Why are girls so sensitive about their lower stomach?

PhatCat

Why do they care more about this area more than any other area? Big boobs are good. A fat ass can be okay or great. Some girls are okay with thunder thighs. Nobody really likes fat arms, but it's not a big deal if they show them off. Some fat girls show off their upper stomach. But it's the lower stomach that's the forbidden area.

A chubby ex-girlfriend told me that nobody is concerned about their upper stomach, but almost all girls are worried about their lower stomach. She didn't like her chubby lower stomach, although she would show it off in a bikini for me because I made her feel better in her body. Though she never wanted me to touch it.

10-20 years ago a girl had to show off her lower stomach to be cool. All the cool girls wore too-small shirts and low-rise jeans that showed off their lower stomach. When they went swimming it was either a bikini with the skimpiest bottoms or, for the shy girls, a tankini that showed off only the lower stomach. The only girls who liked this trend were underweight or had no idea how fat they were. Most tried to hide their stomachs that their clothes purposely showed off. Girls now say it was a bad time for fashion. I wish those trends came back.

Now everyone wants to show off their upper stomachs in crop-tops with high-wasted jeans and high-waisted bikini bottoms. Fat girls are considered brave to show off their upper stomachs while hiding the area they actually have a problem with. Now only thin girls or oblivious girls show off their lower stomachs.

So what is really so bad about the lower belly? Why are they okay to show off every other fat part of their body except the lower stomach?

Some sociological studies argues about that mostly common body image complex amongst women been due to a sociocultural atavism, entengled within our collective unconscious since prehistory.

From an evolutionary standpoint, men are drawn into women with a slightly-to-mildly definite waist-to-hip ratio and thus, some views hypothetizes that our archaic forefathers have long favourized consorting amongst younger, well-endowed female fellows. Given that having heavier, voluptuous bodies as women was a competotive means to earn future mating by assessing their fertility, the suitors wooed after anyone who may ensure and secure the perpetuity of their genetic lineage. Following the same set of logic, heavier-bellied women were perceived as matronal, as having a fat girth as a woman meant embodying motherhood, caring, nurturing, comfort, parental wisdom, wealthiness... age.

Just look at how the western Plus-Size industry discriminates every model who does not look like Ashley Graham. Or all those mean gossips made against people like Loey Lane or Tess Holliday when you're surfing the Internet.

Let alone, just take a note to the ever-once-and-coming negative feedback given by some foul-mouthed members around here about (yet less about) Goddess Shar, Tess Holliday, Loey Lane, Katie Cummings or most peculiarily Lucy Collett and Carmen Lafox... or those mean speculations they did made about that young Italian party-goer who passed away just a few years ago, just because they were entitled to assume her misfortune was due to the fact she blimped out of several hundreds of pounds "all in the wrong places" instead looking like a 400-pounds would-be Monica Belluci. Or about why most of the apple-shaped BBWs and SSBBWs aren't this popular here. Even this evolutionist reflex is deeply carved within a quite exclusive number of We, Fat Admirers of all genders! I have even hears about thinner female Fat Admirers who went mad when they started to have a soft tummy and even more heavier of their fellows who raged out about girthing further more, whilst their male partners all look like Fat Albert unless they're on the way to look as such.

@John Smith, some very interesting ideas. What men are attracted to versus what society tells women is acceptable can be very different. It seems that male attraction is more towards a heavier lower belly (hourglass or pear) than a heavier middle belly (apple). Lower belly fat is healthier than mid belly fat.

These days society says that showing off the stomach above the belly button is acceptable but showing off the lower stomach is only okay if the stomach is flat. 15-20 years ago before body positivity was a thing, girls had to show off their lower stomachs to be fashionable, and guys like me appreciated it when a girl with a belly to show off dressed like this.

So why is the lower belly so sexy? Is it because it's closer to the vagina? Does a thick lower belly just signify health and fertility more than anything else?

And do I find it a turn-on when they show off a thick lower belly because this area is evolutionarily attractive to me? Or is it because it's society frowns upon showing off this area if it isn't flat and toned, and I like it because it's forbidden?

It seems like almost nobody online who screams about how body positive they are is comfortable with showing off their lower belly. I just want to say to all of them, if you love your body, why do you hate your lower stomach so much? Why let your thighs and arms jiggle but not your belly?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gusto said:

Aliss Bonython seems very comfortable with her lower belly, and she has quite a prominent one.

alissb.thumb.jpg.0c7c6e17c5c45b6cee9cf7ea3dc04135.jpgab.thumb.jpg.2e601e856e3c19afd66f5792afc319ff.jpgaliss.thumb.jpg.8167cae014c53513eef6db0837793adb.jpg

That hasn't always been the case, though. Her self-confidence - as well as feeding pulses, I assume - seemed to waver for a little while, when she was hobering between 230 and 250 pounds forthe first time.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great thread / subject  , thanks for creating the thread Phatcat.

I have much to say on this subject, a woman's  fat lower tummy  is my favorite body part and has always been so, since I hit puberty !

