Are SSBBWs welcome on curvage?

Guest Porky Princess

Guest Porky Princess

I’ve had a few discussions with a few models lately and I know I’m not alone in thinking this. Is Curvage for ssbbws as well as the thick girls, the slim girls who are gaining etc?? 

It just appears recently that the smaller girls are so popular and are doing so well for themselves. This isn’t a criticism these girls are gorgeous!! And every model I’ve spoken to has been so lovely 💗

I just feel that recently, us bigger girls don’t appear to be as popular in the home feed as the thinner girls. I know it’s not just size and obviously content is important. It’s just I’ve noticed particularly with newbies the skinnier girls tend to do better than the bigger girls straight away!

If this is the case does this mean we should be posting elsewhere as curvage members are no longer the target audience? 

Just interested to get people’s views ☺️

Guest BingeBabe

Such an interesting point! Coincidence as I've literally heard a few people say the exact same thing, but more so they were upset about girls who are more 'pretending' they want to gain but really just eating on camera which anyone can do. 

Personally i think it's completely fine if a underweight/skinny girl was to make content if she GENUIINELY had intention to gain or enjoyed the feedism lifestyle etc, and it's important to have a variety of shapes and sizes, but when it comes to them quite clearly misleading people and if someone was to buy their content because said model was pretending they want to gain or appreciate curves, but in real life wants to lose weight/stay thin and refers to this as just a 'job' and 'acting' then that's not ok

Guest Porky Princess
9 minutes ago, BingeBabe said:

Such an interesting point! Coincidence as I've literally heard a few people say the exact same thing, but more so they were upset about girls who are more 'pretending' they want to gain but really just eating on camera which anyone can do. 

Personally i think it's completely fine if a underweight/skinny girl was to make content if she GENUIINELY had intention to gain or enjoyed the feedism lifestyle etc, and it's important to have a variety of shapes and sizes, but when it comes to them quite clearly misleading people and if someone was to buy their content because said model was pretending they want to gain or appreciate curves, but in real life wants to lose weight/stay thin and refers to this as just a 'job' and 'acting' then that's not ok

Agreed hun! 💗

I’m all for body positivity and having a wide range of body types represented. Just has me thinking if that’s the type of body that is getting the most representation at the moment then maybe I should be on another site?

Guest BingeBabe
1 minute ago, Porky Princess said:

Agreed hun! 💗

I’m all for body positivity and having a wide range of body types represented. Just has me thinking if that’s the type of body that is getting the most representation at the moment then maybe I should be on another site?

I know exactly! I suppose who is popular and who isn't is a reflection of the customers/audiance/members/buyers, so maybe they are looking for small girls? or maybe because there are a lot of gentlemen here they see a skinny girl who is saying she soooo desperately wants to be obese and some kind of hero complex makes them want to help and focus on them x

In my perception of things, curvage has always been a site featuring curvy woman and smaller BBWs. Bless them, they are gorgeous! And I’m happy for the haven full-figured beauties and admirers entertain here. 

Having said that, as a longtime member, I was not much of a regular visitor for a long time because I was looking for BBWs on the heavier side, and for SSBBWs. I was delighted to discover about a year ago that Curvage started to feature heavier women - and in that regard, I am very thankful for the pioneer work the two of you are leading, among other models. So I ask you to consider that you may be pioneers at this site, and I hope we can all get along in a spirit of mutual appreciation, and make this a paradise for models of all sizes and their admirers!

Thank you all, thank you Curvage!

Guest Porky Princess

Thank you for your input. And yes mutual appreciation and a paradise for all models is exactly what I want and what I thought curvage was when I joined. 
I’m just worried about posting my content if I’m honest if curvage is actually for the smaller models.

• Curvage Model

I'm so glad someone has started having this conversation as it has been on my mind a lot recently. 

Speaking from somebody that started kind of on the smaller side (239lbs) and is now much heavier (300lbs+), my personal experience has been that people were really excited about my gain for the first 60lbs or so. I have to admit though that since breaching the 300lb mark, people that were following my weight gain closely and loving my content slowly started to lose interest.

