The Glow Room: Mightier than the Sword [BBW, SSBBW, FFA, WG, DG, -IQ, Slob]

LameBrain

Alright I've been posting this one primarily on The Changing Mirror. But I figure some users might also appreciate reading it here too. So I'll also start posting it here.

Here's a different attempt at a TF story. I was a bit inspired by Tales from the Crypt and Black Mirror. I'm curious if people like the idea of a frame story connecting different TF stories together in a connected universe. Let me know what you guys think.

The Glow Room: Mightier than the Sword
By LameBrain

It was 6 or 7 PM when Artie got the call. He had been patiently waiting on his bed for it. He fidgeted as he waited, not wanting to get too excited. What if they blow me off? He thought anxiously. Before the phone rang and he quickly answered it.

“It’s time bro”. He hung up and pulled on his backpack. He had prepared the night before all he needed. A crowbar, a flashlight and some rope.
~~~
“You’re late”

“Sorry” Artie said hurriedly. He knew he wasn’t late, just the other guys were anxious. This was the first time any of them had done this in months.

“We really doing this?” Patrick, at Artie’s left asked. Patrick was always squeamish about jobs with Victor, but he liked doing as he was told.

“Yup, unless you’re too pussy.” Victor responded callously. He wore a ski mask and sheathed a knife in his belt. It was shakedown time and they all knew it.

“What’s the house? Where we doing this?” Artie asked. Victor had been incredibly vague to them on the details. He usually didn’t tell them details till they were ready to hit a place. Artie liked to speculate that Victor didn’t want them to rip a place off without cutting him in.

“Ricket’s place. Right there” He pointed. “A buddy of mine saw some people moving in last week. Nobody’s been in since the furniture was moved. I checked.” He knelt down and opened his bag. Taking out a punch tool and a hammer.

“It’s unlikely they have any alarms, not this quickly after moving in. And there’s no dog. It’s a perfect score.” He pointed at the front door of the house. “Patrick stays by the front just in-case someone rolls by and asks what we’re doing. It’s almost Halloween so he’ll just say we’re practicing trick or treating. Artie and I will hit up the back door. Once we’re inside, I’ll case the ground floor and the second floor. While you’ll hit up the basement.”

“The basement?” Artie asked, a mild amount of terror in his voice.

“Don’t be a pussy there’s nobody there.” Victor responded dispassionately. “Once we’ve filled our bags, we exit out the back again, grab Patrick and meet back here.”

They each agreed to the plan and walked toward the house.

Patrick sat out front by the porch as Artie and Victor walked around the back. There was just a chain-link fence blocking the backyard of the house from the front. They both quickly ambled up it and headed toward the back door. It was a simple glass door. Victor went for it and tugged at its handle.

“It’s locked”. He said.

Good work Captain Obvious Artie thought. Victor jammed the claw of his hammer into the gap and pushed. Breaking the cheap metal latch locking the door in place. He pulled the door open and closed it behind them quietly.

“Basement’s that way.” He pointed toward a white door on their left. “If you find anything good just shout.” Artie gulped and turned the door handle. The basement was engulfed in pitch darkness.

“You going or not bitch?” Victor chided. Flashlight in hand, Artie nodded and made the descent.

He made his way down the stairs into the basement. He shined his light over what he could see in the room. A rumbling furnace lay in one corner. A lot of furniture was stacked all over the place. Everything was draped in dust covers, probably taken from storage and dumped here when they moved in. Artie pulled some of them and started rifling through drawers. After about 10 minutes all he found of any value was a Philips head screw driver and duct tape.

“Why did he pick this fucking house there’s nothing here.” Artie groaned. “I wish we got fucking lost on the way here.” He turned around and trained his light around the room. His flashlight steady, he spotted a doorway tucked behind some of the furniture.

“Huh?” He swore he didn’t see that a second before. But there it was. It was blocked by a table, which he quickly moved out of the way. He put his hand on the doorknob and opened it slowly.
~~~
Light spilled from the room, temporarily blinding Artie. His eyes regained focus and he peered into the room. Behind the door was a person sitting at what looked to be a writing desk. A soft amber glow came off an incandescent lamp on their desk. They were typing on an old antique typewriter, making a loud racket in the process. Artie considered for a second why he didn’t hear the chattering from it initially but dismissed the thought. He went to close the door, but discovered his hand had left the doorknob. In-fact the door wasn’t open anymore; it was closed behind him. He spun around and tugged at the doorknob.

“Dearie won’t work. It’s been stuck for a while”

Artie was terrified, how could he be inside the room? He merely opened the door.

“Save your energy dear.” The figure at the writing desk had stopped typing but didn’t turn around. “You’re trapped here same as me.”

“Trapped?” Artie stammered. “Trapped where?” He pushed his shoulder into the door in a fruitless attempt at unjamming it.

The figure turned around. Revealing what looked to be an old woman with grey skin and matching hair. Her eyes had no irises or pupils.

“You, as well as I, are passengers within the Glow Room. We are both lost, you and I. Tell me, from where did you come from?”

“R-ricket's place” he stammered, not understanding. Did this woman live here? Was Victor wrong and whoever owned the place stuck his batty mother in the basement?

“That doesn’t seem familiar…”. She said slowly. “That door appears for those whom are lost, or want to be lost.”

Artie stepped forward. “What are you talking about? Where am I?”

“You are within the Glow Room as I said, and will stay here as long as the room dictates.” She said succinctly. Artie tugged at the door again and attempted to kick it in. But it wouldn’t budge regardless. He swore and spun around.

The room they were in was rather cramped. Just the writing desk, a bookshelf on one side and a window close to the ceiling on the other. Artie walked over and tried looking through it, but it was fogged over and he couldn’t see anything through it. It was also too small to climb through.

“What’s out there?” He asked the old woman.

“Who knows. Occasionally I hear voices from out there, but that might be my imagination”

Artie paced back and forth for a while. He tried banging on the door, hoping the noise would get Victor’s attention. But all he heard was a silence, and an almost wind-like whistling outside the door. It reminded him of the echo the wind made along the breast of a mountain.
~~~
“Tell me young man, do you like stories?”

“What?” He responded, confused. She had resumed her typing, but momentarily stopped.

“Occasionally that door opens, and someone walks in. And they tell me a story. One from either their past, or a person they were acquainted with. The last person who entered weaved me quite a tale. I’ve almost finished transcribing it from memory.” She pointed to a stack of paper right next to her typewriter.

“What’s it about?” he said perplexed. This was weirding him out.

“It’s about a journalist. She visits a hotel and the experience changes her a great deal. Here. I’ll read it to you.” She immediately snatched the final page from the typewriter and placed it at the bottom of the stack. “I just finished.”

Artie shrugged and reached for a chair next to the old woman at her desk. He turned the chair around and sat on it backwards. Leaning on its padded back. “I’m going nowhere fast. This better be good.” The woman smiled and pulled a piece of loose leaf from the top of the pile. She cleared her throat and started speaking. “The story is called Mightier than the Sword”

“What kind of title is that?” He asked skeptically.

“Don’t ask me. ’Twas their idea dear.”

Chapter 1: In the beginning

The blue glow from Heather’s computer screen filled the room she was in. The LED clock on her desk red 03:13. This wasn’t her first rodeo, she made coffee.

The mayor’s office confirmed that there was no truth to the rumors made on Sunday. And he reiterated there would be no further investigation into them. The clatter of keys on her laptop was an almost comforting sound to her, a familiar one since her days at college. She reached for the mug on her desk only to find it empty.

“Shit”. She got up. Only to immediately feel the blood rush to her head. Prompting her to grab onto her dresser for support. Heather yawned and walked back to her kitchen. Her ex boyfriend Michael had taken most of the furniture, and appliances. Including the microwave. However, he did leave her the coffee maker as he preferred tea. As she hunted around looking for a coffee filter, a text message appeared on her cellphone.

“You finished that mayor story yet? It’s due in 3 hours”. When she was back at her desk, she groaned reading it. “Can someone cut me some slack?”

Heather went to journalism school and even managed to get out of it debt free. But now she wasn’t exactly living the dream she always envisioned for herself. There was little investigation, little excitement. It felt so routine, so dull now. All of the stories her editor threw at her mostly amounted to crap that put her to sleep. She put her phone down and went back to her laptop. Before eying an alert on her web browser from Facebook.

Your friend Michael has changed his status to in a relationship

“Typical” she said softly. A tear welling in her eye. She knew it was bound to happen eventually, he had told her about it. But it just felt so real and definite now. She closed her web browser and went back to work. Being alone and homeless wasn’t an ideal prospect to her.
~~~
“I’ve got some good news team. We’ve got a few new advertisers” Heather’s editor Valerie announced to the room. A group of similarly bored looking journalists sat around a circular table facing toward a whiteboard. A series of company names were being scrawled on it in red ink.

“That means we’ve got a few less trashy stories to write, a bit more pull you know?” Heather rolled her eyes; she heard this one before. “And I’ve got a few leads for you folks.”

Valerie wrote down a few names. Donahue, Tybalt, Faris and Lincoln. “Who wants what?”

“What?” Heather asked curtly. “What are those?”

“Names of different stories. Donahue is about the actor Paul Donahue, word around the grapevine is he’s cheating on his wife. It’s sure to get a lot of hits if we put the story out now. Who wants it?”

“Dibs” A male journalist named Eric in the back raised his hand.

“You got it” she scratched out the name. “Tybalt’s about the new nuclear power plant in Tybalt, Indiana. We need someone to head down there and document the Native American protest going on right now.” Heather shuddered; protests weren’t her bag. Too much noise and chaos, she had enough of that as it was. Valerie looked around the room and eventually pointed to a female journalist on her left. Thank God she thought.

“Faris is about a new hotel opening in Faris county Florida. Owner advertises it as a self help retreat. It’s gotten some buzz in the media over how it doesn’t use traditional psychotherapy to cure people of depression and anxiety. Who wants it.” Again, the room fell silent. Valerie looked around. Heather was secretly hoping she wasn’t going to be picked. Her hopes were dashed a second later when her name was called.

“It’s yours dear. You need a break too. Treat it as a vacation.” Heather smiled a little. Her editor was a nice lady, when she wanted to be. Plus she didn’t have to deal with a protest.
~~~
FARIS COUNTY FEATURES NEW HOTEL RUN BY EX MAGICIAN was the first hit on Google about the hotel. It was officially named “Lake Faris healing lodge” aptly named apparently. She scrolled through a few articles from a few nothing websites documenting it. They ran through the basic rigmarole about these sorts of places. How people went there after a history of heavy drug use, bathed in the lake, went sun tanning and came out addiction free. Didn’t seem to have a religious component, at least at first. She scrolled through some of the articles and saw a name. “Jezebel Richards”.

“Jezebel Richards saved my life. She taught me the light” A rather portly woman said in a Youtube video about the lodge. “She healed me of my vices.”

"Judging by your waistline she failed miserably” Heather mused to herself. Maybe she traded a drug habit for an eating disorder.
The clock on her desk read 06:59, in a minute her alarm was going to ring. Indicating when she was supposed to wake. She forgot to sleep though, and there was always time on the plane to catch up. The healing lodge story was too good to pass up. Plus, the warmer Floridian weather could only be a step up from the drizzle that appeared outside her apartment.

“Time to go.” She said softly to herself. She walked casually over to the bathroom and started to undress. Heather had long brown hair, she never had to work to straighten it. It just came out that way, much to the jealousy of her two sisters. She had a thin gaunt complexion, due to her many sleepless nights as of late. She found it hard to sleep since Michael left, and had stopped fussing about the crows feet under her eyes. Dating was too much of a hassle anyway, it’s not like she needed anyone anyway. She had an incredibly slim build and never really had to work at it. Regardless of how much she would eat Heather rarely gained much weight that actually stayed on. She was a taller girl too, something that also made finding a man harder. Not that she really cared but some guys were insecure about it and always made an issue of it. She took a shower, feeling the warm water on her skin. And felt herself wake up a bit. She yawned one last time and started to apply some soap.

Chapter 2: The owner

“Yeah, I hear that. It’s chaos up north. Nobody knows what caused it.”

“No? Wasn’t it a tornado?”

“They’re thinking it was a hurricane”

So much for sleep. Thought Heather as she lay dozing off in her seat. She sat right next to two men having a conversation. She thought one of them sounded foreign, something like Australian, he had that twang in his voice. She sat on a window seat of a Boeing 747 in economy class. While the thought of complaining to her editor about not springing for business class or first class came to mind, she was effectively being paid to go on vacation. And she didn’t want to rock the boat too hard.

After enough time had passed that she felt like she couldn’t sleep regardless of how much she wanted to, Heather pulled out her laptop and got back to work researching the Lodge. There was a peculiar weirdness to all of the testimonials she was reading about. They all mentioned some “light”.

“We all saw the light”

“There is a light emanating from this place, it changed my life”

She wondered if this was a Florida thing, given how many stories they ran in the past about religious cults coming out of there. It weirded her out a little but wasn’t too out of the ordinary. At least not yet. She still took out her notebook and started writing some notes. Potential religious angle. Seems to attract weirdos. Press owner on it.

She also started reading more about the owner, Jezebel Richards. She came across some articles about how she worked as a magician, or at least a magician’s assistant. "See premier illusionist Barry Benedict and his marvelous head slicing act. It leaves the world stunned straight out of Fabulous Las Vegas." As she scrolled down in the article, she found a picture of a strait-laced young man right next to a black wooden box. And on his left was a young woman in her 20’s in what could only be described as a sexy tuxedo and a top hat.

Jezebel Richards Heather thought. She continued writing in her notes. See if she looks this good in person. Determine if she received breast implants. Heather continued her research, wanting to see the mental health angle. She saw a particular testimonial about the methodology on its website. “Faris Lodge uses innovative techniques to create lasting change in its visitors. Traditional psychotherapy is expensive and inefficient compared to truly lasting change. The complete package includes a money back guarantee.”

She continued writing. See if I can get Val’s money back after the week is up. See if owner will freak out about it in person, could play up a religious cult feel in the article. Heather decided to take another break and closed her notebook and laptop. The flight stewardess came by asking for food orders.

“I’ll take a steak” said the man next to her, the one who had what she still assumed to have an Australian accent.

“Do you have a vegetarian option?” Heather asked.

"Yes, we have a fruit salad option.” Heather was relieved, the last plane ride she went on lacked any vegetarian options.

“I’ll take that, thank you.” Heather became a vegetarian in college. Much to the incessant teasing of her ex-boyfriend Michael. It was always a sore spot for the two of them. She didn’t mind that he ate meat but he was always so argumentative about it. It was usually for health reasons as to why Heather chose to avoid it. She would usually get stomach cramps after eating various meats like beef, poultry and fish. Val had occasionally gotten her to write health articles for the website about vegetarianism since she knew a lot about it. It was probably why she was on this trip to begin with, since she had contributed a lot to the health section.

When the fruit salad came, she ate it. It was okay but a bit dry for her liking.  Still, it was better than pulling a meat patty off a cheeseburger and getting a funny look from the person sitting next to her. She wanted to continue working but after starting to feel drowsy. Heather decided to finally give into her body’s needs and fell asleep.
~~~
It was 3 in the afternoon when the Boeing 747 finally touched down just outside of Tampa, Florida. There weren’t any airports near Lake Faris so she had to take a brisk bus ride there. By the time the bus arrived just outside the Faris Lake lodge, Heather felt like she had caught up enough on sleep and was finding her focus return. She took in the sights a bit after retrieving her bag. Lake Faris was a vast lake tucked into a small valley. She spotted some boats and people jet skiing far off into the distance as the glare of the sun reflected up at her. The lodge itself was built into a hill overlooking the lake, with a narrow path leading to a beach and a boat launch. It was a multi-story hotel, surprisingly modern too. It looked like it was built within the last decade. A carved wooden sign stood out front “Lake Faris Healing Lodge”. With a graphical overhead map of the area right next to it. The Lodge had a few other buildings within walking distance. A bar named “Ricky’s” and a family style restaurant named “Rebecca’s”. There was also a swimming pool. Heather jotted these names down in her notebook and noted the peculiarity that a hotel advertising itself to heal against substance abuse would have a bar within walking distance. She shrugged it off and walked toward the lobby.

The check in counter was just as modern as the exterior. With a rounded counter and a cute receptionist who looked up at her when she walked in. “Greetings. Welcome to the Faris Lake Healing Lodge.”

They earn their tips here. Heather thought. “I have an appointment.” Heather said. Placing her passport on the counter for identification. “I’m writing a piece on Faris Lake and the Lodge. I’m a journalist.” The counter girl’s face lit up a little. “May I see the owner. Jezebel…”

“Jezebel Richards yes. She should be in her office. I’ll check and see if she’s available.” She picked up a phone and dialed. “Miss Richards? I have a journalist here who wants to interview you for a news article about the lodge…” Heather waited patiently. Setting her bag down, she took out her notebook and started writing some more notes. Place is neater than I expected. Not as many cockroaches as I thought.

“Yes… yes… alright I’ll tell her.” The counter girl put the phone down and smiled. “Miss Richards is in her office right now and she would be delighted to meet with you. It’s on this floor.” She pointed at a hallway to her right. “it’s the last door down that way. I’ll make sure your bag is looked after.” Heather thanked the counter girl and started walking.
~~~
The hallway was illuminated only by a few lights embedded in the ceiling. The red carpet blended in nicely with the beige wallpaper. Nice color coordination she thought. Wondering what an ex magician’s assistant was doing running a hotel this nice. She stopped at the last door and knocked. “Come in…” She heard from inside. Heather opened the door and walked into the office.  

Jezebel Richards didn’t look anything like her photograph did. She looked noticeably older, closer to her 60’s than the 20 something Heather previously assumed her to be. She had long white hair draped to her shoulders and wore a trim red dress. She sat behind her desk but stood up to greet Heather as she walked in. Heather noted her breast size and cleavage did match the girl in the sexy tuxedo. “I’m Jezebel Richards. A pleasure to meet with you.” She had a thick gravelly voice that sounded like it was ruined by decades of smoking. “I heard you are a journalist.”

"Yes.” Heather responded. Sitting down opposite her. “I was wondering if I could ask some questions. I’m writing an article for my organization’s health section and we want to show to our readers what a guest at your lodge receives.” Heather’s notebook was out. She was ready.

"Ah I see.” Jezebel responded. Heather noticed a burning cigarette left in an ashtray on the desk. “The Lodge is a place of healing for our guests. An alternative to traditional psychotherapy. People come from all over the world to visit. What interests you about our organization?” Heather noticed the old crone sizing her up a little. It made her feel a little uneasy.

“I was wondering what kind of people tend to visit for starters? What do they get out of the experience?” Heather maintained eye contact and a sweet demeanor as best as she could. She didn’t want to get on the owner’s bad side. At least, not yet.

“Our guests come here from all walks of life. They each arrive seeking a cure from something. Be that addiction, heartbreak, obsession. My staff and I convene and determine what program bests suits that individual and tailor the program to their needs. We have very reasonable rates.” Heather continued to write in cursive. Potential extortion of the mentally ill.

“That’s very interesting.” Heather said smiling. “I’d like to partake in this program if I could. Teach our readers from a first-person perspective what it’s like coming here.”

“Indeed.” Jezebel responded, a peculiar grin appearing on her face. “Very well. You are here on business and it would enhance our organization’s image, I’m sure. Your stay will be free of charge.”

“You’re too kind." Heather responded sweetly. Although Heather had no illusions about Val paying for everything anyway, she always did. She wrote She’s hiding something in her notes.

“You’ll benefit from the full program of course. My staff will determine what you’ll be entitled to on a daily basis, and you’ll have full access to the facilities of course. Allow me to extend a warm welcome to you on behalf of the Lodge.”

“Your offer is very generous. One last question. I was wondering if there was a potential religious component to your organization. Our readers want to know if their own personal faiths would conflict with a visit.” The old woman frowned at this.

“Absolutely not. Our approach may be a bit more… holistic. But you can be rest assured that there is no faith basis in our technique. It’s entirely above board.” Heather smiled but didn’t believe it for a second. Given all of the “saw the light” bullshit.

“Of course. May I be shown my room now?” Jezebel nodded, the smirk returning for a brief moment before disappearing. Heather stood up and shook Jezebel’s hand. Hopefully when my article comes out, she’ll be a bit less smug. Heather later wrote in her notes after being led out.
~~~
Heather kept her notebook at her side as she started to write the first draft of her article. It was now 7:07 PM according to the clock on her computer’s taskbar. She was sitting cross legged on her bed, illuminated by the dying sunset and the blue glow from her computer. At night, Heather’s demeanor changed. When she had a story worth pursuing, she was hooked on it. It was hard to give in to rest, she needed to keep working. And continue working she did until another alert appeared on her web browser. It was an instant message request from her ex boyfriend Michael. Heather’s heart leapt for a second. She clicked off her story and read it, the words “I miss you” appeared in front of her.

