The humiliation of Nadine

Jellingtonboot

Chapter 1

The soccer ball came towards her fast, with great skill and fluidity, Nadine thrust herself into the air and kicked the ball mid-flight.
In the blink of an eye, the ball struck the rear netting of the goal. It happened so fast that the goalie jumped comically late in attempt to stop it.
It was the goal they needed bringing it to 2-1. The game ended soon after, and she found herself being hoisted into the air by her team-mates.
They had won the national schools championships because of her, she felt amazing.
When she was presented with the trophy, she lifted it above her head in triumph, she felt tears coming.
"what a way to finish high school" she thought.

The celebrations went on for the rest of the day. She wished this day would last forever, although she knew it wouldn't.

Next week she was leaving for college, she was scared and excited.

Before Nadine knew it, it was the night before she would leave. As she lay in bed she thought about all the new things she would experience at college. New friends, parties, maybe even a boyfriend.
The rural town she grew up in didn't have the best selection of boys, besides she knew most of them since childhood, and didn't particularly like any of them.

She tossed and turned, there was no way she could sleep, so she got up and checked that everything was packed.

She strode across the room, her long slim legs carrying her quickly. Wearing a t-shirt and panties, her ass had the faintest hint of a jiggle.

After ensuring everything was there, she walked over to the full length mirror in the corner of the room.
She fixed her long brown hair, running hands through it and bringing it back behind her, it reached a couple inches below her shoulders.
After that she examined her figure, turning sideways and loving what she saw.
She had been on a strict diet and exercise regime, and the results were showing.

Her breasts were not too big, but perky and shapely.
Her waist was thin, her stomach was toned, and her ass looked phenomenal.
She had started doing squats at the gym, and loved the shape it had become.

She was 18 years old and beautiful,

Nadine checked her phone, 6.30am, it was early, but it would give more time to get ready. First impressions last, and she wanted everyone's first thought upon seeing her to be how beautiful she is.

She spent the next couple of hours carefully applying her make-up and getting dressed. She didn't want to over do it.
She decided to wear her favorite skinny jeans, she loved how it accentuated the curvature of her ass. Each cheek full and defined.

"Nadine,..Nadine!", her mother was calling her, "your breakfast is ready come down".

She made her way downstairs to the kitchen. She had breakfast with her parents.
Being an only child, Nadine and her parents always had a close relationship, it was going to be tough saying goodbye.

There was tears from everyone as they loaded her things into her car. "I can't believe my little girl is going college, it's going to be so quite without you here" her father said.
"I'll try to get back as often as I can. You will be sick of seeing me" she half laughed, half cried.

It was really tough driving away, she could see them in the rear view mirror still watching as she drove off.
She felt excitement once again, her new life was only three hours away.

Chapter 2

The drive to college felt longer than expected, she was already feeling tired.
As she pulled into the parking lot in front of the student accommodation, she felt butterflies in her stomach.
"ok, here we go, time to meet my new house mates" she thought.

Nadine removed both suitcases from the car, and struggled with the weight of them as she walked to her apartment.
"oh no" she thought, as she turned the corner she could see that her apartment was actually on the second floor.
"how am I going to get these suitcases up those stairs".

She decided to bring them one at a time. She lifted the suitcase with bought hands and held it close to her.
She probably looked foolish struggling to get up the stairs, so was thankfully there was no one around to see.

Finally she reached the landing and knocked on the door. She had no key yet as she was to meet the landlord here.

The door opened to reveal the most handsome guy Nadine had ever seen. His medium length blonde hair was swept back away from his face. His shoulders where broad and muscled.
His physique was buff and muscular.

He smile at her, she became shy.
"Hi, I'm Aron" he said while extending his hand out. She shook his hand, and said "Hiya, I'm Nadine" , surprised by how quite and feminine she sounded.
No boy ever had this effect on her before.

"Do you need help bringing your bags up" he inquired kindly. She felt butterfly's in her stomach again.
"Yes, please" she responded.

