Has anyone watched/know about Hot and Heavy?

Guest ssbbwlove

Guest ssbbwlove

My significant other and I were scrolling through Hulu shows and saw it and were appalled by the description. I don’t have it word for word, but it was similar to the one Google pulls up:

“Three couples, where the men are hot and the women are obese, endure strain on their relationships and attempt to overcome adversity; the lovers struggle to conceive, endure backlash from friends and family, and suffer a nasty public attack.”

We were both appalled that they implied fat women can’t be hot, too and agreed the description was in poor taste. I’m a little curious about it, though because I feel like you rarely see FA’s and fat women in the spotlight and hope the show has more of a positive outlook on everything. It looks like the first episode is out; has anyone watched it? And if so, is it worth a watch?

Guest Robert572
2 minutes ago, ssbbwlove said:

My significant other and I were scrolling through Hulu shows and saw it and were appalled by the description. I don’t have it word for word, but it was similar to the one Google pulls up:

“Three couples, where the men are hot and the women are obese, endure strain on their relationships and attempt to overcome adversity; the lovers struggle to conceive, endure backlash from friends and family, and suffer a nasty public attack.”

We were both appalled that they implied fat women can’t be hot, too and agreed the description was in poor taste. I’m a little curious about it, though because I feel like you rarely see FA’s and fat women in the spotlight and hope the show has more of a positive outlook on everything. It looks like the first episode is out; has anyone watched it? And if so, is it worth a watch?

I don’t think it has came out yet but I’ve been wanting to watch and see what it was all about.

The men on the show are so enthusiastic about their girlfriends fat bodies it's definitely going to be a major eye opener for a lot of people. They made a lot of sexual innuendos basically referring to their girlfriends fat as being a huge turn on and made remarks like "I actually wish she was bigger" etc. This will be shocking to hear for most as the women are already like 500 lbs

Guest ssbbwlove

I guess spoiler warning if people want to watch it. Watched the first episode. Other than the “juxtaposition” they’re trying to play up with the “hot guy and fat girl,” I think it’s decent. I’m glad the show recognizes people like us exist that prefer larger women, but it kinda rubs me the wrong way that two of the guys are being portrayed as being kinda shitty (one is acting like an ass about a potential bariatric surgery and the other one comes off as hot headed). Chris and Joy seem like the best couple and tbh, most of what they showed of them was more about the social aspect which I enjoyed more. They do talk about health issues which always puts this whole fetish into a murky spot morally and while I get that’s essential for documenting something like this, it definitely was the part I liked the least (but I’m pretty sure that’s mostly due to the moral murkiness of it all). I hope if anything people get from this is the message sprinkled through some of the show that the world isn’t kind to fat women (people are rude, it’s harder for them in certain situations that don’t cater to their size, and they struggle with confidence). 

• 1 month later...

The show was ok, but you could tell that it followed a fairly scripted routine. There were three couples presented each in different scenarios.  One couple wanted children and after going to a fertility doctor (or so you assume) she was told it was all because she was overweight and if she wanted to have children she had to have bariatric surgery (and she was not given any other alternatives, and by the look of it the doctor didn't do any other workup, so I was fairly disgusted at this, and if our fertility doctor had tried that I probably would have punched him in the face).  The other couple were about to get engaged, and the third couple had a child together. 

The couple that were getting married the to be mother in law was trying to convince the bride to lose weight (again by bariatric surgery, because there obviously is no other way and she had the surgery a few years ago herself... I'm also so glad that they really learned the long term effects of bariatric surgery so that they could learn all the risks involved (like you'd get this in a reality show, but I'm forever hopeful for more reality in reality tv...).  The third couple had more issues with being bullied growing up, and jealousy in regards to the male character speaking to his ex-gf...

All in all it did broach "real" subjects, but it didn't take you very far down the rabbit hole.  Some of the scenarios were obviously very scripted, but if you want to watch tv with some good looking overweight females (in some revealing clothing) this show might be for you.  I'd give it somewhere between a 5.5 to a 6 out of 10.