Overheard - "Can't wait to get FAT"

CarlGnarl

Two women walking behind me in NYC, just the usual blah blah blah. Italian, I believe, and then they starting talking about gyms.

Finally one of them says "I can't wait to get married and then I can just get FAT!"

Wow. And she was serious.

Almost wanted to turn and say "Will you marry me? You can get as fat as you want!" 

that is a good comment to hear. also when they feel that they have a license, almost an obligation, as it is expected from them, to eat freely and gain some weight. prime example are the pregnant ladies of course. and another one may have come from my beautiful wife. i do not know for sure how much she weighs these days but looking at the belly and her clothes and a little fat roll that i am seeing now she must be near her max so... we were in the car, driving home after having a nice big dinner, and out of the nothing she says, 'another year has gone by and i have not lost a single kilo', secretly happy but trying to be a supportive husband i said that we were only in october. to what she answered, much to my delight that the holidays were around the corner and that was actually a time to eat and gain some weight. oh my. i am a happy camper right now. hopefully she stays true to that.