This wasn’t the first time Michael had tried to make up with Heather. He would occasionally send her texts complimenting an article she had written. Heather did try to ignore these messages, deciding it wasn’t worth reopening old wounds. But on this evening, in her room at the healing lodge. Heather considered responding.

He’s in a relationship. He probably wants to cheat on her. Rational thought flooded in. The memories of their experiences together also came flooding in. She felt antsy and lightheaded. “oh…” the sudden need to consume alcohol came to her. “I need a drink”. She bit her lip. She almost started to cry but stopped herself with a single thought. “The bar’s close by and I’ll decide if I should reply to him when I get back.” It seemed like a valid compromise. She got up from her bed and closed her laptop and notebook. Leaving them behind on her bedspread.

Chapter 3: Anya

Ricky’s looked a bit more run down in comparison to the hotel. It felt much closer to the tone that she expected from the Lodge. Built upon wood and brick it was only one story tall and was close by to the restaurant Rebecca’s. Heather walked in, taking in the atmosphere. There was a counter with stools, table booths, a stage off in one corner illuminated with stage lights, and a pool table. Heather walked over to the counter, noticing a bar back was busy unloading cases of beer he must’ve retrieved from the basement.

“What’s your poison?” The bartender asked. He was a younger male with darker skin and a thick bushy beard. He was busy cleaning the taps as she approached.

“What do you have in a wine?” She didn’t typically drink beer or spirits it was usually too much for her.

“We have Vermouth, Merlot, Chardonnay, and the house special”. He had walked over to a rack of wine bottles on his side of the counter. He pulled one bottle from the rack and read its title. “Pinot Grigio, the lodge owner’s favorite.” Heather thought for a moment back to the conversation she had with Jezebel but dismissed it.

“I’ll take it.” The bartender pulled a wine glass out and started to pour. It was a pale white liquid that he filled halfway. “What is there to do around here?” Heather asked the bartender. She sipped from the glass, finding it a bit bland for her taste.

“Well.” The bartender returned the bottle to the rack. “There’s the lake of course, and the restaurant. The hotel runs events regularly, seem to be tailored to each guest that arrives. We also have activities here.” He pointed to the pool table and the stage. Heather continued to drink. Eying the other patrons with a vacant glance. Her mind was still on Michael and his message.

“We breaking?”

“I will do it.”

Heather’s attention was quickly drawn to the pool table, she heard another foreign accent. This time Russian sounding, a woman’s. It was deep and she seemed to speak English fluently. At the pool table were two figures, a man and a woman. Her attention was drawn to the woman. She had long black hair and a thin ragged face. With sunken eyes and a chiselled jawline. She was built similarly to Heather, a thin build with a tall height. And she was wearing a black tank top and camo pants. She wore dark round glasses that rested on the bridge of her nose. The woman placed the white billiard ball on the bottle green felt of the table and angled her pool cue at the triangle of balls opposite it. She held her cue behind her back, something Heather didn’t commonly see with pool players.

“Watch this” Her accent sounded her Ws as if they were Vs. Like ‘vatch. She enunciated surprisingly well Heather noticed. She hit the white ball and it collided with the triangle of balls in the center. Sending them all flying in various directions.

“You gotta be kidding me” The man said.

“Re-rack them if you would.” She said smiling. She pulled the black 8 ball from a pocket near her. Heather assumed that meant she won. The man put his pool cue down and turned around.

“Nah. I gotta jet” he said.

“I thought you were a real man.” She said laughing as he walked away. Heather watched as the dark-haired woman started to re-rack the balls herself.

“I’ll play” Heather said walking over. She met the Russian woman’s gaze. Heather grabbed a pool cue from the wall next to her. The Russian woman studied her for a few seconds then broke the silence.

“I am Anya, what is your name?” The lack of contractions was an amusing immigrant trait Heather picked up on.

“Heather.” She responded.

“Very well. Let us see if you can keep up.” Anya hit the white ball toward the center, sending the balls flying in all directions. It was Heather’s turn and she shot a striped ball into a hole immediately.

“I know how to play” Heather responded curtly. “And I play to win”.
~~~
The Lodge had 12 floors but there was an extra floor not many people were aware of, unless you physically counted the windows. It didn’t show up on the elevator control panel, instead requiring a key being inserted to access. Jezebel rode the elevator from her office on the ground floor all the way up to the hidden 6th floor. She stepped out and spotted her computer expert Theo at his desk.

“Where is she?” She asked. In front of Theo were an array of monitors displaying various security cameras. One trained on the entrance, several in the restaurant and bar and one observing the swimming pool.

“Ricky’s, at the pool table. She’s playing Anya right now. Not playing half bad either.” Theo was Asian and wore his head in a ponytail, with a long neatly trimmed goatee and glasses. He was typing rapidly on the keyboard in-front of him. “How much alcohol has she had?” He said into his headset.

“Just two glasses.” A voice on the other end belonging to the bartender, Quinton.

“Serve her another, say it’s on the house.” He typed some more again. “Lance. Are you in?”

“I’m in. How much time we got?” Another voice, this one gruffer and older sounded over his headset.

“Maybe an hour. What do you see there? Boss wants a notebook.” Theo responded. Still eying the monitor with the pool table displayed.

“I see one on the bed. That it? What color is it supposed to be?” Jezebel walked over and took a spare headset from Theo’s desk.

“It has yellow paper. Get it up here I want to know what she wrote.” Jezebel was trained on the other monitor. Her hand gripped a wooden necklace around her neck. It had a green gemstone in the center of it she fumbled with in her hand.

“Got it boss” He responded. Lance closed the door behind him and approached the elevator. Riding it to the hidden 6th floor. When he arrived, Jezebel was pacing back and forth still fiddling with her necklace.

“What does it say Lance? I want to know what she wrote down.” It was rare to see Jezebel this stressed out, she was nicknamed the “silent dictator” by the staff.

“Well, lemme see.” Lance was an older man in his 60s. White hair and a bushy mustache. Dressed in blue denim overalls. He seemingly came with the hotel when Jezebel acquired it. He was cooperative when the management shifted and he did as he was told. He never asked questions. “Your name is written in here a few times. I see a bunch of other names.”

“Skip those. What else?” Jezebel replied curtly.

Lance turned the page. “Here she’s written “Potential religious angle. Seems to attract weirdos. Press owner on it”. What does that mean boss?” Jezebel laughed to herself and stopped pacing.

“Explains things. What else.”

Lance turned the page again. “See if she looks this good in person. Determine if she received breast implants.” Theo laughed, only cut short when Jezebel shot him a glare.

“What else?” She said, her hand thumbing the amulet again.

“Let me see here… “could play up a religious cult feel in the article.”

“I knew it.” She said, her voice almost trembling. “She’s a tabloid journalist. She’s here to print an article about the Lodge and smear lies about it.”

“Some more of this checks out with that theory boss. There’s some more stuff in here. “Potential extortion of the mentally ill.” “She’s hiding something”. “

Jezebel walked over to Lance and grabbed the notebook. “She’s not wrong on that last point. We need to do something about her right now before she digs too deeply and finds out more about this place.”

“Do you think that’s likely? Didn’t you comp her stay?” Theo asked, looking up from his monitor.

“I didn’t get this far by waiting for the vultures to swoop in and take everything away from me.” Jezebel flipped through Heather’s notes. Landing on the last page, spotting what Heather wrote at the bottom. “Hopefully when my article comes out, she’ll be a bit less smug.” Jezebel read out.

“Dang boss she’s got it out for you.” Lance said. “What are you going to do about her? Give her the ‘push?”

Jezebel gave the notebook back to Lance and played with her amulet again. Her mind reeling from what she read. “The ‘push is too generous for her. This calls for something more elaborate.” Jezebel turned around and looked at Theo. “Who’s winning?”

“Journalist lady. She’s pretty good boss.” Theo said. His typing had stopped he was just watching the two women play. “She’s about to win.”

“Perfect.” Jezebel responded. A plan formulating. She gave the notebook back to Lance. “Put this back where you found it. You’ve earned an extra day off.” Lance nodded and turned around, walking back to the elevator. Jezebel walked over to a filing cabinet by the wall and pulled out a list of files.

“Dearest Anya. Why did you arrive at the Lodge again…”?

“Boss wasn’t she the one into fat people?” Theo asked, a somewhat disgusted expression on his face.

“Yes, she did let that slip, after the ‘push.” Jezebel said. She pulled out Anya’s file and saw her interview answers.

“Anya Volkov, age 34. Alcoholic. Lives on her own. That was all I got from her until I used the ‘push”. She fingered her amulet again. “Mother left her as a young child. Went to stay with her uncle in America at the age of 12. Experienced sexual abuse. Says she is only attracted to morbidly obese people. Doesn’t know how to cope or make friends. Saw the Lodge advertised on TV.” Jezebel’s plan was making her more and more excited now. “Where is she now Theo?”

“Walking back.”

“Is Lance out of her room yet?” A voice on her headset replied to her question almost immediately.

“Yes boss.” Lance replied.

“Good… good…” Jezebel purred. She put Anya’s file back into the filing cabinet and closed it. “Theo make sure Delacroix is posted out front tomorrow. Send our little journalist there as an activity. Make sure she’s in my office tomorrow morning so I can fill her in on what we’re doing.” Jezebel walked back over to Theo’s area, spotting Heather on the monitors. A smile growing on her face. “Let’s see how smug you’ll be soon, my little vulture.”

Chapter 4: Wanda Waddle

“Mmm so you can play” Anya said to Heather. She smiled as her opponent pocketed the 8 ball finally.

“You bet” Heather replied, smirking.

“I must get you a drink.” Anya replied. Heather noticed a bottle of whiskey nearby, wondering how much she must’ve had. “And you must tell me about your stay here. I want to know more about my opponent.”

Heather had no illusions about what she was here for, she didn’t make friends on a job. But at the same time, Anya was a lodge resident and could be used to extract information. Heather smiled and responded. “Could we perhaps do this again tomorrow? I’m really tired and need a little shut-eye.”

“Of course.” Anya did a little bow before her. “We shall meet again.”

Heather walked back to her room, a little tipsy off the 3 glasses of wine she was served. When she got back, she didn’t notice her notebook was facing a different direction than she left it. She opened it and started to write some more notes.

“Met a girl named Anya. Can use her to find out more about Jezebel and her methods. Getting real dyke vibes, so play up the best friend angle.” Facebook was still open, and she elected to ignore Michael’s message. At least for now. The alarm clock on her desk read 12:07. She set an alarm for 6 AM and headed straight for bed.
~~~
At dawn Heather was up. Her notebook in hand she walked over to the coffee machine in her hotel room and turned it on. After rummaging around she found a filter in a drawer and some arabica coffee beans nearby. She checked Facebook while she waited for her coffee to brew. Michael hadn’t sent any messages since the other night, and his profile still listed his status as in a relationship. She didn’t know why she kept thinking about him. She dismissed the thought and chose to focus on her workout. After drinking her coffee, she set out. Heather used to workout every day at dawn with Michael but since the breakup she had been neglecting it. That was all to change today. Val had sent her on a vacation to the tropics, so she was going to make the most of it. The cool Florida breeze felt nice as she started to jog. She went down a trail that looped around the lodge’s hill. By the time she made it back she was pumped up and full of energy.

At 9 AM Heather received a phone call on the hotel phone line. She picked it up and was greeted by a male voice. “Hello, is this Heather?”

“Yes, this is she” Heather replied. She lifted the yellow landline phone and carried it over to the bed while she listened.

“The first day of your program has started. For your first activity please meet our staff member Melanie Delacroix in-front of the lobby.” Heather wrote the name down in her notebook.

“Sure alright”. Heather got dressed out of her gym clothes and took a shower. Before walking out of her room to the lobby, she made sure to bring her notebook along just in-case she wanted to make notes about the experience. Once she made it outside Heather spotted a mousy looking short girl with brown hair and large square trimmed glasses sitting next to a painting canvas setup on an easel.

“Hello Heather.” She said as she walked by. Heather looked over at the easel and then back at her.

“Hi, is your name Melanie? What’s this?” She asked pointing at it.

“This is the first step of your program. It’s customary of course.” She motioned to a stool that was hoisted on wheels. “We sketch a portrait of a guest.” Heather noticed a series of charcoal pencils on the easel right in-front of her.

Definitely a cult. She thought. “Alrighty. Would you mind if I ask you questions while you work?”

“Of course not, ask away.” Melanie replied smiling broadly. As soon as Heather sat down, she wasted no time getting to work.

“How long have you worked for Miss Richards?” Heather asked, trying to avoid moving.

“About a year, she found me fresh out of art school. She told me about this new hotel she was setting up and asked me to draw portraits of guests.” Melanie was quite a pro Heather noticed, she was using a long metal ruler and making visual measurements as she was working.

Play this up as stalking behavior. Heather wrote down in her notebook. “And you do this with everybody?”

Melanie was good at maintaining eye contact up until this point but for a brief second she looked away. “Uh-yeah everybody” She responded. Heather kept her facial expression relatively neutral but noted the discrepancy. Heather sat still for half an hour before Melanie finally announced. “Done”. She had a triumphant expression on her face. Heather stood up and walked over to see her handiwork.

Melanie had drawn an almost photo-realistic portrait of Heather using charcoal. It perfectly captured her face and how her hair fell by her shoulders. “Whoa you’re really good” Heather said in excitement. “Where’d you learn to do that?”

“You know what they say, you learn more out of school than while you’re still there.” Melanie giggled a little before putting her pencils away. “That’s all for now. The front desk will call when they have another program for you to do.” Heather watched as Melanie packed up her gear and walked away with the easel and canvas.

