Florent Maudoux

Florent Maudoux is a Vietnamese-French comic-book artist. His most famous work is the ‘Freaks Squeele’ manga series. Forgive me if I call it manga, even if it’s originally made in French, but the style is 100% manga-like. But my favorite work is the spin-off ‘Freaks Squeele: Funerailles’. It’s the story of the brothers Scipio and Pretorious, set in the fictional Republic of Rem, which is like a gothic, steampunk version of ancient Rome featuring warriors fighting in Saint-Seiya-like armors. It has (so far) 5 volumes. You can read the first two in English here.

https://mangalux.com/manga/funerailles

DIG004347_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

2.jpg

3 (2).jpg

But let’s go to the point. Sometimes minor female fat characters  appear in the background but the great thing is that,  at the second volume, a BBW is introduced as a major character : Oriene ‘Mammoth’. She’s an obese, yet strong warrior who became Pretorius’ close fried and lover in spite of her size. You all  will agree it is not common to have a fat woman as a main character in a comic. This is not an American comic, so there is plenty of sex, nudes (and gore), as you can see.

4 .jpg

5 .png

7.jpg

6 .jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Recently I’ve purchased Freeks squeele: Kim Traüma, the latest comic-book by F. Maudoux.

Besides the marvelous artwork and the bizarre plot, it is worth mentioning here because Monsieur Maudoux has introduced many WG/BBW scenes. It's the best example I've ever seen of subtly introducing fat fetishism  themes in a comic intended for the general public.

As far as I could understand using my poor French, the eponymous character Kim is a small girl that gets super powers ( namely flying and magical tatooing) by eating a burger (!) with the convenient side-effects of her body swelling as she gained 100 pounds. For reasons only we can understand, each transformation includes good views of her underwear ( wich seems to be made of the same elastic fabric as Bruce Banner pants). After using her powers she gets exhausted and shrinks to a emaciated figure due to the ‘loss of energy’.

Here goes her first transformation. It doesn't mind if you don't understand French because  it doesn't make much sense  anyway.

WG1.jpg

WG 2.jpg

WG3.jpg