Breaking the Mental Barriers

Guest ssbbwlove

Guest ssbbwlove

So my significant other that I’ve posted about before has expressed that she is going to try to be more accepting of her body. She’s about 350 lb, and while I think her make this effort will hopefully help how she feels about herself appearance-wise, there’s some other things she’s expressed her gripes with that I’ll probably need to address. 

Clothes. She already can’t buy clothes from most stores and is really limited to places that either have plus size or specifically cater to it. She’s unfortunately also a little picky so it’s usually hard to find anything. Not to mention if I manage to convince her to gain weight, it could get harder. I’m not sure how far the Lane Bryant and Torrid sizes go, but she’s hovering around 3XL and 4XL in Old Navy’s plus sizes which are the biggest they have. 

Fitting places. Unfortunately, the world usually isn’t built for fat people. She struggles to fit into booths at certain restaurants, movie theater seats, and it wouldn’t surprise me if she’s too big for airplane seats. She’ll probably also need a seatbelt extender for my car if she gains a good bit of weight. 

These were the main two, but I might be forgetting other issues. Any advice on what to do about them?

that is a good problem to have i guess. lady around 350 and going upwards, that is one bbw. but yeah i understand, there is one point when she is forced by life to take a stand and to decide to continue on the fat gaining path or to make a stop. how to deal with that? i think probably in the nicest way possible i mean, something that is in little steps and trying to make things easier for her like for example ( personally i would like to be in that situation) buying a bench for washing the dishes or just picking up bigger clothes that you know are going to fit and let the shock pass or not exist and let her continue on her comfortable way

Has she tried Terra & Sky at Walmart? They go up to 5XL and the sizes run big (so she might fit in a 2XL, for example). My American friends say they're good, though not all stores carry the full plus size line. 

If you're planning on taking her out, check out the place beforehand so you can be sure she will fit comfortably - if in doubt, choose somewhere else. Not being able to fit into seats etc is embarrassing! If you're going out for the day, schedule breaks so she can get off her feet and rest a little. Also, buy a seatbelt extender before you need it - they're not expensive, and it's far better to have one ready for when/if she needs it, than to have her upset because she doesn't fit. 

Basically, just think ahead and make life easier for her when you can :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 5:06 AM, ssbbwlove said:

So my significant other that I’ve posted about before has expressed that she is going to try to be more accepting of her body. She’s about 350 lb, and while I think her make this effort will hopefully help how she feels about herself appearance-wise, there’s some other things she’s expressed her gripes with that I’ll probably need to address. 

Clothes. She already can’t buy clothes from most stores and is really limited to places that either have plus size or specifically cater to it. She’s unfortunately also a little picky so it’s usually hard to find anything. Not to mention if I manage to convince her to gain weight, it could get harder. I’m not sure how far the Lane Bryant and Torrid sizes go, but she’s hovering around 3XL and 4XL in Old Navy’s plus sizes which are the biggest they have. 

Fitting places. Unfortunately, the world usually isn’t built for fat people. She struggles to fit into booths at certain restaurants, movie theater seats, and it wouldn’t surprise me if she’s too big for airplane seats. She’ll probably also need a seatbelt extender for my car if she gains a good bit of weight. 

These were the main two, but I might be forgetting other issues. Any advice on what to do about them?

She sounds a lot like my wife, who is 5'2 and about 310. When it comes to restaurants, I always specifically request a table, not a booth. Although seeing her struggle in and out of the booth is kind of fun, it's best to save her that embarrassment. Movies, some cinemas have extra-large seats and will bring food and drink to you. You pay more, but if you can afford it, that's what a gentleman would do.

I also frequently help my lady with things like putting on her boots, which can be a challenge for her as her belly gets in the way. Just quietly go and help. I also make a point of walking slowly so she doesn't have to huff and puff keeping up with me.

Clothes are tough, no getting past it.

1) There are loads of good places to order plus size clothes at that size online. Torrid and Lane Bryant are fine, extended sizes at Old Navy, plus some really nice custom shops like Chubby Cartwheels if you want to go that route. It sucks because as you get bigger, you need to have almost everything mail ordered and then have to send back if it’s no good. I would order a few sizes and send back what you don’t want to keep. 
2) Check our places you want to take her beforehand. If you can’t, at least look at the interior photos on Yelp so that you know if there are tiny chairs, or arms, or all stools. See if the tables move or are bolted to the floor. Avoid places that require lots of walking and drop her off at the door before you park. 
3) Seat belt extenders for cars are easy to buy and aren’t that conspicuous in cars. If you think she could use it, you guys should grab one. A few inches can go a long way. On planes they let you borrow them discreetly. If you are flying with her, just put up the arm rest between you and you’ll be fine. Unless she gains another 100lbs or so, she probably won’t have to reserve a second seat that way. 

Most of the world isn’t built for fat people, but there is enough to make it work if you team with her. 

Hope that helps!