Calorie Girl

flyer33

4 minutes ago, flyer33 said:

Hehe. Well you've been putting Catwoman on the Chonk Chart for us (She Chomnk), so you've been engaged in important work, with convincing use of the Catwoman's natural idiom too. 

Once I write the next chapter, possibly involving a party thrown by Tara Tate's billionaire parents, Batman76 has some delicious sections to come. That said, I am being held up by my interest in world-building: important questions like when/where does coal mining wealth come from (Ohio is not a bad answer) and what related businesses are there. Most likely people will be more interested in "what fattening luxury canapes might a rich Ohio mining magnate offer at a party" which I will also investigate. 

West Virginia is where the coal is at; it’s the only economic activity in that state. It’s also right next to Ohio.

And wait until you see my attempt at Harley’s accent. If I screw it up, it’ll sound like George Costanza.

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously, one of the first things Tara has to figure out is how to cram as much “fuel” into herself as she can. Donuts and cheesecake binging will only go so far! She’ll need to find an ultra-dense, easily consumed food or drink to maximize her powers. Perhaps a technician can rig something for her, or better yet she can thwart a mad scientist who makes a fattening food that just happens to backfire on him when he uses it on Tara 😆 I picture “camelback” backpack that Tara could wear and drink from as she goes.

Another idea: Tara’s powers can get stronger the fatter she gets — if only getting fat was so easy! Which it isn’t, especially not for someone who burns enough calories to power a tractor. She’ll try her best. Hopefully it isn’t a bad influence on her mother.

Plot idea: there is an intricate crime network of food tycoons aiming to fatten the city for mysterious reasons. As Tara thwarts one crime boss and mad scientist after another, the gangs realize they have a new threat: a superhero not only immune to their fattening methods, but fueled by it! They have to get creative, mainly by fattening others. Examples: hypnotizing her mother to turn her into a massive, overprotective milf who grounds Tara, turning a random girl into a sort of patient zero that makes others around her fat or hungry, sabotaging a lingerie catwalk event, setting-up a secret “reverse gym,” or other such things

And also... omg I’m really into this... and also as to how this crime syndicate is revealed, I think the best way is what I call “reverse onion.” Tara defeats some low-ranking boss, who leads to another, higher boss, and so on. Each time she thinks she’s found the real “boss,” there’s another with an even bigger master plan. The whole conspiracy unravels like an onion being peeled from the inside-out!

• 3 weeks later...

The character development in this is so good! How do you two make a coherent plot when you’re so far away from each other? Everything is so consistent so far, and the feedism being an alien genetic trait is a nice touch in particular (and surprisingly relatable).

This would make a good animated series. Probably DC style too. 

I think the convos you’ve been writing in this story is the best and wittiest you’ve done so far. It gives me a big Buffy the Vampire Slayer vibe. Also, whichever one of you made the Georgia character knows me very well. She has pushed all of my buttons... who taught you about the dependas?

4 hours ago, Batman76 said:

The Terminal lance comic.

That comic is actually the best newspaper comic I’ve read. It’s also extremely accurate. That one apple during a hike... the perfectly-sized rock for sleeping on...

Anyway, another thing I like about the calorie girl story is that since you’re writing together without sharing notes, the plot could theoretically go anywhere. Even the authors don’t know exactly what will happen