It has made me question the same thing, whether or not this is still the best platform for me as I start to creep towards being an SSBBW (not quite there yet!). .

I'm completely with you in regards to smaller models, they are gorgeous and if they're seriously interested in gaining the weight then amazing! However, if they are just creating 'fantasy' content and not actually intending to gain then I feel like they should be transparent about that. 🤷‍♀️

Guest ssbbwlove

As you could probably tell from my username, I prefer SSBBWs and definitely follow the larger women on here more closely (only exceptions are those gaining quickly and to a super sized goal). However, I know quite a few folks’ preferences on here is usually capped around 300 which is like a soft minimum for me (400-500s are perfection to me). Those people make me feel like an odd man out, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for SSBBWs and SSBBW admirers alike. 

Guest Porky Princess

2 minutes ago, KittyPiggy said:

I'm so glad someone has started having this conversation as it has been on my mind a lot recently. 

Speaking from somebody that started kind of on the smaller side (239lbs) and is now much heavier (300lbs+), my personal experience has been that people were really excited about my gain for the first 60lbs or so. I have to admit though that since breaching the 300lb mark, people that were following my weight gain closely and loving my content slowly started to lose interest.

It has made me question the same thing, whether or not this is still the best platform for me as I start to creep towards being an SSBBW (not quite there yet!). .

I'm completely with you in regards to smaller models, they are gorgeous and if they're seriously interested in gaining the weight then amazing! However, if they are just creating 'fantasy' content and not actually intending to gain then I feel like they should be transparent about that. 🤷‍♀️

I’m so glad you’ve commented hun! Just because I know you used to be smaller and have a huge following. Part of me has thought well maybe it’s just me, maybe I’m not attractive and people aren’t as interested as I thought they may be😂 

And yes some gorgeous smaller models and I do hope it’s genuine as there’s so many genuine models on here who enjoy curvage!! 
Ive been considering the platform for a while so I’m glad you’ve responded 😘

• Curvage Model
6 minutes ago, Porky Princess said:

maybe I’m not attractive and people aren’t as interested as I thought they may be😂 

Well this is just not true, you're gorgeous! 

And just as a slight side note, it's not to say that everyone on here is only interested in the smaller models. I do also have so many amazing followers on here that are SO supportive of us plumper ladies that make this site an absolute pleasure to be on! 

It's just at times it can be super frustrating to feel like you'd be better off being smaller on a site like this. 🤯

Guest Porky Princess
11 minutes ago, KittyPiggy said:

Well this is just not true, you're gorgeous! 

And just as a slight side note, it's not to say that everyone on here is only interested in the smaller models. I do also have so many amazing followers on here that are SO supportive of us plumper ladies that make this site an absolute pleasure to be on! 

It's just at times it can be super frustrating to feel like you'd be better off being smaller on a site like this. 🤯

You’re the sweetest 😘

And omg yes!! That’s my point sooooo frustrating!! Thanks again 😘x

• Curvage Model

I think, and this may be controversial, that there’s a lot of privilege held by smaller fats and slim thick girls. For myself (I’ve talked about this on other platforms) it’s very disheartening to put work into my content and myself and still not revive as much credit as a slim thick who posts the same 3 pictures. A lot of slim thick folks have the ability to navigate other platforms and types of work. As someone who also makes BDSM (another kink of mine) videos, I’m very unsuccessful in those areas because of my size. 

It’s harsh and I get it, but I’m tired of experiencing fatphobia in the daily world, then to come to a place that’s supposed to reward my body type, only to still have it placed secondary to smaller girls. As I’ve gained recently I’ve noticed less support, and I don’t really know what my place here is anymore.

Also to echo @KittyPiggy I don’t think all my followers are this way at all, and I’m very grateful of the love and support! 

I can say with absolute confidence that there are an abundant number of folks here who are interested in SSBBW and beyond. (which includes myself!)

