Hello again. I was Schadenfreude, now Glamourmodelgain

Guest glamourmodelgain

Guest glamourmodelgain

I took some time off, but now I'm back. I was Schadenfreude, now I have the username of Glamourmodelgain. Looking forward to reconnecting.

Dude, I saw your comment in the Katie C thread and traced you back to here.  I remember your old name very well.

If you want to know why so many models hate FAs, or why someone like KC stops producing fetish oriented material, look at the s**t you post 🤪!  

You called KC, "Hopelessly obese". Can't you see how offensive that is?  She is obese, but she is far from helpless. Most women in the US are overweight.  Evolution has made it easy to gain weight, and difficult to lose it. Most who are obese, especially those like KC who get regular exercise, have no serious health problems.

You are open about the fact you get off on humiliation.  Why?  To me it seems completely mysogenistic.  You want to make fun of the very same women you think are hot? WTF? 

If a woman gets off on it too, fine.  You two can sit around all day telling her what a pig she is.  But making fun of women who don't enjoy that in a public forum seems mean and cruel, not to mention counter productive.  You are discouraging content creators from posting here.

I remember you as a smart, articulate person.  Do you ever think about why you get off on humiliation?  Do you ever think about how hateful that must feel to women who don't share your kink?

I think we should encourage body positivity and try to normalize the beauty of larger women, rather than repeating the fatphobic memes of our culture.  I am hoping we can have a constructive conversation and you can help me understand your point of view.

Well, @litmus, based on some of your past and recent discussion about this stuff, I think you and I probably are not all that far apart in terms of thinking civility and self-awareness are important when posting in a semi-public and mixed company place like Curvage. It can be tricky, even frustrating, finding the right time, place, and manner to comfortably express honest opinions about what turns us on--especially when seemingly "safe" places like Curvage often just kinda...aren't that, for anybody. Of course, @glamourmodelgain isn't alone in his predictions for the intersect between weight gain and humiliation. Singling him out seems a bit aggressive. As for the "why" you keep seeking, I'm not sure an answer (diagnosis?) for what turns folks on is going to be very productive towards the goal of changing behavior, but I've shared my own thoughts about it before and I'll bet you've read all that before. Speaking as a type of "content creator" (though I doubt I'm the type you had in mind), I can say I also would discouraged from contributing if Curvage became focused on actively stifling the kind of stuff I enjoy most.

Thank you for a thoughtful response. First off I agree that my response here was rather aggressive.  I was trying to avoid hijacking the KC thread and ending up with more fodder for the Abyss. 

After posting this comment, I decided to post a more general comment about Fat Shaming vs. Body Positivity in the Lifestyle Forum. I would welcome any contribution you want to make to that discussion.  

I appreciate your link to your attempt to explain what you find arousing.  We are coming from very, very different places.  I like adoring a larger woman and making her feel proud, confident, and sexy.  In particular, I love empowering a woman who has struggled with food and body image issues and who has likely been dieting most of her life, to feel free to eat and enjoy the pleasure of food and to know that gaining weight can make her even more beautiful in my eyes.

I find watching a woman's body and self-esteem blossom to be the ultimate aphrodisiac.  Why do you think seeing someone lose confidence is arousing to you?  If you love someone, don't you want them to feel good about themselves?  

I have struggled for most of my life with feeling "shame" for liking something out of the mainstream.  I have had enough of sexual shame, and I don't want to shame others.  Curious as to your thoughts?

I think I explained what turns me on about this stuff about as well as I can in the post I linked. I don't think most people truly can explain "why" they find attractive the things they do--whatever those things may be. Even if they think they can, or are willing to hazard a guess, I'm still highly skeptical about the reliability of such armchair Freudian auto-psychology.

As I mentioned in my linked post, what "turns me on " doesn't necessarily run parallel on all tracks with "what I want to happen to people I love." I don't see an inherent contradiction in that. Nor do I think I, or anyone else, needs to, or ought to, feel ashamed of what turns us on.

Knowing full well how much I'm repeating myself at this point, I'll say the same things I've said before. It is not immoral to be aroused by things that others--or even you, yourself--find odd, silly, dark, creepy, disgusting, mean, cruel, illegal, or even outright horrific. What turns us on is rarely, if ever, a conscious choice. It's just the way we are. While moral implications may arise from our actions and their consequences, private or willingly-shared fantasies seem an ideal, safest way to exercise those natural yet dark or otherwise controversial predilections.