Transitory Intentions: when not to worry about a diet attempt

allgrownup

Sharing this for those whose wife says they want to lose weight "now that..." or "before" or "by the time that"

There's dieting, lifestyle changes, and then there are what I call transitory intentions.

A transitory intention is triggered by the beginning or ending of a period, or by the start signal of an upcoming event.

Examples are: beginning/ending of a season; beginning/ending of football season; beginning/ending of the holiday season, etc

They all have in common that for a moment you reflect "this was then, but with what's going to come now I'm going to do it totally different"

So, "this summer" my wife is going to eat better, less fast food, more meals. And walk! 
And now that summer has ended "I'm going to lose the weight I gained this summer"

The same will happen this Christmas when she'll start eating portions, then just starts eating. And then, when Christmas period is over, she's going to eat less so she can fit back in her clothes "this summer"

Of course those intentions can come with any transition. You'll start to recognize them with your woman, or maybe you already know them. 

As soon as the transition has faded and no longer the focus point, so does the diet intention fade. No reason to be concerned :)