We have a 400+ thread that has been highly successful.

I can see that many of the larger models do indeed have a growing fan base, so I am really confused as to what is being used to gauge some of the comments here. Home page likes?

Don't confuse the struggle that goes on there for being related to size. I get messages all the time from MANY models asking how they can be more popular on the home page. It might seem like others are getting all the love, but it's not like that. Everyone puts in effort there because they want the reputation it brings.

Please don't be discouraged!

I will say it seems like new faces can get attention more easily but it's not weight related. I think naturally folks want to roll out the welcome carpet for new people in hopes they will get comfortable and stay. It's just the nature of the game. But if you're getting new followers things are going well because your fan BASE is growing and that shouldn't be ignored.

I hope this helps some.

Guest BingeBabe

@FattyFreya That was perfectly said!!! I agree girl. Also, can we not forget to mention how easy it is to use unflattering angles if we are below 200lbs to make ourselves look really bloated or fat, just by sitting down and puffing out your stomach. But most of the time I can smell unauthenticity from a mile away... It's just frustrating that they can literally post one gif per day and no content, and end up with more followers than those who post thought out, quality 15 min videos (for less than 10 dollars usually!!!). crazy x

@KittyPiggy 100000% agree with you! 

• Curvage Model

Also wanna hold space for anyone that is larger than me. If there are things I can do to be more supportive or better, please let me know! 

I’m also open to discussing this more! I’m so glad you kicked off this convo @Porky Princess! DOING THE WORK! 💖💖 I’ve felt this way for a minute and I thought I was going crazy.

Not that my opinion carries any weight (hilarious pun *bows*) but having been a long time member and infrequent visitor, I have to say I absolutely love that there are more BBWs and SSBBWs on here now than in previous years. I used to log in semi regularly and the site seemed very centred around slim or slightly chubby women, which whilst there is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all, it wasn't what I was looking for. Fast forward a few years and Curvage Clips is a thing and suddenly there are some of the most beautiful BBWs and SSBBWs posting content and it's kept me here up to now. So to the models in this thread and not in this thread who represent the bigger side of the community, thank you! You are amazing and this place absolutely wouldn't be the same without you! 

Guest Porky Princess

Your post is literally where I am at. I’m so glad it’s not just me. 
I feel I put so much effort in and yeah like you said the slim thick chick can post one pic and get a much better reaction. And that’s the point platforms for smaller girls are readily available whereas they’re not for us and it can be so disheartening. 
And agreed - the followers I have are so supportive and are amazing and this is not at all a dig at them 💗

Guest BingeBabe

@S77 That's actually a really good point, new faces get lots of love because they are shiny like a new toy, i didn't think about that.. 👍🏼 I would of suggested Maybe there could be a leaderboard for most popular ssbbw's of the week seperate from the other, but that's just segregation and making people feel more labelled, so I guess it's just a matter of posting good content and maybe SSBBW thread's & catagories and advertising to the right people who are looking for that xx

Guest grateful
2 hours ago, Porky Princess said:

I’ve had a few discussions with a few models lately and I know I’m not alone in thinking this. Is Curvage for ssbbws as well as the thick girls, the slim girls who are gaining etc?? 

It just appears recently that the smaller girls are so popular and are doing so well for themselves. This isn’t a criticism these girls are gorgeous!! And every model I’ve spoken to has been so lovely 💗

I just feel that recently, us bigger girls don’t appear to be as popular in the home feed as the thinner girls. I know it’s not just size and obviously content is important. It’s just I’ve noticed particularly with newbies the skinnier girls tend to do better than the bigger girls straight away!

If this is the case does this mean we should be posting elsewhere as curvage members are no longer the target audience? 

Just interested to get people’s views ☺️

Not at all:  there are degrees of maturity in FA ism as in all areas of life. What you are seeing is the thrill of sudden weight gain which appeals to new folks discovering their love of fat - I believe you will find that FA's with more experience general have grown to appreciate those substantial long term gains and have a great appreciation for those whose life style by necessity involves a constant consideration of their size.

