Nurturing a fat partner

Joliat

As my wife has gradually gone from size 16 to 4-5X, I find I take a deep, nurturing satisfaction in assisting her with the challenges that come with obesity.

I first noticed this years ago when we exited a shop and it had step to ascend on exit - she just extended her hand, I took it, and helped her to haul herself up. Nowadays she sometimes has trouble with shoes. because her belly gets in the way. I'll quietly go and tie the laces up for her. When we go to a restaurant, I'll always request a table so she doesn't have to humiliated herself trying to squeeze into a booth...and I'll discreetly pull the table back so she has more room to sit. She'll say she needs new clothes because her old clothes don't fit any more, and I'll cheerfully bring her out to buy new stuff. When we walk now, she always holds onto my arm - I'm sure it helps with her balance - and because she gets winded after a couple of blocks, we'll sit together as she recovers.

It feels very intimate and loving to me. A day to day version of the nightly ritual whereby I very softly caress her huge tummy as she falls asleep...not about sex exactly, more about caring for her in quiet, almost secret ways.

Anyone else have this experience, or know what I mean?

I know what you mean.

Compared, my wife is much lighter but between her belly and some (not weight related) health issues she can do with my help. So I help put on her socks and shoes, indeed; it's hard for her to get to her feet. Just putting on leg on top of another is something. 

These days I treat the skin fold of her hanging belly the way @CherryPi suggested me.

When she tries something from her wardrobe and it doesn't fit anymore I make sure it disappears out of sight without saying anything.

I also serve her just about anything. She leads a very sedentary life. Total daily movement is maybe 15 minutes, all trips to the toilet added up. She walks from the bed to her chair, chair to toilet, and later on back to bed. I encourage that behavior by getting her whatever she needs. She used to feel weird and somewhat guilty about that but she's more used to it now and won't hesitate to ask me to hand her something that's just out of her reach. When she's hungry she'll simply say "I'm hungry", and I get her food.

I feel that I make her dream life come true, and it feels very intimate indeed.

that is a beautiful thing to do. in my case, my wife has gained a considerable amount of weight and i am very happy about it. as for struggles... i help in the best way i can. i cannot help her putting on some tight jeans at that moment but i can tie her shoes and when we go out to leave her at the door instead of walking from the parking lot. comfortable place, plenty to eat, bigger than usual clothes and a worship of her curves

@Joliat

Hi! Well the skin underneath the belly and breasts, and the crease at the top of the thighs, can often become irritated and is hard to keep clean since they're sweaty areas that don't get much air. I suggested a gentle exfoliant (like a sugar or oat scrub) every few days and a light dusting of baby powder before bed and/or after showering to keep the skin dry and comfortable. A simple thing to add to your routine, but it helps a lot!