Husband's weight gain

CherryPi

I'm so proud of you. A 13 lbs gain in 5-6 months; getting him to eat 2000 calories dinners -- you do really good.

Very nice stats on his waist too. And I know what you're thinking; 256 lbs looks nice but he can have much more :) And you know what? I bet he can. Keep feeding or, as you say so nicely, keep promoting his obesity.

Love these updates.

@allgrownup thank you! It's nice to have your support. Last night was particularly good as well, so we've had three days of consistent overeating which I'm hoping to continue. I'm mixing up the times we eat (late lunch, early dinner etc) like you did to promote more snacking and get him used to eating when he's not hungry. And of course there are always rewards for pigging out! 

• 1 month later...

Well, it hasn't been a great month. He's got a big project on at work, is doing more hours and is worn out when he comes home. Unfortunately he doesn't eat much when he's tired or stressed and has lost maybe half a stone (7lbs), maybe more. He's great at putting on weight quickly but also good at losing it quickly :(

We did have a weekend away last week, to somewhere that's known for its great street food, and we ate like pigs for 3 days! Big breakfasts, 2 lunches, fancy dinners and lots of booze! That was fantastic, but after returning home he's back to not eating much again. I'm just getting as many calories into his meals and snacks as possible and giving him lots of love and support until his appetite picks up again. He can usually gain or lose around 2lbs a week quite easily, so I'm focusing on helping him maintain at least and hopefully start to gain the weight back soon. It's disappointing but can't be helped, life is full of ups and downs and this is the same. I'm reassured by knowing that once his appetite improves the weight will come back on pretty fast, and hopefully I'll have a nice fat husband for the summer! 

Aww thanks! It's hard not to be disappointed but I'm doing my best and we're still having fun. He's going on a business trip in a few weeks where he will almost certainly put on a few lbs so there's that to look forward to. I'm still smiling at your comment, thank you 😆 

• 1 month later...

Update! So we've been on lockdown for 4 (maybe 5?) weeks now, and Mr CherryPi has thrown himself into staying at home with some enthusiasm. We've been watching films, playing board games, reading books, getting stoned, and eating so much food! My clothes are getting tight and his are barely hanging on 😁 I haven't brought up weighing or measuring yet, but his belly is covering his belt buckle again so he's definitely put back on the weight he lost, and maybe a bit more. We now buy 1.2 litres of cream every week (for his cereal and desserts for both of us) and he doesn't even comment on the amount, it's the new normal. He's got into dipping biscuits (cookies) and chocolate in cream - I told him that's a really piggy thing to do and he said "Well I am a pig now" 🐷 

We are very lucky that no-one we know is vulnerable or affected by the coronavirus so it has been a great time of relaxation and having fun together, and we're planning to make some permanent changes to our life so we get more downtime, and will be continuing to smoke weed. Hopefully that will ensure that my big pig is here to stay 😁

Well, we have a measurement! His fat belly was getting in the way when we were having sex this morning (which was incredibly hot!) so I asked if I could measure it. 62" - up from 57.5" at the start of the year. Considering he lost weight and had to put it back on, I think that's pretty good! He's looking very round, even before having breakfast, and his size L shirts are very tight now. I didn't push to weigh him, that can wait for another time, but I did buy a celebratory box of doughnuts to feed him over the next couple of days. I'm planning to make him a nice milkshake with cream later just to test the water and see if he could get into drinking one regularly - I know some other members here have had great success with making high-calorie shakes part of their routine. 

The first milkshake has just gone down a treat - approx 800kcal of homemade ice cream, cream and milk, and he ate a large bacon and double cheese pastry with it which is around 500kcal 😍 this was after we'd had lunch, so he's eaten the equivalent of a whole extra meal! I'm going to try and make the milkshake and pastry a regular Saturday thing, an extra 1300kcal a week won't hurt 😉

• 3 weeks later...

@badbluee sadly it's over and we're both back at work, though one of my jobs is still closed. We've kept the habits of smoking a few times a week and having pastries and milkshake on a Saturday, and just generally trying to have a slower pace of life. He's still expanding, I can see the difference in how tight some of his shirts are compared to a month ago. His chest has grown and is quite flabby now, it's especially obvious when he lies on his side how much fat has accumulated there (it makes a great pillow as well!). His bellybutton folds over when he sits down, which I LOVE, and I haven't seen his belt in ages......

I've also been enjoying the judgemental looks when I buy lots of cream, butter, cheese etc and people assume it's for me and that's why I'm so fat 🤣