Obesity rate in the future

bluetech

Another study has just come out predicting that in 10 years nearly half of all adults in the US will be obese. What's more is that they predict that nearly 25% of adults will be "severely obese", having a BMI of over 35 or being over 100 pounds overweight. 

It will be a golden age for FAs.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsa1909301

• 3 weeks later...

There is no reason to expect this trend to stop, we live pretty sedentary lives for the most part, just 100 extra calories a day equals 36,500 in a year, a pound is like 3,500 calories, so you can gain 10 lbs a year, or 100 in a decade, unless you have the metabolism that allows you to eat anything and not gain weight, even that vanishes with age !

I'm hoping to see the day when 75-80% of women are obese, and 50% are severely big (they make it sound so bad)

With advancements in science, I think we can do it!!

It's a self-reinforcing cycle. Girls are growing up with already 40% of the adult women around them overweight and over. Currently, the older a woman is, the more of her friends around her will (also) be big. That severely distorts the frame of reference women have. If almost half of the people around you is 190+ lbs, you'll feel you're doing pretty good still at you 175 lbs.

I love watching reality shows like Live PD for that reason. You see how common large, big fat women are becoming, and often when you see one, she'll be in the presence of 2-3 more, making her look perfectly normal.

I really can't complain

Went out to a comedy club last night and noticed that the thin women were in the minority - almost 100% of the ladies there were carrying an extra 40-100 pounds in my estimation, and some of them dressed quite nicely, tight dresses for some, big fat hanging belly visible, and bus-sized butts on the other side. Was a pleasure to see. :) 

I don't think we have to go as extreme as 80 percent obese, allow some to slot into just merely overweight and some as normal/ skinny !

I'll do a normal weight woman, but prefer around 225-250 lbs.

It's actually rare to find a girl/woman that isn't overweight especially at middle age, even many HS/ college age chicks are 20-30 lbs past a 25 BMI, even children !

Guest You're getting fat
On 12/19/2019 at 4:25 PM, bluetech said:

Another study has just come out predicting that in 10 years nearly half of all adults in the US will be obese. What's more is that they predict that nearly 25% of adults will be "severely obese", having a BMI of over 35 or being over 100 pounds overweight. 

If 50 per cent of the female population are obese of which half (25 per cent of total) are severely obese it's reasonable to conclude that in that scenario practically 100 per cent of females would be at least overweight and females within their "right" BMI would be a statistical oddity. That's a really exciting scenario.

Ever since I've been aware of the obesity epidemic I've been fearing obesity figures would start to go down, with public health campaigns, etc, but every year they keep growing. I hope this study is right, but I'm afraid that sooner or later science will find a "cure" for obesity.

On 1/15/2020 at 3:06 AM, das Hirschlein said:

It's hard to me to believe  that we will reach ever those obesity rates since (almost) no woman wants to be fat. But the truth is, despite of all the efforts to stop the 'obesity epidemy' the number of obese people is still growing in most countries.

Very valid points,dad.very few women in mainstream society want to be fat and most try not to be the fat chick and they are quite creative in coming up with ways to hide an extra 20-30 lbs on their tummy, very few women like this that are so self conscious of their soft tummy will ever wear something like a bikini or a crop top that exposes that belly, unfortunately these gals usually don't want their lovers to even touch or enjoy the feminine beauty of a soft belly.

There are certainly many women that might stray beyond that 25 BMI number a bit and not allow themselves to get close to that 30 obese number, then there are those naturally slim babes that can eat anything and can't gain weight if they wanted to, others just maintain at 22-25 with some effort to stay that way, every woman has a scale and likely weighs herself nude before every shower, I do that and i I'm a guy.

Weight gain/loss isn't as simple as just calories in vs out.

I don't want every woman to be obese, then there would be nothing to differentiate a fat girl from a thin one ! 

Most overweight/ obese women would surely desire to lose those extra 20,50,100 or whatever number of lbs. I'd gladly drop my extra 150 lbs if I had Tony Nelson's Jeannie and she could just blink it gone ! Most of us get fat because we won't make any sustained effort to not be fat, we just let ourselves go and don't care, there is an equally fat partner for all of fatties no matter what your orientation, or maybe a slim gal that likes a fat guy or the reverse ?

