About the Non FA Experience

OscarWinner

It kinda just hit me. What is it like to be a non FA straight male? Obviously, this site isn't much of an attraction to them but, I'm sure there are some users here who know such guys. Can ya care to elaborate as best as you can?

I'm assuming that the biggest wins would be in the consumption of media (as evidenced by our own FatCelebs Forum and the preponderance of svelte figures there). Is it like they turn on the TV and it's a guaranteed boner in under 5 minutes? They don't seem to spend a ton of time imagining/hoping/making morphs of Rebel Wilson at a Size 4 or something. Also knowing that fashion as a concept seems to be biased towards looking slim. Is dating easier in regards to societal expectations?

What other privileges are they working with? Is there some downside to their existence other than the rising obesity rates?

Just curious.  

Guest grateful
1 hour ago, OscarWinner said:

It kinda just hit me. What is it like to be a non FA straight male?

I don't know. I used to guess what my buddies thought was attractive-something like a girl in a  magazine was my impression

Obviously, this site isn't much of an attraction to them but, I'm sure there are some users here who know such guys. Can ya care to elaborate as best as you can?

Their taste in women is unremarkable to me just like those who are attractive to my gay friends-it's theoretical to me.

I'm assuming that the biggest wins would be in the consumption of media (as evidenced by our own FatCelebs Forum and the preponderance of svelte figures there). Is it like they turn on the TV and it's a guaranteed boner in under 5 minutes?

I don't know if Curvage would be as exciting if the BBW concept had reached media saturation. My impression is they are far less affected by thin than we are by fat.

They don't seem to spend a ton of time imagining/hoping/making morphs of Rebel Wilson at a Size 4 or something.

😂😂😂

Also knowing that fashion as a concept seems to be biased towards looking slim. Is dating easier in regards to societal expectations?

Probably equal-we have our special sites that make the fat thing easier but we certainly re-create the popular girl who can set the bar high.

1 hour ago, OscarWinner said:

What other privileges are they working with? Is there some downside to their existence other than the rising obesity rates?

We thrive on change and celebrate it: who got big when and how, who's growing now, who will get fat some day. They rarely have changing bodies other than aging.

Maybe that wouldn't be as exciting.

Just curious.  

Great post! Very creative, you're a great writer. I enjoyed this tremendously....hope my interlaced response isn't confusing.....

It really isn't much, you find someone you like and have fun.  Dating is never easy; I don't understand how people find ways to assume looks always matter, and communication/financial management aren't poor; most people leave within 5 years, some of which do not give a good reason that you can actually improve yourself upon. 

I'll always take the thinner woman who won't pull something, or actually has a sense to give back rather than always take, which makes the relationship a bore after 3-6 months.

Media/fashion is fine, I also like not being reminded of a woman's weight, especially after spending said money on her.  Online shopping gives so much rise to merchandise in various sizes too.

Thin/fat are kinda relative terms (I never had a woman who couldn't fit into booths nor needed things modified because of her size).  Finding a sense of fullness or a couple inches to pinch are a nice sense of normalcy, with a high success rate over needing someone to gain 50 pounds (which can't happen overnight as opposed to the former) and not attempting to find something uniquely attractive about her.

Similar to this bit in Shallow Hal:

Downside of the obesity rate is that people are less willing to exercise if you're into health, as well as having to slow down for them, and probably eat more junk food with them, though you can modify a bit (smaller portions, having seltzer/juice instead of soda).

I honestly value memories, flexibility, role reversals and a sense of open conversations that make me feel my thoughts/feelings actually matter.

a non fa? good question. but probably the question is not rightly focused. for example. we like girls eating and gaining weight, we like fat and soft. shape ? it depends of course. so, when you say non-fa... some like them hourglass, some apples, some big-breasted, some with curly hair, blond or brunettes, strong, thin, skinny, there are a lot of choices and that is the beauty of it really

The concept of non-FA "privilege" is interesting. I think it stands up. The fact that we don't have a label for the preference for thin women reveals how much it's the unmarked norm, with other preferences being "weird," aberrant, or deviant.

14 hours ago, extra_m13 said:

a non fa? good question. but probably the question is not rightly focused. for example. we like girls eating and gaining weight, we like fat and soft. shape ? it depends of course. so, when you say non-fa... some like them hourglass, some apples, some big-breasted, some with curly hair, blond or brunettes, strong, thin, skinny, there are a lot of choices and that is the beauty of it really

Yeah, but this is basically just saying that there is a range of preferences that exist within the non-FA spectrum. The difference is that these are all socially acceptable, where being FA is not quite. Fortunately, unlike being LGBTQ, being FA doesn't carry any actual costs other than social embarrassment, but I don't think this is totally negligible. Think about it, you're a young guy just discovering his sexuality and on top of all the other anxieties and confusion that generates, you also realize that your preferences are marginal and "weird." For socially confident guys, the result is probably some good-natured ribbing from buddies. For less socially confident guys, the result is probably a bit darker. We see some FAs repress their preference, for example, dating thin girls while secretly desiring fat ones. Others retreat into an internet wonderland rather than actually engaging women. My own way of dealing with it was, once I matured a bit, to date the women I was attracted to and not discuss my preference one way or the other. I frame it as my own private business. Let others draw whatever conclusions they like.

Being an old guy, I grew up before the internet, so I had absolutely no way to contextualize my preference - no "community" to communicate with about it, no representation at all of guys like me or the women we desired. Although I did eventually end up with a reasonably healthy love life, it took me years and years to really come to understand the parameters of my own preference (especially my visceral love of weight gain). I doubt that non-FAs have such issues.

The other thing is that being a non-FA means you're literally surrounded by media images of incredibly sexy women all the time. Being an FA, especially pre-internet, is almost the exact opposite. I never had any crush on any celebrity woman, I never got off to Playboy or whatever. What I did instead as a teenager was furtively study the bodies of the hot BBWs I met in real life and jerk off privately to the mental image of them. Not super-cool. And maybe that's one way that the internet has helped to soften the difference between FA and non-FA. We FAs can now access imagery of the kind of women we want. That raises other problems, but it's probably a good thing on the whole.

I look at it like this. I was in a busy airport not long ago and I notice I virtually ignore the men, my eyes go to the women, this one, that one, thin, fat, (but especially fat) older, younger, etc. It's biological...my body wants to make a baby and is constantly on the lookout for available partners in any situation, I have nothing to do with it any more than I have anything to do with hunger, having to pee, wanting to be warm when I'm cold and vice-versa. 

That must be what it's like to love thin women exclusively - you don't even see fat women, you just look right past them, you couldn't be less interested. This is what I've heard, too, from fat women who say after they gained weight, they were ignored, guys not holding doors and other rudeness. I know one gainer who actually gets off on that, and that's why she gets a Christmas card this year, AND her mother, with whom i'm also friends. 

I don't see the "obesity epidemic" as a negative thing, but I'm really fucking selfish, too.