Quantcast
Jump to content
Porky Princess

Are SSBBWs welcome on curvage?

62 posts / 1612 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

It’s an interesting debate and I seem to remember speaking to @KittyPiggy about this a few weeks ago. I 100% think this is the place for SSBBW’s, and many other categories too. The problem I feel is with a large number of individuals, who will push and push a model and support them fully until they reach a very specific size or number, and when they’ve reached that number, they simple move onto another smaller model to repeat the process all over again. For those individuals, it’s the actually process of gaining to a set size/number that thrills them. They reach that goal and then the interest is gone.

Whilst I kinda understand that mentality to a point, I would also never suddenly “disown” a model once they reached that number. For me, if they decide to keep going, that is an absolute win, and I’d be even more inclined to support them after that. 
I think another issue dates back to when this forum first started in the “fat celebs” days. The site was often filled with much smaller women with very slight gains. And I’d imagine that most of those people are still around here, and are probably only interested in gains of that nature. Fair enough, I guess. 

But yeah, guys, if you support a model, don’t be a dick and abandon them when you’ve got your kicks. These are people, many of whom rely on this industry to either live, or keep gaining. They give us a lot for free to let’s be honest. Least we can do is be behind them and support them best we can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I myself am not too into SSBBWs and indeed feel like the process of gaining is sexier than the final goal itself, that's why i fantasize sometimes of gaining a lot of weight and then lose it all just to regain it lol

But i don't support monetarily anyone here, so i don't think my opinion is important at all.

EDIT: Felt like editing because i wanted to point out that i actually AM into SSBBWs, what i meant is that... well, i'm not too into them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, John Smith said:

We also have to thank @thadrou90 amongst the regular forum users. He's doing a lot from his side to promote heavier BBWs and SSBBWs of all shapes. 

Thanks, John, I appreciate that! You do much the same, and I'm glad you do.

I defer to the models and the mods on what's best in terms of revamping how the site runs. In terms of the culture of the site, though, I do think over the years the average content has featured heavier and heavier models and celebs. I feel like that's been true in porn and paysites, too, and even in body positive and fat positive spaces. More and more visibility and representation of people on the fatter end.

That said, I do think there's still a certain amount of "skinny privilege," even in BBW-centered spaces like this, and we have to believe the models when they say they get less attention as they get bigger. The more the mods can do to feature them, and the more we can do to show love for the biggest women, bit by bit we can push back against that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Curvage has an unwarranted reputation for not being welcoming to SSBBWs which has been spread by certain models and rival sites, yes back in the day when this place was called Fatcelebs you didn't see a lot of SSBBWs on this site nor were there a lot of members that were into them but back then it was a completely different forum that cattered to, like the name suggests, primarily celebrities gaining weight, it wasn't until this place changed its name to Curvage and that you saw more SSBBWs around here and more fans of them. 

Now with that being said that doesn't mean we didn't have popular SSBBW members back then, who in some cases owe their modeling careers to Curvage/Fatcelebs, the first one that comes to mind is Plump Princess who at one point and time had this place wrapped around her little pinky, she was literally worshiped as a goddess and I do not exaggerate when I say she could have created her cult with the members here, another one is Bigcutie Jae, her gain was well documented here and her thread was massive which caught the attention of Heather Boyle which resulted in Jae becoming a Bigcutie and having a ten year plus career as model, the last one I like to mention is Bigcutie Sadie, now I am cheating a bit because I don't think she's ever been a member here or at the very least not a very active one but if it wasn't for the thread I made about her when she started modeling for Bighotbombshells it's possible her modeling could have gone nowhere, because like the Browns when it comes to QBs, Bighotbombshells is where your career goes to die, I'm not tooting my horn here guys if it wasn't for that good word mouth that thread created she might have modeled for a couple of months and quit.

In closing as someone who's been a part of the BBW/FA community since the year 2000 I can say definitely that SSBBWs have the longevity over plumpers as models, I have seen plumpers come and go in droves over years while seen more and more SSBBWs have ten plus year careers or more in the business, in a way it's like the story of the tortoise and the hare, plumpers my get more attention early on but once that shine wears off they tend to spit while the slow and steady SSBBWs wins out because they are in it for the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not about size, it's also about beauty. But people are conflating size acceptance or fat fetishism in others with inability to perceive and enjoy beauty. Hence the confusion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mtax said:

It's not about size, it's also about beauty. But people are conflating size acceptance or fat fetishism in others with inability to perceive and enjoy beauty. Hence the confusion. 

