"Faceless" Thread Tags

swifty644

I have found myself visiting new threads on this forum, only to click off because I simply cannot indulge myself in content where the model's face is not on show. I don't think it's just me. We should have a system in place where you can see before clicking whether the content is featuring a model which is faceless or not.

FYI I completely understand why some models are faceless and fully support a decision to remain anonymous. However, it is not content that appeals to me (and a lot others I would presume) and therefore would like a system in place to make this forum more enjoyable to navigate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 3:09 PM, S77 said:

Hi

interesting. What would this system look like? How would be presented to the user?

When creating a thread on picture/video forums (with exception the models, celebs, requests etc), there would be a mandatory field where you tick/untick a box to state this before posting. These threads would then have a mandatory tag that appears first ('Anonymous') only when the anonymous box is ticked (see image).

I do a bit of UX in my job and I know that this would improve site navigation for users massively. I also agree with the above posters suggestion of using 'Anonymous' instead of 'Faceless' to be a little more human.

2020-05-10 11_21_43-Curvy Women Picture Compilation - Curvage.png

On 4/28/2020 at 10:15 PM, lovelymeow555 said:

What do you guys think about "Anonymous Models"?

Although this seems like a good idea on the surface, you will:

a) Have new users who don't understand this and will post threads in the wrong place (though, it would be the right place in their head i.e. pictures in the picture forum)

b) Segregate content that can change over time. For example, Goodgirlgrow as an example of someone who was anonymous and then changed their content over time. This prevents thread duplication and keeps the board tighter

The anonymous tag, which is only applied when the model is anonymous, seems like the best solution moving forward. I'm going to take a stab and say retrofitting tags will not be an option (unless all thread owners did this, which I would not expect them to).

On 4/28/2020 at 12:02 AM, goodgirlgrow said:

Okay, I've been thinking about this... let's not call such people (as a former one myself) faceless, but instead "Body Models"?

Unfortunately I don't think this is immediately obvious enough to new or existing users. New user A could think body models are models who show their whole figure, where new user B may think body models are 3D art generated with software.

I think 'anonymous' is the most obvious language without dehumanizing the content in the way that 'faceless' does.

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow
On 5/10/2020 at 6:27 AM, swifty644 said:

I do a bit of UX in my job and I know that this would improve site navigation for users massively. I also agree with the above posters suggestion of using 'Anonymous' instead of 'Faceless' to be a little more human.

2020-05-10 11_21_43-Curvy Women Picture Compilation - Curvage.png

A more seamless mockup:

Anonytag.png

I agree with the op...  I have zero interest in viewing a faceless torso.  As said, I completely understand why someone would want to remain anonymous.  I love seeing all the beautiful ladies on this site, but to me, a faceless body is just an anatomical image.

• 1 year later...

I know this is quite an old thread but it popped up when I was wondering how popular someone "faceless" can be, and wanted to know as someone who would like to remain anonymous but has a cow print mask I would wear, if that's something that could still appeal to those who need a face to enjoy content?

On 4/18/2022 at 10:46 PM, Rosamoomoo said:

I know this is quite an old thread but it popped up when I was wondering how popular someone "faceless" can be, and wanted to know as someone who would like to remain anonymous but has a cow print mask I would wear, if that's something that could still appeal to those who need a face to enjoy content?

I would say that is is definitely better than being "headless."  At least I would feel like I'm seeing a person and not an image from an anatomy book.