The Mystery

Batman76

1 hour ago, swahilimonkfish said:

Now this was a fun twist! I love how each chapter has a truly wtf moment whilst still doing all the other narrative stuff. You write stories like they're shows for Netflix, with these cliffhangers, and I'm here for it

Ha, if only I could make them bingable.

2 hours ago, Batman76 said:

I understand that. I actually have a plan for this one

I wouldn't worry about that, you've literally just wrapped up your longest story to date. And you write at such a pace that you probably finish your stories no later than anyone else, you've just written three other stories in the meantime too.

That said, I do dream of more Epic, always and forever.

Chapter 8: the One who Gained, Losing

‘This isn’t possible,’ Jessica said breathlessly, standing on the bathroom scale as if she was afraid to get off of it, ‘this literally can’t happen. Are you sure it's reliable?’

The blue numbers blinked softly: 243 lbs.

‘As far as I can tell, yeah,’ Sarah said, wearing a bathrobe and leaning on the tub, ‘maybe you did lose weight? We exercised pretty hard yesterday.’

Jessica breathed deep before answering, ‘Sarah, I have to eat about ten thousand calories  every day so I don’t die. Yesterday wasn’t even that hard of a day for me work out wise, usually I do at least two hours of lifting and five of walking to try and burn off as much as I can. I’ve started each day heavier than the previous one for three years straight. If I’m losing weight than either my metabolism has doubled or...fuck, who knows.’

The Supermodel didn’t look much different to Sarah’s eyes. Perhaps her bra was a little less snug or maybe her belly didn’t bulge quite a much, but at Jessica’s height and weight ten pounds was hard to notice. It was possible she was standing a little more easily but who could tell.

‘With how weird things are in Witchcove lately, I’m not discounting anything,’ the French teacher shrugged, ‘people are gaining weight out of nowhere according to Tommy, people are losing weight out of nowhere. There were werewolves for God’s sake.’

‘I was gonna ask,’ Jesica said softly, ‘you ate a lot of ice cream yesterday. Did any of it stick?’

‘By a minor miracle, no,’ the blonde sighed in relief, ‘I’m the same weight as I was before the trip.’

Jessica was more than a little distracted by her own sudden loss. Three years of seeing her much beloved and lauded body, the body that she’d worked so hard on, slowly bury itself in layer after layer of chub to avoid immediate death had suddenly and without explanation come to an end even with her outrageous diet.

She didn’t notice the overnight softening of Sarah’s face or how her hard runners thighs had a coating of fat obliterating most of their muscles. Her near modelesque friend had grown into a definite mom-bod overnight but Jessica was at the moment too self absorbed to see.

‘Well, that’s something at least,’ the model sighed, ‘so what do we do next?’

‘After showering? Take you to get a r**s shot and then do some research,’ Sarah told her, ‘then we should...call the cops? The FBI? The army? Who handles werewolves and weird dairies?’

‘At the moment, us,’ the model shrugged, ‘we’ll need to get some more fire power too after the hospital. I want them to do blood work on me anyway, no telling what the hell those things were. I don’t want to get mad cow disease or something from them.’

‘...Jessica, what if they were werewolves?” Sarah asked her, crossing her legs with a little bit less ease than yesterday, ‘there wasn’t a full moon or anything last night but who knows how any of that would work. You were scratched not bit…’

She left it unsaid.

‘Then I guess we chain me up in the basement during the full moon,’ the model frowned, ‘woulnd’t be the first unique disease I’ve had. Let’s get going though.’

After soaking off, the two were getting into Jessica’s luxury rental car. This time the model, wearing size 20 white jeans that were slightly looser and a matching crop top, did notice her friend seemed different: the leggings fit her thickened legs like sausage casings and a soft muffin top showed an inch of pale flesh between pants and shirt. Sarah kept idling tugging it down, only for her shirt to ride back up. Ten years of modeling and three years of miserably watching her own body inflate had given Jessica a keen eye for figure changes and boy, was Sarah’s changing.

Yesterday the blonde runner had been almost modelesque, fitness not runway but still, with hard legs and a firm waist. Now her thighs were thick and soft, the near thigh gap filled up with squish and her profile showed a double chin. Her belly just rested on her thighs and her boobs were filling her bra to capacity, while softer arms pressed on her sleeves. At least twenty pounds had found their way onto the other woman’s figure in merely hours.

