The christmas party season starting in November

Weightwatcher

I have always been a bit of a traditionalist and whilst I like christmas (who doesn't!) I have always been inclined to moan about the parties/decorations/TV adverts starting earlier and earlier every year and encroaching further into November. In the last few days I have had a rethink based on the following two sightings -

1) A very pretty and rather fat lass in her 20s being tempted by Caffe Nero staff into buying BOTH a festive coffee (covered with a huge amount of whipped cream) and a mince pie on the 12th of November. She actually said "If you can't indulge at christmas, when can you?" - Most days by the look of her!

2) A group of about a dozen ladies having an office xmas do in a restaurant I was at recently. 3 courses and loads of booze. At least 8 of them were noticeably overweight and a couple of the more attractive ladies were plump 30 somethings wearing rather tight and short dresses.

My reasoning is this - once these cuties have had their first mince pie or their first Xmas party then they may well adopt the mentality that dieting can wait until the new year and have about two months of overeating/drinking and being sedentary. I'll put up with the endless John Lewis ads and repeats of Xmas movies with the incentive of plenty of eye candy bursting out of their office skirts and blouses when January rolls around!

Guest MX8XV93

Good point.  With that said, there is already one huge season of stuffing and gluttony that runs from before Halloween until Easter, with one exception: New Year's.  Now, all we need to do is to start disassociating New Year's with dieting and weight loss.  If a New Year's resolution of "learning to accept my fat body" ever becomes popular, we're solid.

• 2 weeks later...

As a self-anointed Ambassador of Fat, I like to push the envelope and clear women of anything holding them back from fully indulging. 

Telling them, "remember, this is a time to really enjoy yourself and let go". I want to be the one on their shoulder tipping them toward indulgence. 

Always have some vaguely pro-indulgence phrase on the tip of your tongue, ready to sway them in a positive direction!

So anyone have any great Thanksgiving indulgence stories/observations or should that go in a different thread?

Long story short, I had a "Friendsgiving" in college where we had some beautiful and very thin women from Asia in attendance and boy did they chow down. One of them lifted up her sweater to reveal her bloated stomach and declared, "I'm so full, I have to stand up." It was true, she was so bloated she had to stand up for about 20 minutes until she slowly sank into a couch.

Alright now beat that, lol.