Wife hates fat

Guest Mikeyp37

Guest Mikeyp37

Hey guys I’ve been with my wife for 8 years now and we’ve both gained some weight. I love her weight gain and the extra curves, she hates being fat and wants to lose. She knows I like fat and has said that’s not her.

what should I do? 

If she's doing that because of the judgement others may hold against her changing appareance, let her understand that her own self-esteem as well as your affection are far much important than some superlicious glances or callously sanctimonous remarks.

If she's doing that because she doubt about her own attractibility, tell her that you'd find her beautiful. If, however, she's worried about her health or fitness level, then encourage her in her initiative to lose weight. 

Simple.

It's her body.

But providing a positive outlook, my wife used to also claim being fat "isn't her". But as the years slip by and she keeps growing and actually doubling down on the enjoyment of stuffing, going out to giant dinners and being a slothful Netflix junkie, she's slowly accepted that this "is her". "She's fat now."  No hiding it. And as she's changed jobs and met new friends, they never even knew her as skinny – which takes some of that pressure off of chasing the past.

She's far from having this kink or being an intentional gainer, but she's started to fully accept that she's never going to be skinny again. The lifestyle needed to produce that body is simply something she doesn't enjoy and can't maintain. If you love the fattie lifestyle, you're most likely going to be fat. And it's purely a result of time that allows that reality to sink in further.

been in you situation... can be really frustrating. i think it all depends on a variety of things. first of all the lenght of the gain. if it has been a steady gain over the years and we are talking about just a different lifestyle and she has put on a considerable amount of gain then probably things may work in your favor. another thing... what was the trigger for her to get into weightloss mode ? that may be important too. some of them are temporary you never know. hope you get to calm her and enjoy life and curves. thanks for sharing.

• 4 weeks later...

They say they hate their fat, but a fat woman getting into shape also requires a husband who also hates it but has never opened his mouth, and he is the one who shops for the carrots, celery, lean chicken and fish and frozen yogurt as well as taking her to the gym or kicking her out of the house at 5 AM to go get a run in.

"I don't see nothin' like that here." Wade Gufstavson, "Fargo."

So she'll probably stay fat, so no worries. Even if she cuts her food, it never lasts. They didn't get fat for no reason - they love food and aren't crazy about working out. Patience.

I do feel sorry ya, though. My current squeeze LOVES when I grab her fat belly and rub it or jiggle it, and when I call her "My butterball" or "my fat girl" or "Chubby chubby princess" and whatnot. None of this "I'm fed up and I hate my body and I'm gonna go on a diet, I swear." She even doesn't mind if I lift up her shirt and take a pic of her swollen, hanging belly :)

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 1.56.48 PM.png