‘Are you sure you’re okay there?’ Jessica asked, as she unplugged the tesla finding that bending over wasn’t quite as hard as it had been. 

Knees that should have been painfully sore after the hard running now felt fine, almost rested. The strain on Jessica’s back from hauling around her enormous gazongas was less and her shoulders felt higher. Was it her imagination or did she not feel at all sore from the punishing work out with weights that morning?

‘Apart from being hungry? I’m fine, let’s stop by McDonald's,’ Sarah suggested, ‘Saturdays are one of my cheat days after all.’

‘I didn’t realize you had cheat days,’ the model asked with a raised eyebrow.

Most high school athletes ate like pigs, in training and after, but her friend had always eaten like a bird save with sweets. And yesterday had barely eaten at all.

‘Saturday's and Sunday's, sometimes Friday's,’ the mostly thin teacher shrugged, new D cups surging against her shirt, ‘but the weights coming off slowly but surely.’

‘...Right,’ Jessica said.

She was grew more alarmed when her friend ordered an entire Mcgriddle breakfast with a supersized coke and extra hashbrowns at the mcdonald’s window. The calories added up in Jessica’s head as she ate one of her horrible pemmican bars, over a thousand of them. Sarah gobbled it down without even seeming full and rested her hand on the swollen ball of her stomach, shirt riding up past her belly button. Given how weight conscious her friend had been yesterday, Jessica was sure Sarah would at last notice...but instead the blonde merely gave a small hiccup and smiled as she pulled into the hopsital parking lot.

It was only seven thirty and Urgent Care wasn’t busy when they walked in. Jessica did notice a large and very well stocked candy vending machine full of unfamiliar brands, a close examination showed that they were all Omna-Dairy subsidiaries. 

‘Jessica!’ a high pitched voice came over the counter, ‘Holy crap I haven’t seen you in forever!’

‘Holy crap,’ Sarah whispered as Becky came around the corner.

When Jessica had last seen the former cheerleader, she’d been drunk off her ass at a post graduation pool party and wearing a bikini two sizes too small bought well before her senior year slump combined with painted on cutoffs. The short, busty blonde’s over fed curves were oozing out of it, from her somewhat sagging E cups to her butter soft ass to her new beer belly which had a red ring around it where her pants continuously pinched it. To her it wasn’t a shock to see Jessica waddle around the edge of the desk, flowing out of her scrubs but Sarah took in a sharp intake of breath.

‘Becky!’ Jessica said automatically, ‘you’re...married!’

The nurse was a pillsbury dough ball of a woman with a large ring stuck onto one swollen pinky finger. 

‘Ha, guilty as chaged!’ the blonde squealed, going to hug the taller model who felt their stomachs bump into each other and squish, ‘Good thing more men like heavier women around, heh? We can’t all be like Sarah and stay lose weight easily, heh?’

Jessica was fat but there was an immense amount of muscle under it, Becky on the other hand was all chub. Her face had a floppy jowl wobbling under its chin. Buttery arms were visibly testing the short sleeves of her scrubs. Breasts like 3/4th inflated volleyballs pressed against the top of her shirt while a beachball gut hung out over her pants, pale as the moon. Normally scrub pants were loose but Becky’s didn’t have an inch of give anywhere, they looked painted on and were wearing thin in between wobbly thighs.

Sarah chuckled softly, looking awkward and nervous as Becky kept squezing Jess. The teacher made eye contact, pointed at Becky with steepled fingers and then rapidly expanded them.

‘In two weeks,’ Sarah mouthed.

‘So what brings you two in here?’ The blubbery nurse smiled.

‘Well, sad to say it but I got attacked yesterday,’ Jessica told her, ‘we were working out and a dog chased after us and scratched me prett bad. The EMT told me to come in for a r**s shot just in case. I was thinking maybe some blood work too just to make sure I didn’t pick anything up.’

‘Of course, you’ve gotta be careful with animal attacks,’ Becky nodded, chins creasing as she did and a faint jiggle going down to the bottom of her near apron gut, ‘right this way.’

While Sarah waited out front, Jessica suffered being poked, prodded, weighed and having a painful injection to her stomach. Becky acted with complete professionalism, save that she was huffing and puffing afterwards. The model watched her with bafflement, she herself might be big but she’d never gotten so tired doing small tasks. She knew that she’d be like that within a few years but Becky was moving as if all this weight wasn’t supported by anything.

