Why are girls so sensitive about their lower stomach?

PhatCat

Honestly, no idea why most girls seem to treat their lower stomach as protected territory that's so much worse than their upper tummy.  Personally, I thank god for crop tops, because (at least the way my fiancée tends to wear them) they expose that sweet lower stomach bulge with every movement - and still look stylish!

042A3679-E8FA-4B33-8285-D0E8607B9EBC.thumb.jpeg.c7918e229e2ab4b3dc8312e12c6c6991.jpegB91DC2C2-2A02-4B7E-98AC-6B4CBC8769AB.thumb.jpeg.f299250810ce04411ba5fd6189f6f321.jpeg

Guest skinnygirlwantstogrow

I had anorexia since grade school due to sexual trauma so would even cover my non existent stomach with pillows

Now I am just starting to get a belly and love it 

19 hours ago, gggg said:

Honestly, no idea why most girls seem to treat their lower stomach as protected territory that's so much worse than their upper tummy.  Personally, I thank god for crop tops, because (at least the way my fiancée tends to wear them) they expose that sweet lower stomach bulge with every movement - and still look stylish!

042A3679-E8FA-4B33-8285-D0E8607B9EBC.thumb.jpeg.c7918e229e2ab4b3dc8312e12c6c6991.jpegB91DC2C2-2A02-4B7E-98AC-6B4CBC8769AB.thumb.jpeg.f299250810ce04411ba5fd6189f6f321.jpeg

She looks great! Most people now wear crop tops with high-waisted jeans to avoid showing off their lower stomach. Lucky that your fiancee hasn't gotten the memo!

2 hours ago, skinnygirlwantstogrow said:

I had anorexia since grade school due to sexual trauma so would even cover my non existent stomach with pillows

Now I am just starting to get a belly and love it 

Sorry to hear of your trauma.

There's nothing like a good belly for protection. There's something about letting go of being skinny that can give you confidence in your body.

20 hours ago, PhatCat said:

Sorry to hear of your trauma.

There's nothing like a good belly for protection. There's something about letting go of being skinny that can give you confidence in your body.

Ty.

130lbs feels great but very new, weird, sexual and different after years of being under 100lbs.

Most times I am very happy but other times I feel scared seeing myself with an emerging belly.

I haven't ever let myself go because I fear gaining too much and am such an absolute control freak with my body.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:48 PM, gggg said:

She looks just fine, not what I'd call fat by any means ! I'm sure when she's standing you probably can't even pinch an inch of flab her tummy, I'm sure she'd look just fine in a bikini , or naked !

She's probably slimmer than most of the girls she went to school with, in fact ! I'd guess her weight at 165, perhaps technically 20-25 lbs overweight ? She could easily lose that starter belly and have that flat,firm, tight tummy so many women covet or gain 50-90 lbs and still be just as sexy, even more so ! I think you'll see her slowly gain 2-5 lbs a year as she's under no pressure from you to be slender and I'm sure would have no problem with more of her to love, she's not close to being fat. It's great that she is willing to show off her belly ! Does she mind when you feel/ massage that sexy area ?

On 1/23/2020 at 2:41 PM, skinnygirlwantstogrow said:

Ty.

130lbs feels great but very new, weird, sexual and different after years of being under 100lbs.

Most times I am very happy but other times I feel scared seeing myself with an emerging belly.

I haven't ever let myself go because I fear gaining too much and am such an absolute control freak with my body.

It's important to take care of yourself. A belly is perfectly normal for a healthy woman to have and is nothing to be scared of. Staying in control is good if it helps you maintain a healthy weight.

20 minutes ago, PhatCat said:

. A belly is perfectly normal for a healthy woman to have and is nothing to be scared of.

I have never been a "healthy woman" though so to me a little pooch belly is VERY scary and unusual. 

37 minutes ago, skinnygirlwantstogrow said:

I have never been a "healthy woman" though so to me a little pooch belly is VERY scary and unusual. 

A little pooch belly may be scary and unusual for you, but it's the most normal thing to have. Everyone tucks theirs into their high-waisted jeans now. 15 years ago everyone was showing them off with low-rise jeans.

A little bit of a pooched out lower tummy in particular is extremely common and it's actually rare to not have at least a bit of a pooch.

