Why are girls so sensitive about their lower stomach?

PhatCat

To answer the OP's question, I think gals are especially sensitive about their bellies because that's where fat is most obvious in the mirror.

Big boobs? No problem, obviously. Big ass? Maybe less of a problem in this era of big butts being considered desirable, but it's also true that you have to make a special effort to see your own ass 😃 And if you don't care for your ass, it's easy to ignore it for that reason. Arms? Probably not great but at least arms aren't generally considered sexy, so fat arms may not seem like a deal-breaker. Flaring hips or fat thighs? Obviously an 'issue' for fat-phobic ladies, but they're still below the torso and therefore easier to ignore than a belly, which bulges right out in front of you and is quite obvious even without a full-length mirror.

So I think ladies are especially sensitive to their tummies because tummies are an especially obvious body part when it comes to self-observation.

Although my personal BBW ideal is hourglass shaped, I've become more and more of a belly enthusiast as my wife's has gotten fatter and fatter over the years. Caressing her huge belly is as close to heaven as I get on this earth. 

One question: do non-FAs love bellies too? (I mean thin bellies, obviously). That is, is the belly in general considered a strongly erotic part of the female form? Do non-FAs like to give belly rubs too, say? The tummy obviously gets a lot of attention in FA circles but it's hard to know whether this is mostly specific to us.