This place is so bizarre. Heather thought to herself before turning around and seeing Anya watching her. She was wearing the black round sunglasses from the previous day. “Mmm she did a good job no?” Heather smiled. She did have the slightest pride in her appearance although she didn’t consider herself vain. “Would you like to visit the lake with me? I know of a place you may like.” Heather nodded, figuring she could get more information out of Anya about how her program was going and what it exactly entailed.
~~~
At approximately 3 pm the elevator doors of the hidden 6th floor opened and Lance stepped out. And he wasn’t alone. “This is it we’re almost there.” Lance said.

Lance was accompanied by a mountain of a woman. She was extremely fat, easily reaching the weight where a scale built for cows would be necessary to approximate just how much. She was ginger with bright red hair that went down well past her shoulders. With a freckled pale face. She was bottom heavy with tree trunk thighs and a rear end that stuck out a foot behind her. With a large ample belly that rested comfortably on top of her pelvis covering her privates. She waddled as she walked, every part of her bounced and jiggled as she moved. A loud creaking sound accompanied her every step in her flat toed shoes. Her feet had large thick cankles that looked fleshy and escaped from her massive XXXL capris pants.

“Where’s the first victim?” She had a loud voice, one that seemingly boomed out of her wide mouth. Her large face was accompanied by a thick fleshy neck with multiple chins that bobbed as she spoke. Her crooked teeth surrounded a large fleshy tongue.

“This way.” Lance said soothingly. He walked her past Theo’s desk over to a side room, where Jezebel Richards was standing. She was admiring the sketch portrait Melanie had produced earlier that morning.

“You have done beautifully dear.” She said to her. The room they were in was surrounded by other similar canvasses with charcoal drawings. “It’ll look so good put up in here with all of the others.” Melanie nodded as she started to mount the canvas on the wall. Just then Lance walked in with the woman.

“Here she is Miss Richards.” Lance said. Doing a slight bow before walking back out of the room. The woman laughed when she saw Jezebel. Her laugh was loud, coming straight from the belly. It also reverberated like a horse neighing as she finished laughing.

“Well it’s not every day I do a woman.” She looked around the room. “Wow. You do all of these?” Jezebel’s expression changed to one of utter contempt.

“No, she did” She motioned to Melanie as she mounted the picture of Heather.”

“Wow” She said dumbfounded as she looked. “Man, she’s talented, and such a young age.” Jezebel fixed her gaze on the woman.

“What’s your name again? Wendy? Wanda?” She asked, walking around the woman slowly. Her hand gripping the wooden amulet around her neck.

“Wanda. My stage name is Wanda Waddle of course.” She laughed her hoarse neighing laugh again. “This is a nice hotel too. You got a bed you want to do this at?”

“Mmm. What services do you provide?” Jezebel towered over the comparatively short Wanda, who only stood at around 5’2” tall.

“Well uh, the standard going rate for a face sitting is 200$. Of course, if you want to just cuddle that’s closer to 50$. Is it just you or are you going to throw the pretty one too?” She motioned to Melanie who looked absolutely disgusted at the obese woman.

“No thanks.” She said, returning to mounting the picture.

“Tell me a little about yourself Wanda. Did you graduate high school?” Jezebel asked coldly. Her hand gripping the amulet.

“What is this?” Wanda asked, a hint of anger in her voice. “What’s all of this about. I thought we were doing a cuddle session.” Jezebel’s expression turned stern. The green gemstone in her amulet began to glow. As soon as it did the irises of her eyes also began to glow as she fixed her gaze on Wanda.

A bright light flashed within Wanda's vision. Her expression turned completely blank as her gaze was fixed on Jezebel’s. She had stopped blinking and her mouth was left open. “Uh…” She mustered as she continued to look in her eyes.

“I said. Did you graduate high school?” Jezebel asked sternly. Melanie had never seen her boss use the ‘push before. She had only heard about it from Theo in the past, about why one shouldn’t get on the boss’s bad side.

“I didn’t”. Wanda responded. Her voice lacked the same jovial tone it did before, now it just sounded distant and out to lunch.

“Great…” Jezebel said smiling. “What does your diet consist of?” She asked, walking closer. Wanda’s gaze still trained directly on her.

“Cheeseburgers, fried chicken, I really like potatoes and gravy.” Jezebel watched as the obese woman’s mouth started to water. Indicating she had accidentally made her hungry.

“Where do your sexual preferences lie? What do you like to do with a sexual partner?” Jezebel asked.

“Mmm. I like women. Especially nice thin women like her.” Wanda motioned her head in Melanie’s direction. Jezebel laughed when she said this. “I like it when an itty-bitty girl tries to feed me dinner.” Wanda’s mouth had started to mimic the movements of chewing, indicating Jezebel had caused her to relive a memory. While still training her gaze on Wanda, Jezebel motioned to Melanie.

“Get some scissors and cut her hair.” Melanie was horrified at what was going on, watching the mesmerized obese woman looking up at Jezebel completely powerless to resist. She ran around her and made her way to Theo’s desk where she found a pair of scissors. She returned and walked over to her.

“How much should I cut off?” Melanie asked, not wanting to look directly at her boss’s eyes just in-case the magic somehow started to affect her. She also didn’t feel comfortable standing next to this smelly pig of a woman for longer than she needed to.

“Just a lock of her hair please.” Melanie cut away a long strand of Wanda’s curly hair. She walked back to the corner of the room she was in making sure to still avoid Jezebel’s gaze. Jezebel walked closer to Wanda, almost within kissing distance.

“Repeat after me. You will forget why you came here. You will take a bus waiting for you outside the hotel, and never return.” Her voice had a deep echo to it, like she was talking in a wind tunnel. Blood had started to run from Jezebel’s nose.

“I will forget why I came here. I will take a bus waiting for me outside the hotel, and never return.” Wanda responded in a monotone voice. Jezebel smirked and immediately let go of the amulet. The light went out in the gemstone and she felt a sudden headache overtake her. Jezebel slumped to the ground; the wind having been knocked out of her.

“Ugh, what happened?” Wanda asked, completely dumbfounded. She was weary and yawned. “Why did I come here?”

“There’s a bus waiting for you outside… it’s the last one you should go catch it. The elevator’s that way.” Melanie said pointing to the elevator across from the room they were in. Wanda nodded.

“Yeah that’s a good idea. Thanks dearie.” Wanda started laughing again, her loud obnoxious neighing laugh. She turned around and waddled out of the room. Melanie walked over to Jezebel and helped her to a standing position.

“Boss, what the hell was that?” Melanie asked. She was still horrified by what she saw. Jezebel grabbed the lock of hair from her palm. She wiped the blood from her nose using her free hand.

“That was the ‘push. And now I have what I need. We must start immediately.” She walked noticeably slower holding her temples with her free hand.

“Start what? What are you talking about?” Melanie didn’t get an answer. Jezebel walked out of the room without her.

Chapter 5: Thaumaturgy

Anya’s spot was a narrow beach covered by a layer of tree canopy. The shade sent a pattern of tree branches and leaves all over the sand. The place was quiet and there was seemingly nobody in sight. The lake was calm that day, and they were practically invisible to the rest of civilization.

“I like to come here when I am alone.” Anya said. Sitting down on the beach in-front of the water. “This place reminds me of where I grew up.”

“In Russia?” Heather asked. She didn’t know much of Anya’s backstory.

“No. In Oregon.” Heather sat down next to Anya, taking in the view of the lake. “I moved to America when I was quite young.” Heather was still impressed by how well Anya enunciated. Despite the harsh sounds of her voice she came in quite clear.

“And yet, you still have an accent?” Heather asked inquisitively. Her notebook was closed for now, this was off the record.

“Yes. I still know my language.” She smiled. Her harsh features looking particularly wolfish in the shade. “My mother tongue.” Anya leaned back on both hands and looked up. “Where do you call home?”

Heather was amused at how peculiarly the question was phrased. “I don’t really have one. My parents forced me to move out when I just became an adult.” Anya looked over, noticing for the first time Heather was relatively honest and unguarded. “When I met my ex-boyfriend, I thought my life was solved. Like I didn’t have to worry anymore. And all it led to was my life becoming more stressful and complicated.” Heather didn’t normally open up to strangers. Anya’s weirdness was strangely comforting to her. She didn’t feel like she needed to be on-guard around her. Michael was still on her mind and she felt like letting it out.

“What was he like?” She asked curiously. “I have not had much luck with men. They always seem so timid around me. And I hate how they do not like me for what I am.”

“What you are?” Heather asked curiously, her interest piqued. Anya’s expression changed to one of embarrassment.

“What was he like?” Anya sounded more on guard, unwilling to budge.

“His name was Michael.” Heather said. “We lived together for two years.” Heather hadn’t really told this story to anyone in great detail, most people didn’t really care enough to hear about it. “When it started, he was perfect. We would know how to begin and end each other’s jokes…”

“Ah, I know the feeling. When a person completes you. Like you are no longer a wanderer.” Anya’s sage-like perspective was weird but Heather continued.

“We would do everything together. When he wanted something, I was at his beck and call, about to give up my life for him. I was even thinking of settling down and leaving my job for him.” Heather hadn’t told anyone that last detail before. It didn’t even become conscious to her really until she said it. Her job did stress her out sometimes and did feel like it was more trouble than it was worth. Despite being so challenging and rewarding.

“Mmm” Anya purred. She started sitting closer to Heather. “What went wrong with him? This Michael. He seems like a good guy.” There was some concern in Anya’s voice. Heather wasn’t used to feeling concern from someone else.

“Well. Eventually it felt like he stopped caring. Like I would go days without seeing him, and he was perfectly fine with that. He stopped asking me to do things with him. He was always too busy.” The last part was something that bothered Heather a lot. She had forgotten she only came down to the beach to interrogate Anya about Jezebel. “I wondered what changed. Did I change him? Was he always like that and I didn’t notice? And eventually.... he just leaves…” Heather trailed off, her sentence left hanging. Anya’s face turned to concern.

“He just leaves? Left where?” Anya asked.

“He took his things and left. He wouldn’t tell me where. He stopped looking me in the eye, he just said I’m going. He took most of our stuff along with him.” Heather wasn’t maintaining eye contact anymore she was just looking down. “And I kind of wanted him to go. I thought I was better off alone and without anyone. Like maybe Michael was a fantasy I created in my head. A fantasy of a perfect life. A life that I will never have.” There was a pause before Anya broke the silence.

“And then you came here? Because of this Michael?” Heather was immediately reminded of Jezebel and why she arrived to Faris lake.

“Well kind of. I came for a vacation.” Heather wasn’t looking Anya in the eye, although the concern in Anya’s face didn’t leave. Anya went for a hug around Heather’s shoulders. Heather didn’t really reciprocate the hug; she wasn’t a touchy person. That wasn’t going to change regardless of how nice Anya was being. Heather kept her emotions inward, away from people. After what seemed like seconds Anya let go and sat back.

“I am sorry. I feel for you zaika” Heather’s eyebrow perked up at the Russian word.

“What does that mean?” She asked curiously. Her mood had picked up.

“It is a Russian word, for bunny. My mother used to say “Anya, you must eat your vegetables zaika.”” There was a sudden sadness in Anya’s voice. “I miss her. So, I like calling people zaika. Nobody here in America seems to understand. And that is okay. It makes me feel like she is with me still.” She turned her head and stared at the lake. Heather felt a little touched and a little guilty over wanting to interrogate Anya now. She decided against opening her notebook and asking about Jezebel. There will be time to do that later. She thought.

“This is a nice place. What do you do here usually?” Heather asked. Looking around the canopy.

“Well. Occasionally I lure a kitten here and we have fun.” Anya laughed a little.

“Fun? What does that mean?” Heather asked curiously. Anya got up and walked over to a bush. Where she pulled out a hidden bottle of whiskey.

“We sing and we dance. And we have fun. Do you like to have fun zaika?” She asked, walking over.

“It’s a bit early in the day to go drinking Anya. But sure. I like to have fun.” Anya laughed in response.

“Come. We shall go to the restaurant. I want to see you eat.” Anya said this accidentally but Heather didn’t pick up on the subtle sexual connotation in Anya's words. Anya returned the whiskey bottle to the bush, and Heather followed her away from the beach.
~~~
Jezebel was starting to scare the rest of the staff. She was barking orders like a slave driver. “Delacroix. Did you get the ingredients?” She said angrily at Melanie.

“Yeah just about.” Melanie had been given peculiar instructions, it read like a laundry list of cake ingredients. Sugar, salt, flour, baking soda. It also contained some weird things like turpentine and aloe vera. She didn’t reveal to her boss that the kitchen was out of sugar so she substituted it with sweet and low from a nearby coffee machine. She figured the boss wouldn’t notice the difference. “What’s this all for?”

“Don’t ask questions.” She barked at her. “Theo, where is she?” She asked. Theo was on break when Wanda arrived, probably well timed. He was similarly scared of the ‘push like Melanie was. He was sitting at his desk watching the monitors.

“She’s been hanging with Anya, I lost them when they went to the lake. But they’re going to Rebecca’s right now.” He was typing repeatedly, switching between different monitors.

“Good… good…” Everything was going so far according to plan. “Has Lance brought the ciper?”

“Yeah he brought your dolly.” He said sarcastically rolling his eyes. On Theo’s desk was a stuffed Raggedy Ann looking doll. With straw-like red hair wearing a blue dress. “I don’t know what stroller he must’ve nabbed it from this time.”

“Lance has a way with women, especially mothers.” Jezebel said. “He has his uses. Has he gotten her hair?”

“He’s getting it now. There was some in her shower catch. He also found some on a comb in her bathroom.” Jezebel smiled approvingly.

“Excellent. I’ll make sure to reward him appropriately. We will be ready to begin.” Jezebel walked over to Theo’s desk and grabbed the doll.

“Begin? Begin what?” Melanie asked, concern raising in her voice. Theo looked away as Jezebel turned to face her.

“Begin the spell.” She said. “The curse.” She walked over to another room close by. This one was filled with cubicles, complete with computers sitting on them. The 6th floor used to be an office administration area before Jezebel had Lance gut it. Now it mostly lay unused, except in circumstances such as this. In the middle of the room was a circular table with a wooden bowl sitting on-top of it.

“Curse? What curse? What are you talking about?” Melanie asked. She anticipated some kind of rebuke from Jezebel like “don’t ask questions” but this time she actually answered her question.

“What you saw me do before was a basic power. My old mentor Barry referred to it as a “cantrip”. What we are about to do is something else entirely.” She placed the doll in the bowl and motioned to Melanie to bring her the ingredients. “Thaumaturgy.”

“What’s that?” She asked. Melanie was confused.

“Thaumaturgy is a magical spell. It requires a physical component, called a cipher. It requires some living component. In this case, hair.” She motioned to the clump of Wanda’s hair that was now sitting on the table. “And it requires an incantation from a witch. After that, the spell takes shape.”

“What does this spell do?” Melanie asked. She placed the ingredients on the table and watched as Jezebel poured them in equal amounts into the bowl.

“Do you remember Delacroix? When I found you, you knew absolutely nothing about art.” Melanie winced at this. She didn’t feel like it was true, but there was some truth to what she said. She did almost flunk out of art school. “And what did I do for you?”

“You… cast a spell on me…” She responded slowly. Looking down.

“Yes. I placed a curse on you. There are positive curses, and there are negative curses. In that case, I transferred the talent from your teacher to you. And in exchange…”

“I work for you”. Melanie said. A bitter tone emerged in her voice.

“Precisely dear.” She said smiling. “Now that was a positive curse, it transformed you into an artist with 30 years of experience.” Jezebel moved the head of the doll in the bowl so it faced forward. “This is a negative curse. Same principle, different result.”

“What do you mean?” Melanie asked.

“What we are about to do. Is take certain attributes from that woman who you saw, and give them to our journalist friend. This curse is rather complicated…” Jezebel looked away for a second. “And to confess, I do not fully understand it myself. But the idea is simple.” At that moment Lance walked in, carrying a clump of hair he had neatly assembled in his hand.

“Here you go boss.” Lance said. He walked over and handed it to Jezebel.

“Good work.” She said smiling. Melanie looked at Lance and thought to herself. Is he going to do a flip for her too?

“Now Delacroix. This curse works thusly.” Jezebel took the hair taken from Heather’s room and began tying strands of it together in small knots. “We take the hair from our journalist. And we place it on the ciper. In this case, the doll that Lance has brought for us. This tells the spell who to target. Then we place our subject’s hair, in this case the woman you briefly met in this mixture I am creating. Once I say the incantation. The spell will take effect.” Jezebel placed a circlet of hair around the neck of the red headed doll.

“But what does it do exactly?” Melanie asked impatiently.

“Once the spell has taken effect our journalist will begin to change. A transformation will occur. It begins mentally. Wants and desires are replaced. Interests and hobbies begin to change. Eventually the change becomes physical. Hair color changes, body size too. Eventually the subject becomes an almost exact replica.”

“Almost?” Melanie asked. She was skeptical.

“Well…” Jezebel paused. “Some things don’t transfer over. One’s identity remains the same. The purer the mixture, the purer the result.” Jezebel placed some of Wanda’s hair into the white gunky mixture. It sank inside and disappeared from view. Melanie noticed that she tucked the rest of it into a pocket on her dress but paid it no mind. “We are all ready to begin the incantation.”

“How long does it take to take effect?” Melanie asked. Looking crossly at the doll sitting in the bowl.

“The first changes begin immediately. However, the overall change is gradual. It normally takes a week to complete. Hopefully, we’ll notice some of the changes on the monitor.” Jezebel pushed a button on her headset. “Is she in the restaurant still? With Anya?”

“Yup. They’re talking about you right now.” Jezebel laughed a little.

“I bet they are. The journalist has a mouth on her.” She looked back down at her mixture. “They’ll have a lot more to talk about soon.” Jezebel grabbed at her necklace and closed her eyes. Lance had since left the room. Melanie wondered why but in an instant, she felt something.

Jezebel moved her hands directly over the bowl. And started speaking. “Shemhamforash.” Melanie’s hair stood on end. She felt the sudden feeling of static electricity surrounding her. The lights in the room suddenly went out.

“Jantar” Jezebel’s voice sounded deeper. Like the words weren’t coming out of her mouth, but from someone else entirely. Melanie saw the computer monitors in the cubicles around the room started to light up. Displaying green text and random numbers.

“Anigeron. Barcara. Pankot. Shabbat.” Melanie watched as the bowl started to glow. The mixture inside of it started to bubble like it was boiling. It turned a murky dark brown color and had the consistency of gravy.

“Burgess… Califa.” The doll began to shake like it was having a seizure. The hair around its neck started to glow red. Melanie recognized the color as matching Wanda’s hair. The doll continued to convulse and shake profusely. Why doesn't she end it? Melanie thought to herself. Almost as if sensing her desire, Jezebel said the final word.

“Mikulushka” Jezebel gasped before collapsing to the ground. Melanie felt the feeling of being surrounded by static electricity leave her. In another second, the lights came on in the room. The monitors went blank.

“Boss? Boss?” Melanie asked. Walking over to Jezebel. She was kneeling on the ground. Her hands gripping both of her temples tightly. Melanie saw that the brown mixture in the bowl had stopped bubbling. But the hair did not stop glowing red. “Did it work boss”?

“It should have.” Melanie saw Jezebel’s nose started to bleed again. She also looked different, somehow… older. Which was weird since she already looked really old. But something was different, like she was wearier and more fragile. “Let’s check.” Melanie helped Jezebel to her feet, and accompanied her out of the room.

Chapter 6: Pain

Rebecca’s was a small family style restaurant close to both the hotel and Ricky’s bar. It was also built into the side of the hill the lodge was facing, and earlier that morning Heather had jogged past it. But this was the first time she went inside. Anya opened the door, holding it open for Heather. Once they were inside, they were immediately greeted by a waitress.

“How can I help ya?” She asked. She was an older woman, in her 50’s at least. With dark brown hair and a plump build. The name Linda appeared on her nametag.

“A table” Anya said. “For us two.” Anya pointed to she and Heather.

“Would you like a booth? Or a seat in the lounge?” The lounge appeared to the left of the entrance, a dimly lit assortment of tables and chairs. Further to the right was a section containing table booths. Anya looked to Heather and shrugged.

“Which one Zaika?” She asked. Heather noticed she hadn’t taken off her sunglasses, which felt peculiar this time of night.

“Mmm you pick. Surprise me.” Heather said. Anya grinned enthusiastically. She turned back to the waitress.

“I shall pick one of the tables on the right.” Motioning to where the booths where. Linda grabbed several menus and led them to a table. The booths were all setup on one side, back to back. Each lit by a series of lights suspended from the ceiling. There was nobody else sitting on the right side of the restaurant, which at the very least relaxed Heather. Peace and quiet would be nice note taking time and she had to catch up on interviewing Anya for the article. They both sat down opposite each other. Heather noticed the ladies bathroom further along down the hall along with the kitchen.

“Have you been here before?” Heather asked as she sat down, gazing down at the menu. “What do you usually get?”

“Mmm what do you usually get?” Anya asked. She was giving her a look; her elbow was rested on the table and she relaxed her head on her hand. It reminded Heather of the look a woman would give in an older movie like Casablanca.

“I usually get a salad. I’m a vegetarian.” She said. Opening the menu and immediately going to the back, where the vegetarian options usually were in a dive like this. She spotted the copious amount of beer options and burger choices. Down at the bottom were two salads, a basic garden salad and a Caesar. I’ll pick Caesar, what the hell. Heather thought to herself. She tended to avoid Caesar salad because the dressing was usually too fattening. But she figured due to her workout she could cheat a little.

“Hah. Eat your vegetables Zaika.” While Anya did laugh Heather noticed she looked away. She didn’t pick up on the masked disappointment and just figured that Anya was being weird as usual.

“Can I start you off with a drink order? Or are you ready to order?” Linda returned with a notepad, addressing the two women in the booth.

“Just a water please. And a Caesar salad.” Heather replied, folding the menu.

“Hmm…” Anya said. “I need a little more time to pick.” Anya had only just opened her menu.

“I’ll return with your order.” Linda said, taking Heather’s menu. Heather looked around the restaurant some more. Aside from the dim lighting there were all sorts of decorations. Ranging from street signs, pseudo renaissance paintings, car tires and the mounted head of a moose on one wall. Heather shifted her focus back to her notebook, remembering she had to ask Anya about Jezebel.

“So… Anya.” Heather asked. Anya looked up from her menu. “Did you meet the owner of the lodge when you arrived.”

“Oh yeah.” Anya responded. She was smiling. “I think her name was Isabel? Isabella? Did you notice the size of her tits?” Heather laughed at this.

“I did yes.” Heather wondered if Anya was also curious if Jezebel had gotten breast implants.

“She asked me into her office when I arrived.” Anya said. “Asked me what I came down for. Said the program could help me with some issues I have been having.” Heather wondered if this had anything to do with the whiskey Anya hid in the bush near the beach.

Anya then paused, remembering something. “Then something weird happened. I saw a… light.” Heather was immediately alarmed at this.

“A light? What do you mean?” Heather asked, her notebook was open on the seat next to her.

“Like the sun was in my eye. I couldn’t see very well… I don’t remember what we talked about after that…” Anya furrowed her brow and took off her sunglasses. She rubbed her eyes with her forefingers and Heather noticed they were slightly bloodshot. Is she drunk? Heather thought.

“What do you think that was? I remember some of the promotions were describing a light.” Heather asked. She was writing all of this down, wondering if it was related to Jezebel’s history as a magician.

“I am… unsure”. Anya said. Still rubbing her eyes. “After that she accepted into the program. She said I would find what I was looking for and then let me go."

“And that’s it!?!” Heather asked. “Did that girl out front draw you too?” She asked. Her pen was moving a mile a minute.

“N… no… what is this all about Zaika?” Anya asked confused.

“I-I’m writing an article about the hotel.” Heather said. “And I just noticed your experience was different than mine.” Anya looked at her crossly.

“Hmm… well… why did they draw you out front?” Anya asked. “Did you pay extra?” Heather wondered about that herself, the entire thing was weirding her out. Once I get out of here, I’m sending my first draft to Val. She’s gonna freak. Heather thought to herself. Adrenaline and excitement filled her.
~~~
At that very same moment on the 6th floor of the lodge, Jezebel said the word “Shemhamforash”. Heather felt a bizarre tingling sensation, like all of the hair on her body was standing on end. She dismissed it and thought it was just excitement and closed her notebook.

“Anyway. What are you ordering Anya?” Then she felt something else.

“Well I…” Anya looked up at Heather and witnessed her start to double over in pain. There was a sharp stabbing pain in her stomach.

“Ack.” Heather cried out. “It hurts so much.” She screamed. It felt like her stomach was a volcano, like someone had filled it with kerosene and lit a match. Anya flagged over a waitress.

“Where is the toilet?” Anya cried out. She lifted Heather by the arm and helped her up. Heather was having difficulty walking. “Please Zaika we must go.” Heather was shivering, her hair was still on end. Anya led her toward the bathroom and said. “I will wait outside.” She said. Heather stumbled into the bathroom and was greeted with a dimly lit tiled room, with just a single toilet stall and a sink.

I’m not going to make it. Heather’s thoughts filled with apocalyptic notions. I don’t want to die. I don’t want to die. Please God I don’t want to die. She opened the stall door. Her stomach was still on fire and the pain still wouldn’t stop. She collapsed in front of the toilet and profusely vomited into it. Most of her vomit landed on the seat and dribbled down the side. Please. Make the pain stop. I’ll do anything.

“BURGESS CALIFA” Heather heard a shouting voice in her head. She started to shake like she was having a seizure. Her body convulsed on the floor as she couldn’t control herself. She tried her hardest to roll into a fetal position in desperation. Still feeling the need to vomit again.
~~~
As suddenly as it came… the pain stopped. Heather stopped shaking. The pain in her abdomen left her. Thank you… She thought to herself. Thank you God for stopping the pain. She thought to herself. She lay on the cold linoleum floor for a few more minutes before awkwardly getting up into a sitting position. She wiped the vomit from the side of her mouth. Heather’s breathing was heavy and she was sweating. She was completely terrified.