What I most respect is the fat girl that doesn't try to hide her belly but instead intentionally wears crop top, low waisted outfits and enjoys letting the world see her fat flabby sexy soft blubber and even invites you to feel her Luvvies and just flaunts and enjoys her body.

On 12/19/2019 at 4:25 PM, bluetech said:

download.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

It's not going to be uniform and while I think what OP references is plausible, but there is an upper ceiling to weight imho as weight gain is not uniform in society. The wealthy can afford to keep in shape and don't suffer as much from some of the factors driving societal obesity.

Personally, while obviously there's an aesthetic attachment as with other people on this site, I don't want everyone to be 300lb sweaty lardballs, especially not unless that's what they want for themselves. It's kinda sad that there's a limited ability for people in current society to make decisions they might otherwise regarding exercise or food that they can't due to constantly working overtime, price inflation, 'food deserts' and the like. You can't be expected to exercise and eat right if you're constantly pumped with cortisol in your job and the only place to eat nearby is a dunkin' donuts or what have you. People should have more agency about their appearance, otherwise they will never be at peace with themselves; I'd rather hang out with a happy and chill pudgy person than a depressed, self-loathing blimp.

In Asia the younger generation is going to be a lot taller as well as bigger boned and have more muscle and fat. Many of them look nothing like their parents or grandparents. I think its a combination of more wealth to eat enough, some western snacks and I have a strong suspicion parasites made some of the people so tiny in the past because in the current young generation you almost never see people this tiny anymore. In the west things may have maxed out, or not, but in the rest of the world far from it.

I dunno. I think we're likely to see more and more of the "medicalization" of obesity as a "disease." And as that paradigm takes hold, we are more and more likely to see medications and surgeries recommended to "cure" or "manage" the "illness." The net result, I would speculate, will be a significant drop in the obesity rate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 3:09 PM, Joliat said:

I dunno. I think we're likely to see more and more of the "medicalization" of obesity as a "disease." And as that paradigm takes hold, we are more and more likely to see medications and surgeries recommended to "cure" or "manage" the "illness." The net result, I would speculate, will be a significant drop in the obesity rate.

I'd have to strongly disagree with that assessment. It is hard to imagine obesity any more medicalized than it is today. Gastric bypass and the ingredients of fen-phen were invented in the 60s/70s, and became hugely popular in the 90s. And all you needed to qualify for either was to be diagnosed as "fat". In the medical community, it is nearly impossible to find anyone who doesn't consider having fat on your body to be a disease. Yet all of that hasn't done squat in the prevention or reduction of the ever increasing obesity rate.

On the other hand, I expect the younger generations - if not the millennials, at least gen z - to normalize being fat. For one, there will probably be more and more young BBW superstar role models like Lizzo preaching body positivity. That combined with the point allgrownup made about the snowball effect of fat people perceiving that their weight is normal when they see other fat people, I don't think a drop in the obesity rate or even a drop in the speed the obesity rate is increasing will happen any time soon.

The CDC reported today that the U.S. Obesity rate is up to 42% from 40% back in 2015-2016, and about 30% in 2000. That's almost half of all Americans are that are now fat. Women, interestingly, make up a slightly higher proportion of those who are obese, and their rates are increasing faster than men's by comparison.

I can't find an exact current statistic, but assuming female obesity is roughly 44%, and comparing that to an estimate of female obesity in 2000 of 33.4%, that means there are approximately 25 million more obese women walking the streets of the US today than 20 years ago.

Not only are women fatter than ever, but they're also flaunting it more than ever. Truly the golden age for the FA.

Furthermore, only about 20% of adolescents are considered obese, and that number jumps to 37% for women 20-39 years old. Meaning almost 20% of women will make the transition from normal or overweight into the category of obese.

Truly the golden age for voyeuristic feeders.

It's obviously pure speculation, but I suppose the body positive movement is largely responsible for the disproportionate increase in obese women as opposed to men in the past decade. I can't wait to see what it does in a post-lizzo world.