It's such a tease when a girl won't let you touch the thing you're most attracted to, eh !

The bestest chubby female is the kind that will sit in your lap, my arms will instinctively  become wrapped around  her tummy and I hope she's wearing something soft like sweatpants instead of jeans, next my hands will work my way under her shirt and check out those sexy rolls, if the gal allows her FUBA area to be massaged , enjoyed, and played with... Then breasts, (__*__), and more are a given !

Many more thoughts to follow, I just don't like to put too much in a single post !

An overweiht, obese woman has no need whatsoever to hide her flabby tummy !

Forums like this and others are full of people of both sexes that have a fetish for fat  people of both sexes, even if they're normal weight !

Technically most of us are pyschologically classified as 

Alvinolagmaniacs !

Don't worry about it, you're not mentally ill, many people of both sexes like fat rolls on their partner/ lover

Fetishes can run really weird, some guys want to suck toes most aren't into feet, like me !

I worded that badly, sounds like I'm into feet, not so at all ! I do especially like belly buttons and will gladly lick the lint out of a fat girl's navel !

I just don't see why a woman would even much care what her waistline measures or what the scale reads these days  !

Most women are at least 25 lbs overweight, same for men, well past 50 %,Imo  !

A 30 BMI just looks average, even almost thin to me !

There are tons of men that are just as fat as you and even fit guys that like a soft lady !

The one look I don't like is a fat gal with tiny breasts !

If my gal is gonna be fat, then a nice rack needs to go along with the package !

To answer the OP's question, I think gals are especially sensitive about their bellies because that's where fat is most obvious in the mirror.

Big boobs? No problem, obviously. Big ass? Maybe less of a problem in this era of big butts being considered desirable, but it's also true that you have to make a special effort to see your own ass 😃 And if you don't care for your ass, it's easy to ignore it for that reason. Arms? Probably not great but at least arms aren't generally considered sexy, so fat arms may not seem like a deal-breaker. Flaring hips or fat thighs? Obviously an 'issue' for fat-phobic ladies, but they're still below the torso and therefore easier to ignore than a belly, which bulges right out in front of you and is quite obvious even without a full-length mirror.

So I think ladies are especially sensitive to their tummies because tummies are an especially obvious body part when it comes to self-observation.

Although my personal BBW ideal is hourglass shaped, I've become more and more of a belly enthusiast as my wife's has gotten fatter and fatter over the years. Caressing her huge belly is as close to heaven as I get on this earth. 

One question: do non-FAs love bellies too? (I mean thin bellies, obviously). That is, is the belly in general considered a strongly erotic part of the female form? Do non-FAs like to give belly rubs too, say? The tummy obviously gets a lot of attention in FA circles but it's hard to know whether this is mostly specific to us.

I, apologise if I double post some ideas !, Lots of notes and stuff why having a belly that now that is the kink so many of us have.,l Love everybody here, I'm not gay or bi or anything, but it is somehow almost cool to accidentally stumble upon a dude with a gut  for comparison purposes. 

I'd post mine gladly but have given up after about 12 years of trying to figure out how to post a photo !

58 minutes ago, Joliat said:

To answer the OP's question, I think gals are especially sensitive about their bellies because that's where fat is most obvious in the mirror.

Big boobs? No problem, obviously. Big ass? Maybe less of a problem in this era of big butts being considered desirable, but it's also true that you have to make a special effort to see your own ass 😃 And if you don't care for your ass, it's easy to ignore it for that reason. Arms? Probably not great but at least arms aren't generally considered sexy, so fat arms may not seem like a deal-breaker. Flaring hips or fat thighs? Obviously an 'issue' for fat-phobic ladies, but they're still below the torso and therefore easier to ignore than a belly, which bulges right out in front of you and is quite obvious even without a full-length mirror.

So I think ladies are especially sensitive to their tummies because tummies are an especially obvious body part when it comes to self-observation.

Although my personal BBW ideal is hourglass shaped, I've become more and more of a belly enthusiast as my wife's has gotten fatter and fatter over the years. Caressing her huge belly is as close to heaven as I get on this earth. 

One question: do non-FAs love bellies too? (I mean thin bellies, obviously). That is, is the belly in general considered a strongly erotic part of the female form? Do non-FAs like to give belly rubs too, say? The tummy obviously gets a lot of attention in FA circles but it's hard to know whether this is mostly specific to us.

I believe there are plenty of women, both fat and thin that are quite attracted to my large flabby belly !

I like to show it off a bit, in fact !, Almost an exhibitionist, in fact

I gladly will take off my shirt at the beach and let it hang out !

I'm about 6' tall, 345 lbs, 58 waist, almost always wear sweatpants, a 4x t- shirt fits me properly !

When I go to Walmart or most other stores, I like to wear my old 2X shirts that,have an "accidental" tendancy to rise up andshow my vbo and  likely turn on some women ( my target group), many women likely consider it gross ?

It also likely attracts attention from gay men as well ?

