A question about posting pictures of FB friends

ChipotleSkittles

Long time lurker, but I've been lately thinking about giving back to the community. I have saved up a collection of Facebook friends who are either just delightfully curvy, or even have packed on the pounds.

The question I have is how often have people discovered that their pictures have been posted? My biggest fears are that either it somehow gets back to them, or even worse, that they find out who I am. 

Thoughts? Opinions?

If you're worried about people finding out about you posting them on here, While I doubt anyone would find out, I would try to take some precautions. Here's a few things you could do:

1. Just not post these girls. Yes, the internet is free reign and whatever you post in terms of pics or status updates isn't really private, but if you're worried about them finding out, just don't even post them.

2. Cut out the woman's face or head so that only the body remains. Take precautions to not show anything that could give away where this girl resides or any markers of interest that could pinpoint where she's at, especially moreso if you guys live in the same city. So, I.E. Say she has a pic of her in front of a bar and the bar name is showing, I would just not post that picture. Make it so that you only post generic backgrounds.

3. Pics of girls on vacation is fine, as realistically you're not giving away anything to place who you are.

4. I would be very vague as to how much info you post about the girl when you make your thread. Just say she's a facebook friend that you've known a little while. This way it's vague enough to where the girl may never know who you are. That being said, try to chose pics of hers that are available to be seen by "friends of friends." If that's not possible, then just follow the above suggestions.

But realistically, another caution, don't post pics that really make her look in a bad light... I.E. if she's at the bar all drunk and passed out on the dance floor, don't post it. And make sure to re-name the files that you post (Don't include her name in the file name,) because unless you re-name them, the file name will show up here, under the pic, with the girl's profile address number which will lead to her page, and it does also include your profile number as well. So more than anything, re-name things.

Ugh, please don't post them at all. Sure, anything you post on the internet is out of your hands, blah blah blah, but these people trust you with those photos. If they didn't, they wouldn't be your fb friends. If these girls want to supply the good people of curvage with spank material, they can post it their own damn selves.

Can we not pretend like consent isn't an issue, here?

How anyone can ever be 'that guy' who posts pictures of their friends/acquaintances without their consent - and to a fucking fat fetish site - is beyond me. As a general rule on the internet, don't do something to someone you know online that would make it hard for you to look at them in the eyes in the real world.

jerking off to photos of them is one such example, and so is uploading the photos for a bunch of anons to drool over.

The candids section of Curvage has always given me a strange feeling. You go to these posts in which members take pictures of people they know or have run into and watch as they receive props for a job well done. Same thing for some posts which have found their way into the "your pictures" section. It's all rather creepy.

But, if you want to be that guy, go right ahead. You'll probably be praised by the Curvage masses like the rest of them!

I think we can rationalize the sharing someone else's non-private pictures, videos, or other information until our faces are blue, but that doesn't mean we should do it.

The internet is pretty new.  Since it's creation, the definition of  public and private has changed completely.  People share unprecedented amounts of information about themselves, making it available to absolute stranger whom, 20 years ago, could never have gained access to such knowledge.  But ask anyone how they feel about their privacy, and they'd tell you they cherish it more than ever. 

The reality is, I think, that people want MORE privacy.  They want to escape from the "gossiping village" paradigm.  And yet they've willingly turned their lives into something of a glass house.  Its a contradiction of values and lifestyle that will take decades to reconcile.  Eventually, I think we will all have to come to terms with this shift away from privacy.  We'll probably have to temper our enthusiasm for full disclosure, in the face of a world that might exploit it.  In the meantime, we should grant people a respectful and generous buffer between the private and public spheres, even if they don't fully appreciate it themselves.

tl;dr version:  Apply the golden rule.  If you're not sure if you'd be okay with someone else sharing your pictures, don't share theirs.

I've always opposed it. If they wanted their pictures to be posted here, they would have posted them here. It's different with youtube because people who are posting it their are putting it up for public display. While facebook on the otherhand is only for sharing photos and information you consider your friends, not random perverts on the internet

Just make sure that the pictures you saved don't have any of your facebook friends id numbers in the code; all pictures have id's which can be traced back to the facebook account lol I do it all the time

Long time lurker, but I've been lately thinking about giving back to the community. I have saved up a collection of Facebook friends who are either just delightfully curvy, or even have packed on the pounds.

The question I have is how often have people discovered that their pictures have been posted? My biggest fears are that either it somehow gets back to them, or even worse, that they find out who I am. 

Thoughts? Opinions?

Don't. Imagine how the person would feel if they came to find their pictures on this site.

Change the file name when you save the Facebook photos.  The Facebook photo file names used to have the profile ID right in them, making it easy to trace which profile they came from.  They've changed the file names now to only include a photo ID, but if the photo is set to public the profile is still traceable.  If you change the name to anything but the default that comes up it will no longer give away the source.

Guest pockets

Don't post them. & creepy & RUDE.

Seriously. I'm not kidding when I say I'd punch someone in the face if they uploaded my pictures somewhere like this w/o my consent.