‘So Becky, did you do any cheering while you were in your nursing program?” Jessica asked.

‘Ha, I wish I had,’ the nurse giggled, ‘then maybe I wouldn’t be quite so big. But no, you might not remember but I started gaining a lot of weight senior year and never stopped. I know I should, being a nurse and all, but I don’t think I’ve worked out in about nine years. I’m really glad you decided to gain weight though.’

‘Oh?’ Jessica said, knowing what was coming.

‘Oh yeah, when you started gaining weight and owning it, it was like the second coming!’ the nurse laughed, shaking like jello as she looked at the blood work report, ‘Suddenly it was okay to be chubby adn then okay to be fat! I started wearing crop tops again! You made me feel confident enough to go dating and get engaged. Oh what you’ve done for all of us heavy girls is great.’

‘Happy to help,’ the overweight model said uneasily, ‘...say, I hate to ask you this  and don’t want to judge but ...do you think Sarah looks heavier?’

Becky smiled at the chance to gossip, ‘Well, she’s not skinny enough to squeeze back into those pants yet. But its pretty amazing, she was as big as me last year. I’m so proud of her losing weight! Wish I had the discipline but I can barely maintain at 280.’

280 at maybe 5’2? Holy crap she was a doughball, a fried one at that, within twenty, no, ten pounds of the afflicted model.

‘Huh, I hadn’t realized she’d been that big,’ Jessica said, shaking her head.

Was she misremembering, or was something even weirder going on? Sarah had seemed super fit the day before and was now just chubby, had she been wrong then or now? 

‘Well, us small town girls can’t fight fat,’ Becky giggled again, ‘its almost a curse, if you’re skinny as a girl you’ll get big as a woman. I hope Sarah can keep it off.’

‘You mean fight fate right?’ the model corrected.

‘Nah, fat,’ the nurse insisted, handing over the chart, ‘so as for your health, its great. You’re negative for anything we can detect here and the vaccine and dose of antibiotics I gave you should keep anything from the bite out of you. I do need to see the wound though, the EMT guys are kinda unreliable.’

Jessica sighed and took off her top, glad she didn’t have to cover up her tits this time. Becky kept gossiping as she put on gloves and shakily stood on top of a very wobbly chair and began to take off the bandages.

‘I’m jealous personally. Not just of how perky you are but how good your cholesterol and BP are,’ the blonde said idly.

‘Odd, my last doctor’s visit they said I had crossed over into high blood pressure,’ the brunette said.

‘You must have changed your diet or something,’ Becky shrugged, finishing removing the bandage, ‘...when did you say this happened?’

‘The bite?’ Jessica asked, looking up from blood work numbers she hadn’t seen since below 200 lbs, ‘Last night, less than ten hours ago.’

‘Damn EMT bastard, must have wanted an excuse to have you take your top off,’ Becky grunted, stepping carefully off the chair, ‘this didn’t even need a bandaid. Its just a bruise.’

‘I’m sorry, but he said it was a flesh wound,’ Jessica asked, remembering the pain and the blood she’d left all over the place.

‘Well the guy had to be lying,’ Becky told her, ‘was it Tommy? I always knew he was a perv, even though he’s not fat anymore. You’d think people would remember that you were a genius and hot. That didn’t even break the skin.

‘I see, well thanks for everything anyway,’ Jessica said as the tubby ex-cheer leader waddled out in front of her, plopping back down at the attendant desk, which had its own mini fridge and a trash can full of wrappers already.

‘Hey, it was great to see you! Rachel was throwing a pool party for all of us girls on the fourth, are you guys doing anything friday?’ Becky asked them both.

‘I mean, I don’t have a suit I’d wear in public but I can get one,’ Sarah said as she got up, finishing one candy bar and with several candy bar wrappers in her fist, ‘we were going to the store anyway.’

Jessica’s eyes widened as had Sarah.

When they’d come into the clinic, her friend had been chubby. She’d had a muffin top, big mommy boobs and most of a double chin to go with thick thighs. But she’d been kind of in shape seeming at least.

Now she was certainly chubbier. The second chin had only been there 80% of the time but was now near capacity. Her shirt had ridden up another inch over a fuller paunch and her pants were leaving a red ring around her midrift. She looked to have put on another ten pounds in less than an hour.

‘Yeah, we do have to go to the store,’ Jessica said nervously, ‘but we’ll be there for sure!’