He took the steps two by two, only taking a few seconds to reach the bottom.
He lifted her heavy bag with on hand, making it look light.

Before she knew it he was back standing beside her. "ladies first" he said jokingly, gesturing towards the door.

She walked in and made her way to the living room/kitchen. It was open plan, she liked it.
Straight ahead of the front door lay a hallway with one door on each side and one at the end.

"my rooms the one down the at end, and Sharon has already taken the one on the left. I guess that makes it an easy choice for you" he chuckled.
She giggled like a school girl. "why am I acting like this she thought. Say something funny, say something funny, she pleaded with herself".
Nothing came to her.

"I guess so haha" Nadine hated herself.

Just that moment the door to Sharon's room opened, and out marched the landlord still explaining something about her room.

He saw Nadine and introduced himself. He was a small fat man in his 50's, with the demeanor of a used car sales man about him.

He showed her her room and gave her the same lecture about the room that he had just given to Sharan.
He sounded monotone and robotic, obviously well versed in this speech.

Thankfully after a short time all the paperwork and everything else was done, and he bide them good luck and left.

Sharon, a small black haired girl with over-sized glasses, made her way over.
"Hi, I'm Sharon, we didn't get a chance to meet properly"
Nadine learned that Sharon was 25 years old, which surprised her, because she looked barely more than 16.
Her body was extremely thin, and she seemed to show no signs of breasts or feminine features at all.

The new housemates spent the evening together, it turned out Aron was 21 years old, and had spent the last 3 years in the military.
"That explains his physique", she thought. She couldn't help herself from imagining him standing heroically in his uniform.
She felt a twinge between her legs.

All of them had brought alcohol with them. They drank heavily and, a bit too much.

The next morning she woke up with the worst hangover she ever had.
Her plans of going to the gym would have to wait for another day.

Chapter 3

Her first month in college flew by, she was having so much fun with new friends, that she had only found time to go to the gym two or three times.
She would have to start being better, especially since most of her diet now consisted of fast food and alcohol.
To her dismay, she was starting to see the signs of putting on weight.

At first she had just felt a bit less toned, a bit softer, but now she had definite proof.
She had to give a presentation today in front of her class and wanted to look nice.
She had decided a few days before that she would wear her favorite skinny jeans.

Her heart sank that morning as she lost her struggle with the button on her jeans. She had won the battle of getting them pulled up her legs, but her belly would not concede.
She would have to wear something else. She let out a cry of annoyances and stamped her leg on the floor. As if in retaliation, her little belly jiggled slightly.

"what do I even have to wear that's clean" she thought, her irritability grew.

Nadine had the best intentions of keeping her room immaculate, and doing her laundry on time, and everything else that came with being responsible, but she had just gradually given up.

All the drinking and partying kept her either in a state of tiredness, or sickness, or both.
She knew she need to cut down, but how could she?
She had a social life to maintain.
She couldn't become some loser that doesn't go out, like Sharon.

She looked around her wardrobe frantically. The only thing she could find that were clean, was a pair of black leggings.

"Fuck it, I'll have to just wear this"

She pulled them on. As she pulled them up, her fingers came into contact with the ridge that was created by the small pouch of fat under her belly button.
She pull them up over it.

She looked at herself in the mirror. "oh no, how can this be happening" she thought.
Her tight leggings perfectly showed every curve, old ones and new, it seemed to highlight everywhere she had gained weight.

While her face and upper body were unaffected, all the weight had concentrated around her hips, waist and ass.
Her ass looked so big and round. Both cheeks standing alone, defined and full.
"omg, I have a bubble butt" she thought.

There was no time to wash any of her clothes, she would have to go in these.

She grabbed a puffy jacket of hers. Luckily it hid her new belly.

Chapter 4

She was reluctant at first, but he was so reassuring. She had never even seen any drugs before, and now the boy she liked was offering her pills of mdma.
"don't worry, I've taken them loads of times before, I know what I'm doing" Aron responded confidently.