“What happened?” She said to herself. Her words echoed in the room around her. But there was no answer. She gripped the toilet seat and got herself up to her feet. She did her best to clean up the rest of the vomit off the toilet seat and flushed it. Then she slowly walked over to the sink. Something was off about Heather’s reflection. She couldn’t put her finger on it. Before when Heather would look at herself in the mirror, she would always do the same look. She would open her eyes and smile just a little. She would also neurotically readjust her hair the same way every time she looked in a mirror. This time however she didn’t. She felt it hard to look at her reflection. Like it gave her a sense of anxiety she had never felt before about her reflection.

“What is wrong about how I look?” Heather asked. She turned on the sink and splashed water in her face. But the feeling didn’t disappear. It just felt so difficult to look at her face, like something was wrong with it. Heather stood there for a few more minutes before deciding she was probably in shock over what just happened. I need to get a grip. She thought.

“Are you alright Zaika?” Heather turned around and saw Anya there. A sense of concern spread over her face. Her sunglasses were still gone.

“Y-yeah.” Heather mumbled. “I think so.” Heather’s demeanor had changed subtly. She wasn’t looking Anya in the eyes, there was a weird sense of intimidation she felt looking at her. Anya was even more concerned.

“Let us return to the table. You need something to eat.” Anya walked over and grabbed Heather by the hand. Heather felt a little uncomfortable but walked with Anya back to the table.

Heather’s salad and glass of water had arrived in their absence. Anya helped Heather to her seat and sat down across from her again. “Eat.” Anya said. The concern she had before hadn’t left. Heather readjusted herself and grabbed her fork. She still wasn’t looking Anya in the eyes very well. She skewered a piece of lettuce with her fork and placed it in her mouth. Heather sat with the piece of lettuce in her mouth but something was off about it. The texture of it was revolting, she chewed on it for a few seconds but found it hard to swallow it. Something about it was prompting her to gag. She grabbed her napkin and took it out of her mouth. “Are you alright?” Anya asked again. Heather didn’t answer. She tried eating another but the same strange taste kept blocking her from swallowing. It tasted so…

Bland. Heather thought. At that moment a rumble from her stomach sounded. It coincided with a weird convulsion that was simultaneously also painful. Heather reached for her water and began gulping it before stopping. Something felt wrong about it as well.

Where’s the fizz? She thought to herself. Wait… where did that come from? What fizz? Confusion filled her mind. Normally her thoughts weren't so random and impulsive.

“Are you alright?” Anya asked for the third time. Heather still didn’t answer, only gazing down. Her stomach grumbled again, this time more audibly.

“I… I’m hungry…” She said slowly. “…I don’t want this… it doesn’t taste good…” Anya spun her menu around and gave it back to Heather.

“Maybe order something else. You’re so skinny Zaika you need your strength.” Heather smiled her. She did feel like she needed her strength back. She looked at the menu briefly before her eyes gazed at a photograph on the side. Ralph’s bigger bacon burger. It was a cheeseburger with two patties, bacon and mushrooms with melted cheese coming off of the side. Heather looked at it, a sense of longing stirring deep inside of her.

“Mmm” Her thighs started to twitch and she felt a weird sensation in her privates. She crossed her legs and gripped the leather of the seat.

“Can I get you something?” Linda had returned to the booth, she was talking to Anya but almost immediately Heather spoke.

“Can I get that?” Heather asked. Pointing to the picture. Her hand was still gripping the leather of the seat tightly while her thighs slowly rubbed together.

“Sure dear.” Linda said. She wrote down the order on the notepad in her hand.

“And…” Heather flipped the menu to the drinks section. In an instant she felt a sense of longing as she spotted it. “I want that.” She pointed to a Pepsi logo.

“Sure, I’ll get you some” Linda said. “What about yourself?” She asked Anya.

“Uh…” Anya was very confused. She merely stared at Heather dumbfounded. “I need time to think.” Linda seemingly understood her confusion implicitly and left the menu back where it was. Heather was still rubbing her thighs together and gripping the seat. Anya just looked at her. Heather started to bite her lip and rock back and forth.

“Are you… horny?” She asked slowly. Anya didn’t really know any other words for what she was seeing.

“I… don’t know…” Heather said, still rocking back and forth. Her stomach was still grumbling and she felt a general tightness in her abdomen. She had never felt this way before it was so weird and alien to her. After what seemed like an eternity. Heather’s food arrived. Linda produced the burger on a plate, complete with potato wedge shaped fries and coleslaw. Heather immediately released her grip on the seat and shoved the burger in her mouth. The meaty fluids dripped from her chin and spilled all over her clothes as she ate. The taste put her in a sense of euphoric bliss. She couldn’t stop stuffing her face with it.

“Chew a little more Zaika. You are eating too fast.” Anya said. She was looking at Heather in a different way now, the concern left her face. Her eyes had opened up and she was now leaning forwards. Her hands on her knees. She was deeply focused on what Heather was doing. Heather didn’t stop until she was finished. Her hands were covered in juices from the meat, which seemingly didn’t concern her at all. She wiped her hands on her pants and went for the glass of Pepsi in front of her. Drinking it as fast as possible. This had been the first time Heather drank Pepsi since… elementary school at least.

Mmm fizz… she thought. The sugary beverage tasted so good to her, she continued to drink with impunity until her cup was completely empty. Anya was in a stunned silence as Heather switched to her fries. Leaning closer and closer. Heather grabbed at her fries and began shoving them into her mouth. Her stomach grumbled still, she wanted more. When she had placed the last fry in her mouth, Heather felt reality start to return to her. As if she was waking up from a daze or a trance. She found it almost impossible to control herself when she was eating.

“How was it?” Anya asked. Heather didn’t answer her. Her hands were filthy again and she was rubbing them on her pants.

“I… liked it” Heather said slowly. This was the first time Heather could remember eating food like this. Her stomach didn’t turn over like it normally did when she ate meat. On the contrary it seemed only satiated now. Not full, just not in the mood to complain either. She grabbed one of her napkins and rubbed her mouth.

“W-would you like to go somewhere?” Anya asked. She was normally quite self-assured but now she was stuttering a little. “Back to you… your room?” Anya’s hands were buried in her crotch, similarly to how Heather was before. Her legs were crossed underneath the table.

Before Jezebel’s spell took action, the only plans Heather had that evening were writing her article. But now, that seemed like a very uninteresting task to her. She looked at Anya biting her lip and nodded just a little.

“Sure let’s go.” Heather motioned to Linda the waitress as she walked by. “Can we get a bill?”

“I will get it.” Anya said. She stood up. “Tell me your room number. I will meet you there. I need to get some things first.” Anya put on her glasses. She wouldn’t stop staring at Heather. Heather was oblivious to how obsessively Anya watched her pig out.

“Sure alright.” Heather didn’t seem to pick up on the oddity that Anya hadn’t ordered anything and was now asking if she could visit her privately in her room. Forgetting that they had just met the other night. That seemed like a far away concern to her right now. She wrote down her room number on a scrap of notebook paper and gave it to her. Heather left the restaurant leaving Anya with the bill.

When I initially started to write this story I didn't expect I'd go in this direction with it. When I wrote the character of Melanie Delacroix I only intended for her to draw Heather. But then I started really enjoying her back and forth with Jezebel so much I wanted to have her create more conflict and make the B plot more interesting. And I found a reason to re-introduce Wanda into the story in a non-contrived way. I hope you guys enjoy the twists and turns I'm taking with the plot and where I'm going with the story.

Chapter 7: Fake Sugar

Heather collapsed on her bed in a heap. She felt disorientated and confused. What is happening to me? She thought to herself. Her thoughts were racing and her heart was beating a mile a minute. She rolled over on her back, noticing her clothes were dirty. She had dried grease stains all over her shirt and pants.

“Shit.” She sighed and pulled her pants down. She wiggled out of her shirt next and threw them both in a corner of the room on the floor. She lay on the bed in her underwear for a few minutes just processing what had happened in the restaurant.

Why did I need to vomit? Am I sick? Did Michael give me an STD? She rolled off of the bed and walked into her bathroom. Heather’s reflection was still giving her a strange feeling, like she didn’t enjoy looking at herself. Her stomach stuck out just a little from the deluge of food she had eaten. She rubbed her tight belly for a few seconds. Mmm that did feel good. She thought to herself. Thinking back to when she was eating. The taste of the meat still lingered in her mouth and she felt tempted to lick her fingers to try and taste more of the grease that might still be on there. She almost put them in her mouth before snapping out of it.

“No… no…” She grabbed the sides of the bathroom counter and stood there. Trying to clear her mind. “You’re a college graduate. You don’t act like a child. You…” Heather felt a grumbling in her abdomen. Only this time it came from her intestines. She scrunched her face tightly in fear and expected to vomit again. She gripped the sides of the counter even tighter, and then a loud blast of flatulence escaped her ass.

“Ohh God…” Heather felt the pain she had before leave her in an instant. Waves of pleasure reverberated throughout her body. She let go of the counter and stood there for a few moments. Trying to look at her reflection but still failing to maintain eye contact with herself for longer than a few seconds before looking away. “Maybe… I should wear some makeup…” Heather said. The idea crossed her mind. She didn’t normally wear makeup it was always itchy on her skin, and Michael never pressed the issue. She remembered that she forgot to take any on her trip and groaned a little.

Maybe Anya has some… She thought to herself. Remembering that Anya was probably still coming to her hotel room later. She said she had to get some things, but didn’t specify what she was talking about. After a few more moments she walked out of her bathroom and returned to the bed.

Heather kept some light blue pajamas nearby from the other night and slowly changed into them. Before lying back down, this time on her stomach. She lay there for a good few minutes. Taking in the silent sounds of the room around her. From the radiator off in the corner, to the sound of a seagull flying over the lake off in the distance. She felt her body relax and reflexively she started moving her legs in a crouching position. “Oh…” Heather felt strange in this position, with her ass in the air. She bit her lip and felt the familiar tightness return in her privates. She was starting to feel horny. She felt a strong instinct to take her pajamas off and twerk.

She slipped her pajama pants down and started thrusting her thighs up and down, feeling more and more horny in the process. Mmm this feels so good. She started to touch herself and grab at her ass. She smacked it and felt herself getting even more aroused. Mmm it could stand to jiggle a bit more… she thought to herself. Heather kept thrusting her ass for a few more minutes before she got tired and fell down. She kept touching herself, faster this time. She felt so horny that she couldn’t stop. Images of eating the burger filled her mind, feeling her stomach get fuller, feeling more bloated. A story was forming in her head of Anya reaching over the table and shoving the burger in her mouth. The contents spilling all over her face. She wanted to feel powerless to resist. She wanted to feel like a fatty.

“Mmm, I’m a fatty.” She said. Before the sharp feeling of an orgasm filled her. Heather slowed down and felt tiredness grip her, as she lay there for a few more minutes on her bed. She didn’t bother to put her pants or underwear back on. She wanted to just lay there. Her thoughts swimming in a sea of nostalgic images of the meal she just had. It tasted so good. She thought. Licking her lips. Her stomach lost its previous tightness now and felt emptier now. She fantasized about going back to Rebecca's and ordering another. And another...

“With Anya…” She whispered to herself. Thinking back to how Anya stared at her while she ate. Her focused look on her, like that of a wolf looking at a sheep. She thought of how pretty Anya’s eyes looked. How her black hair sort of glowed under the lights at the restaurant. She thought about how good it might feel to make out with Anya. Maybe she would consider feeding her, if she pouted and asked nicely. She lay there, her mind swimming with these thoughts until she heard a knock at her door.

“Housekeeping”. She heard Anya’s harsh accent. Heather’s heart started to race and she pulled her pants up immediately. She jumped off the bed and said “I’m coming.” Before running to the door.
~~~
Theo, Melanie and Jezebel watched on the monitor as Heather stuffed her face. Melanie even had to turn her head and look away as it was happening due to how messy it looked.

“Why did you do this? Why is she doing that?” Melanie asked. “Why would you punish someone like that?”

Jezebel turned her gaze from the monitor and looked over. “When you have the power to do this… you want every excuse to use it.” She looked back, savoring every moment of it. “She had it coming to her. And I want to make her suffer. To one day live in agony. To live in a body she feels trapped in, that she cannot escape from. To walk in a public place and watch as people stare at her. To be endlessly gossiped about. I want every human being on this planet to treat her like she was about to treat me.” Jezebel’s back had straightened and some of her strength had returned. She had since wiped the blood from her nose. “And you haven’t seen anything yet Delacroix.”

“No, you really haven’t.” Theo said. He wasn’t looking at the monitor, he was instead fiddling with some of the pencils on his desk. “Day 1 is just mental changes. We haven’t seen her physically change yet.”

“No not yet.” Jezebel said smiling. She was so giddy and pleased with herself. “But we will.” Jezebel kept watching the monitors until Heather and Anya went their separate ways. Then she turned around and walked back into the room with cubicles. She did an excited twirl as she walked, humming to herself as she did. She walked back over to the bowl before noticing something weird about it.

“Theo. Theo come over here.” She called over to him. Theo grumbled to himself and got up. Then he shuffled over to the room.

“What?” He said. A hint of frustration in his voice. Theo really didn’t enjoy watching Jezebel’s need for revenge amplified through his monitors. He secretly regretted accepting his job at the hotel given all he had seen. But he was too scared to leave and didn’t know what his boss would do to him if he did.

“Is it supposed to look like that?” Jezebel pointed at the contents of the bowl. The brown liquid had turned transparent, she could see the bottom of the bowl and Wanda’s hair simmering on the bottom.

“Doesn’t it do that at the end of the week? I remember the old owner's was like a stew for days. Then it started looking like water at the end.” Theo was staring at the brown goop in the bowl intently wondering if he answered correctly.

“Yes… that’s right…” Jezebel said slowly. She had performed this curse 4 times now and it always stayed viscous until the last day. It only turned transparent when the spell wore off. Why would it wear off? Jezebel thought to herself. I only just cast it.

“Delacroix?” Jezebel called to her employee. The mousy haired girl walked over. Jezebel clutched her amulet reflexively. “What ingredients did you give me?”

Melanie froze. Remembering that she hadn’t used real sugar and substituted it with sweet and low from the coffee machine. “J-just what you asked for.” Melanie said. She looked down, away from her boss.

“What did you get? Answer me.” She said. Raising her voice. She was getting angrier. Melanie watched as she turned around and tightly gripped her amulet. Shit please no don’t do that. She thought immediately.

“Salt. Flour. Baking Soda. Turpentine. Some Aloe Vera…” She stopped, still trying to avoid eye contact as best as possible with Jezebel. She wasn’t having it. Jezebel walked over and grabbed her by the jaw.

“What else!?! Tell me or else!” She was now shouting at her.

“Sweet and low. I didn’t have any sugar. I thought you were baking a cake or something. You didn’t tell me you were going to be the Wicked Witch of the West and cast a fucking spell on some girl for snubbing you.” Jezebel’s face turned to rage. She let go of Melanie and slapped her, knocking her to the floor.

“SWEET AND LOW? SWEET AND LOW? YOU BROUGHT ME FAKE SUGAR? DID YOU RELISH IN YOUR LIFE AS A FAKE ARTIST THAT YOU GAVE ME FAKE SUGAR TOO!?!” She was shouting at the top of her lungs at Melanie. Theo had backed away from his boss by this point, he was watching from behind a cubicle hoping she didn’t turn her rage on him next.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know it was that important.” Melanie pleaded with her. She was terrified now as to what might happen to her.

“Delacroix you ruined everything. Without proper sugar the spell will wear off. When the spell wears off, Heather the journalist returns to normal immediately. When that happens, she will realize what just happened. She will most likely contact whoever she works for and leave. And they’ll send more of those vultures here. I will never see the end of them. We will never be left alone by them.” Jezebel was hysterical. She was pacing back and forth turning her head left and right from the bowl to Melanie. "The pen is mightier than the sword. We had a good thing going here, I would use the 'push and tell these people to stop gorging themselves on fast food. And they'd open their wallets and give me their money. And you ruined that."

“Can’t you just pour some sugar in now? Say the words again?” Melanie asked.

“No, it doesn’t work that way you stupid girl.” She spat at her. “Once the incantation is said, the spell is cast.” She looked back over to the bowl. “At this rate by tomorrow the spell will have worn off and our vulture will try to run away.”

“Can’t you do something?” Melanie pleaded. Any empathy she felt before for Heather was gone now. She wanted to save herself now. She didn’t care if it meant shoving food down her throat by hand at this point.

“…Yes there is.” She said slowly. “I can augment the spell. But it requires more ingredients, and more hair.” She pulled out the hair from her dress pocket. “I kept this just in-case I might want to use it. As punishment.”

“Punishment? Like on who?” Melanie asked, she froze as she looked at the clump of Wanda’s hair in her Boss’s hand.

“On you Delacroix. On you. I didn’t expect you to screw up this fast but by Christ. You did. And now I will need to punish you for it, and get you to finish the job.” Melanie started to cry. She ran over to her boss and knelt before her. Grabbing at her knees in desperation.

“Please. Please don’t punish me like that. Please. I don’t want to become that woman. She was so fat, she smelled like a gym sock. She looked at me like a piece of meat. Please don’t do this boss. I’ll do anything.” She sobbed uncontrollably.

“Let go of me you foolish girl.” Jezebel snapped at her. Kicking her over. “I’m not going to turn you into her.”

Melanie sighed with relief. She felt the stress leave her body. She started to get up. “Then… what are you going to do?” She asked.

“Turning you into her wouldn’t teach you enough of a lesson. I don’t need a fat lazy employee who stuffs her face and doesn't know her ass from her elbow.” She turned Wanda’s hair over in her hands. “No, I think I’ll do something else. I’ll make you suffer even more, and give you a little more added motivation to follow my orders.” She looked over at Theo cowering behind the cubicle.

“Theo get Lance, we’ll need another bowl. And some more ingredients. Get real sugar this time.” She looked at Melanie. “Are you going to cut your hair? Or will I need to force you to?” She grabbed at her medallion and stared at her.

“B-but… what are you going to do?” Melanie asked. She was shaking and she started to cry again.

“It’s simple dear. I’ll make you fall in-love with this woman.” She held up the hair again. “This… Wanda Waddle. I’ll replace your sexual preference with this woman, exclusively.” Melanie's expression turned to one of horror. “You will then collect more hair from her so we can repeat this spell. Lord knows if we might have to do it a few more times at this rate to get it to stick. It might take longer than a week now.” She smirked at her. “And that’ll mean you’ll get to spend more time with her, and appreciate her like no-one else ever will.” Melanie started to sob uncontrollably as Jezebel cackled.

40 minutes ago, WaxerRed said:

I like it! Definitely feels like a unique one and it left me wanting more. 

Thanks homie. This story is all I want to work on now when I get home from work. I'm averaging a chapter a day right now, and I hope to keep working on it at this pace until I reach its ending. 

Feedback is really appreciated, either positive or negative. I want to make the story as good as possible for you guys. 

Here we go, what you were all waiting for.

Chapter 8: The Predator and her Prey

Anya was wearing a black long-sleeved shirt and a matching black skirt. With long black stockings that ended in a pair of open toed shoes. She was wearing her black round sunglasses, and wore black lipstick to match. “May I come in?" Her voice took a softer tone, she opened her eyes and made a pouty face to her would-be host. Heather saw from behind Anya, was a metal cart that she recognized in use by the housekeeping staff.

“What’s that?” Heather asked, pointing at it.

“Hush zaika.” She said. Her finger touched Heather’s lips. Heather shivered when she did. “There will be time for talk. We have all night…” Heather stepped back as Anya walked in, she pulled the cart inside the hotel room with her. She closed the door behind her. Anya then locked the door behind her. “We would not want any visitors.” She said softly before turning around.

“W-what did you want again?” Heather asked. She had started walking backwards, eventually her feet collided with the bed and she sat on top of it. She did this absolutely no grace. Anya gave her a look and smiled. Heather watched as Anya slipped out of her shoes and stood on the carpet with just her stocking covered feet.

“A little of this. And a little of that.” She said. Her normally harsh accent now took on a different tone to Heather’s ears. She spoke with a softness that she never thought her capable of before. On the beach Anya was loud and crass, and hid liquor in a bush for impromptu parties. Now she was soft, collected, and in control. “Do you remember what you asked me… before…” She said.

“What do you mean?” Heather asked. She had now crossed her legs. Her heart was beating rapidly.

“I said they do not like me for what I am. And you asked me what I was…” She was walking now, closer and closer to the bed. She seemed to blend into the shadows of the furniture around the hotel room, her dark shadow and silhouette becoming one.

“Y-yes.” Heather stuttered. Her heart was still beating. What is she doing? Heather thought to herself.

“Well… I am here to do just that.” She was now up close to Heather. Within arms length. “I am here to show you what I am… and to show you what you are…” She said.

“What are you? What am I?” Heather asked. Anya put her finger to Heather’s mouth again and shushed.

“Let me show you zaika.” Anya lifted her finger and kissed Heather on the lips. Heather’s privates started to tighten again, she whimpered softly. Anya smiled. She took her sunglasses off and placed them on Heather’s bedside table. She sat down next to her on the bed. Heather felt smaller somehow compared to Anya, despite them being roughly the same height… or were they? There was something off about their heights now, Heather couldn’t put her finger on it.

“How does it feel… when I do this?” She asked softly. She placed her hand between Heather’s crotch. Heather shivered again and whimpered. She didn’t answer, she didn’t know what to say. Anya moved her head to Heather’s ear and started whispering. “Do you want this?”

“Y-yes.” She mumbled out. Not entirely sure what she was saying. Anya removed her hand from Heather’s crotch. She grabbed her around the waist, pulling her in closely. She started to kiss her. Heather didn’t know how to react to this, she had never kissed passionately by a woman before. Anya started to reach underneath her pajamas, her mouth not leaving hers. Heather felt her breasts being fondled by Anya, her cold bony hands massaging them. She whimpered again. Thinking back to how long it had been since someone had given her attention like this. She didn’t know how much she wanted it until now.

“Do you like what you are zaika?” she whispered into her ear. She started to pull down Heather’s pajama pants. “When we first met, I thought of you like I think of myself. But in the restaurant. I realized I was wrong. You are not like me at all.”

“What am I then?” Heather asked. She didn’t resist as Anya pulled her pants off, leaving her panties on.

“You are not a predator. You are prey. You do not hunt. You want to be taken care of by someone strong.” She motioned her head toward the cart. “But your body is wrong. It is lean. Like that of a hawk. I will change that for you.” She got up and walked back over to the cart, wheeling it closer. Heather saw now it was covered in platters of food. She felt the tightness return. Oh god yes please Anya. She thought.

“I will take care of you, cure you of this affliction you have given yourself. And give you the body you want.” She uncovered one of the dishes. Revealing another Ralph’s bigger burger from Rebecca’s. And tucked away on the cart was a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi. “Do you want this?” She asked, the harshness in her voice returned suddenly. It made Heather feel unsettled and a little frightened.

Please shove it down my throat Anya. She thought. “I’m hungry again Anya, I need you to feed me.” She said. Anya smiled, looking down at Heather.

“Very well my zaika…” Anya rolled up her sleeves before grabbing the plate. Heather lied down on the bed, her heart thudding even harder in her chest. Is she going to do it? Oh why does this feel so hot all of the sudden. Why do I want this Russian woman to feed me like a fucking cow? Why do I want to have a belly the size of a balloon? The thoughts kept swimming in the sea of her head. Anya sat down before Heather and lifted the burger in her hand. Heather opened her mouth and Anya slowly inserted it into her mouth. Heather squirmed as she was being fed. She felt so aroused and completely at Anya’s mercy. She started reaching for her crotch again, she wanted to touch herself.

“Mmm zaika. There will be time for that. Let me feed you first and rub your tummy.” She lifted up Heather’s shirt above her breasts. The juices of the burger began spilling down on her chest. Heather didn’t bother to react to this. She liked it. She wanted to feel like a pig being fed by her master.

“Mmmph.” She moaned as Anya continued pushing the burger into her mouth. It tasted even better than it did before. Her stomach was still grumbling. It wanted more. It wasn’t enough. When the burger ended, she grabbed Anya’s sleeve.

“I want more.” She said.

“Call me your Goddess and beg me for it.” She responded. The harshness in her voice returning. This wasn’t demure Anya, the one who pouted at the door. This was Anya Volkov. The wolf.

“Please Goddess. Please give me more. I want you to feed me until I burst. Until I can’t walk.” There was nothing else Heather wanted now. She did not care about anything else. Her job felt like a distant concern, a memory of a past life. One that no longer belonged to her. All she wanted was Anya to feed her. Anya removed the cap from the 2 liter bottle of Pepsi and started pouring it down Heather’s throat. She felt her stomach rise from the amount of food and liquids being pumped into it on a steady basis. Heather choked and sputtered, the liquid spilled over the sides of her face as it traveled down her throat. Anya eventually relented, allowing Heather to breath again. She gasped and coughed, before the sharp pain she felt in the bathroom returned. Oh no. She thought. Before she scrunched up her face, and farted again. “Oh my god.” She said.

Anya laughed. “You really are an animal.” Heather giggled a little. She took a weird perverse pleasure in what she just did. Anya reached for the fries, and Heather obediently opened her mouth to receive them.
~~~
“Where is Lance?” Jezebel shrieked at Theo. He was back at his desk watching the monitors.