‘Sweet!’ the obese nurse waved, bingo wings flapping as they left and went to enter records.

Out in the parking lot, Jessica eyed Sara’s newly acquired pudge as her friend walked. There was a lot more jiggle, it was like the teacher was more out of shape too.

‘Can you believe how fat she is?’ Sarah asked in horror, ‘She’s gotta be twice the size she was two weeks ago! What the hell is going on, people are getting fat without noticing!’

‘Yeah…,’ Jessica asked, ‘Sarah...how much do you run a day?

‘Two or three miles almost every day,’ the blonde yawned, third chin popping into existence briefly, ‘nothing compared to ten years ago but way more than I could last year. I was up to 230 when school started but have managed to shed about seventy pounds. I was hoping to get down to 140 before the reunion but...well we have a lot bigger things to worry about.’

Back inside the clinic, Becky rolled herself into her groaning computer chair. She clicked at the office computer as she entered data, opening another candy bar and eating it. Her fingers brushed against her ID badge, showing a smiling and slim version of herself who’d been a curvy 135 and she kept typing in Jessica’s vital statistics.

‘WEIGHT: 241.8 pounds”

Chapter 9: The Ones together, separated 

'So you're wolverine?' Sarah asked in the parking lot, looking at the slightly bruises on Jessica's shoulder, 'because these were gushing blood and a few inches deep last night. I could have sworn I saw bone.'

'There's something really wrong going on here,' the supermodel agreed, craning her head, 'I could barely use my left arm after it cut me and my knees were screaming at me because I'd run that hard. By all rights I should barely be able to walk today....but...shit even by the time the EMT got to us I was feeling better. He said it was just a flesh wound and my knees don't hurt at all. I...I dont' even feel sore.'

The model let her shirt go back to covering her shoulder, which it did a little too well. The corset backed spaghetti top should have been skin tight to her curves, on the verge of being outgrown by the remorseless weight gain that had obliterated her perfect athleticism and was slow marching her towards immobility in her early thirties, but instead it felt loose on her. Not a lot, but after three years of outgrowing clothes a month after being bought Jessica was feeling the weirdness of her clothes fitting. 

'Could this be part of your condition?' Sarah asked, sitting back into her own seat with a minor grunt, 'you said it was a weird metabolic thing...'

'If it is it picked a hell of a time to manifest,' the model said as her smart watch chimed and she automatically ate a pemmican bar, four hundred and more calories vanishing in a bite, 'so I doubt it. But that means...this started after I got scratched. Sarah, what if I'm...what if I'm turning into one of those things?'

The two women sat in silence to contemplate that.

'Then...we'll find a way to fix you,' Sarah told her, 'first though, we need some supplies. My husband didn't buy any groceries, of course, and we're going to need more weights and bullets. Bullets didn't do anything on their own but when they'd touched...what are weights made out of anyway? It couldn't be silver could it?'

'No, they're made out of iron,' Jessica nodded and the two got out of the car.

The model didn't fail to notice how easy standing up felt to her. Fanatical devotion to the weight rack had kept her growing strong as she grew obese, but the constant increase of her fat had never let her feel the muscle. Today though she felt it, she nearly surged up out of the car seat and when she stood had to tug up her white jeans which seemed to be hanging off her hips.

Sarah on the other hand had to kind of roll out of the car, forcing her self up with a soft grunt and then tugging her too tight leggings up to cover more of her pale paunch. Nothing struck the French teacher as odd about this, she'd been fat for several years after all and was only just getting used to being relatively slim again. Yes she'd slacked working out and eating far too much French food on the field trip, as her barely fitting leggings and abysmal jogging speed yesterday had proven, rebounding up from her low point of 150 at the end of term back to 160 but in comparison to how she'd  been well above two hundred this time last year she felt svelte. 

They were in the parking lot of the local mega mart, a Mecca of capitalism marooned in the already warm sea of asphalt. As they began walking in, Jessica couldn't help but notice the jiggle in Sarah's wiggle. It was no optical illusion, her friend had gone from hardbody to chunker overnight and was going nowhere but up.

'Sarah, I don't want to over step my boundaries here but...okay, how much weight do you think Becky gained?' Jessica asked, unsure how to bring this up.

'A lot, a lot a lot. I was sure she'd get fat after high school but she lost the weight she'd put on senior year and kept it off. She wasn't rail thin or anything, not with boobs like that, but she had to be maybe a hundred and thirty pounds two weeks ago? Short yeah but she was way thinner than I was and now...she looked like she weighed three hundred pounds!'

