Rush of New “Models”

dania201

I suppose it can’t be surprising that with massive layoffs due to the quarantine and stock market tanking that a lot of people are likely looking for creative income.

On the one hand, from a consumer standpoint, it’s great to see additional content and contributions to the community. On the other, a deluge of newcomers leaves us with plenty of skepticism—how many of these folks are even ‘real’? If the economy recovered tomorrow, how many would still be around or interested in fat and weight gain?

What folks can we legitimately ‘get our hopes up’ for, and who is really just taking advantage of us? 

Gaining real weight is different than other things in that it takes kind of a long time—but that’s also why it’s so amazing. Any thoughts on how to separate the ‘signal from the noise’ right now?

oh this is a very good topic for conversation. personally i welcome them all. and then wait... after 6 months you can clearly see who was really into it, because after 6 months any weight that you were going to gain its on the move and you will notice it. another way to put it, if after six months of opening your model shop and saying that you are going to gain you have gained less than 10 pounds then you are surely not really trying so , losing interest, fakenews, etc. 

See who talks to you.  It doesn't even have to be models, which makes things better.  Any content creator, could be fashion and cosplay too.  But yeah whoever reaches out to me I'll try to give benefit of the doubt until I feel short-changed/ignored.  I don't wanna have my skepticism become vindictiveness.

Nice thread, and I wouldn't obsess over weight gain as that limits things very strictly, opposite of exercising all the time.

• Curvage Model
12 hours ago, extra_m13 said:

oh this is a very good topic for conversation. personally i welcome them all. and then wait... after 6 months you can clearly see who was really into it, because after 6 months any weight that you were going to gain its on the move and you will notice it. another way to put it, if after six months of opening your model shop and saying that you are going to gain you have gained less than 10 pounds then you are surely not really trying so , losing interest, fakenews, etc. 

That’s not necessarily true - I’ve hit massive plateaus in my years of gaining and I’ve stuck at it. I think it’s sad seeing models come and go but just find one you like - interact with them and see what they’re into as well. If those things align then they’re probably not here just for money but because they’re genuinely interested. Everyone has to start somewhere. But I agree with @Chevalier to not obsess over weight gain x

7 minutes ago, ChubbyCupcake said:

That’s not necessarily true - I’ve hit massive plateaus in my years of gaining and I’ve stuck at it. I think it’s sad seeing models come and go but just find one you like - interact with them and see what they’re into as well. If those things align then they’re probably not here just for money but because they’re genuinely interested. Everyone has to start somewhere. But I agree with @Chevalier to not obsess over weight gain x

agree, not necessarily true but likely for the majority, specially if they come in being skinny and fit. what you say its true. 

• Curvage Model
42 minutes ago, extra_m13 said:

agree, not necessarily true but likely for the majority, specially if they come in being skinny and fit. what you say its true. 

Yeah I do get that - 4 years ago I was a small chub and I’d go to meets and people would talk behind my back and I hear things said about me like “why is she here she’s not fat enough”

Interesting topic, there's probably some validity to it.  I'm sure not every model here is fully invested in the fetish but that's ok, if you suspect that just stop buying their content.  Definitely don't try to call anyone out because you could be dead wrong and chase away a model who is into this just struggling either with their weight or accepting the fetish. 

Remember also, not every model has to be a gainer, I'm perfectly happy watching someone overeat as I am watching them balloon up.  Everyone has their preferences.  

• Curvage Model
43 minutes ago, fattony20 said:

Interesting topic, there's probably some validity to it.  I'm sure not every model here is fully invested in the fetish but that's ok, if you suspect that just stop buying their content.  Definitely don't try to call anyone out because you could be dead wrong and chase away a model who is into this just struggling either with their weight or accepting the fetish. 