She took one tablet. It did nothing at first, but then her legs started to feel warm and tingly.
Suddenly she "came up". It hit her hard, but she loved the feeling. She felt euphoric.

It was an amazing night, although it was only her, sharan and Aron.
They drank, smoked weed and took more pills.

It was the best night of her life. She felt amazing, and she was sure that Aron was subtly flirting with her.

As her interest in partying and taking drugs increased, she began to care alot less about eating right and exercising.

None of her friends where going to the gym, so she found it hard to motivate herself.
Aron always seemed to have a joint rolled. And, sure enough, suddenly she would be spending the night on the couch. But at least she was with him.

She had even started buying her own weed as well. Aron had shown her how to roll a joint, and she was quite proud of her new skill.

One week before Christmas break, when she should have been studying, she was once again on the couch with Aron.

He passed her the joint, she was quite stoned, but took more pulls.

She loved to watch him, he always looked so strong. His arm looked really muscular. She wanted nothing more than for him to take her into them.
As she was about to pass the joint, it slipped out of her fingers and fell to the ground.
"sorry, I'll get it she said"

She leaned forward, it was slightly out of reach.
As she extended more to reach it, her trousers ripped right in the middle of ass. Releasing her fat in one quick move.

She sat up, looked at Aron, and then ran out of the room crying.
He followed her.

He knocked on her bedroom door and came in.

"I'm so embarrassed, I've gotten so fat" she said without thinking.
"omg, why did I say that" she thought.

He sat on the bed beside her.
"you haven't got fat" he said, she knew he was lying.

"I have, I look hideous" Nadine responded.

"you don't, you look.... Beautiful" he said and looked away shyly.

No one said anything. He looked at her, and she felt the most intense butterfly's in her stomach.
He kissed her.

The worst moment of her life had turned into the best. She was in his arms. It was better than she could ever imagine.

The next few days were a fairytale, and she hated that she was going home for two weeks during Christmas.

Although she knew she had put on weight, she had no weighing scale at her apartment, so she didn't know how much.

There was a scale at her parents. She stood in front of it, and prepared herself for what she would see.
She couldn't believe her eyes.
She had gained more than 30lbs since she started college four months ago.

Chapter 5

Her Christmas consisted of meeting family members, and them pretending they didn't notice her weight gain. But she could see them looking.

She spent most of the days on her phone texting Aron. She missed him intensly.

Although she enjoyed her time back home, she was happy to get back to college and back to him.

Once again she had planned to start going to the gym, but she never did.

She was either with Aron, or going out to parties. It was so much fun, but she began to balloon.

Every day she woke up a bit fatter than the last. She had gotten used to it.

She woke slowly, she was lying on her left side. Her eyes stung with the light.
They had drank very heavily last night, and she felt like death.

Her right arm was resting on her belly. She was surprised by how big it was. Her elbow was on her hip, and her belly extended the full length of her forearm.
Her hand was cupping the front of her belly.
It felt so full and soft.

A sick feeling came into her stomach, and she rushed into the bathroom.

Each time a foot contacted the floor, it sent a ripple through her fat.

She got sick for a minute straight. When she got up and looked in the mirror, she was shocked by what she saw.

It was as if over night she had crossed the threshold from chubby to fat.
Her face was rounder, and she now had a slight double chin.

Her shoulders where smooth and fat, showing no definition. Her arms were the same.
She turned sideways, and began to cry.

Her big belly was out so far, the bottom part was especially fat.
It now took holding it underneath with both hands. One placed after the other.

She lifted it up, it was really heavy and felt doughy.

"I look like I'm nine months pregnant" she thought.
She moved her front hand away, and the halve of the belly it supported, flopped down and giggled.

She moved the other hand, and her belly dropped back into place.
It nearly covered her vagina now.

She walked back into the bedroom, and saw Aron lying naked, only half cover by the blanket.

He looked so muscular and fit. She felt ashamed and dressed quickly. She didn't want him to see how fat she was.

A few days later she was in the shopping mall, and noticed that they had installed a new machine.
For a small fee it measured your height and weight.