'When I talked to her, she'd said she'd been fat for years,' Jessica said, eying how Sarah's shirt kept going up, 'that she just kept getting chubbier after high school But...she had an ID badge with a skinny picture. She had no idea she'd been thin two weeks ago. Whatever is doing this is erasing people's memories as they gain weight.'

'I think you're right, I saw her running and then she ate ice cream from one of those damn trucks,' Sarah realized, 'and even though she was only a little bloated then she didn't remember a fun run she'd been talking to Rachel about thirty minutes earlier.'

'So eating the ice cream not only makes you gain weight rapidly, you don't realize it and you think you were always fat,' Jessica confirmed as they entered the store, 'Sarah...have you noticed anything weird since you ate that ice cream?'

'No, not really. I weighed myself this morning and was well, I was up about ten pounds from two weeks ago,' the teacher blushed, 'but that was from France. I was killing myself to break through the 150 barrier but I kinda let go while on vacation. I'm about 160 right now, I need to get back to running too. I was basically dead on my feet last night, four miles is a mile past my max.'

'Really, because you weren't even breathing hard,' Jessica told her, 'and you sprinted flat out to get back to me on the hill.'

'Um...must have been the adrenaline,' Sarah waved off, 'I know I feel sore from yesterday, I'm definetly not in High School anymore.'

'Yeah...,' Jessica said, feeling an unfamiliar rumble of hunger in her stomach.

It was incredibly odd. Due to her diet the model hadn't actually been hungry in years, her constant snacks of pemmican and snickers always left her sated. But only minutes after eating another bar of buffalo meat she was hungry and eating another bar without thinking about it.

The first part of the store was just groceries, which soon piled up in Sarah's cart. Both women were fairly hungry and while Jessica put in some salad mixes and peppers and vegetables, Sarah put in a lot of well...junk. Sugary cereal, croissants, soda pop, a 24 pack of beer, brats, buns and chicken wings, a taco pack and ground beef, not the groceries of a woman looking to lose weight. Jessica added her own touches: at least five ribeye steaks that she found herself craving.

'I'll pay for those,' the model blushed.

In the chip aisle, where far too many bags of fried potato chips went into the cart to ever see Sarah below 160 lbs again, they saw Rachel. The town's lazy rich girl had lost her figure in college, prematurely getting baby weight and the middle age spread across her once flat tummy and slender thighs. Her previous tubbiness hadn't innoculated her from the strange epidemic going through town, if her bestie Becky had become fat as a pig, Rachel was a land whale.

'Yeah of course I can make it tonight babe,' the spoiled, lazy secretary said into the phone pressed into her ear by one Boulder thick shoulder, 'just make sure you say no booths when you reserve our seats. I don't want another repeat of yesterday, even if you want to see me having to waddle out in a table cloth.'

Rachel was dressed like a professional who wanted to show off a little: a mid thigh black skirt with a pink blouse, clothes Jessica realized form her own collection. She was showing off far more than the clothing was designed for, it would have fit snug on Jessica the day before but was now practically disintegrating off of Rachel's body.

Cankles wobbled above slick black heels, their elephantine roundness clearly swollen around her strain in ankles. Jessica's legs, thick with muscle and fat, were tiny in comparison to the sedate secretary's thighs which groaned past each other with the slowness and force of continental plates, semi-solid seas of cellulite and spider veins that were bigger than Sarah's now chubby hips and puffing through rips in her pantyhose. A rip was going up the seam from her overwhelmed skirt, which looked painted onto the obscenely fat young woman who's shapeless hips stretched out well past each side of her cart. A drooping shelf of an ass was clearly visible from the front, wobbling and bouncing side to side as she forced herself forwards.

A fupa nearly as large as Jessica's entire stomach pressed tight into its front, forcing the zipper all the way down and the button five inches from its hole. Holding it up was a men's belt consisting of horribly stretched out holes, resting in the last available one and looking a deep breath or a small snack away from ripping. Above it the fake tanned fat of her doughy gut was clearly visible, her belly button yawning like a black hole with stretch marks on either side. The bottom two buttons of her blouse coudn't be put together by any force on earth, while the four above it showed tan diamonds of mushrooming fat they gapped so much. The only place it fit well was around her chest, saggy D cups that flopped around without a bra and were pathetically small compared to her well over four hundred pound body.