Remember also, not every model has to be a gainer, I'm perfectly happy watching someone overeat as I am watching them balloon up.  Everyone has their preferences.  

and i think this is where its great when models are open and transparent about what their intentions are ❤️

there are lots of stuffers on here that are open about just being stuffers, they are open to the idea of gaining potentially too but it doesn't seem like its on their timeline yet. i think what we have to understand is that there are a lot of sub kinks in this fetish and that even though its probably the most obvious - gaining isn't most likely what's on the top of a lot of peoples kink list especially for the one gaining. there's a lot they have to go through for them to get to the point of wanting to gain or not. i struggled for years on and off with my kinks and not knowing whether i wanted to gain and then finally "gave in" in 2016 but even then in 2018 i still went on a cleanse for my health for a couple of months. < im not sure what all this rambling is for but i guess its a little bit of me opening up about my life and letting you know that there's more to it than just wanting to or not wanting to. i think with encouragement and the right friendly environment just like we have on here - these new models can flourish. 

Isn't this just the same gatekeeping that shows up from time to time, as people develop the need to define who does and doesn't belong in FA/BBW/Gainer/et al circles? The reaction newcomers to Curvage receive will greatly determine their longevity/openness to the audience here so when people complain that models 'aren't gaining' or are 'too skinny', then see said people leave and complain about tha instead? There's a cause and effect relationship between the two.

I think a lot of the uptick is just due to the effects of lockdowns on & boredom socialization. For better or worse, this is a platform that allows interaction and discussion you can't really get face-to-face right now. It's not just about money, though if you've been laid off and there are no jobs (especially re; the adult entertainment industry where physical contact is often kinda the point lol) and have a cam, then I don't begrudge seeking cash in the interim.

Besides, it's only 'exploitative' if you're projecting a relationship and emotional attachment on models servicing a fantasy. Sometimes, people end up here not being into it and discover they enjoy it but that won't happen when users assume the worst and try to pre-empt it.

I am actually very surprised that there hasnt been more content released by the 'old guard'.

I know most fat models on here have full time jobs so It made total sense when there was only a few updates or videos each month. I thought now everyone is locked at home for the next few months people would be updating a few times a week out of boredom and/or needing more cash.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest high
On 4/11/2020 at 9:26 PM, extra_m13 said:

Obviously you've never dealt with LMBB, who has been "gaining" the same 10 lbs for years with many deluded devoted followers. I don't care, spend your money on her, but the guys sending her money thinking she's gaining are the same ones on the celebrities board who are talking about how they saw a hint of puffiness on some hollywood skeleton and she's gonna blow up any day now. Gotta laugh. To each his own.

• Curvage Model

I unfortunately had some models attack me on another platform when I started to get back into it again. Thankfully I came running back to curvage where I have always felt welcome.  I have gained quite a bit of weight since i met my husband.  The first year was completely unintentional and all on him.  I caught him putting a stick of butter in my leftovers one Time 😮 which sounds abusive to say it out loud but I look back and think it's kinda funny and cute.  Anyway, off topic. I'm like a damn goldfish.haha. so where  was going is that I love most everything about weight gain and the whole realm of the fetish but sometimes I get scared.  My health, my future, ect.  So I'll take a couple weeks and eat really well and whatever and then i get really into it again. It's a cycle but in the end, I've ended up gaining well over 40 pounds now in 2 years intentionally.  Which may not be "as much" as some and may be "more" than others.  But as @Chevalier said if you can make a connection (either by talking or even just being super attracted to) a certain model then thats awesome and you should support them.  I'm assuming a lot of guys come on here and just get their rocks off and dont really care if someone is "real" or not.  But some do care and thats where you can see who's been on here a while and whatnot.  I dont even know if I made sense here 🤣  like I said, I'm a goldfish at times. Haha.   I guess what I meant by all this is that I seem like im not real because I dissapeared and came back under a new name and what not but I'm most certainly real and living a real life feedee/ feeder lifestyle with my husband so theres no way of knowing anyones real story unless you ask and they tell the truth. ❤