She decided that if she was going to lose weight, she needed to know where she was at now.

She nearly dropped when she read the numbers on the screen.
She had gained another 30lbs, except this time it only took two months.

Chapter 6

Adjusting to life as a fat girl was hard for Nadine. It was really a problem when she tried to buy clothes. Which was becoming a more common occurrence.

She was walking past her favorite clothing store, and a dress in the window display caught her eye.

Nadine walked into the shop and was approached by an attractive blonde sales assistant.
She was about the same age as Nadine.

The look that she gave Nadine made her feel that the assistant thought she was lost.
"I'm not that fat" Nadine thought.

"if your looking for the mcdonalds, it's actually next door" the beautiful blonde said.

She seemed to be genuinely trying to help, which hurt more.

"I wanted to try on the dress you have displayed" Nadine said.

"oh....I think we have that in your size"
She made her way back to the storeroom and returned minutes later.

"unfortunately, this is the biggest size we have" the blonde said.

"Ill try it on" Nadine responded defiantly.

It didn't fit. She couldn't even get the zip at the back to close more than an inch.

She dreaded telling the shop assistant that it didn't fit. When she told her, she saw a look of pity in her eye.

"There's a plus size store two blocks away"

Nadine rushed out of the store in embarrassment. She couldn't believe that she had gotten so fat, that now she couldn't even buy regular clothes.

She caught a glimpse of herself in the reflection of the following window.
Her body was round and full. Her breasts were big, and lying on the upper part of her belly. The shape of her belly caused her breasts to be slightly off set, each slightly followed the curvature down each side.

Her belly, ass and legs looked massive. Her large size was exasperated by the large coat that she was wearing.
She thought it was hiding her extra weight, but it actually had the effect of making her look like a large mass.

She suddenly became very self conscious. A sense of anxiety about her weight started to build.
She wanted to get back home as fast as she could.

She walked quickly, feeling her belly shake and her ass wobble. It felt like everyone was looking at her.

Luckly it wasn't far to her apartment, she turned the corner and saw the stairs.

As she lifted her leg to take the step, Thigh came into contact with her belly, slightly forcing it up.
She once again found herself struggling with weight up this stairs.
She put the key into the lock, realising that she was breathing heavily.

She made straight for her room, closed the door behind her, and threw herself on the bed.
A wave ran through her whole body, one section of fat moving the other. The bed even creeked.
"how can this get any worse" she thought.

There was a knock on the door, it was Aron.
He could tell the was something wrong, and eventually she told him.

Once again he was so sweet and reassuring. He even said that he hadn't noticed, or maybe even thought that she had gotten more beautiful.

She wasn't going to believe him, but he seemed to be having trouble concealing the fact that he was erect.

"sure" she responded sadly, "I've gotten so fat, how could that be true" Nadine said as she grabbed a handful of fat on her hip and shook it.
Her whole leg giggled.
He couldn't hid it anymore.

"omg, are you a chubby chaser or something Aron?"

He looked away embarrassed.
"I just like all sizes of women" he said.
"I just think you're beautiful, ok" he said defensively. "I don't care how much you weigh"

For the first time he looked shy and vulnerable. She felt butterfly's in her stomach, more intensely than ever.

"I just... Love you"

Chapter 7

Nadine was madly in love, and didn't care that her body was growing at an alarming rate. Besides, the bigger she got, the more Aron seemed to like her.

Her new fat even began to make her feel beautiful.
In the two months since that night, she had gained another forty pounds, bringing it to 100lbs since college started.

He loved when she sat on top during sex, nadine felt like she was crushing him.
He would grab one ass cheek in each hand and shake. Her ass, like two beach balls filled with fat, would wobble uncontrollably.

Her belly, separated into two large parts, covered his whole torso.
It was especially big tonight, as Aron had convinced her to stuff herself all day.

Her belly felt so round and heavy, he caressed it. It heightened he pleasure.

He pulled her towards him and kissed her.
She lay on top and he began to thrust.
He body shuck with each drive.

