Does Weight Gain Stop?

Guest TakeMeAway

Guest TakeMeAway

My SO has started to gain completely unintentionally and isn’t bothered by it and isn’t doing anything to stop it. From experience, if her diet / lack of exercise doesn’t change she would just keep gaining, right? The science of plateaus isn’t really there yet 😅

• Moderators

Not quite. When someone gains weight, it's not pure fat. Some of it is muscle, to support the extra weight. More muscle mass means more calories are burned by day to day activity. This is why heavier people also tend to lose weight at a quicker rate than a thinner person. To continue gaining weight, you have to also gradually increase your caloric intake to match. This is why you'll often read about the heaviest models who are still trying to gain are eating extreme amounts of calories every day.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2016/09/06/funnel-fed-models-dream-is-to-become-worlds-fattest-woman/amp/

https://gawker.com/aspiring-bbw-fetish-model-gorging-herself-to-gain-200-p-500218767

So, unless your SO is intentionally gaining, they'll likely hit some sort of plateau.

It all depends on how consistently she overeats. Eating more than your daily maintenance results in weight gain. A lot of people tend to overeat one day,  then they undereat (often subconsciously) for a day or two which cancels out the gains.

people that gain weight do tend to hit a plateau of sorts, but once you're like a 40+  BMI career fatty, you'll tend to break through that especially as age and inactivity creep up on you.

I don't try to gain weight and make no effort to lose either, I've been 330 for a couple of years, I'd like to lose some but make no efforts towards it.

• Curvage Model

Unintentional weight gain is almost the most “dangerous” kind - trust me, it happened to me!!

it just keeps creeping up on you and sooner or later you’re stepping on the scale tipping 350+....

I lost 30ish lbs when I was actively participating in Weight Watchers. I put it all back on as soon as I started to not pay attention to it any longer (and my lack of exercise of course) But other than that, she will continue to gain. Probably not in huge increments once she hits a certain weight...but from the sounds of it she’s gonna be bigger than she realizes in no time Heheheh (so hot!!!)

Guest TakeMeAway
2 hours ago, Loveinthebelly said:

Unintentional weight gain is almost the most “dangerous” kind - trust me, it happened to me!!

it just keeps creeping up on you and sooner or later you’re stepping on the scale tipping 350+....

I lost 30ish lbs when I was actively participating in Weight Watchers. I put it all back on as soon as I started to not pay attention to it any longer (and my lack of exercise of course) But other than that, she will continue to gain. Probably not in huge increments once she hits a certain weight...but from the sounds of it she’s gonna be bigger than she realizes in no time Heheheh (so hot!!!)

I should add she (currently) has a slimmer build but was overweight at an earlier part of her life and loves food, if that’s any environmental predisposition 

On 2/27/2020 at 3:23 AM, gta said:

So, unless your SO is intentionally gaining, they'll likely hit some sort of plateau.

Overeating can lead to addiction, which can lead to food intake spiraling out of control. 

it all depends, but yeah most likely there is a plateau for many possible reasons. i would start by how thin was she to begin with ? if she was lets say unnaturally thin and she is relaxing she will likely come to a point where curves will come and probably nothing more will happen. also it depends on how she will react to gaining weight, comments and clothes not fitting. one thing is to enjoy the food and sex and the curves and another getting out of breath climbing some stairs or trying to fit into an old pair of jeans.  so many factors. personally i prefer a slow but sure gain over time. the kind of gain that the lady accepts and doesn't really fight. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Guyoftheweek

Yes, weight gain stops, sort....

Think of it in engineering terms.

Your SO eats more than burning, so the body stores it as fat.

It takes energy to carry around that weight and give it nutrients, etc,.,. So at some point, the additional calories are balanced by the energy requirements.A plateau.

But!  (And it’s a big one). People might eat more to have the energy to carry the weight.

If they eat too much, it spirals up continually.

Please keep us informed.