It's preferred by many men, especially here and at other similar sites. A woman can easily find a lover if overweight/ obese, no need to be slim unless you want to be a tight tummy/ body sort. 50-100 lbs overweight is desired by many and not enough for many dudes here.

There is no problem for a woman finding a man when she's got a significant gut

Completely agree dude

I miss the old school days. The muffin top low rise jeans. Those days were the best. When you see a low belly jiggle with every step. I made a thread on this months ago too dude.

I think showing off the lower belly is taboo by mainstream media now. Maybe that's why it's out of fashion

Most plus size models and bbws only show off the upper belly. They always try to hide the belly. Because thats the current mainstream acceptable trend

The lower belly area now in 2020 is so rare. The old trends were much better. The new trend is hiding the best feature. Lower belly

It was more rebellious showing lower belly off and the confidence those old school days was awesome

Maybe someday the lower belly will be back in fashion but even then it's going to be a long time.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 1:48 PM, FatadmirerDoug said:

A little bit of a pooched out lower tummy in particular is extremely common and it's actually rare to not have at least a bit of a pooch.

It wasn't and isn't normal for me  bc I was totally concave with  just a ribcage until very recently.

I am beginning to like my teeny starter belly now which is probably still a lot smaller than people here think.  

Baby steps. You can step forward and you can step back.

I find your additions to the forum tremendously helpful in the subjects you put out there and the open honesty you discuss them with. Something tells me you're saying things a significant number of lurkers are happy or relieved to hear about. I'd love to "like" more of your posts but there isn't always an appropriate reaction; we should have a "courage!" reaction

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 3:06 PM, allgrownup said:

Baby steps. You can step forward and you can step back.

My baby steps are slowly working :)

I find your additions to the forum tremendously helpful in the subjects you put out there and the open honesty you discuss them with.

Your posts are also extremely helpful too.

Im glad you appreciate my honesty because I feel most people here would prefer an anime  inflation account of weight gain instead.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Expansion Sphere

I have read much of your posts, skinnygirlwantstogrowI think it is good not to rush gaining weight. I think women are attractive and how much they weigh is a type of beautiful. Personally, I find tummies on girls highly attractive. I look forward to hearing about what you learn is your desired weight is. It will be a journey and it might be something you only realize with time. Taking baby steps like allgrownup said will help give you the time to get comfortable with yourself. Plus, slower is more personal usually and the personal connection is what really fulfills the soul. You can always decide you want to keep gaining later and go after it more aggressively.

• 2 months later...
  • Curvage Model

Old thread BUT my lower belly is my most uncomfortable area for me getting bigger and WHY i dont really know.  I suppose society, the way clothes fit (my stomach hangs out of the bottom of my shirts unless im wearing high waisted pants) and probably because mine is quite saggy due to pregnancies.  I could let my ass, thighs, boobs grow and grow and never see an issue but the stomach gain gets me uncomfortable while in public.  

These are big real life questions... WAY beyond what many of us should attempt to comment on intelligently. But you can be sure that at least here on Curvage, your saggy lower belly  is the object of great awe and admiration 😍 

On 1/24/2020 at 11:13 AM, FatadmirerDoug said:

She looks just fine, not what I'd call fat by any means ! I'm sure when she's standing you probably can't even pinch an inch of flab her tummy, I'm sure she'd look just fine in a bikini , or naked !

No, I don't think anyone would call her fat, but the point is, girls tend to get touchy about their lower stomach basically as soon as there's any visible belly pudge at all.  Seeing their formerly flat stomach now bulging out of things:

ba17.thumb.jpg.ea757fdbe0bcba407301772c3a86887c.jpg

...tends to result in buying things like one-piece bathing suits, just to cover up their stomachs, even if it doesn't actually hide the fact that they've gained weight.

IMG_0885.thumb.JPG.1adf5f5d70f154b4dce8606bdf3078ad.JPG883433773_IMG_2084copy.thumb.jpg.4bc98f7ba214f898c245bd6323722f80.jpg

That part I simply don't understand—even my fiancée couldn't explain it to me.  If everyone can still see your stomach bulge, why is it better to cover it with fabric?  Doesn't change the shape at all.

