Privacy flaw?

Guest Alfredo1

I think what we have here is a misunderstanding of what the setting is doing. Setting profile to private makes the "profile" of a user private. Not all of their content.

Notice even on the page you shared if expanded further their is a link to view profile.. That is what is made private

image.png

Yes, though. I can see why an expansion to this basic setting could be useful. We can certainly look into making status private and expanding to content page also.

13 hours ago, Alfredo1 said:

Hello, I noticed that while certain members have their profile set as members-only, you can still google them and the 1st result will be "(Person)'s content - Curvage" which lets you see status updates and certain forum posts without an account. 

We have updated the behavior of the privacy filter to include any hooks extended by the profile, including content page.
I think you will find this addresses the concerns in this thread.

Additionally new privacy option was added that allows for forcing folks to "follow" before they can view the profile.

Thank you :)