Anne Perkins

Dionysus

So I post this hesitantly because it's the first weight gain fiction I've ever worked on, though I've been around for a while.  Trying to create the kind of content that I want to see in the world and hopefully people like it.  This is a the first part of a story about Anne Perkins, a character on the television show Parks and Rec.  It's set vaguely after her breakup from a character named Chris Traegor.  I believe the story tells itself but those details might help better define the backround the story springs from and some of the quirks of recreating the shows style and tone.  This first part really sets the stage and I have more in mind for this story but of course I'd enjoy any feedback from readers.  

Leslie Knope in the car in soliloquy:  "Alright, I'm so excited!   I'm picking up Anne today from the airport, she's finally back from her cruise.  The cruise she was about to go on with Chris Traeger, no big deal, she's over it.  She says she had a great time but she told me not to freak out when I see her but she wouldn't tell me why . . . maybe she brought me a lobster  . . . do they give you lobsters on cruises?  I've never been on a cruise before. "

Leslie stands waiting at gate A7, with a sparkled detailed sign that reads "Best Friend and Wonderful All Around Person Anne Pe".  Her enthusiasm is waning as she seems to confusing looking for passengers leaving the gate but finds only passengers waiting and employees.  "Um, has flight 14 arrived, there doesn't seem to be anyone here" she asks a desk steward.  "Yes that flight arrived at bit early, may I say I love your sign but your friend's last name is Pe?" the attendant replies.  "Well no, but I spent so much space on her title I really couldn't . . . fit the rest on the front" Leslie replies sheepishly before she's interrupted by Anne closing in behind her.  "Hey Leslie, I'm sorry I should have called you  our flight arrived early and when we got here I was so famished I made a b-line to the food court."  Anne Perkins arrives immediately with a fast food fountain drink in hand catching Leslie's attention.  Anne is a lovely young woman with a caramel complexion and a kind demeanor that bespeaks her sympathetic nature.  On any other given day her modest but modern style on her subtle figure would be a familiar sight for Leslie but today brought a noticeable change. 

Anne had just arrived from a fun and relaxing cruise, her pastel tank top worn casually but tastefully and short/sandal combo belied her recent history.  But Leslie immediately recognized Anne's full cheeks as an uncommon sight, and Anne's usually slight stomach curved gently from under her top.  Leading down Anne's usually very subtle legs looked fuller.  Leslie immediately flew into a tizzy.  "Oh my God, you had a reaction to something you ate, oh my god, you're having an allergic reaction!  Some get a doctor!  I need an Epipen!"  Anne emmbarrasedly tried to wrangle Leslie away from the gate and further into the airport and she continued the shouting volley.  "No I don't, no I didn't, she's kidding!  No one pay attention to her!"  Anne continued as Leslie attempted to wave down whatever staff she could.  

Finally Anne took her aside "I told you not to freak out, I knew it would be weird but I'd hope you wouldn't make a bigger deal out of it than it is."  With a gasp "Nothing could be more of a "big deal" than your health my beautiful delusional violet" Leslie replies.  "Look"  Anne's relaxed demeanor is gone replaced with an exasperated one "The cruise was amazing and wonderful and I was so happy to forget about work and stress, and everything else" "And Chris" Leslie interrupts "Yes, and Chris" Anne continues.  "I was relieved not to have to worry about all the healthy habits that Chris insists on and I really just wanted to relax."  Her stress seems to begin to shed as she reveals this to her friend, posture changing she takes a full sip from her drink.  "And I did.  I didn't do much anything but eat the delicious cruise food, and sat sunning myself on the deck and it was wonderful.  Leslie did you know they have buffets of food for almost every meal?  And they'll deliver you room service?  And you don't have to jog at all?"  Anne is happy and proud to get this off her chest and Leslie can tell her friend needs support.  She says now smiling.  "I didn't know that but it sounds like you had a good time."  "I did"  Anne retorts "But I might have overdid it a little bit.  I was just so glad to be free and be literally catered to between being swamped at work and all the weird things that happen in Pawnee even on a normal day-"  "And Chris" Leslie chips in again.  "Yes, and Chris, even though we split on good terms."  "They had honey glazed ham and lasagna and beef stir fry.  It was irresistible at first.  I just told myself it that I deserve it and that it would be fine for a bit of indulgence and it felt great!" she continued on, now finding stride and invested in her own story.  "Then indulgence became a habit because it was so easy, I didn't have to be anywhere.  I could just stay in and have a sampling of anything I want.  It was comforting.  But before I knew it I'd done that almost everyday and the cruise was almost over.  I was bloated all the time, everything started to fit all wrong.  I've got this muffin top now!"  Anne pulled her top up slightly and grabbed a small handful of new flesh right above her inseam. The humble amount of padding around the middle would probably go unnoticed by many people but on Anne it was a notable debut. 

"To get these on I had to the whole wirehanger through the zipper thing, it was a mess"  Anne seemed emptied of her revelations.  "Well, elastic wasteband next time, we'll make sure of that.  Leslie replied almost chuckling.  "Yeah, definitely." the two seemed united in tone for the first time in the afternoon.  "I was afraid you'd worry or freak out that I was depressed.  I was actually feeling great.  Until I thought about what people might say."  Anne continued, slurping up the final sips of her comfortable drink.  "I don't think people are going to say anything.  Anne, you're a wonderful exotic flower even more in bloom than before and people will respond to both your gracious inner beauty and your "bodacious" outer beauty."  Leslie comforted Anne as the pair walked slowly to the parking area.  "Well thank you, I knew I could count on you.  Sort off..." Anne drifts with a sliver of doubt in her voice.  "But now I'm rejuvenated and rested and I'm ready to meet the world head on!"  Both exclaim "Yeah!" "And I'm still pretty snacky after that, you want to get ice cream on the way back?" sly Anne shoots a question to her friend to a retort of "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!" from both again.  

As Leslie tries to search for her car in the parking lot, says to Anne.  "So, they didn't give you a lobster or anything when you got off the boat?  That's not a thing right?  Ooooh, maybe a bucket of prawn?  Prawn are the cutest crustaceans."

Anne says in soliloquy in the airport with Leslie oogling ice cream in the backround  "If you have to know it was about sixteen lbs . . . in about seventeen nights.  It's no big deal"

parks and rec s05e16 GIF

I am such a Parks and Rec fan, and I will love this story to the end of the Earth. I could hear Amy Pohler's fast paced, over-excited delivery throughout and I loved it for it. Writing WG fan fics is soooo difficult, and most are awful, like really awful, but you really wrote this like you could hear their voices in your head and it makes me so happy. And the title alone makes me happy, and I can't wait to see Chris Traeger added to the story just so he can see her name. And 'literally'. Oh god, I'm such a nerd to be so excited by this!

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2019 at 1:01 PM, swahilimonkfish said:

parks and rec s05e16 GIF

I am such a Parks and Rec fan, and I will love this story to the end of the Earth. I could hear Amy Pohler's fast paced, over-excited delivery throughout and I loved it for it. Writing WG fan fics is soooo difficult, and most are awful, like really awful, but you really wrote this like you could hear their voices in your head and it makes me so happy. And the title alone makes me happy, and I can't wait to see Chris Traeger added to the story just so he can see her name. And 'literally'. Oh god, I'm such a nerd to be so excited by this!

LiTerally the best Chris Traeger impression I have EveR seen.