Quarantine gain estimate?

chrissy

Just an idle question as I’m curious what you think. A friend of mine has multiple health issues making her really susceptible to weight gain; he’s about 5 ft 7 and her previous high was about 220, bottom heavy, but she was able to get herself down to about 145 until this past winter when she’s been very slowly going up again. She’s gone up and down before too.

This quarantine has made her start working from home, eliminating the little exercise she got. Plus she’s stress baking and snacking throughout most days. She touts baking sugar free things but I know for a fact that’s not all she eats. She’s looks noticeably different in the past month already. Anyway, ideas guesses as to her weight now and what she might end up being in say, three months?

that is a good topic to think about and be creative. i guess it depends on the person and every case is different. the fit one will probably find ways to stay fit, but the one who has a tendency to gain weight could find the perfect excuse for it. personally i have been watching my wife and i am hopeful that this will get her to a new stage. comfy clothes ,no past time but eating, i do not know but 3 months ? 15 pounds easily i would love to think

Update: yesterday she failed to get into a pair of jeans that fit two months ago; a month ago she said they were uncomfortably tight. These are about a size 12 I think. She still got in them this time but didn’t try to sit down for fear of ripping them. She’s very bottom heavy but now she has a very noticeable belly again, curving out. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday, in dentist's chair, cute hygienist comes in and makes small talk about the quarantine. 

"How you making out?" she asked.

"Fine as anyone. Didn't lose my job. Quarantine is rough at times but overall, I'm doing well. You?"

"Well, we were shut a while and I stayed by the pool drinking maragaritas and gaining weight."

I sat up straight and looked at her bulging belly.

"I hope this is ok to ask,"  I said. "But since you brought it up, how much weight did you gain?"

"I don't know. All I know is none of my jeans close and when I put on my scrubs, I didn't have to tie the tie to the bottoms anymore, they were stretched to the limit."

"Thank you," I said. "I just think it's adorable."

She smiled and said thank you, and did a great job on my fillings. And every time she turned to the side I saw how big she was around the waist and...wow.  She is probably around 220, at 5'4. 

I love it when they come right out with it, not shy. 

Another update: yesterday she casually complained “I’m already getting a big gut and I don’t like it”, but later that evening apparently she tried ASMR with her partner, whispering the names of different decadent foods in his ear. She seems genuinely conflicted, and yet... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update: Those jeggings were just a bit loose up around the waist when she got them, and as of today they're fitting very snugly. At this rate she's going to need 14s by the end of the year; her biggest was size 15/16, and it took her four years to slim down... and looking like one year to gain it all back after two years of maintenance. Going to be pretty damn hard to lose weight all over again, I imagine.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just a note to say if she was 205 in June I would not be surprised at all if she turned out to be 215 or possibly even 220-225 by now. She just keeps getting bigger… talking lately about “long tops” that hide her belly and emphasize her bust, whereas even six months ago she was completely against such wardrobe styles. At this about I wouldn’t be surprised if she kept going to 240, even 260….