Luckily she still wears the two-piece sometimes, and she's still generally okay with showing off her lower stomach.  I just wish more girls were.

On 5/21/2020 at 3:15 PM, gggg said:

No, I don't think anyone would call her fat, but the point is, girls tend to get touchy about their lower stomach basically as soon as there's any visible belly pudge at all.  Seeing their formerly flat stomach now bulging out of things:

ba17.thumb.jpg.ea757fdbe0bcba407301772c3a86887c.jpg

...tends to result in buying things like one-piece bathing suits, just to cover up their stomachs, even if it doesn't actually hide the fact that they've gained weight.

IMG_0885.thumb.JPG.1adf5f5d70f154b4dce8606bdf3078ad.JPG883433773_IMG_2084copy.thumb.jpg.4bc98f7ba214f898c245bd6323722f80.jpg

That part I simply don't understand—even my fiancée couldn't explain it to me.  If everyone can still see your stomach bulge, why is it better to cover it with fabric?  Doesn't change the shape at all.

Luckily she still wears the two-piece sometimes, and she's still generally okay with showing off her lower stomach.  I just wish more girls were.

The coverage of a one-piece makes her feel more secure. I hate to say it, but that one looks awful on her. That one piece makes her look extra fat. It flattens her chest and makes her torso look like one fat blob. A bikini would make her look so much slimmer by separating her chest from her stomach. A high-waisted bikini would likewise emphasize her gut. She needs a classic string bikini with low-rise bottoms. Tell her to put on a bikini, and tell her how thin she looks in it.

• Curvage Model

It's true, the lower belly has gone 'out of trend' which is just awful that women's bodies could either be acceptable or unacceptable in societies eyes. I'm a big advocate for loving yourself at all stages your body is at, because let's face it women go through A LOT (of course health plays a factor but that's irrelevant atm). I just hate that we have moved in the direction of looking towards people like Kylie Jenner who does have an aesthetically pleasing body, but is NOT unaided by any means. 

My lower belly hang has grown a lot in the past couple of years, but i'm slowly learning to love and accept it. For any women lurking feeling insecure about how their stomach looks in clothing, your pooch is natural and beautiful and I bet many people on here would definitely agree with me on that one ;) 

Edited by Tinchii

14 hours ago, Tinchii said:

It's true, the lower belly has gone 'out of trend' which is just awful that women's bodies could either be acceptable or unacceptable in societies eyes. I'm a big advocate for loving yourself at all stages your body is at, because let's face it women go through A LOT (of course health plays a factor but that's irrelevant atm). I just hate that we have moved in the direction of looking towards people like Kylie Jenner who does have an aesthetically pleasing body, but is NOT unaided by any means. 

My lower belly hang has grown a lot in the past couple of years, but i'm slowly learning to love and accept it. For any women lurking feeling insecure about how their stomach looks in clothing, your pooch is natural and beautiful and I bet many people on here would definitely agree with me on that one ;) 

Yeah, I hear you. This is supposedly an age of body acceptance and body positivity, but any girl who isn't skinny feels the need to hold in their belly with shapewear or with high-rise jeans and bikini bottoms. 10 to 20 years ago, girls of all sizes let their lower bellies spill over their low-rise jeans and skimpy bikini bottoms. Fashion prevented girls from hiding their bodies. I'm glad to hear you're accepting your body!

My ex was  fine gaining weight but for some reason the "donut of fat around my belly button" was off limits. Big, fat ass and thunder thighswere ok but a bit of a tummy and lovehandles made her uncomfortable. 

Even plus size models have flat tummies though. Its like its okay to be a big girl as long as your belly doesn't hang out. Make sure to wear those high waisted pants though.

I guess I can see it from a comfort standpoint. My ex specifically bought high waisted jeans for work because as she said they kept her belly from bouncing around while she waited tables. She did admit to getting more tips when she rocked her old tight low rise denim, muffin top or not.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like the lower belly and particularly the lower belly hang is the official sign you’ve moved from chubby/curvy/chunky to fat. I know I really started to feel fat when my gut started to sag. 

In particular in regards to swim wear it’s hard to be fat and wear a low cut bikini bottom around a bunch of skinny women. High waisted for me all the way.