 

What does you mean? Than heavier BBWs are not attractive??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Smith said:

What does you mean? Than heavier BBWs are not attractive??

No, that to us attraction isn't simple weight more towards what we think is ideal equals more attraction, but it's a combination of beauty and weight trending towards what we see as ideal. And there's also personality, or at least voice. SexySignature had such a horrible voice & affect that I'm pretty sure it affected her  earnings from adult content negatively. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 3:22 PM, thadrou90 said:

Thanks, John, I appreciate that! You do much the same, and I'm glad you do.

I defer to the models and the mods on what's best in terms of revamping how the site runs. In terms of the culture of the site, though, I do think over the years the average content has featured heavier and heavier models and celebs. I feel like that's been true in porn and paysites, too, and even in body positive and fat positive spaces. More and more visibility and representation of people on the fatter end.

That said, I do think there's still a certain amount of "skinny privilege," even in BBW-centered spaces like this, and we have to believe the models when they say they get less attention as they get bigger. The more the mods can do to feature them, and the more we can do to show love for the biggest women, bit by bit we can push back against that.

There is no skinny privilige at Curvage. There's no rules or regulations on this forum that positively affect smaller people and negatively affect bigger people.

Everything else is up to the size preference of the people that frequent Curvage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vennie said:

There is no skinny privilige at Curvage. There's no rules or regulations on this forum that positively affect smaller people and negatively affect bigger people.

Everything else is up to the size preference of the people that frequent Curvage.

 

Hi Vennie, it wasn’t about the rules it was more a question of do curvage members want SSBBWs or is the general consensus that they prefer slim curvy etc. And bigger models should use different sites that’s all I was wondering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Porky Princess said:

Hi Vennie, it wasn’t about the rules it was more a question of do curvage members want SSBBWs or is the general consensus that they prefer slim curvy etc. And bigger models should use different sites that’s all I was wondering. 

I would suggest doing a poll.

But to be honest, we have admirers of the female form all over the size spectrum. And since ssbbw are more outside 'the norm' as smaller bbw's, it follows that ssbbw's are going to have comparetively less attention than smaller bbw's. This would be simple statistics.

However, as mentioned before, alot of the now 'famous' bbw/ssbbw have found their start here. I'm talking plump princess, foxy roxxie, BC boberry, BC becca, BC cailtin, and so on.
They were loved just as much, if not more than the smaller bbw's, especially because this preference/fetish has an inherent upward drive weight-wise (gaining), even in people's preferences. I  remember starting out in 2001 liking girls about 250 lb, maybe, and now I'm up twice that. Do the math ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Let me ask this... what is the definition of " Curvage "... look in the Dictionary...

How about this idea ??!!!... Categories...

I have zero idea how you would denote categories... and I fully realize that it may create some divisiveness...

There are a few sites I won't name that have different groups all over the spectrum for any preferences...

I haven't seen any input from the admin people here yet... I would think that their input would be necessary to effect any changes and/or improvements...

Just my two cents...💚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jimmy Irish said:

 

Let me ask this... what is the definition of " Curvage "... look in the Dictionary...

How about this idea ??!!!... Categories...

I have zero idea how you would denote categories... and I fully realize that it may create some divisiveness...

There are a few sites I won't name that have different groups all over the spectrum for any preferences...

I haven't seen any input from the admin people here yet... I would think that their input would be necessary to effect any changes and/or improvements...

Just my two cents...💚

Curvage is a successor website to "FatCelebs" , which covers heavier women of any subclade of the weight spectrum.

And to be honest, I've had three of my threads deleted these past eight months by popular opinion or mods themselves because the curvy women I was posting weren't obese (**ahem** TOMI LAHREN!!) . In the meantime, I myself as well as several other forum-goers posted threads about women who were too even thin or muscular to carry any sliver of curves (**ahem** TAYLOR SWIFT!!) .

Your argument does not fit with the modus operandi of what the mods and admin expects from this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.