“He went over to Rebecca’s to get sugar. He said the kitchens were out.” Theo was trying to be as non-confrontational with his words as possible. He didn’t want Jezebel to turn on him next.

“Make sure he gets here fast I don’t want anymore screw ups.” She called over. Jezebel was standing in-front of Melanie, who was now sitting down in a chair. She was still crying into her hands. Jezebel was holding onto a pair of scissors.

“Will you cut your hair? Or will I force you to do it?” She asked. Melanie looked up, tears still running down her face, it was beet red. She had long since taken off her glasses and only looked up at Jezebel with blurred vision.

“I… I will do it…” She struggled to say. She started to stare at the scissors in Jezebel’s hands. Please don’t do this. Please. She thought. Praying it was a joke. Praying that Jezebel didn’t have the power to actually do this. Praying that it was all just a dream. That it wasn’t real. Then Jezebel placed the scissors in her hand. And she knew that she didn’t have a choice now. She lifted the scissors to her head and cut a narrow lock of hair from her scalp. Melanie always had short hair; it was sort of a bob. So, it now looked a tad lopsided now that it had been crudely cut.

“Do you want to watch this?” Jezebel asked. Taking the lock of hair and scissors back. “I can put you to sleep. You won’t have to witness it.” Jezebel’s voice had changed. There was a strange sorrowful tone to it. Like she started to feel sorry for her now.

“No… I want to see it.” Melanie said. She didn’t want to sleep. Something was stirring in her. When she looked up at her boss, all she felt was a cold hatred. For what she was about to do, and for what she did to others. Melanie knew that the only reason Jezebel was doing this, was because she could. Because deep down it gave her a perverse pleasure to control others like this.

Lance returned with a bowl and a stack of ingredients. Melanie watched as he wheeled over a cart from the kitchens containing all of the supplies. Jezebel placed Wanda’s hair within the bowl and started pouring sugar into it. “This is a simpler curse. It does not require something to hold the ciper. It simply requires a concoction, what I am creating right now.” She poured the turpentine and aloe vera in. “What I was taught about love spells is it doesn’t actually create love. It creates an eternal sense of longing for the person. When you gaze upon Wanda for the first time. You won’t feel love.”

“I won’t?” Melanie asked.

“No… you’ll feel an intense desire to be her slave. It’s a pity this enormous woman is getting this gift I am granting her. I should have done this to you before, just with my own hair instead.” Melanie felt a perverse sense of relief at that comment. In the grand scheme of things, it did feel better to be Wanda’s eternal servant than Jezebel’s.

After Jezebel was done. She moved her hand over the bowl and started to speak. “Lothar von pat” The strange tingling sensation Melanie felt before came back. Almost like an electrical current was surrounding her.

“Jantar” She said. The voice didn’t come from Jezebel’s mouth, it sounded deeper like someone else was saying it. “Shemhamforash. Lothar von pat.” The liquid started to bubble. It didn’t turn dark brown like the other did. Instead it turned a strange purple hue like it was made of candy. Jezebel dropped Melanie’s hair into the mixture, and immediately she felt something. A strong feeling of pain in her abdomen.

“It hurts.” She screamed. A burning feeling stirred in Melanie’s privates. She reached down into her pants and tried desperately to massage her clitoris but to no avail.

“Vilka Nothar Moratania.” Melanie felt the burning stop. The electrical current around her ceased. She felt herself drenched in sweat. She trembled and sat there. She took her hand out of her pants and stared at the floor.

“Theo. Send Delacroix one of her videos.” Jezebel said.

“One of Wanda’s?” He said. “They cost 15 bucks a pop.”

“Given what she’s been through. I think she’s earned a present.” Jezebel laughed. Melanie looked up, a look of seething rage on her face. She didn’t feel any different, but knew better than to doubt the effectiveness of Jezebel’s magic.

“Off you go Delacroix. I’ll expect to see you in my office tomorrow.” She motioned to the elevator. “You have a big day ahead of you, you best not screw it up.” Melanie got up and walked to the elevator. She didn’t look at anyone. Her hair was a mess and she still wasn’t wearing her glasses. She rode the elevator down to her floor and made it back to her room. When she arrived. She reached for the lamp on her table and smashed it against a wall.

“I’ll teach that old bitch that she fucked with the wrong person. I’ll destroy her. I’ll make her wish she was fucking dead.” She shouted. Melanie’s cell phone vibrated in her pocket. She took it out and saw it was a text message from Theo. It was titled "Wanda-Waddle-Weekly-Weigh-in.mp4." Melanie stared at the thumbnail of the video for a few moments, and put her glasses back on.

14 minutes ago, >_< 0_0 said:

I didn't notice this was up! Eight chapters already? Let me read them brb

I write a chapter a day until I'm done. I have to otherwise I'll procrastinate. It helps I wrote a complete plot outline beforehand, otherwise I'd be lost.

Speaking of which new chapter will be uploaded l8er tonight. I also invested in Grammarly recently so expect some less repetitive phrases.

Chapter 9: A pause between bites

“Mmph Mmph,” Heather was chewing as fast as possible as Anya fed her. Her stomach kept growling louder and louder. It demanded more and wouldn’t take no for an answer.

“You are like a fish to water,” Anya said. She ran out of fries to stuff into Heather’s mouth. She reached out and began to stroke her stomach. “You have such a good appetite.” It felt so good to have her belly rubbed, especially after a big meal. Heather moaned a little, closing her eyes.

“I have always wanted a skinny girl like you to feed. I rarely come across someone so… committed.”

“What do you mean?” Heather asked.

“I… do not make friends easily…” Anya said. “They begin to like me and show interest in me. But I open up to them about my… tastes, and they dislike them. They seek to change me. They tell me it is wrong to want to feed someone. And they refuse to take part in it. And eventually… they leave…” Anya looked away from Heather for a moment. Heather opened her eyes and looked at her. She was reminded of Michael again, of how he left without telling her why.

“I know what you mean,” Heather said. “I… didn’t know I wanted this…” Heather said slowly. “Before today, I had never wanted someone to feed me. I always felt… disposable to people in my life. Like I could be replaced at any moment.” Heather had never consciously put these thoughts into her mind, but she did feel this way before Jezebel’s spell. Wanda’s feeder fetish stirred something deep within her. They had both experienced loss and were both together now despite that.

Anya lay down next to Heather. She nuzzled her head slowly. “I am so grateful to have met you, zaika. When I came here, I thought I would be left alone by everyone I tried to befriend. When I am alone for long… I start to drink…” Anya looked up to the metal cart, and Heather followed her gaze, she saw a whiskey bottle there she didn’t notice before.

“I brought that. I thought you would turn me away at the door. I thought you would say, “Go away, Anya, you freak.” She held Heather tightly, reaching around her exposed tummy. “But instead, you let Anya in and wanted her to take care of you.” Heather stared at Anya's face. There was sorrow in her eyes. Heather understood how hard it must have been to open up like this. She reached over and kissed Anya. They kissed for a long time before Heather spoke.

“Take care of me, Anya. I’m still hungry.” Anya smiled and got up. She walked back over to the cart and began pulling out plates. The first was mashed potatoes and gravy. Heather sat up, her back facing the headboard of the bed. Her exposed belly now stuck out over her panties, it turned her on. Mmm, it could be so much bigger. She thought. Anya dug the fork into the mashed potatoes, and Heather obediently opened her mouth to receive the first bite.
~~~
Melanie sat down on her bed, ignoring her broken lamp on the ground. The rage she felt toward Jezebel had left her, there was now only terror.

“No… no… no… I can’t…” Melanie was starting to get turned on. It was subtle at first; she saw in the thumbnail Wanda’s naked form. Her bloated thighs pressed together, with her stomach resting on top of them. The image wasn’t leaving her mind, and it gnawed at her psyche.

That disgusting pig. Why do people pay money to see her? She’s the size of a forklift. Melanie resisted the temptation to watch the video Theo had sent her. She resented how dutifully he followed Jezebel’s orders.

“I’m not doing it. I won’t do it.” Melanie tried to reassure herself. Tomorrow she was going to walk into Jezebel’s office and resign. And get as far away from the Lodge as possible. She would. Absolutely.

Why does she eat so much? Doesn’t she know she’s a fat ass? Sits around all day, gorging on fast food… Melanie bit her lip a little. The image of thumbnail flashed in her mind again. She imagined Wanda in her underwear sitting down, eating a cheeseburger. Her fat jiggling as she savored the flavor of her meal.

Melanie started to imagine what it would be like to touch Wanda’s ass. Would it smell any different than the rest of her? She smelled like she didn’t shower that day… Her mind flashed back to when she cut her hair. It felt so soft to the touch, and she was so close to her too. What would it have felt like to reach under her shirt and touch her stomach? To pull her pants down and press her head against her ass?

Melanie stuffed her hand into her pants, and she started to moan at the thought of Wanda. There was something so right about letting go like this. Her body wanted to do this so badly. Her previous feelings of doubt slowly left her. She opened her phone and pressed play on the video.

“Hey, every one it’s Wanda Waddle. I’m here to bring you another weigh-in. I’ve been gaining pretty steadily since Thanksgiving, and I wanted to show all of you my progress.” Wanda was standing in what looked like a bedroom. She was clothed now, and a flexible tape measure was in her hand. Melanie watched as Wanda proceeded to take off her clothes with great difficulty, and gasped when she saw her ass.

“Mmph.” She moaned and began to masturbate. A fantasy started to form in her head in vivid detail.

“I remember you, the pretty one who made all the fancy drawings.” Melanie was standing in Wanda’s bedroom. “You must be lost, what does a pretty young thing like you want with little old me?” Wanda’s loud voice was music to her ears.

“There isn’t anything little about you,” Melanie said. She walked over to her. “I was wondering if I could apply to be your new seat.” She knelt, gazing up at her.

“You’re a brave girl, let’s see if you can handle it.” Wanda pulled her pants down, exposing her panties. Her gigantic ass lowered itself over her, quickly enveloping her head.

“Mmph,” Melanie moaned some more. She wasn’t looking at her phone now. Her fantasy now consumed every fiber of her being.

“Get ready for a surprise,” Wanda said. Melanie knew what that meant. She eagerly accepted it. Wanda scrunched her face and farted.

“Oh, god.” Melanie orgasmed. Her body shook as she climaxed thoroughly. She lay there panting, unable to move.

“That’s all for today, my lovelies.” Wanda laughed. “See you guys again next week.” The video on her phone stopped. Melanie sat still for several more minutes, her mind swam with thoughts.

“Mmm, and I get to see her in person tomorrow…” Melanie bit her lip again. It didn’t take long for her to pass out.
~~~
Heather awoke at half past 1 in the afternoon. It was the first time she slept in since grade school, and the first time she had slept more than 8 hours for as long as she could remember. She usually saw sleep as a chore, something she just did because she had to. Not this morning though. Anya continued to feed her until both of them passed out. She felt very relaxed and lazy as she awoke. Anya was fast asleep next to her, and Heather inched herself away from the blankets to avoid rousing her. She was successful and walked to the bathroom. She flicked on the lights and saw her reflection.

Heather had gained weight in her sleep. Her pajama top was now tight her torso, with the sleeves only coming up to her elbows. Her stomach poked out from underneath her shirt, it didn’t seem to lose any of the mass from the other night. Her previously toned thighs were now much chunkier. Her stance had seemingly widened; it felt weird to walk the way she used to. Her panties were also giving her a wedgie. Unbeknownst to her, Heather had gained 40 pounds the previous night. She was now the fattest she had ever been. There were other smaller differences. Heather’s hair color was noticeably lighter, and her face was becoming paler. When she went to brush her teeth, they were noticeably more crooked.

Heather’s mind was having trouble processing these changes. For some reason, it didn’t register a lot of this as out of the ordinary. Wasn't I always a redhead? She didn’t remember going to the dentist, not for a long time. Plus, she was a growing girl, and there was nothing wrong with a little belly or an ass that stuck out. Mmm, I wonder how much bigger I’ll get. She thought. Looking at her stomach was turning her on.

Anya was up now. She gazed up at Heather and gave her a look, noticing her weight gain. “Mmm zaika, you put on some weight.” Heather nodded, lying down next to her. “I’m starting to outgrow my pajamas. I might not have any clothes that fit at this point.” She said. “You want to go shopping?” Almost on cue, her stomach grumbled. It demanded breakfast.

“We have a big day ahead of us. Let’s go.” Anya said.

Chapter 10: A growing girl

Heather did thankfully pack some looser clothes in her bag. She got out of her pajama top, noticing it was still stained from the feeding Anya had given her. She slipped on a t-shirt that fit snuggly. It was loose in the sleeves, but the front was tight around her stomach. She put on a pair of track pants that had a hard time covering the crack of her ass. To top it all off, her panties were still giving her a wedgie. Anya helped Heather get dressed and put all of the empty plates back onto the cart.

“I took this from outside the kitchens. I will bring it back just in case the maid comes in.”

“You don’t wanna go for round 2?” Heather asked coyly. She pouted, looking up at her. Heather was now shorter than Anya. Her eyes only went up to her nose.

“There will be time for that when we return zaika.” She said softly. She hugged Heather and left the room. While she waited for Anya to return, Heather checked Facebook. Michael had since sent her another message, it only read. “Where are you?” Heather was completely disinterested in him and unfriended him from Facebook.

“No use dealing with trash.” She said. Heather remembered she still had to send Valerie the draft of her article. But… something was keeping her from doing it. To put it bluntly, she didn’t really feel like writing an article. It just all felt so dull to her now. Heather opened the curtains of her hotel room and looked out on the swimming pool down below. She wondered if Anya would be open to swimsuit shopping. When Anya returned, they went out for breakfast together. The hotel was serving waffles, and they sat side by side as Anya fed her each bite. Mmm, I never want to eat alone ever again. Heather thought. Afterward, they both walked to the bus stop nearby and caught a bus back into Tampa, Florida. It was only a 30-minute ride from Lake Faris to Tampa, and it was nice to get out.

