Craft beer fans: What are your favorite beers?

Guest BrewGuy

Guest BrewGuy

Hey friends - as a craft beer nerd, I’m occasionally (often? 😬) fueling the creative writing process these days by dipping into the ol’ beer cellar. Tonight’s selection is a strong farmhouse style ale from St. Louis called Tank 7. It’s amazing, even though I usually like to go for darker stuff, like stouts. 

How about y’all? 

6D013391-6133-42A0-9E70-747E665D6917.jpeg

Guest BrewGuy

Can’t go wrong. Love that stuff. Regular Guinness is awesome, and the Extra, Foreign Extra, and Milk Stout (made at the new place in Baltimore) are pretty dammed good, too. 

Guest BrewGuy

That sounds awesome. I’d love to see Australia to begin with, but I’d love to see the craft beer scene down there (realizing that “there” covers a lot of different territory). 

Guest BrewGuy

Oh man...I’ve heard good stuff about their unfiltered IPAs. Haven’t been up to New England in quite some time, and even then I wasn’t that close to Massachusetts (hutting up Allagash and Shipyard in Maine was great though). Going to have to give those guys a look. 

For the hoppy stuff, I’m partial to Dogfish Head and Victory (plus I’m biased toward Philly area brews to begin with). But Treehouse is on the list...Other Half I don’t know of, but I’ll have to check them out on Beeradvocate. 

I don't know if I'd consider myself a "craft beer" person, but I like stuff other than the typical bluh lights.  Currently drinking a Shiner Bock, but I have been known to drink Abita Amber, Dos Equis, Yuengling, and a few others.  Even a PBR now and then. 

There's a local brewery that has an Irish Pale Ale I sampled a while back that was great. 

On 4/10/2020 at 10:42 PM, PizzaGuide said:

That sounds awesome. I’d love to see Australia to begin with, but I’d love to see the craft beer scene down there (realizing that “there” covers a lot of different territory). 

There is indeed alot of territory down here, much of it wild and empty. We Australians drink alot of beer/ booze here.  While personally I no longer get blind drunk like when I was younger, I still enjoy an occasional beer. The brewery I was talking about has several beers north of 8% that you can buy by the pint.

• 4 months later...

I am a bit sick of the IPA trend, but the Fiddlehead one from Vermont is excellent.  They do a great job of brewing all of the residual sugar out of the beer.  I try to find quality, dry lagers, but they are difficult to find.  Credit where credit is due, Samuel Adams makes a great Octoberfest, which I just picked up yesterday.

• 5 weeks later...