I often use the phrase "go on, just have the box of cookies... everyone's fat already anyway!"

Doing my part to encourage and normalize obesity. I want these numbers up!

Guest holiday25

i def loved hearing about the new record high obesity rate and the fact that it seems unstoppable! It seems to me most plus models used to be just overweight now most seem obese.

Guest You're getting fat
22 hours ago, holiday25 said:

i def loved hearing about the new record high obesity rate and the fact that it seems unstoppable! It seems to me most plus models used to be just overweight now most seem obese.

Absolutely. Back in the day Anna Nicole Smith was fired from her plus size job for getting too fat

Guest You're getting fat
On 2/28/2020 at 4:26 AM, dudethatswaffle said:

The CDC reported today that the U.S. Obesity rate is up to 42% from 40% back in 2015-2016, and about 30% in 2000. That's almost half of all Americans are that are now fat. Women, interestingly, make up a slightly higher proportion of those who are obese, and their rates are increasing faster than men's by comparison.

I can't find an exact current statistic, but assuming female obesity is roughly 44%, and comparing that to an estimate of female obesity in 2000 of 33.4%, that means there are approximately 25 million more obese women walking the streets of the US today than 20 years ago.

Not only are women fatter than ever, but they're also flaunting it more than ever. Truly the golden age for the FA.

Furthermore, only about 20% of adolescents are considered obese, and that number jumps to 37% for women 20-39 years old. Meaning almost 20% of women will make the transition from normal or overweight into the category of obese.

Truly the golden age for voyeuristic feeders.

It's obviously pure speculation, but I suppose the body positive movement is largely responsible for the disproportionate increase in obese women as opposed to men in the past decade. I can't wait to see what it does in a post-lizzo world.

If the nationwide figure is 44%, I'm sure many states are over 50%.

Do you have a figure for overweight? There's always more overweight women than obese women. Obesity+overweight figures must be staggering at the moment.

6 hours ago, You're getting fat said:

If the nationwide figure is 44%, I'm sure many states are over 50%.

Do you have a figure for overweight? There's always more overweight women than obese women. Obesity+overweight figures must be staggering at the moment.

Actually the rate of overweight men and women has stayed about the same during that timeframe, also ~30% (I can't find the exact metric right now). Meaning that for as many people who have gone from normal to overweight, about as many have gone from overweight to obese.

Given the average height of women in the US is about 5'4", it requires about 30lbs weight gain to go from borderline overweight to borderline obese. Since there's no upper weight limit on what constitutes obese, it's safe to estimate that those 25 million women gained on average at least 30 lbs, and that doesn't even include the women who were already obese, although they are getting larger as well (increasing statistics of morbid and super obesity).

Now for each state, this varies considerably. Each state has at least 20% obesity rate. 9 states had rates greater than 35%. The CDC did not publish individual state statistics that I can find at the moment, but Mississippi and the Southeast / Midwest general top those lists.

Obesity also varies by ethnicity. White women came in just below the average at 40% obese. Hispanics came in just over at 44% obese. Black women on the other hand are 57% obese (Lizzo is the rule, notvthe exception). If you like fat asian women though, tough luck, as only  17% are obese currently.

So the best place to satisfy your desire for fat women is looking for black girls in Mississippi.

Or if you're patient enough (or want) to enjoy the ride, you can just find someone that's on their way to adding to the national embiggening.

The patterns of ethnicity and demography in the fattest states match the underlying drivers of obesity being more about money and status than anything. Can't afford wholegrain? Eat white bread. Can't afford OJ? Drink Sunny D and Sunkist. Can't afford to feed yourself? Enjoy trying to spend those food stamps on something healthier than government cheese. Get sick from this diet? Looks like you won't be able to earn your way out of it as the insurance company raises premiums - assuming you have any.

That doesn't mean that you have to be poor to get fat, but that's one of the reasons why the trend is uneven, particularly when you look at racial divides on poverty. And people wonder why healthcare is such an important issue this current election cycle, lol.