“Where do you live, Anya?” Heather asked her. This question was somewhat calculated on her part. It had occurred to her while she was feeding her breakfast that Heather didn’t want to go back home now. She enjoyed Anya’s company so much that she wanted to stay with her after her week was up. And she was hoping Anya felt the same way.

“My uncle has a house in Oregon. I still live there. He comes and goes.” Anya was staring out the window while she said this. She turned her head toward Heather. “Where do you live?”

“I rent an apartment, I used to live with my ex-boyfriend, but now I’m by myself… I’m kind of lonely now.” She said. Anya nodded but didn’t say anything. Heather didn’t really want to press into Anya’s personal life back home, she still didn’t know how much longer she was staying at the lodge. The thought of being alone at the lodge, with just that bitch Jezebel to keep her company was depressing enough. And it was better to put that out of her mind now, better to avoid focusing on something she couldn’t control. The bus eventually brought them to Tampa, and Heather was excited to now buy some new clothes that would fit her steadily growing body.
~~~
Melanie wasn’t enthusiastic about her mission. Despite her sexual reawakening the previous night, she was still extremely nervous and apprehensive about what she was doing. Melanie thought back to art school, how she was stressed out about failing and going back to waitressing for the rest of her life. How she was now stealing hair from a morbidly obese woman as her job. It was starting to make her laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Jezebel asked. They were in the back seat of her car, driving into the city. Wanda ran a “service” in Tampa for “cuddle sessions,” according to her website. Of course, she also made house calls, which was why she went to the hotel. But Jezebel found it simultaneously unlikely she would return to the lodge, and too risky to bring her back. Despite the ‘push giving her only a vague recollection of the other day, bringing her back risked that memory returning. And Jezebel didn’t want rumors floating about the 6th floor.

“Nothing,” Melanie said, she glared up at Jezebel from the back seat. Melanie dressed in a dark grey hoodie and shorts with sneakers. She wanted to go to Wanda’s place in relatively comfortable clothes, just in case something like her fantasy happened. It ran through her mind frequently throughout the day and tempted her to reopen Theo’s text again and rewatch the video.

“Stay focused, Delacroix,” She said, turning her gaze back to the road. “We have maybe until 6 pm before the curse wears off. That gives you 4 hours to get the hair and bring it to me.”

“What am I supposed to do exactly? Just knock on her door and hand her a pair of scissors?” Melanie asked. This was a question she wanted to ask; she really didn’t know how to get a lock of Wanda’s hair aside from just asking her.

Jezebel pulled the car over into a parking lot. They were still a few miles from Wanda’s house. It was the parking lot to a Denny’s, and there was nobody else in sight. “Get out. I need to give you something.” Jezebel said. She glared at Melanie. Despite her rage, Melanie was still scared of Jezebel and especially her medallion. She opened the door and got out.

“What’s this about?” She asked. Jezebel walked around the car and faced her, looking her straight in the eyes. She grabbed her medallion, and the jewel started to glow. A bright light flashed in Melanie’s eyes. She was unable to avoid looking directly at Jezebel, her body felt like it wasn’t her own. Like someone else was controlling it. She could hear Jezebel’s thoughts running through her mind as if they were her own.

“Repeat after me. You will be unable to look me in the eyes from now on.” Sounded in her head. It came from her own mind and sounded as genuine as her other thoughts.

“I will be unable to look you in the eyes from now on.” She repeated. Melanie’s voice was not her own. It was monotone like all of the life had been sapped from her. The jewel stopped glowing, and Melanie felt control of her body return as suddenly as it had left her.

“You… b-bitch,” Melanie mumbled, slurring her words in the process. Jezebel took off her medallion and placed it into Melanie’s hands.

“Use this if she doesn’t just hand it over. Make sure the two of you are alone. Just look her directly in her eyes and visualize yourself entering her mind. It’s as easy as it sounds.”

“So, not at all…” Melanie responded. She found it really hard to look at Jezebel’s face, it started to give her a headache when she tried. “What’s to stop me from just hopping on a bus and saying screw this?” She asked.

“Two things. I had Lance collect more hair from your bathroom. If you don’t get Wanda’s hair in 6 hours, I’ll turn you into him next.” The thought of that alone was chilling to Melanie, far more than being attracted to Wanda. “Second. I can reverse my punishments.”

“You can?” Melanie’s heart was beating faster. Jesus Christ. She thought.

“But I need to trust you, Delacroix. And this is just the first step on that journey. Can I trust you?” Melanie still hated Jezebel, but she didn’t feel like she really had a choice in the matter.

“Yes. Can we go now?” She asked. Jezebel nodded and re-entered the car. Melanie slipped the medallion over her neck, feeling the grain of the wood rub against her fingers. I can see why she keeps playing with it. She thought. They kept driving until they pulled up to an apartment building. While Jezebel cruised around looking for a place to park, Melanie got her bearings about where they were. There was a McDonalds across the street, a bus stop on one corner, and a row of clothing stores down the block. The apartment building itself was old. It was made of concrete and painted a dull brown, with rows of narrow balconies dotting each floor.

“Theo emailed her, and she agreed to see you today. Once you have the hair, bring it to me, and I’ll take it back alone.” They were parked outside the apartment complex in a small lot off to one corner.

“Wait, you’re not driving me back?” Melanie asked.

“Well. I might need to renew the spell; I don’t know how many times yet. In that event, I’ll call you and ask for more of her hair.” At this rate, we’ll make her go bald. Melanie thought. “Ask if she’ll let you stay the night, I’m sure you have your ways.” She said. Alluding to the medallion. Melanie wondered if this was some kind of test, she was putting her through. To see if she could follow her orders.

“Okay.” Melanie was still formulating a plan to get revenge on Jezebel. One thing was clear, though. She couldn’t do it alone, and she couldn’t trust Theo and Lance. Jezebel’s car drove off, and she put the thought out of her mind for the moment. She walked up to Wanda’s apartment complex and rang the bell.
~~~
Anya and Heather spent most of the day together, shopping for new clothes. Anya was eager to watch her try on new shirts and would gawk at her stomach as she slipped out of her t-shirt to put them on.

“You are getting so fat.” She said in astonishment. Heather’s stomach was now a gut, there was no question about that at this point. It started to hang over the waistband of her pants and poked out under her shirt. Heather’s arms were noticeably chunkier, especially her biceps. They had become flabby and jiggled as she moved. Her neck was growing thicker, and her cheeks were much fuller. She had a harder time putting her pants on every time she took them off.

“Mhm” Heather said. Anya helped her slip into a large blouse. This was also too small for her, and Anya noticed it was hard to button. Why is she growing so large? Anya thought to herself. Part of her was concerned, since she knew this wasn’t normal, but another part of her found this extremely arousing and put it out of her mind. Anya never exactly paid attention in biology class and just assumed Heather must’ve had a low metabolism. That must be it.

They bought several extra-large tops, along with similarly sized pants. Heather’s chunky ass stuck out as she put on a pair of loose baggy pants. She slipped on a new pair of panties that finally managed to fit without giving her a wedgie. Once they were done, they also went to the change rooms to try on swimsuits. Heather insisted, she wanted to go swimming with Anya when they returned to the lodge.

“I do not object,” Anya said, as Heather slipped into a one-piece swimsuit. Heather’s hips were much fuller now, she could now rest her hands on them. She spun around in front of Anya, wearing the bathing suit and smiled.

“I’m getting so big.” She said. Almost on cue, her stomach growled, and Heather felt the familiar feeling of pain return in her abdomen. She leaned to one side, and a loud fart escaped her ass. It sounded like a car backfiring. “Oops,” she said in embarrassment.

“What the hell was that!?! What fucking died in here!?!” A woman shouted from outside the changing room. Heather blushed and looked at Anya, who held her nose laughed.

“Maybe we should go zaika.” Heather nodded. They paid for her clothes, and Anya helped her back into her track pants. Noticing it was almost impossible to now zip them up. They eventually decided to just leave her fly open and exited the store. Heather’s stomach growled again, this time, it was hunger. Anya spotted a McDonalds down the street to take her to. Heather squealed in delight as they walked in.

Chapter 11: The elephant in the room

“Who is it?” Wanda’s voice sounded through the intercom. It's her. Melanie thought

“Hi there. I have an appointment to meet… Wanda.” She said clearly into the microphone. There was a pause before the intercom answered.

“Oh, yes. Come right along in dearie.” A buzz sounded through the intercom, unlocking the front door. Melanie walked into the apartment building and approached the elevator. She rode the elevator up to Wanda’s floor. Wanda’s apartment building wasn’t exactly clean. It was old, with layers of peeling old paint falling off the walls. The carpet had suspicious stains dotting the surface like the spots of a dalmatian. She got off the elevator and strode down the hallway.

How does she fit through here? Melanie wondered. The hallway was quite thin, she couldn’t outstretch her arms completely. It was making her slightly claustrophobic. Melanie let go of the thought and kept walking until she made it to Wanda’s door. She rapped her knuckles loudly on it.

“Coming, dear.” She heard from behind the door. Melanie heard deep thudding sounds from within the apartment. It reminded her of the sound an elephant made while walking. It was starting to turn her on a little. The heavy footstep sounds eventually terminated at the door. Melanie heard the locks rapidly click, and the door swung open.

Wanda was standing in the doorway, her ginger hair left uncombed in a giant frizzy mess. She wore a white tank top that was covered in stains of dubious origins. It did an excellent job of showing off her chunky fat biceps, which were the size of Melanie’s head. Underneath this was a pair of yoga pants that she wore over her distended belly. She wasn’t wearing any socks, with her cankles and bare feet poking out from underneath them. The familiar scent of gym socks filled Melanie’s nose from their last in-person meeting. “Well… I did not expect to see you again, dearie. What brings you to see little ol’ me?” Wanda’s booming voice echoed through the hallway around Melanie. She laughed straight from the belly as she spoke. Her thick fleshy neck jiggled as she spoke.

There’s nothing little about you… Melanie thought. “I… wanted to see if I could take advantage of your services,” Melanie replied. She felt so small compared to Wanda, despite being taller than her. Wanda, in terms of weight and girth, was three times the size of her.

“Didya now,” Wanda said. Looking her up and down. She licked her lips and bit her lip. “Well. Come on in dearie.” Melanie walked into Wanda’s apartment and closed the door. Wanda’s apartment was extremely cramped, and Wanda had to walk sideways like a crab through the hall into the living room. The inside of her apartment wasn’t much better than the hallway, with similar peeling paint and… dubious stains. There were dirty dishes in the sink and half-eaten plates everywhere. Is this all she does? Sit around and eat? Melanie wondered. She followed Wanda to her living room. It was similarly cramped, with a sofa to one corner, a coffee table, and television opposite it. Wanda sat down in a recliner close to the couch; Melanie heard a creak from the chair as she lowered her body into it. She motioned to the sofa where Melanie sat down.

“So… what can I do ya for? What’s your name again?” Wanda asked? She put her feet on top of the coffee table. “Do you want a standard cuddle? Or… something more?” Melanie gulped a little. Gazing upon Wanda was sending her mind for a loop. Jesus, she’s so enormous. She thought.

“M-my name is Melanie….” She replied. “And…well… I-I… I wanted to… cuddle and…” Melanie bit her lip, thinking back to her fantasy. Oh god, I want her to crush my head like a fucking melon. She thought.

“Mmm… well…” Wanda said, looking Melanie up and down. “Let’s say we start at cuddling and go from there, dear…” Melanie was so nervous. “Follow me.” She got up from the recliner and waddled out of the living room. Melanie followed her, watching her ass bob up and down as she walked. She approached a door, shuffling sideways through it like she did before. Melanie saw it was a bedroom with a massive queen-sized bed inside of it. Wanda walked in and sat down; a loud creaking sounded from its box springs. Her enormous stomach jiggled as she sat, and she spread her arms out. Melanie sat down next to her, the smell from her obese body was intoxicating now. Melanie just wanted to stuff her face into her stomach and huff.

“Well. Do you want me to start or…” Melanie didn’t give Wanda a chance to finish. She started groping her love handles, feeling the weight of them as her belly jiggled. Melanie kissed Wanda and felt her head gripped by the large woman from behind. She was shoving her tongue into her mouth. Oh, God, yes. Melanie thought. Wanda lay down, and Melanie rested her body on top of her. She went to town, groping her fat stomach as they kissed. Melanie moaned. She was incredibly turned on. Melanie paused and then unzipped her hoodie. Her t-shirt was the next to go. She kicked off her shoes and unzipped her pants. Within seconds she was in her underwear, with Jezebel’s medallion tightly fastened around her neck.

“Let’s get those clothes off you. I want to feel your weight.” Melanie licked her lips as she watched Wanda take her clothes off. Her heart thudding in her chest.
~~~
“Wait here,” Anya said. Heather sat down at a table. She was giddy with anticipation. “I will feed you.” Anya’s tone had changed again, now she was commanding.

“Yes, ma’am,” Heather replied. Heather licked her lips and felt her privates tighten again. Her stomach growled loudly. It hadn’t been filled since breakfast, a good 3 and a half hours prior. It felt like torture waiting to fill her stomach again. It took Anya two trips to return with food for Heather. She ordered a feast for the growing girl. 3 big macs, 2 apple pies, 3 boxes of large fries, and a large Pepsi. Heather smiled broadly as the food was presented to her. Anya moved her chair, so she sat immediately to her right.

“Beg me to feed you,” Anya commanded. She looked at Heather sternly. “I must give you permission to eat.”

“P-please my Goddess,” Heather said. Her stomach grumbled again. “Please feed me.” Anya reached for one of the big macs and proceeded to shove it into her mouth. Heather moaned with pleasure as she tried to chew the sloppy burger. Juices from the burger spilled onto her t-shirt. Heather’s arms hung by her side as she surrendered to Anya. She felt incredibly turned on as her mistress fed her.

“You are a pig,” Anya said crossly, continuing to feed her. She reached up her shirt and rubbed her stomach. “Look at how bloated you have become. Soon you will be unable to walk and clothe yourself without my help.” Anya was incredibly turned on by how submissive Heather had become, and how easily she took to being fed. Heather finished the burger and then burped loudly.

“More.” She said. Her stomach still growled; it wasn’t satisfied. Anya’s rubbed her stomach and reached for the fries. She started shoving them into Heather’s open mouth, moaning some more as she chewed. She felt so happy being fed like a nice piggy. This felt so right to her. This was the only thing she would ever need. A never-ending supply of food, and a woman willing to shove it in her mouth. She felt pure bliss as Anya kept feeding her until the contents of both trays were emptied of food.

“That was incredible.” Heather said. Anya was sweating profusely. She was very turned on by the whole experience. She felt like Heather had utterly surrendered to her will. She kissed Heather, groping her stomach as she did so. Anya moaned and inserted her tongue into Heather’s mouth. They kissed passionately for a few minutes before Anya broke the silence.

“You are so beautiful, zaika.” She could taste some of what Heather ate.

“Mhm,” Heather replied. She was extremely horny. “Let’s go back to the hotel room Goddess.” She started to massage her privates. “I want to… the pleasure you…” Anya got up and helped Heather to her feet.

“I like the way you think.” She said, smiling broadly.
~~~
“Oh god… Oh, God…” Melanie had inserted her tongue into Wanda’s privates. The smell of fish and an under-cooked slab of meat filled her nostrils. She grabbed onto her love handles for support as she ate her out. Wanda gripped the sides of her bedposts for support, her sea of flesh jiggled rhythmically. Melanie was fingering herself in the process, feeling in pure ecstasy.

“Oh God… OH GOD,” Wanda orgasmed, sending a deluge of juices into Melanie’s mouth. Melanie fingered herself to completion and collapsed, her body physically satisfied by the encounter. “God… damn… dearie…” Wanda said slowly. Her large stomach grumbled audibly, and she shuddered. “I need something to eat.” She said.

“C-can I feed you?” Melanie asked. She sat up and hugged Wanda around the middle and kissed her again. Wanda hugged her back and stroked her hair.

“Of course, dearie.” Wanda laughed again, her neighing stutter laugh made Melanie feel warm and fuzzy. She buried her head into Wanda’s flesh, nuzzling it like a cat. Wanda’s large body made her feel safe, like the stress that had built for months had evaporated.

“What do you feel like eating?” Melanie asked, looking up at Wanda’s fleshy face.

“There’s a McDonalds across the street, that’s half the reason I moved in here.” Wanda laughed again. “Let’s go dear, I’ll let you feed me Mcnuggets.” Melanie nodded and rose to her feet to get dressed.

1 minute ago, Batman76 said:

Only about halfway caught up yet, but I love the creepy, tales from the crypt feel of this.

heh it's hard for me to fight my urges to just devote entire chapters to the main character gorging herself on pizza. Need to fit the plot in somewhere.

Thanks for the feedback Batman76 it means a lot. I love your work.

Chapter 12: A reflection in a curved mirror

Wanda took her sweet time pulling her pants back on. They struggled to stretch far enough over her hips. Jesus, she’s so fucking fat. Melanie thought as she gazed upon Wanda’s ass. She got to her feet and helped Wanda. After a few minutes, they managed to get the hooks of her bra attached.

“Does it always take you this long to get dressed?” Melanie asked. Helping her flabby biceps through her shirt sleeves next.

“Pretty much, dearie.” She said. Her neighing laugh returned. “Thanks.” She said, grinning at her. Melanie ran her hands through Wanda’s hair, feeling her hands get caught in the curls. She pulled Wanda’s head toward her breast and started smelling deep.

“This might seem like a weird request…” Melanie said. “But… can I keep some of your hair?” This was a million to one shot, but Melanie really didn’t want to try using the ‘push on her, especially if she didn’t have to. Melanie was so taken with Wanda she really didn’t want to put her through that again.

“You are the kinkiest girl I’ve ever met dear,” Wanda replied. “You must have been miserable before you met me.” Wanda bent over and pulled a long curly lock from her floor. “These fall out all the time, here.” Melanie breathed a sigh of relief, she was glad to get that out of the way. Now to get this into Jezebel’s hands. She thought. But that could wait, she still had a few hours and… Wanda was hungry. Wanda had started stuffing her large belly back into the waistband of her pants. Melanie wondered if it would feel any different to the touch when she was full. “Let’s go dear,” Wanda said. Melanie nodded, she followed Wanda out of the apartment.

Wanda did indeed have issues with the width of the hallway. Her ass brushed along both walls as she heaved her hips to and fro. Melanie got a good view of her jostling buttocks as they approached the elevator. They rode the elevator down to the ground floor and got out. The McDonalds was just across the street. Melanie and Wanda approached the building and entered. Only for Melanie to get the shock of her life as she spotted Heather and Anya seated in a corner. Holy shit, her spell fucking worked. Melanie thought.

“I’m going to order; do you want anything dear?” Wanda asked Melanie.

“No, go ahead, I’ll sit down,” Melanie replied. Wanda waddled her body to the counter. Melanie sat down and watched Heather from afar, her mouth ajar at all the changes. She looked almost like a completely different person. Heather now had a double chin and a fleshy neck, and her cheeks puffed out like a balloon. Her hips were enormous and drooped over her seat as she sat, leaving an excellent cushion for her to sit on. Melanie felt incredibly guilty as she gazed on Heather’s bloated body. I did this, I gave her the ingredients. I’m giving her more hair next. Heather is slowly losing her life, and I’m to blame. Melanie thought. She felt even more hatred at Jezebel and how she blackmailed her into doing this.

“Let’s go,” Heather said to Anya. They both got up and headed toward the exit door next to her. Melanie spoke up.

“H-hey…” Melanie said to Heather. “Fancy seeing you here.” Heather paused before recognizing Melanie.

“Melanie, the artist lady,” Heather said, she remembered her from the front of the hotel. Anya paused, also remembering her.

“When do I get my portrait?” Anya asked curiously. “Why does she get one, and I do not? What makes her so special?”