As she orgasmed, she could feel herself getting fatter.

There was only one month left until the end of the college year. Any hopes of losing the weight before her parents saw her was gone.

There was no time anyway to go to the gym, she had to catch up with the studying she hadn't done.

She set up a study area in her room. Planning to spend all her time here.
Nadine grappled her books and began taking notes.

Only now did she notice how fat her hands had become. She now had sausage fingers.
At that moment Aron came in with snacks.
Nadine tried to resist, but after a short time she eating by the handful.
"At least im actually studying"

Over the next few weeks it seemed Aron had an unlimited supply of snacks, and she had an unlimited appetite for them.

She now found that she couldn't study without grazing on something.

Nadine was putting on weight so rapidly, that now she only ever wore loose fitting pajamas.

When they became tight, she asked Aron to buy a weighing scale.
He brought it into the room, and Nadine prepared herself for the worst.
Standing on the weighing, Nadine took a deep breath and looked down to face the numbers.
All she could she was her breasts and belly. She felt humiliated when she had to ask Aran to read it for her.

She had gainined 26lbs in 26 days.

"omg, I've gained a fucking pound a day" nadine exclaimed, angry more with herself than anything.

She had nearly doubled her body weight in 9 months.

At that moment she got an message on her phone.

Chapter 8

As Aron and Nadine waked into the cafe holding hands, she could fell people staring and judging.

They were physically complete opposites. He was tall, slim and muscular, she was short, round and fat.
He didn't seemed to mind, with put her at ease.

Her walk was now a waddle, as she struggled to put one Thigh in front of the other.
Her ass now began more than half way up her back, and was unusually large in size.
Each cheek was tall, wide and deep.
She wore the only clothes she could find that fit, a pair of tight black leggings, a tight grey t-shirt.

The leggings were nearly skin tight, showing perfectly the outlines of her ass, and lower belly.

She struggled to keep her t-shirt tucked it, casing it to pull up and expose her belly.

The only table available was a corner booth, which consisted of a built in table, surrounded by a leather bench.

Nadine began to panic as she realised how tight the space between the table and bench was.

Luckly she was able to wedge herself in without too much embarrassment.
The top part of her belly pressed up against the table, while the bottom part extended a few inches underneath, squeezing it between her thighs and the table.

She tried to move back, but found that her ass was already as far back in the bench as possible.

"What am I going to do" Nadine nearly started crying after she said this. "They want me on the team again in two weeks"
Now she did begin to cry.

The message she had got on her phone that night, was from Emily, one of the girls on the school soccer team.

There was a charity soccer competition in two weeks. The old team from school were going to play together one more time.

She had no excuse to get out of it, Nadines mother had been speaking to her Emily, and had told her that Nadine would be back in time to play.

The funds that were being raised, were going towards medical treatment for Emily's mother.

"You could message Emily and say that you've gotten a bit out of shape size you last played" Aron said, trying to be nice.

She looked at him angrily.
"it's partly you're fault as well that I'm so fat"

"I gave you the food, but you put it in your mouth" he said defensivly.

She couldn't believe what he had just said.

They began to argue.
She blamed him more than was fair, she knew it, but she felt helpless and lashed out.

After ten minutes Aron said "I don't have to take this I'm leaving" ,and walked out.

When she tried to follow him, she found that she couldn't.
All the movement she had done during the argument, had wedged her in too much.

She sat there for an hour, ordering coffee after coffee, pretending she was still here by choice.

Eventually, while the cafe was mostly empty, she had asked a young bus boy to help pull her out.

She was more humiliated than she had ever been.
The bus boy took her right arm an began to pull. It was no good.
He put his left leg up against the both, and pushed with his leg as he pulled her arm.

She wanted to die.
The door of the cafe opened, a small fat man entered.

"omg, that's my landlord", she thought.
"please don't recognise me"

He looked over with a confused look.

"What are you doing to that girl" her landlord said.

"she's stuck in the booth sir" the bus boy replied.

