Shameless plug for a game I'm writing

tiggertoo

After wishing for years that there were more games out there centred around weight gain, I decided to write my own. WIP title, 'The Weighting Game'. Falls into the visual novel/dating game category, I suppose.

Very early days at the moment. But for three weeks or so of (very) part-time work, it's taking shape nicely. There's no weight gain in there - yet - but the core game is almost up and running and I'm updating all the initial renders at the moment as well as refining the existing scenes and writing new ones.

To give an idea of how it's progressing, the first two pictures are very early renders, and the second two are (more or less) final versions of the same images.

The final pic (ignore the out of place drink!) is just because I felt like it 😛

If anyone's interested, I'll post a link to a very rough demo I knocked up last weekend.

alice 1.png

cafe 1.png

bg alice.png

cafe 2.png

burger close up.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest skinnygirlwantstogrow
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 1:01 AM, tiggertoo said:

Latest demo of this is now available to anyone who wants to give it a try :)

https://www.**.com/user?u=6914908

What an amazing idea!

Im too spoilt for free content so its a pity its on **.

Good luck though, I hope it does well.

@skinnygirlwantstogrow

Thanks! There is a free version of the game on the site. And it's not on there to make me a quick buck. I only put it on there because I've spent (and am still spending) a lot of money on 3D assets for the game, so the early access thing is helping me to cover my costs.

@thick lover

I'm definitely continuing! Presuming you're playing the public (January) demo? The February demo is now in early access and I'm working away on the next version. This'll be ready towards the middle of March, at which point I'll make the Feb demo available to everyone. Feb demo has a lot of new content... and the version I'm working on now will have even more :)

Yep, it's on the PC. May be a Mac version at some point, but probably not mobile as the size of the game is getting kind of big.

And thanks. Hope you like it whether you sign up or not!

For anyone else who's interested, the next version of the game will be ready in a week or so, and in the meantime, I've made the latest demo free to everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lurks in the Void

So, I played the ** demo to its finish. Damn, but I shouldn't have because waiting till the next release is excruciating. 

Anyone who played - have you guys figured out how the mechanics work ? Most variables are kinda hidden, and it's unclear to me how it works. 

edit: NVM, I enabled console and went thru the script file.

Guest Lurks in the Void
1 hour ago, tiggertoo said:

I need to work on a better way of protecting the script files 😛

Not a bad idea. 

I mean, I've some suggestions on what maybe do in the next game so there's more replay value. Atm, the game is linear and the characters don't change, but you could make an rpg out of it with stats and skill checks and all. 
You played Disco Elysium ? If you haven't, just play it. Great game, not overly long. 2 leisurely completist playthroughs for me took ~60 hours. 

To be honest, I don't really mind people looking at the script if they want to. Just (IMO) it spoils the game if they check out the files and know what's coming.

And next game? I've been working on this one for almost 6 months and it's going to take me at least that long again to finish i. Next game is a long way off! 😛 That said, I'm always open to suggestions for the future.

I've heard of Disco Elysium. Never played it though. May give it a shot.

Guest Lurks in the Void
4 hours ago, tiggertoo said:

That said, I'm always open to suggestions for the future.

Well, making the stats of potential partners vary with each play through, so you'd have to figure out their simulated characters. Say, simulate the Big 5 personality traits 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_personality_traits So, for example, if you lucked into an open-minded low neuroticism type, she'd be less likely to do socially unacceptable stuff. Meanwhile, a cautious, high conscientiousness, high neuroticism type would have a job and probably keep freaking out about busting her pants due to stress eating. 

It'd be more involving to write because conversations would have to be custom-written for each character type, but it'd be doable I think. 

Maybe I should try prototyping something like that and then throw it at you, free of charge/strings.  Like you said, long time off, and all that. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a patron for a bit and had been having a hell of a time trying to play it on my mac. So, I finally ported and played the PC version. I believe I played one of the scenarios out to the furthest you've gotten to so far. I did want to ask a few questions, seeing as how I might have missed some chances to further my game play. But I don't want to give anything away. So, let me know if it is alright to ask freely.