“Uh…” Melanie started. She didn’t expect this question. “Well… must’ve been a clerical error. I’ll call my boss and ask.” Anya spotted the medallion that hung around Melanie’s neck and felt an immediate sense of recognition. She remembered the flashing light from Jezebel’s ‘push.

“Wh…where did you get that?” Anya asked. She walked up to her and reached for it, feeling the wood of the necklace in her hands.

“Friends of yours?” Wanda asked. She had a tray of chicken McNuggets in her hands, she approached the three of them and sat down opposite Melanie.

“Y-yeah, you could say that,” Melanie said, grabbing the medallion out of Anya’s hands. Anya backed away and walked back to Heather’s side, a scowl growing on her face. Heather eyed Wanda up and down, watching the enormous woman’s body jiggle as she sat.

“Who’s this?” Heather asked. Wanda looked up and answered.

“I am Wanda, Melanie came over and she wanted to feed me some McNuggets.” Anya giggled as Wanda spoke. Amused at how such a thin girl was with such an enormous woman. “Isn’t that right, Melanie?” She said, smiling.

“Uh yeah…” She answered. Heather looked upon Wanda for a few moments before turning back to Melanie.

“Well, it was nice seeing you again. We’re heading back to the lodge right now.” Heather said to Melanie.

“Yeah… let me know when I can have my portrait drawn…” Anya said. She was looking at Melanie’s medallion crossly. She followed Heather out of the restaurant, and they both vanished out of sight. Melanie sighed and felt her breathing return to normal.

“Friends of yours, dearie? From work or something?” Wanda asked. Her loud booming voice trying to sound compassionate.

“Yeah, you could say that.” Melanie turned around and faced Wanda, who was already digging into her chicken McNuggets. She watched as Wanda lifted the chicken tender up and stuffed it into her mouth before chewing it.

“C-can I feed you one?” Melanie asked.

“Sure, dear.” She said, smiling.
~~~
Heather and Anya didn’t talk much on the bus ride back to the hotel, Anya was lost in thought from seeing Melanie. Heather didn’t really press the issue as she was more focused on Wanda. There was something off about the enormous woman. Heather felt like she recognized Wanda from somewhere but couldn’t remember ever seeing her before.

When they arrived back to Heather’s hotel room, she sat down on her bed in exhaustion. Her clothes were stained from both the meal she was fed and the numerous sweat stains that covered them. She sighed out of relief and looked up at Anya, who was still lost in thought. “What’s up?” She asked.

“That girl…” She said slowly. “That thing she was wearing. The owner was wearing it too…” She said. She remembered it from Jezebel’s interview with her, how it glowed.

“Mhm…” Heather seemed very disinterested. The investigation was very dull to her now and not worth focusing on. “Do you want to go swimming with me, Anya? The pools over there.” Anya was still lost in thought. She looked over at Heather, now questioning why she had gained so much weight since the previous day. Why was she in pain at the restaurant? There was something fishy about the whole thing. What was the artist girl Melanie doing with the owner’s medallion? The one that gave off the bright light.

“You go on ahead, zaika. I will meet you there.” Anya replied. Heather squealed with delight as she got dressed in her new bathing suit. Anya put her black sunglasses back on and left the hotel room.
~~~
“Well, now. That food filled a hole.” Wanda said. Melanie had fed her close to 30 of them. Wanda’s stomach finally stopped growling and was at least content for the moment. “Do you want to go back?” She asked her. Melanie was about to reply when her phone went off. It sent a familiar beep indicating she had received a text message. It was obvious who it came from.

“Do you have it?” It was from Jezebel. Melanie texted her back. “Yes. I’m in the McDonalds across the road. Meet me in the bathroom.” Melanie looked up from her phone back at Wanda.

“I need to use the ladies.” She said. Wanda nodded.

“Don’t take too long.” She replied. Melanie smiled and got up. She walked to the bathroom and waited. It didn’t take long for Jezebel to walk in and approach her inside.

“How’d you get here so fast?” Melanie asked. She still couldn’t look Jezebel in the face.

“I waited around the corner. Did you get it?” She asked. Melanie held up the red curl of hair Wanda had given her. Jezebel snatched it from her hand. “Do you have more? Did you need to use the ‘push?” She asked.

“Yes, I had to use it.” She lied. “She resisted at first. You were right to lend me this.” She lifted up the medallion.

“Good…” Jezebel said, a smirk broadening across her face. “You’re doing very well, Delacroix.” Melanie smiled.

“Just doing my job, boss.” She said. “Are you going to cure me?”

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.” She said, her smile fading. “I’m heading back now. When you have more, return to the hotel, and we’ll talk about it.”

“As you wish…” Melanie replied. Jezebel turned and left the bathroom. Leaving Melanie alone. I need to find someone to use this against her. She thought. Playing with the wooden medallion in her hands. The jewel inside felt smooth to the touch. She wondered back to the way Anya stared at it. Melanie thought about the Russian woman, remembering back to when she fed Heather fries. Anya had a vested interest in Heather, and as a result, would likely want to know about Jezebel’s curse.

“Well, Anya. Now I have a reason to draw you.” She said. A plan started to formulate in her head. She had an idea how to beat Jezebel at her own game. She exited the bathroom and walked back to Wanda’s table.

“Took you long enough.” She said to her. “So, Melanie, I was wondering. How will you pay me for our cuddle session?”

“Oh, uh…” Melanie replied. She had forgotten entirely.

“I was thinking. You drew such nice pictures, why don’t you draw me and we’re square?” Wanda asked. Melanie felt relieved. She didn’t really bring any money and didn’t want to use the ‘push to force Wanda to forget about it. Plus, drawing Wanda was a tantalizing prospect, she had to admit.

“Sure. Let’s go back to your place.” Melanie said. They got up and left the McDonalds.

Mightier than the Sword is almost at it's final chapter. Stay tuned in the next few days for the climax and ending.

Chapter 13: The Spellbook

Anya walked down the hallway to Jezebel’s office. Remembering it from when she first arrived at the hotel. When she came, she heard voices behind the door. Anya pressed her ear against it and listened in.

“Did you get it?” Theo asked.

“Yes… Delacroix did well for once. Now I must augment the spell.” There was the sound of rustling pages and a lot of footsteps.

“What does that mean? Don’t you just do the same thing you did before?”

“No. That spell has been cast. I need to cast another spell to augment it.” There was another rustling of pages before a loud banging.

“What the hell was that?” Theo asked.

“Where is Lance? Why isn’t he here? Why aren’t you watching the monitors?” Jezebel’s harsh voice shrieked.

“You gave him like five days off, remember?”

“Oh…” Jezebel’s voice cut off. “I found it.”

“What does it do?” Theo asked.

“Never mind that. I only have 30 minutes to cast it.” Anya heard the footsteps growing louder. She sprinted from the door and hid behind a bench close by. The door swung open, and Jezebel walked through it, followed by Theo.

“I need more sugar and flour. I have the hair already. Get the supplies and meet me on the 6th floor.” Jezebel barked at him.

“Your wish is my command boss.” He said sarcastically. He followed her down the hall and out of sight. Anya noticed that the door to Jezebel’s office was left ajar. She opened it and walked in. Jezebel’s office was a bit of a mess since she the last time she was there. Things were strewn about like someone had ransacked the place. On her desk was a large leather-bound book, which was left open. As she picked it up, tufts of dust came off of it. Causing her to sneeze.

“Why is this thing so dirty?” She asked. Anya then realized it was probably better to read this in the hallway. Or better yet, back at her room. She walked out of the office and carefully closed the door behind her.

Back in her room, Anya examined the book again. It was clearly ancient with fraying edges. It lacked a title on the front or the spine, instead just having a series of strange lettering she didn’t recognize. It didn’t look Russian or English or any language Anya had ever seen. Perplexed, she opened it to the first page.

“Madam Katarina Ruth’s book of incantations. Volume II.” Read the first page. The paper was heavy and didn’t resemble traditional paper. Instead, it felt warm and soft to the touch like fabric. She flipped the pages to where she remembered Jezebel left it open and read the page.

“Standard augmentation spell.
Description: Within the realm of thaumaturgy are various incantations and curses, which will bend reality and space-time. When a particular curse must be extended past its initial shelf date, it will require an augmentation spell to be cast. The standard augmentation spell continues the initial effect of the original curse.

Be aware of results can be unpredictable due to the fragile nature of space and time. The effect of the original curse will be enhanced. The possibility of a temporal reality storm further increases depending on the amount curses cast in a short time. See: Risks and complications of bending space-time chapter 34.”

Most of the writing on the page was gibberish to Anya, and she didn’t understand any of it. She was baffled. Did Jezebel cast a spell on Heather? Was that why she gained so much weight? How much of her changed exactly? Anya started to cry a little as she thought about kissing Heather. Was that part of the spell? Was she acting against her will? Was this all a sick prank being pulled on her? Anya closed the book and sat still for a few minutes. Mulling over the information she read. Before remembering that Heather had asked her to go swimming.

I need to ask her about this. Anya thought. Ask her if she… cares about me.
~~~
Jezebel poured the sugar and flour into the bowl containing the raggedy ann doll. The brown muck inside of it had almost turned to the color and consistency of water. It was supposed to completely disappear when the spell ran out of steam, which at least meant she still had time. If she worked fast. She placed Wanda’s hair into the mixture and moved her hands over the bowl. Then she started to speak. “Shemhamforash.” The contents in the bowl began to glow again. “Jantar. Behora. Carvahall.” There was a loud bang as sparks flew out of the bowl. Showering the room in light.

“Was that supposed to happen, boss?” Theo asked. He watched from a safe distance.

“I… don’t know Theo. I’ve never done this before.” Jezebel saw that the mixture had turned brown again. But it was a darker color, closer to black.

“At least it’s over now.” She was hopeful Melanie could bring her more hair, just in case it went transparent again. Jezebel breathed deeply and sighed, glad it was finally over. She ran her hands through her hair and felt some of her hair fall out.

“W-what the?” She exclaimed. A clump of her hair fell to the ground. She looked down at her hands and saw liver spots form on her hands. Her arms were noticeably thinner, with her skin almost peeling off to the touch. “T-this can’t be happening.” She shrieked.
~~~
Anya had changed into her swimsuit and walked down to the pool. She kept her sunglasses on, the deep orange sunset of the dark Florida sky still clearly visible. It was late enough in the day that the pool was completely empty except for one person. She saw Heather in her bathing suit wading in the shallow end.

“Took you long enough.” She said to Anya as she walked over.

“zaika…” She started to speak, but the words didn’t come out. She walked into the water of the pool toward her. “Do you feel any different right now?” She asked.

“No. Why?” Heather asked. She didn’t look overly concerned.

“zaika… Heather…” This started to startle Heather a little. This was the first time she didn’t refer to her as a rabbit. “I need to ask you something.” She was within arm’s reach.

“What is it, Anya?” Heather asked.

“Do… do you care about me? In a… loving sense…” Anya was stumbling over her words a little. Tears were forming in her eyes. “I was afraid you did not care about me. That… you did not love me…” Anya hadn’t really considered if she was in love with Heather or not before this. It just felt right to ask about it now.

“I care about you, Anya. These last few days we’ve had together truly changed my life.” She said. “I think about you a lot, and you truly matter to me. In a way, no other person has.” Anya reached over and hugged Heather around the middle. “There is no-one else I have ever loved as much as you.” She said softly. Anya laughed; she was so happy at this.

“Thank you, zaika.” She said. “I… I was so worried you had been tricked somehow into kissing me and caring for me.” Heather was confused at this and embraced her.

“Hey, now relax, Anya. It’s okay. There’s nothing to be worried about.” Heather felt so good embracing Anya in her arms. They stayed in this position for a short time before Heather felt a familiar pitter-patter of rain surround her body.

“Is it… raining?” She said. Anya looked around her and nodded. She didn’t remember seeing clouds before.

“We better go inside.” Anya nodded and followed Heather out of the pool. The two women walked back to Heather’s hotel room. The stress Anya had felt before had mostly washed away. She was convinced of Heather’s answer. Anya didn’t feel like she had any reason to be deceptive. When they arrived, Heather sat down on her bed. She was still wet from her bathing suit.

“So… what do you want to do now?” She asked. Anya looked down at Heather. Noticing she was much shorter now, closer to 5’5 or 5’4.

“Well… we do have all night.” She said. “And you promised to pleasure me.” Anya motioned for Heather to lie down on the bed. Anya walked back to the bathroom and came back with towels. Heather assumed they were intended for her to dry off, but Anya had other plans. She slowly twisted one around and tied a tight knot around Heather’s wrist. Tying the other end to the banister of her bed.

“W-what are you doing?” Heather asked. Anya worked toward tying the other towel to the opposite banister.

“You are doing so well at growing fat for your Goddess.” She said. Patting Heather’s belly. “I wanted you to show me your appreciation.” Heather tugged at the towels, feeling trapped and unable to break free.

“W-what do you mean?” Heather stammered. Anya crawled on top of Heather and slowly pulled off her bathing suit. She was completely naked.

“I want you to pleasure me… or I’ll punish you…” She replied.
~~~
Heather and Anya had very rough sex, with Anya collapsing from exhaustion as Heather finally finished. She was so tired now, from the day they had, the stress she felt earlier, and now being pleasured by her tubby lover. She curled up to Heather and untied her from the banister.

“I… love you, zaika.” She said, kissing her neck and cuddling up close to her. She fell asleep in Heather’s arms.

Sorry about the delay on this chapter. I was a bit busy yesterday and managed to crank this out at work.

Chapter 14: Bending reality

“Hold still some more,” Melanie said. She was hunched over a piece of paper, scribbling as fast as possible.

“Sorry, dearie. I was a little itchy.” Wanda said. She was seated on the bed in front of her. Wanda had stripped to her underwear in preparation. Initially, she was just wearing her sweat pants and t-shirt from before. But Melanie insisted. It was mostly an excuse to watch her undress again. Wanda hadn’t given Melanie much to work with, just some scrap paper she had lying around and a number 2 pencil. In Melanie’s hands,' such tools were more than enough. Little by little, her scribblings transformed into an almost photo-realistic depiction of Wanda’s bloated body. Melanie was incredibly horny as she sketched in details like the folds of her neck, the way her belly sat on top of her thighs. It was tantalizing for the young girl to behold.

“Done,” Melanie said triumphantly. She had to sharpen the pencil 3 times using a kitchen knife nearby. Using a knife to sharpen pencils was a technique her teacher taught her. Through Jezebel’s spell anyway, not in reality.

“My, my dearie, that’s worth a bonus,” Wanda said, smiling. She gazed upon the drawing with a reverence like a priceless treasure. “Where did you learn how to do this anyway?”

“I paid attention in art school,” it was a lie, of course, she never did. But saying, “My bitch of a boss cast a spell on me” was probably going to take some explaining. “What bonus?” She asked.

“Mmm…” She set the picture down on a table next to her. “Well, dearie, I think you’ve been such a swell guest, and you did such a good job. You deserve a bonus. I’ll throw in a free face sitting on top of the cuddle. And…” Wanda’s hand moved to Melanie’s breast. Her expression changed, she looked steamier and more seductive. “If you want to go for round two, I might give you a freebie.” Melanie gulped, remembering her fantasy the other day.

“H-how could I say no to that…” Melanie sputtered. Wanda giggled and pointed to the bed.

“Hop on… lover…” Wanda’s gaze fixed upon her. Melanie undressed and lay down on the bed. In an instant, her vision dimmed as Wanda’s enormous ass enveloped her head.

“Mmmph,” Melanie cried out. Her lungs crying out in pain as she couldn’t breathe. The pain of being crushed and suffocating was combined with pure ecstasy. She was extremely wet. Melanie stuffed her fingers into her privates and began to masturbate. Wanda heard this and smiled, feeling aroused herself. Then she felt a different feeling, something stirring in her stomach.

“Ooooh…” Wanda said. Melanie heard Wanda’s large stomach groan. It sounded like the roar of an elephant thundering in her ears. Oh God, is she going to do it. Please God, do it. I want it so badly. Melanie thought.

“Sorry, dearie, I must’ve eaten too many nuggets…” Melanie bit her lip in eager anticipation. Is she going to do it? She thought. And then, it happened. Wanda let rip a nasty fart. Melanie was deafened by the sound reverberating through her ears. The smell coated her lungs and lingered on her. Wanda lifted her derriere, and Melanie gasped for air. Breathing in more of the scent as she did so.

“I’m sorry, dear. Was that too much?” There was a hint of embarrassment in her voice. Melanie coughed and gasped. She was completely soaked from sweat and the wetness of her crotch.

“That was great…” was all she could manage to say. Wanda took that as a cue to sit atop Melanie again. She gasped and sputtered again, unable to breathe as her vision turned black back. Wanda ground her ass into the bed, slowly crushing Melanie’s head in the process.

“Mmph,” she whined underneath Wanda’s girth. I’m going to die now. I’m going to die, and it’s so fucking hot. Melanie thought. Eventually, Wanda let up and lifted her ass again. Allowing Melanie to breathe.

“Would you like a break, dear?” Wanda asked. She turned her head and looked down at Melanie.

“Y-yes… please…” She croaked. Wanda sat down on the bed, allowing Melanie to climb up into her lap. She stroked her head motherly, and Melanie eventually fell asleep. The sound of a thunderstorm blared in the distance.
~~~
Anya woke to a crunching sound. She didn’t recognize it at first, thinking it sounded like eggshells being stepped on. No… that sounds more like… potato chips? She thought to herself. Anya opened her eyes and looked around. Seeing Heather sitting up on the bed next to her.

“You’re up!” Heather exclaimed. Anya stared up at her in astonishment. Heather had changed even more drastically since the previous night. Her ass had exploded in size, now taking up her entire body mass. It gave way to large tree trunk sized thighs and chunky round calves. She sprouted cankles above her feet, almost like mushrooms. Heather’s arms had inflated, now her biceps were pillow-like in size and drooped down. They were covered in cellulite. Her fingers had become little sausages, and she was shoving them into a potato chip bag and greedily lifting them to her mouth. Heather’s neck had seemingly vanished into her torso, and her face was covered in crumbs. Her hair had started to curl and cascaded down her face. Anya could smell body odor on her and assumed she hadn’t showered yet. She just lay there in her own funk eating as much as possible. “How did you sleep?” She asked, still chewing.

“zaika…” Anya said. “W-what has happened to you? You were so tiny just a few days ago.” Heather was wearing a different set of pajamas, which covered her full bottom snuggly. Anya didn’t remember buying them when they were out.

“What do you mean? I don’t remember.” Heather said, sounding distant and a little vague. She belched loudly, and Anya breathed in a foul odor. She figured Heather must’ve gained at least 50 pounds overnight. She had crossed the threshold from “chubby” to “fat” effortlessly in just two days.

“H-heather,” Anya said. She sat up and attempted to shake her. Heather finished the bag of potato chips and began licking off her fingers. “Something is wrong. You are huge.”

“I’ve always been big.” She said, giggling. She shook her stomach and watched it jiggle. “Maybe I put on a little, but you did stuff me good these past few days. You said it yourself. I’m prey. Your little piglet.” A lightning strike sounded outside Heather’s room. It had begun to pour rain like there was a typhoon outside. Anya was startled by the sound before regaining her composure.

“I did not say that,” Anya said. She clearly remembered what she said. “I said I thought you were a predator like me,” Anya remembered back to the night when she first fed Heather. It was still clearly in her memory.

“Mmm…” Heather said. She sounded a little oblivious.

“Heather… why did you come to the lodge? You told me about an article? You asked me questions about this place.”

“An article?” Heather asked. She was confused. “I… don’t remember why I came here.” She said. Heather’s notebook and the computer had disappeared in the night, vanished as if they never existed to begin with. Anya was freaking out. She didn’t understand why Heather didn’t remember. She got to her feet and got dressed. Heather watched her in eager anticipation.

“Are we going to order room service? I’m so hungry…” Heather shook her belly again. Anya looked at her and sighed.

