Wendy (Son Seungwan) from Red Velvet

Guest Jane Café

Guest Jane Café

Son Seungwan, in art Wendy, is the beautiful main vocalist of the k-pop girl group that is Red Velvet, which debuted in 2014 with the song Happiness as four members. A year later, though, they came back with Ice Cream Cake and added a member, becoming five.

Wendy lived in Canada before moving to South Korea to become an idol, though both of her parents are Korean themselves. She’s fluent, therefore, in both Korean and English, but she can speak some Japanese and French too.

Since you now know some basics about her, it’s time for more spicy information about why I thought a thread about her was definitely necessary.

When she debuted with her group in 2014, she was just like any other Korean female idol, though she wasn’t too skinny. Pictures of her pre-debut, though, quickly surfaced and showed that, compared to the past years, she had lost quite an amount of weight.

Fast forward to 2015, Red Velvet comes back with a new song: Dumb Dumb. Wendy, though, looks as if she really gained some weight and receives a lot of backlash for that.

Sadly, in 2016 with Russian Roulette, she looks like she lost all of that due to the hate and, in 2017 with Red Flavour, she reaches her peak of “skinniness”, looking pretty much like a skeleton.

Thankfully, after seeing how much people were worrying about her, she re-gained some more weight in 2018 with Bad Boy and looked healthy again, as well as thicker than idols usually are. Not as much as in 2015, though.

Her weight has been going up and down for the past months, but the hope is still there that she might re-gain weight like she once did.

Guest Jane Café

here are a couple of pictures of her during dumb dumb era, in 2015. I’ll eventually post more of them, I promise.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-09-at-6.30.03-PM-650x879.png

Screen-Shot-2016-03-09-at-6.30.09-PM-619x1024.png

Screen-Shot-2016-03-09-at-6.30.15-PM-650x912.png

Screen-Shot-2016-03-09-at-6.43.31-PM-650x972.png

Guest big mouth

if you’re gonna post any for a member of red velvet it should be joy she’s actually gotten kinda thick this year especially these last 2 comebacks

Guest Jane Café
Just now, Samisthebest said:

if you’re gonna post any for a member of red velvet it should be joy she’s actually gotten kinda thick this year especially these last 2 comebacks

I was actually hoping to make a thread for her as well after seeing a certain post about her weight gain, but I wasn’t sure about it. However, after this, I guess I will.

Guest big mouth

where’d u see the post because i literally haven’t seen anyone talk about it which is SO weird because that substantial of a weight gain for a korean idol is usually a huge deal

Guest Jane Café

sorry if I’ll spam that’ll come soon you guys, but I just need to get these pics off of my phone because my memory is full.

Screenshot_20190829-005030.png

Screenshot_20190829-005015.png

Screenshot_20190829-005011.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jane Café
On 9/8/2019 at 8:32 PM, Guest Kpoppudgy said:

Some more wendy during the days of thicc. Great picture, hope to see more posts 

A7E7C8B5-7D1B-4163-89D8-DBDF87DA37D2.jpeg

18211F8B-F97F-49E5-9FFE-AC405C899957.jpeg

44C440BC-5A41-4F2E-A691-7DB0AB45FEEF.jpeg

8098A6DD-CA23-47BB-B787-3CC51CB00AB1.jpeg

thanks for contributing to the thread! her legs look so good in these pics.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Jane Café

not too recent. sadly wendy recently suffered from an incident during rehearsals which left her with major injuries. she has been recovering for the past month or so. i hope she gets a speedy recovery and comes back healthy and happy.

Screenshot_20200125-142440.png