"nadine is that you"

She wanted the ground to open up beneath her.

There combined strength was enough.
She thanked them and walked out with tears in her eyes.

Chapter 9

Aron said they needed to take a break, her heart broke.
They were going to live in the same apartment together again next year, and he thought a summer apart would be good for them.

She took her exams, packed her things, and drove home.

Once again she faced shocked faces, as her parents tried to comprehend how much weight she had gained.

When she hugged them, she realised that she was as wide as both of them together.
She walked into the house first.
Her parents looked on in disbelieve as each each ass cheek when up and down, crashing and wobbling upon impact.

The spent the next few days in her room.

Chapter 10

The day of the match was upon her. She put on her uniform, which she had specially made, in her room.
She didn't want to change into them in the changing rooms, with everyone judging her.

She pulled on her Jersey and shorts, they were tight.

Nadine waddled over to the mirror.

Her heart sank, she looked ridiculous.

Her whole body was swollen up. Her arms and legs were large and fat.
Her belly was round, and stuck out and down.
It had gotten so large lately, that she had to end her arms out to adjust the front of her shorts.

She turned sideways.
Her ass rivaled her belly for size. She put each hand on each cheek, the were dwarfed by the sheer mass of her ass.

She drove to the soccer pitch. As she pulled in she felt like she wanted to flee, but she couldn't.
She would just have to play the match, and then hopefully move away for ever.

The only parting space was one hundred metres away from the changing room door.

As she waddled over, she could she Emily and two other girls talking outside.

As Nadine came into sight, their eyes looked on to her. She could feel every pound of fat as she walked.

She saw that familiar sign of shook on their faces as they realised the fat girl walking towards them was Nadine.

They could barely conceal the smiles on their faces as they asked her how she had been.

They walked in. Unknown to nadine, one of the girls puffed up her her cheeks and made a waddling motion behind her.

She knew they were all laughing at her.
Last year she had been the fittest one on the team.
To her dismay, no one else seemed to have gained even a pound.

She was going to be put on in the second half. This crushed her, as she always used to start before.

She started to fell sick as the first half was coming to an end.
She was going to have to play, and she hadn't even ran once in the last year.

The second half starts. Nadine attempted to run. Her breasts flopped loosely, her belly went up and down.

She tried to keep up with everyone, but after thirty seconds, she was out of breath and ready to throw up.

As luck would have it, it found herself standing in the position she was in last when she scored the winning goal.
The ball was also coming towards her in the same way.

"maybe my luck is changing" she thought excitedly.
If she could score the winning goal, then maybe people could look past how fat she had gotten.

She got ready to jump up and strike it mid-air.
She jumped, but only reached about one-third the height of before.

When her legs left the ground and she tried to turn, her belly swung around, pulling her comically to the ground.
Her fat made it look like she splatted to ground, like spilled paint.

She was stunned momentarily, but when she got her bareings, she found that the game was stopped and everyone was looking down at her laughing.

She realised that her Jersey has pulled up as far as her breasts.
Completely exposing her belly as she lay sideways on the ground. It looked like a big blob.

She began to cry. Last year she was the attractive, hero of the team, now she felt like a fat slug on the ground.

2 minutes ago, Jellingtonboot said:

Yeah I'm Irish

That better explains the choice of sport given to settle the setting of your story. 😅😁 Most WG American writers who use high-school attending athlete students as the protagonists of their proses does always focus about either their own version of "football" , swimming, volleyball, bodybuilding, jogging or crossfit running. Whilst the European writers, however, seems to focus much about soccer or rugby high school players.

23 minutes ago, John Smith said:

That better explains the choice of sport given to settle the setting of your story. 😅😁 Most WG American writers who use high-school attending athlete students as the protagonists of their proses does always focus about either their own version of "football" , swimming, volleyball, bodybuilding, jogging or crossfit running. Whilst the European writers, however, seems to focus much about soccer or rugby high school players.

In Ireland we call high school 'secondary school'. I settled on the use of high school, as everyone would know what I meant.

