BMI numbers seem unrealistically low, as to what's overweight, obese etc !

FatadmirerDoug

I'm spinning it a bit and trying to see it from a woman's point of view, one that doesn't want to fall into the overweight or obese category !

We all know the breakpoints, using standard BMI a 5'5" woman ( or man) fits here...

Underweight is below 112

Normal is 112-149

Overweight is 150-179

Obese is 180 +

To me ...

150 is slim

180 is pretty average and far from fat.

200 is noticeably plump

225 is ideal

250 is a point where I want her start to maintain and not get any fatter, I never ask her to gain or lose, but it's hard fot her to not notice the extra lbs don't bother me !

Anorexic bmi starts at 17.5,  yet most models fall at or below that range which is really disturbing. Kendall Jenner wouldn't be considered overweight until she reached 175 lbs (she's currently more like 115 lbs). When society thinks it's totally fine for models to be that skinny, the whole system is bound to be fucked lol

11 hours ago, Gusto said:

Anorexic bmi starts at 17.5,  yet most models fall at or below that range which is really disturbing. Kendall Jenner wouldn't be considered overweight until she reached 175 lbs (she's currently more like 115 lbs). When society thinks it's totally fine for models to be that skinny, the whole system is bound to be fucked lol

I can see a woman that doesn't want to be fat and is into fitness and being healthy and having that bikini body so many chicks would kill for. Jenner at 5' 10" and 115 is not at a fit and healthy weight ! 

Women certainly don't have to be under a 25 BMI to get men, there are tons of guys that have no problem with 20-50 lbs over that, I'm fine with 100, many others want much more than that..

Average woman is like 5'4" and 170 or so which is something like a 28.

Something like 70 percent of middle aged woman are overweight. Fat is normal if normal equals average.

180-190 for a 5'7 woman is a normal weight. That's what I find. Those low numbers they promote? Unreal. When my wife was 185 she already had a face where you think "are you alright? are you ill?"

It's sad that generations of girls keep growing up with the thin ideal, even starting to diet before they hit puberty. Insane.

If she can't hold and lift her belly with both hands, she's not done yet.

160 is what BMI says is the borderline from normal to overweight, 20-30 past that  is average. A woman with those numbers would to be not overweight at all !

I don't care what friends, family or other people think if I choose to date/ marry a woman that is 75-125 lbs overweight that's my business.

I've always liked plump women, I'm not sure exactly why however !

Even as a boy of about 13 I'd see that famous poster of Farrah Fawcet and think wow she'd be even better if she gained 25 lbs !

My tastes have only increased for larger women over the years, yet somehow I always wind up with the slender chick almost always, was married to a very pettite woman for 17 years. 

I think there are a lot of skinny to barely overweight chicks that have a fetish for fat guys ? Maybe they feel good about their bodies when with a truly fat guy ?

it is true that the bmi has a lot of flaws, never mind what we would consider the ideal one and the one recommnded by the socalled experts. but it does has some utility when trying to compare two different persons. that is how we forgive luna for not reaching 600pounds and that is why i am ok with my wife bmi at over 35 even do of course i would like her to gain at leat a hundred pounds more. 

BMI is somewhat useful to say a physician as starting consideration to evaluate how fat the patient currently is, it's not an issue between me and my doctor who is also pretty fat, she can't give me too much grief about my weight when she is like a good 75 lbs overweight herself, I'd love to comingulate with her ! Not a word, I made it up, but the meaning is clear. I checked in at 335, was 332 6 months ago, she barely mentioned it, and knows it ain't gonna change ! I love this woman and look forward to my next visit, she's out of my league but ideal, actually an APRN, not an MD, but when you can prescribe meds, you're a doctor in my book.

It looks like this forum is populated by almost exclusively men, that I'd guess are really into the SSBBW scene and not satisfied with just 100 extra lbs ?

Most likely primarily white guys under 40 or so with an extreme fetish for the fat gals ?

I'm there but older ( 56) and like a chick to sort of level out and maintain at around 250 or so, I know she's going to put on 3-5 lbs a year going forward, would like to enjoy her flabbiness laying on top of me, at some point it would become more than I could bear for very long !

Guest You're getting fat
On 1/9/2020 at 5:45 AM, Gusto said:

Anorexia is not a BMI range. Anorexia is a mental illness. You can be fat and anorexic.

Anyway, while BMi is not flawless, the reason why it seems unrealistically low to us is the obesity epidemic redefining our notions of slimness and fatness. Many girls who are considered slim now would be considered chubby in the 80's.

• 4 weeks later...

It depends on the person. There are plenty of women in Southeast Asia that weigh under 90 pounds and are perfectly healthy. I'm 5'7 and the healthiest I ever was was when I was 120 pounds. Full of energy, slept well, never sick etc. I forced myself to gain weight to be more attractive to women and some of it was eating junk food, some of it was taking questionable supplements, but I really regret not just letting my body stay at a natural weight as I developed some health problems which I believe were the result of taking things I shouldn't have. For your average pear shaped American women with a good amount of Germanic ancestry (Tend to be bigger framed) 180 pounds at around my height is perfectly healthy. For a very petite woman from a poor, Southeast Asian background it is probably begging for diabetes.

A good clue is wrist circumference. Mine are under 6". A man with wrists over 7" would be very unlikely to be healthy at my weight. It's also individual. My so seems to be more healthy, energetic and catch less colds at a heavier weight, while I'm the opposite. I like the contrast of being the skinnier man with a curvier woman, but I would definitely gain if I could if that would make me healthier and stronger regardless of preferences. So I think people shouldn't worry about the scale too much, try a little weight gain if they are smaller or possibly a little loss if they are bigger and see how it makes them feel. 

One thing I'm curious about is does anyone know if women have a lower heart rate than men do? My so doesn't exercise at all, at least not usually. I took her to a resort and dragged her into the fitness room. Now keep in mind I work out from between 3 to 7 times a week depending on how demanding work is and how my body feels. We both were doing the elliptical and my heart rate shot up and hers increased only mildly even though we were doing the same program. She would only be average in the US but she's big in her country. Her BMI is in the overweight category and as I said never works out yet had a much lower heart rate. I was happy for her although a bit dissappointed in myself. I think it may be just a male female thing though.