Potential Billing issue?

Guest Orzabal

Guest Orzabal

Note the use of "potential," it may not be an issue at all, and it is extremely likely I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill 

I've noticed that with the two clips that I have purchased, the charge for said clip shows up twice when I look at my recent transactions on my mobile banking app. However, (at least for the first clip I've purchased) only one of the two listed charges ends up being approved, while the other stays a "pending" charge.

Example: I purchase clip 1. Clip 1 costs $15.99. After purchasing clip 1, two charges of $15.99 show up. Some time passes. One of the two identical charges is approved, the other stays as a pending charge.

I realize Curvage doesn't directly handle billing, but should is this cause for concern (admittedly unlikely) or am I overreacting (extremely likely)? Again, I want to specify that I have NOT been double billed, but two charges are showing up per clip, with one being approved, the other staying as a pending charge. Just a quirk with the billing system Curvage uses? Or is it cause for concern?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

You aren't the only one to have noticed this. It happens to about 6% of the customers starting September 14 2019.

Let me just start by saying you are not now, nor will you be double charged for anything. Furthermore we pride ourselves in providing great customer service and work hard to build your trust. Should anything happen, rest assured we will be sure to make it right for you.

Anyway, on to the explanation https://stripe.com/guides/strong-customer-authentication

Basically new rules for some customers make it harder to make a purchase. Without getting to technical what happens is a charge shows up on our side that appears as (UNCAPTURED) and on your side it shows up as "PENDING".  No money has exchanged hands at this point. Once the purchase is complete a charge is made and the pending charge falls off.

I don't know if the system for the 3rd party (not curvage) is still a bit weird. For some the pending charge disappears right away, for others it takes a bit longer to drop off. However, it does go away and there is no double charge.

I hope this helps.

Thank you :)

Guest Orzabal

Thanks for getting back to me.

As of this morning both clips show a completed charge while also showing an additional pending charge. However, after your explanation, I'm not going to worry about it.

Once again, thanks for your explanation!