Soccer also seemed like the best sport to pick, although I think gaelic football would suit better.

I got the inspiration for the story from basically every girl who played this form of football at school.

Gaelic football has no professional league, so you will never be payed to play. Even though you train four times a week to stay competitive at national level.

The women's league is even worse (add a lack of funding to the mix)

So 99.99% of the time, no matter how good they are, they always stop playing when school ends and replace it with nothing. 

Half or more of them got pregnant soon enough after school.

The real inspiration for this was a girl I was at school with.

In our last year of school she was fit and big into football. She even played for the county.

But, fast forward 10 years, and I see here waddling down the aisle of the supermarket with four children hanging off her.

Most of them are like this.

3 hours ago, Jellingtonboot said:

In Ireland we call high school 'secondary school'. I settled on the use of high school, as everyone would know what I meant.

Ah ah! In Canada too, we call it "secondary school" as well. Must been due to the shared schooling education system model within states-members of the Commonwealth.

Soccer also seemed like the best sport to pick, although I think gaelic football would suit better.

In French Canada, we interchangeably call it either "soccer" or "European football / football" , yet the former one is much popular because of the use of "football" to preferably coin about "American / Canadian football" . In the rest of the country, it would be only dubbed as "soccer" .

I got the inspiration for the story from basically every girl who played this form of football at school.

Gaelic football has no professional league, so you will never be payed to play. Even though you train four times a week to stay competitive at national level.

The women's league is even worse (add a lack of funding to the mix)

So 99.99% of the time, no matter how good they are, they always stop playing when school ends and replace it with nothing. 

Half or more of them got pregnant soon enough after school.

The real inspiration for this was a girl I was at school with.

In our last year of school she was fit and big into football. She even played for the county.

But, fast forward 10 years, and I see here waddling down the aisle of the supermarket with four children hanging off her.

Most of them are like this.

It seems to me like a sadly colossal waste of potential in capital and human resources.
With enough of shareholders and sponsors, this sport could generate the equivalent of millions of dollars in profit at a regular basis, build up a nationwide network of many long-term jobs, reinforce the national economics and give to these hundreds of young fellas and especially young lasses a plethora of career opportunities into this domain.

Oddly, your account about the former-soccer-player-turned-into-an-heavyweight-household-wife somehow remind me about a girl who used to be the captain of her secondary school's local soccer team the first time I met her. One year after her prom, she still conserved her twiggy, leanly athletic body in spite having dropped most any physical activity and progressively embraced a sedentary lifestyle, consistently pigging up herself from fast food spot to fast food spot with her friends on a daily basis: but fast-forward five or six years later, that was a whole another story.

She has becoming so misrecognizably huge and bloated in what obviously seemed like her 400-or-so-pounds elephantesc body she had even a lot of struggle to waggle at the same pace than her much thinner buddies. Even her best girl friend hadn't been spared at all by their shared eating habits: the poor Petite girl has turned into a roly-poly in the past three years! It took me a couple of weeks recollecting these mere seconds, coupled ultimately by a chatting between I and a common acquaintance between us who asserted than the extremely obese woman with a vaguely familiar visage I have seen that day was indeed her, to finally realize how far her weight gain has went. If she still keep to fatten up at such pace, I fear she might actually been intimally close from achieving near-immobility at the very moment we're discussing.

13 hours ago, John Smith said:

even her best girl friend hadn't been spared at all by their shared eating habits: the poor Petite girl has turned into a roly-poly in the past three years!

Sometimes it seems for women that weight gain is contagious. If there was a group of three girlfriends, you never see one get skinnier while the other gets fatter. 

They seem to lose and put on weight together. It must be the case where if one goes to the gym the others will follow, but also if one goes to mcdonald's, the others will follow. 

One weak link in the group probably causes the rest to get fat. 

I bet you that if you could convince the leader of group to get fat, the others would subconsciously follow. 

Omg, maybe this is why attractive, popular girls ostracise fat girls. They fear getting fat themselves, and don't even realise it.