Help Me Finish a Story? (Input Requested)

Guest FEEDERFATMAN

Guest FEEDERFATMAN

I have this story I've been working on. It's about a female app developer who creates an app that can alter the appearance of its user. She designs it so that you input a BMI from 60-100 to change your body weight to. She gives a sort of "keynote" presentation of the app, along with a demonstration (on herself) of how it works. She hastily finished the app right before its launch, but she forgot to include the function that allows the user to change back after they've altered their weight. She realizes this while she's on-stage, but doesn't mention it to the audience. She then begins to receive a flood of complaints from users who tell her that they can't change back to their original weight once they've fattened up. She has her own problem, she weighs 564.5 pounds now since she gave that app demonstration at the launch. She's only 5'3, so this is definitely a lot of weight for her to be carrying around, giving her a 100 BMI. I am still trying to work out a resolution/ending to this story. I would love people's help in doing that.

I would love the community's help in finishing this story, as well as any good additions that can be made. I would also appreciate any input, including any constructive criticism. Also, let me know how you like the story. Can it use some work? Does it have potential?

The App Developer

Delilah Ortiz worked for a Silicon Valley tech start up. Their mission was to develop apps which could transform the human body. Delilah, having always had a fascination with all things fat, decided she wanted to create an app which could temporarily make people fat.

At first her colleagues laughed and thought she was joking. Nobody took her idea seriously. Being that Delilah was quite petite, standing around 5’3 and 135 pounds, people thought she was just messing around. They also told her nobody would be interested in such a thing. But today was her chance to prove them wrong.

Delilah was just about putting the finishing touches on her new app. She had planned a grand reveal of the new app, which she had dubbed simply as ‘Fat App.’ She didn’t have time to test it out, but she was going to demonstrate its ability on herself. She designed the app to use BMI as the thing people can alter about their bodies. She set it up so that you take a full-body selfie of yourself, then set your desired BMI, from 60-100. The app will then give you a preview of what it can change you to before it actually does it. Then if you’re satisfied with the BMI selection, you can hit the ‘Apply’ button for the change to take effect. Delilah wanted the app to be as user-friendly as possible.

As Delilah finished inputting the last bit of code into the app, she noticed that she only had fifteen minutes until the official launch party for her app. Delilah was kicking herself for having procrastinated this long. She knew not testing the app prior to its launch was a bad idea, but also more reason to double-check everything prior to the launch event. One feature she especially wanted to make sure worked was the ‘Reset’ button. This feature would automatically change the person back to their original weight.

Delilah got several texts telling her she needed to be out in the auditorium for the launch party. So Delilah quickly and hastily put in her last bit of code, then rushed down to the auditorium where the launch was being held. She made sure to grab all her stuff too.

When Delilah got to the auditorium, she noticed the room was packed, with some extra people standing in the back.

As she took the stage, people began clapping. Delilah became nervous. She gathered her thoughts and took a deep breath. Calmly, she approached the podium. She began her presentation by holding up her phone and discussing the potential it had and what it could do. But then she told the audience that there was ‘so much untapped potential’ within such a device. She said, “what if I could alter my appearance, for fun, to be overweight. As you can see, nobody in their right mind would currently call me overweight.” The crowd laughed.

Delilah then grabbed her phone once more and unlocked it. “All I have to do is take a selfie, full body preferably, and input it into the new app I developed.” Delilah then proceeded to take a quick full body selfie, using a mirror that had been brought out by one of her assistants. “Okay now we have our selfie. All I have to do now is to open the app, and allow it to use that selfie. It’s gonna ask me what I want my new BMI to be.” As she was talking, her phone screen was being projected on the large screen behind her. “Okay audience, what say you?How fat should I get? Should I set it all the way to the max of 100?” The audience began to cheer excitedly. “I think I got my answer.”

Delilah then set the slider for the BMI to 100. “All I have to do is press ‘Apply’ and this will change my body size to one where my BMI is 100.” She pressed ‘Apply’ and for Delilah everything around her suddenly froze momentarily. She felt as if she lost consciousness for a second. When she finally came to, she felt something odd. It was as if her whole body was stuck in concrete or something.

Everyone in the audience stood still as they watched her. There wasn’t a peep to be heard in the whole room. Delilah looked around and saw people pointing at her. She looked down and was immediately notified why people were staring and pointing. She was huge! Her belly and boobs prevented her from even seeing the floor beneath her. Delilah realized that her clothes had morphed with her. Her slacks and blouse, even her heels, all morphed with her. Though, her clothes fit a whole lot tighter now. She could feel her large belly putting pressure on the seems or her blouse. Her belly hung down to her knees, so it was also inside her slacks.

I love how much you evoke and how much info you pack into such a short story.

Maybe change it slightly so that it starts as a virtual app, a joke like that app from a few years ago that fattens you up... But then it turns out it does it IRL.