Also more mature FA's appreciate more mature large women and SSBBW suggests living the life some time rather than a fling.

SSBBW's please don't go!  Your presence here is what will popularize SSBBW's. The world should see you!

I think gains are exciting for anyone, but truth be known,  for the long haul I am for SSBBWs - there's nothing so beautiful and special and rare..

My 2 cents thanks for a great post! 

Obviously speaking for myself here but I've never felt this site catered to the smaller size range.  But I've also stopped browsing the feed as much because it has gotten too cluttered for me.  I am more often excited about the bigger women on here and in general because the more woman the merrier, but also because the slim gainers are more often flakier which is to expected. Pure speculation, but the recent slim gainer trend can simply be the result of previously unmet demand.  If there's been an influx of new members too, that can also be having a skewing effect.  I know that when I first started out that the slim girl goes gainer idea excited me.  As a counter to this I think there is untapped potential for ssbbw's here.  Just as an example, I think that if boberry decided started posting in the feed the site would go wild.

Guest BingeBabe

Or instead of the ssbbw title for leaderboards, use our weight in our bio as a gauge as to what leaderboard to put us in, 'most popular models' and have a 200lb and below catagory, a 300-400 catagory and then a 400+ lol. That idea needs work but something like this, so members can navigate way more easily towards their type of model. Not only does it help us girls, it helps bring more customers to the site for content because they can possibly find a girl they never could before x

This is all of our site to make what we want of it.

The mods and myself are all here for you. We are all here for the same reason really. We love Curvy women.

We want this to be a safe and welcoming place for women of all sizes to feel comfortable, empowered and admired.

I say let's just keep working together to make this the best place online for you all to thrive. You have my 100% support.

If there are ideas, or ways to improve things just let us know because we hear you and are all here for you!

• Curvage Model
5 minutes ago, S77 said:

I can say with absolute confidence that there are an abundant number of folks here who are interested in SSBBW and beyond. (which includes myself!)

We have a 400+ thread that has been highly successful.

I can see that many of the larger models do indeed have a growing fan base, so I am really confused as to what is being used to gauge some of the comments here. Home page likes?

Don't confuse the struggle that goes on there for being related to size. I get messages all the time from MANY models asking how they can be more popular on the home page. It might seem like others are getting all the love, but it's not like that. Everyone puts in effort there because they want the reputation it brings.

Please don't be discouraged!

I will say it seems like new faces can get attention more easily but it's not weight related. I think naturally folks want to roll out the welcome carpet for new people in hopes they will get comfortable and stay. It's just the nature of the game. But if you're getting new followers things are going well because your fan BASE is growing and that shouldn't be ignored.

I hope this helps some.

I’m basing a lot of this off engagement. Homepage post likes and comments and followers. It also just feels like my posts keep getting buried because some folks need to post the same picture often. 

Is there a possible way we can kick this post, or a similar one to models only?

I’m so sorry to hear your hearts pouring out, @Porky Princess @BingeBabe @KittyPiggy @FattyFreya

Maybe we need to bring in more admirers like @CFH, @ssbbwlove, and myself. As CFH said...

3 minutes ago, CFH said:

Not that my opinion carries any weight (hilarious pun *bows*) but having been a long time member and infrequent visitor, I have to say I absolutely love that there are more BBWs and SSBBWs on here now than in previous years. I used to log in semi regularly and the site seemed very centred around slim or slightly chubby women, which whilst there is absolutely nothing wrong with that at all, it wasn't what I was looking for. Fast forward a few years and Curvage Clips is a thing and suddenly there are some of the most beautiful BBWs and SSBBWs posting content and it's kept me here up to now. So to the models in this thread and not in this thread who represent the bigger side of the community, thank you! You are amazing and this place absolutely wouldn't be the same without you! 

exactly - we’re not used to being around much, so far!