“I… I will be back, zaika. I can feed you when I return…” Anya was terrified. She put her shoes on and left Heather’s room.

I wonder if the front desk has that girl Melanie’s phone number. She is tied to this somehow, why did she draw her and not me? Anya ruminated on these thoughts as she walked to her room. She needed to find answers, and the only place they could lay was in that dusty tome she stole from Jezebel’s office.

Chapter 15: The Storm

Anya sat down on her bed as she rigorously flipped through the spellbook. She hunted through the pages looking for it. “Standard Augmentation Spell” Anya read-out-loud. It didn’t tell her very much by itself, though. What else did she need? “If this increases the power of something… what was the original?” She continued flipping through the book. Finding a handy index at the back, she located a section labeled “body transference” and began reading from it.

“A gift of traits
Description: This elaborate thaumaturgical curse transfers characteristics from one subject to another. The process takes several days. Because of the nature of thaumaturgy, this process will be painful for the subject. Due to a natural “overriding” of their processes. After this, they begin to resemble the original host in mannerisms and behavior. This will gradually bend space-time as the world begins to adapt to these changes. If allowed to continue, it will be unlike the spell ever took place, to begin with.”

Anya was horrified. Was this the spell that affected Heather? How much of her had changed? She thought back to what she had said before. “I’ve always been big”. The rain outside was now pelting the hotel, Anya heard a crack of thunder again, startling her. Why was it raining so hard? Then she remembered. Something the standard augmentation spell said. She flipped back to that page. “Temporal reality storm,” Anya read out loud. Not recognizing it. She flipped to chapter 34, “Risks and complications of bending space-time chapter 34.”

“Many thaumaturgical curses cause bends in space-time. When a curse is used, it causes a bend in space-time as it attempts to react to this decision. However, if too many bends are made, this causes a fracture. Or a storm.” Another lightning strike sounded outside Anya’s window.

“A Temporal Reality storm is the result of this. The bends have caused a fracture in space-time, spawning a storm of free energy that attempts to reconcile this. The storm will cause havoc and chaos in its wake unless it is stopped by destroying the cipher. Once the cipher is destroyed, the curse will reverse itself, ending the bends. If allowed to run on its own, the storm will eventually circumnavigate the bends in space-time. However, this will cause an untold amount of destruction in its wake.” Anya looked outside to the rain pelting her window. Was this what that was? A magical spell? Was this tied to what happened to Heather? What was this cipher the book talked about? Anya sat still for a few minutes, processing the information at her head. She almost jumped when she heard a knock at her door.

“Who is it?” Anya asked. Closing the book in a hurry.
~~~
While Wanda was in the shower, Melanie scoured her carpet, looking for more hair. She eventually accumulated a sizeable collection and loaded her pockets with it. “I hope this satisfies that old bitch.” She said, getting up.

“Old bitch?” Wanda asked, walking in. Melanie felt red from embarrassment.

“Sorry, not you. My boss.” Wanda looked relieved at this.

“Heh, I was hoping you weren’t talking about me. I’m not that old, you know.” Melanie didn’t know why she was acting so nicely to Wanda. Something about how kind and relatively harmless she was appealed to her. She didn’t have to feel suspicious of Wanda or act defensively around her. “Do you want to get something to eat?” Wanda asked.

“No… I need to head back. I’m supposed to be at work now.” Melanie was a little suspicious Jezebel hadn’t texted her to return back. Supposing it was another test she was giving her. The amulet around her neck felt suddenly a little heavy, remembering she was supposed to return it to her. The instrument of her oppression.

“Aw… well, if you’re ever in the neighborhood. You know where to find me.” Melanie gave Wanda a hug around her waist. Feeling genuine affection for the large woman.

“Thanks, Wanda. I really appreciated our time together.” Melanie knew that Jezebel was going to break the spell at some point. But part of her didn’t want to have it broken. Wanda was such a nice woman, and it felt so lovely spending time with her. She knew realistically it would be better to have it broken, I mean what kind of relationship could she have with a woman three times her size? But… there was no rush was there?

Melanie put her hood up as she left Wanda’s apartment. It rained cats and dogs like she had never seen before. The wind was causing the traffic lights to shake as they stood in place. She walked down to the bus stop and waited. Before long, a crowded bus arrived bearing the words “Faris Lake” came. The bus driver opened the door and spoke to her.

“Hope you got everything you need. This is the last bus for today.”  Melanie frowned and checked her watch. It was still noon.

“Why?” She asked. Melanie stepped onto the bus and grasped a railing tightly. The coach shook from the wind.

“This freak storm is causing chaos. The government is thinking of closing the roads up ahead.” Melanie started to worry, wondering if Jezebel made it back or not. Not for her safety mind you. More that, if she failed in getting back. She would probably find some reason to blame her for it. Melanie opened her phone and tried calling Theo. After a few short rings, he picked up.

“Hey, it’s me. What’s happening up there?” Melanie asked. Theo’s voice came in muffled, presumably due to the storm.

“Boss is freaking out. Something went wrong. Nobody knows where her spellbook is. She’s threatening to kill everyone.” Theo said. There was an evident panic in his voice. “You better get back up here. Something’s going on with her.” Melanie instantly felt worried.

“Alright, I’m on my way.” The call ended, and Melanie put her phone away. Wondering what he meant by “nobody knows where her spellbook is.” She thought back to seeing Heather and Anya in the restaurant.

Did Anya have something to do with this? Did she summon this storm? She wondered. The bus eventually pulled in front of the Lodge, and Melanie got out.

“Thanks for the lift,” she said to the driver. Watching the bus leave back down the hill. I hope it makes it back safe. She thought to herself. Before shifting her gaze back up to the hotel. She strode up to the lobby and entered the Lodge. Melanie was soaked to the skin and felt relief as she pulled her hood off, the amulet shaking free of her wet hair in the process. It lay visibly on her breast as she walked toward the front desk.

“What’s going on?” Melanie asked the front desk girl. She looked visibly rattled and was taking a phone call.

“Shit’s falling apart,” she mouthed to her. “They want you upstairs,” she continued. Before returning to her phone call. Melanie frowned and waited. She had no intention of going upstairs, at least not yet. Not without seeing Anya first. Melanie waited for the front desk girl to finish her phone call before asking.

“I need a room number. Anya Volkov. Boss’s orders.” Melanie crossed her arms and waited as the front desk girl searched the directory.

“Yes. Here it is.” She pointed to the room number Anya was staying at. “Make sure you head upstairs Theo and Lance have been looking all over for you.” The front desk girl picked up her phone and started dialing. Melanie made herself scarce and walked in the direction of Anya’s room. She gripped the amulet in her hand and immediately felt a little nervous. If Anya did summon the storm that was now ravaging the Lodge, that made her potentially dangerous.

“Imagine myself entering her. Imagine myself entering her.” She repeated these words as she walked. Hoping that it wouldn’t come to that. When she arrived, Melanie crept up to Anya’s room and knocked on the door.

“Who is it?” She heard Anya’s Russian accent clearly. Melanie gulped and waited to one side of the door.

“I-I’m here to draw you. It’s Melanie” She hoped this would lower Anya’s guard. Melanie heard the door unlock, and it swung open. She backed away startled a little.

“What did you do to Heather?” Anya demanded. She grabbed Melanie by the collar. “You people did something to her.” Melanie struggled to grab onto the amulet. She felt Anya’s long fingers tighten around her throat.

“I-I-I did-didn’t do anything,” Melanie choked out. Anya immediately let go and pushed her into the room.

“Who did? What is going on?” She demanded. Melanie clutched her throat and coughed, trying to get her breath.

“J-Jezebel. Wanted revenge on Heather…” She started. “Cast a spell on her.”

“A gift of traits. Requires sugar, flour, aloe vera…” Anya started. Repeating some of the ingredients from the spellbook.

“H-how did you know that?” Melanie asked. She was a little shocked at how much Anya knew.

“I stole that from her office.” Anya pointed to the book on her bed. She noticed Melanie’s amulet clasped around the girl's neck. “What is that? Where did you get that?” She demanded, grabbing hold of it. Melanie recoiled back and grasped it in her hands.

“Don’t make me use this against you.” Anya immediately backed away a few feet. She had a suspicion as to what it did. “She gave me this to use on Wanda.”

“Who?” Anya asked, confused.

“The woman I was with, at the restaurant. She’s the host, the one Heather is transforming into.” Anya’s eyes widened; she remembered the enormous obese woman from the previous day.

“Why her? Why, Heather?” Anya asked.

“Heather was a journalist who was going to publish some article talking shit about Jezebel. She wanted revenge, so she got me to grab Wanda’s hair. Only something screwed up, and I had to go back.” The sound of the rain grew harsher, and Melanie heard another thunderclap in the distance. “Did you do that?” She asked, pointing to the window.

“I think your boss did,” Anya said. “The book says something about a storm.” She walked over to the book and opened it back up to chapter 34. “I did not understand.” Anya allowed Melanie to look over Jezebel’s spellbook, still suspiciously eying her amulet. “What does that do?” She asked, pointing to it.

“It takes control of someone’s mind, allows you to invade their thoughts. Jezebel uses it on the guests, like you.” Anya remembered the bright light from Jezebel’s office, wondering if that had something to do with it. “This Temporal Reality storm might explain some things. We have to find a way to get rid of it.”

“We?” Anya asked curiously.

“Yes, we. I need your help.” Melanie said, looking up at the Russian woman.

“My help? With what?” Anya asked. Melanie reached up and grabbed her amulet. Anya recoiled and stepped back, only to have Melanie take it off and thrust it into her hands.

“We are going up to the 6th floor. And we’re going to stop Jezebel and turn off this spell. The one affecting Heather.” Anya was stunned, she looked at the amulet in her hands. “I need you to use this on her.”

• 4 weeks later...

This last month has been killer for me. But I managed to finally bang out the entire climax of the story and fit it neatly into one chapter. There will be two chapters after this, an epilogue for Heather, Anya and Melanie and a final chapter bringing the frame story to a close.

Chapter 16: Ultimatum

“What is on the 6th floor?” Anya asked Melanie curiously. Anya kept the amulet in her hands, running her hands over it. She distinctly remembered it from that day in Jezebel’s office.

“The Boss’s HQ. It’s where she casts her spells from. She keeps watch over the entire hotel like a hawk from there.” Melanie shuddered at the thought of what she contributed to. She didn’t think about the disturbing implications at the time.

“Why did you draw Heather? What did that have to do with this… spell you call it.” Anya asked crossly. “I did not read it in the book.” She said, pointing at the spellbook.

“She keeps a wall of her victims, as they looked before she… changes them. Photographs apparently get affected by the spell, but drawings don’t. Something about how photographs replicate exactly how something looked, whereas there’s interpretation in a drawing. She keeps a room full of them on the 6th floor.”

“I see…” Anya was still confused, but let it go. “What happens when your boss reverses this spell?”

“Everything returns to the way it was.“ Melanie answered. “At least I think so. She kept threatening that would happen.“

“B-but…“ Anya started. “Is that what she wants?“ She remembered how Heather seemingly begged her to be fed. Would she want to go back to the way she was? Was she pleased with her old life? Anya recalled Heather talking about her ex-boyfriend leaving her.

“What are you talking about?!?” Melanie snapped. “You think she’s happy the way she is? Of course, she wants to change back. Who would choose to live like that?" Melanie was dumbfounded at this. She was utterly convinced Anya wanted to waste time.

"We shall ask her," Anya replied. Gripping the amulet now cradled around her neck, almost in a menacing gesture. "Now." Melanie gulped and nodded.

"Fine. But make it quick. It's only a matter of time till Jezebel discovers I'm back."
~~~
Much of Heather's room had changed in Anya's absence. The bed was now in a state of complete disarray. Fast food wrappers littered the ground around it, like a shrine to its inhabitant. Heather lay on top of it in her underwear, casually gorging on a feast of cheeseburgers and milkshakes. Her plump face lit up when Anya entered. Melanie trailed close behind her. The first thing Melanie noticed was an odor, it reminded her of a familiar smell from the previous night.

"You're back!" She said enthusiastically. "I got delivery." Anya gazed upon Heather and thought to herself. I've created a monster. She motioned quickly to her companion.

"This is Melanie. She works for Jezebel..." Melanie now stood right next to her. "We have something to tell you."

"You've been put under a spell, and I participated. I wanted to apologize for my involvement and..." Anya cut her off.

"Heather. The hotel owner did something. It caused you to change. When I first met you, you were skinny as a rail." Anya said. Heather gave her a look of bewilderment.

"That doesn't sound like me." She laughed suddenly. It was almost like a cough, like a horse neigh. Melanie recognize it instantly and winced. "When we met, you thrashed me at pool and then took me to dinner." She grinned broadly.

"N...no, you beat me that night. This is part of it. Things were different days ago." Anya pleaded with Heather, but her joyful expression didn't abate.

"This is a waste of time Anya, we have to go to the 6th floor now." Melanie snapped at her companion. "Once we're done, Heather will become the journalist again."

"Journalist? That doesn't sound like me. I didn't even graduate high school." Heather said, laughing again. "I dropped out when I found out I could make a living eating on camera." She sat up and jiggled her distended belly with the grace of an ox. Anya looked over to Melanie and noticed she bit her lip sharply. Is she horny? She thought, although quickly dismissed it. Anya sat down next to Heather.

"H-Heather..." Anya started. "Would you prefer to live in a world where we are not together. But you are a talented and successful writer, with sharp distinctive features. But you would be friendless and alone. Or, would you prefer to live with me, as you are right now." Heather's expression changed as Anya spoke. A tear streamed down Anya's eye, it was just like when they were in the pool.

"I would do anything to be with you, Anya. I love you." Heather replied, almost immediately. "I don't want to be anyone else." Anya gave her a hug, more tears had flowed.

"I... I will be back." Anya said to Heather. She got up slowly from the bed and walked over to Melanie. "The two of us have an errand to run. Then... we can start our new life together, zaika."

"Let's go," Melanie said. Her tone had softened somewhat since before.

"Don't be too long, darling..." Heather said, there was a tone of anxiety in her throat. "Please come back soon."

"I will," Anya replied. The two of them left the room.
~~~

"Satisfied?" Anya asked. They were walking away from Heather's hotel room.

"Y-yeah..." Melanie said. She was shocked at how much Heather resembled Wanda now. Not just in appearance and mannerisms but also personality. Wanda was soft and wanted so badly to be loved. The way Heather looked back at them, wishing they wouldn't leave. It was like a dog looking at its master. "We still have to stop the storm. It will destroy the hotel if we don't do anything." Anya nodded.

"Lead the way. How do we get up to the 6th floor?" Melanie motioned to a nearby elevator.

"This way." She pulled an ordinary key out of her pocket. The two of them entered the elevator, and Melanie inserted it into a slot. A soft beep sounded in the cab before the elevator started to rise. The red LCD of the elevator read "6". Anya gripped the amulet around her neck, her heart pounded. There was no going back now. The elevator doors opened, and the two women stepped out. "This is the hidden 6th floor," Melanie said to Anya. The first thing they noticed was the place was deserted. Theo's desk was vacant, and there was an eerie quiet around the place. "Where is she?" Melanie asked suddenly, fear gripped her voice. She fully expected Theo and Jezebel to be pouring over the monitors watching the hotel. And yet, there was nobody here.

"Where is this spell you spoke of?" Anya asked. Melanie pointed to a doorway on her right.

"Over there, the office space. That's where she kept it." The two of them marched over, and Melanie was shocked by what she saw. The tables of the office space were littered in bowls. Bright lights flashed in all of them. "How many spells did she cast?"

"Too many..." a hoarse voice sounded. Anya and Melanie looked toward a dark corner of the office, a figure was slumped there. Melanie shrieked as she saw her boss Jezebel, only she looked completely different. Jezebel was an older woman, but now she looked geriatric. She was thin as a rail and was balding. Her skin hung onto her bones and drooped down like rubber. She was covered in liver spots.

"What happened to you?" Melanie asked, rushing over.

"T-thaumaturgy." Jezebel struggled to say any words. Anya noticed the old woman's teeth had fallen out, with only a thick purple tongue appearing in her mouth. "...takes something... from you..."

"What?" Melanie asked.

"T-time... it takes... time..." She said. "I tried... getting back time... and it didn't work..." Her eyes closed, and drool started to appear from her mouth.

"There's a storm coming. It's going to destroy the lodge. You caused it." Melanie shrieked at her. "How do we stop it?"

"You... can't stop it... You can barely move it." Jezebel choked out. "Barry was right... I should have burned that book... when I saw it..." She closed her
eyes, and a sigh exhaled from her throat. She slumped over and Melanie shook the old woman's frail body.

"What the hell are you talking about, wake up." But it was futile. She was dead. Anya looked over at the bowls and noticed the lights had vanished in all but one of them. A crude doll sat inside of it. She walked over and saw a mass of glowing red hair sitting inside of it. The mixture was transparent with the same consistency as water.

"What do we do now?" Anya asked.

"We're too late by the looks of it. We can't change Heather back if we wanted to." Melanie was sorrowful. She wanted to punish Jezebel, but now she had the last laugh. "Give me the key to your room, we're going to cast another spell."

"And do what?" Anya asked.

"You heard her; we can't stop it. So, we're going to move it."
~~~
Trees had been knocked over in the intervening time since they left. Gusts of wind pelted the hotel regularly; it was so loud that Melanie was terrified the elevator would stop or get stuck on the way down. She retrieved the spell book from Anya's room and brought it back to the 6th floor. Anya had since moved to the room with the drawings, where Heather's was hung on the wall. She was still gazing upon it when Melanie returned.

"I think I have something," Melanie said. She had flipped through the book to a place talking about the weather. "It means "A gift of daylight."

"This incantation affects time and space in such a way that the weather pattern will shift. This causes rain to disappear. This does not remove the rain, rather it adjusts space/time, so a sunny day in the past is traded."

"That sounds perfect," Anya said enthusiastically. "How do we use it."

"It requires a lock of someone's hair. And some ingredients." They walked back to the office and noticed Jezebel had Theo bring up more sugar and turpentine. "It looks like she has everything we need here."

"But the old woman grew older..." Anya said. "Will that happen to us?" Melanie nodded and reached for a pair of scissors nearby.

"I'll do it." She said. Cutting a slice of her hair. "I... caused this." Anya watched as she placed the lock of her hair into the bowl. "Jezebel gifted me my art skills, she gifted me time I don't deserve. I didn't spend decades practicing. I need to give that back." Anya stepped away from Melanie as she poured the ingredients.

"But... how old will it make you? To change the weather?" She asked.

"We'll just have to do it and see..." Melanie replied softly. She finished pouring and moved the bowl into the center of the room. "Can you check on Heather's spell. Is the mixture still transparent?" Anya walked over to the bowl and gasped.

"There's nothing in it." The doll had vanished from the bowl, along with the hair and mixture. It was completely empty.

"Looks like the spell is complete, Heather is now Wanda..." Melanie said. There was a hint of pleasure in her voice as she thought back to when Heather jiggled her belly. "Let's make sure the storm doesn't destroy the place while we're at it." She said. She set the new bowl down and moved her hands over it. Before she started to speak.

"Jantar... Azelboath" The mixture inside the bowl began to glow. Both Melanie and Anya felt their hair stand on end. "Anacroth. Belmoath..." The monitors on the tables began to flicker on, random lines of code flickered on their displays. Anya felt the hotel shake as the storm outside still kept going.

"It is not working." She pleaded.

"Kalaroth. Decath... Asam...boath," Melanie struggled to say the last words. She felt the wind almost knocked out of her. The sound of the wind outside the hotel stopped. Anya gasped. Melanie fell to her knees and cried from a sudden pain in her chest.

"That should... that should do it." She said. Anya helped her to her feet. "H-how do I look?" She asked. Anya saw that Melanie had more visible wrinkles like she was now in her thirties.

"Still beautiful." She smiled. "Thank you." Anya hugged Melanie. It was finally over.