even if I hide the chat, I keep getting notifications for it. I'd rather it was on a different page that I had to intentionally go to, rather than every page on the bottom because I get notifications every time I use a new window. 

Tabbed browsing is the norm these days, it makes more sense to house it in a separate window for those that want to use it. 

Don't get us wrong S77, we don't want to disparage the work you've gone through to get it set up - it's just an issue of user experience. It's like if you gave our eyes a cyborg implant that would allow us to see what the time and temperature was in the corner of our vision - its a novel idea, but you would get people asking you for an option to 'hide' the numbers so your vision wasn't obstructed by a clock all day. 
We honestly appreciate the effort, it's just that it's 'always there'.   

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

@S77 I'm using a desktop - when you click on the ">" icon, it does indeed collapse the chat and leave behind a "<" icon, but the second someone in chat speaks, or you go to a new page, the toolbar expands back to the original ">" icon and chat bar, with a notification bubble.

I'm interested in collapsing the chat and not having it re-expand on me when anyone talks.  

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

@S77 - I've taken a video of the issue in action:

At 0:00, the video starts with a notification bubble marked '1'. Opening the chat will dismiss the bubble, as intended. 

At 0:02, I choose to hide the chat, which collapses the toolbar to a "<" icon, as intended. 

At 0:05, I click on the Suggestions forum at the top of the page to direct my browser somewhere else, as intended.

At 0:07, the instant the page loads, the toolbar has re-expanded - this is not intended.

At 0:11, I am still receiving notifications from the chat, despite the fact I wanted it hidden - this is not intended.