I like to show my belly off, I've considered buying some 4X half shirts to show off the flabby tummy.

Guest grateful

I certainly think the media and social norms etc have something to do with the discomfort.

When arousal can move through the body and the parts are connected, the back side of the g spot can be noticed in the area above the mons and usually under that lower roll, on the surface of the abdomen.

This magic spot can make having a roll a whole lot of fun. Once one is sensitive to it, just the pressure of sitting is arousing and then feeling that roll growing can be an ecstatic experience.

Also, skillful gentle touch and pressing can produce great results and the whole thing sells itself.

Recently, I  invented a game with a GF. Whenever she entered or exited my  SUV I made sure I "helped", making sure she was seated properly etc. and the belt wasn't going to pinch her softness and all the while talking and playing around in a way that very innocently brought on that sensation. Then fun would happen.  😁

Mainstream women are so brainwashed about going to extreme lenghts to weigh like 125 and have a 23" waistline, when most men have no problem with their GF, or wife being fat !

At my 6' and 345 lbs, and 46.8 BMI..., My proper weoght range is 136-184, ( was maybe last 184 in the 9th grade ?), So I'm 151 lbs overweight, and my waistline should be 36-40 inches.

My female equivalent 5'5" female with a 46.6 BMI would weigh in at 280, when 111-150 is considered normal !, So she's 130 lbs overweight !

I look forward to seeing my fat female doctor next week  !, She can feel ,pinch, measure  with her caliper things, all she wants and it's like just like foreplay to me  !

This chick is HOT, about 45, married, and not much slimmer than me !

Perfect fit for me !

Guest superbacon7
12 hours ago, bubbles98 said:

you might not be able to tell from my photos but my stomach hangs a looooooot. it's bad lol.

You should show it !

I'd like to make it a law that any woman under the age of 65, with a BMI greater than 24.9 ( overweight/obese) must wear low waisted  hot pants that expose at least  3 inches of her belly below the navel and must wear some minimal type of top so as her full stomach is in plain view to everyone in public at places like Walmart, grocery stores, malls, etc.

She may wear a coat in the winter but must take it off once indoors

Furthermore any man would have the right to feel her belly and Luvvies at will.

The same for an overweight man, he has to wear shorts that expose his lower belly and something like a half shirt or belly shirt or whatever you call it and any total stranger woman can come up and start feeling up your fat rolls and lovehandles which I like to call Luvvies.

I don't think most guys would mind at all, but I think most plump women would be appalled by this law, as they tend to try to hide their belly flab and often don't even want their lovers to even touch their bellies. This should absolutely apply at least at Walmart, if not universally.

Any woman trying to lose weight should try this self fat shaming technique to motivate herself to lose weight, just always show your fat tummy in public, if you run into a co-worker, , neighbor, friend, etc. And you have your fat gut on display the embarrassment factor is even greater to motivate you to lose those Luvvies !

Personally I prefer the flabby woman and wish more gals would show off their flab and encourage you to feel it freely !

this is a good topic for conversation and while i have no idea the true reason i may have some ideas about it. upper belly is usually (unless the lady is really fat) a clean view of skin, sexy, revealing but usually doesn't makes rolls. lower belly can be a bulge. it can hang and be flabby and reveal more. that is probably related. personally i like it all but lower belly sometimes gives you the sense that it is too flabby or that the lady lost weight. nothing like a sweet round belly getting softer with time and food, getting signs of cellulite on the sides and middle. 

Guest You're getting fat
On 11/29/2019 at 5:29 AM, John Smith said:

Just look at how the western Plus-Size industry discriminates every model who does not look like Ashley Graham. Or all those mean gossips made against people like Loey Lane or Tess Holliday when you're surfing the Internet.

Let alone, just take a note to the ever-once-and-coming negative feedback given by some foul-mouthed members around here about (yet less about) Goddess Shar, Tess Holliday, Loey Lane, Katie Cummings or most peculiarily Lucy Collett and Carmen Lafox... or those mean speculations they did made about that young Italian party-goer who passed away just a few years ago, just because they were entitled to assume her misfortune was due to the fact she blimped out of several hundreds of pounds "all in the wrong places" instead looking like a 400-pounds would-be Monica Belluci. Or about why most of the apple-shaped BBWs and SSBBWs aren't this popular here. Even this evolutionist reflex is deeply carved within a quite exclusive number of We, Fat Admirers of all genders! I have even hears about thinner female Fat Admirers who went mad when they started to have a soft tummy and even more heavier of their fellows who raged out about girthing further more, whilst their male partners all look like Fat Albert unless they're on the way to look as such.

For once I will agree with John Smith, or at least what i could make out of his post. There is a lot of hypocrisy in the whole plus size industry. Not only are those women extremely beautiful (which I guess comes with the territory) but their bodies are unrealistic for the average fat woman as those of supermodels: marked cheekbones, thin neck, small waist, flat belly, body harder than an Olympic athlete. You might think their bodies were sculpted. Not to mention the photoshop in the photo shoots.