'Hold on babe,' the immense woman said to the phone, 'Hey guys! Jessica you're back!'

'Yeah, just got in yesterday,' the model, in the unusual position of being dwarfed said.

'Oh we've gotta talk, I'm having a pool party this Friday for us girls, you've gotta come!' Rachel insisted, slowly waddling forwards and hugging Jessica with the groan of seams. 

Hugging Becky had been like hugging a marshmellow. Hugging Rachel was like hugging marshmellow cream. Despite the chill of the air conditioned store, the obese secretary had a sheen of sweat over her entire body. Closer up she noticed a new diamond ring shoved onto one bratwurst finger.

'Looking forwards to it,' Sarah said for both of them, noticing how a gigantic thong was visible where Rachel's skirt didn't meet her blouse, 'so who's that on the phone...'

''Oh, just my fiancé,' the land manatee giggled, the motion causing the lowest blouse button to fly off and land in Jessica's cleavage, 'he spoils the shit out of me.'

'I can see that,' Jessica said with a raised eyebrow at the lake of lard on display.

'I know, five pounds in two weeks!' The gelatinous woman said, 'Not that he cares though. I know I'd never have married a chubby chaser in high school even though I was the group big girl, but for the first time I'm finally happy with my weight.'

'You were the chubby one?' Sarah asked.

'well, not chubby but I coudln't get below 140 and was always dieting to stay there,' Rachel said with ease, 'but I gained fifty pounds a year in college and twenty a year since, so I'm happy I can finally embrace being a big girl. Between him and Jessica showing the way I'm never going to worry about my weight again! I've got one of your new thong swimsuits coming in the mail, I can't wait to be in it!'

As they seperated, both carts now bearing several bags of chips, Jessica and Sarah looked at each other.

'She was rail thin in high school and ate whatever she wanted,' Jessica remembered.

'She did get a little chunky in college but she and I could have switched clothes two weeks ago,' Sarah shook her head, 'she's gotta be three times the size she was then. In two weeks and she has no idea. Those poor clothes...'

'Those were the biggest size in my collection,' the super rich model blinked, 'we...we need to do something quick before you wind up like that Sarah.'

'I ...what do you mean? I haven't gained any weight,' Sarah told her.

'Sarah, you've gained thirty pounds in twelve hours,' Jessica told her as they rounded a corner, 'you were in the best shape I've ever seen  you last night. You sprinted two miles like it was nothing and told me you were running 9 miles a day. I could have ironed a shirt on your stomach and you looked ready to be a fitness model.'

The French teacher blinked, 'Jess, what are you talking about? I haven't been that thin in five years, I started getting a little chubby after my last college cross country season ended and it was nowhere but up from there until last year. I still think of myself as a fat girl, I'd think I'd remember being thinner than I've been in half a decade yesterday.'

The supermodel blinked, sighing, 'Alright, this is...let's not do this in public. But, I can prove to you that you were thin yesterday. For now, let's split up. I'll go get some weights and weapons, you finish off the food.'

Not that she really needed to get more food, Jessica thought as she looked at the groaning cart. Sarah was only slightly overweight but she was buying like a full on obese woman. She had to do something...or who knew what would happen.

Jessica went off, grabbing her own cart and heading to the gun and workout sections. 

'What was she talking about?' Sarah asked, shaking her head.

She was chubby, she wasn't happy with it but she accepted it. She at least wasn't obese anymore and with some effort might stay just chubby. Losing the weight was hard and Sarah wasn't under any illusions, she'd already bottomed out and begun rebounding back when she'd slacked. All those French bakeries loomed in her memory, as well as skipped running sessions and tightening clothes. She sighed and looked down at the heavily loaded cart...which wasn't set for someone hoping to lose weight.

God why was she buying this? The last time she'd bought food she'd only bought vegetables and low fat, organic, sugar free options. She was only eating meat one day a week after all, replacing the protein with egg whites. This had to be three times the calorie count she'd usually buy, she'd only eaten like this during her worst depression/pregnancy craving gorge sessions when she'd been up to 170 lbs. 

170?

'No, I was...240?' Sarah asked herself in confusion, 'No wait...170...'

She put her hand to her stomach, which should have been flat and firm, with abs resting right beneath the minimal layer of fat but instead was soft and squishy, bulging out on full display over leggings that should have fit easily.

'What the hell!' Sarah exclaimed as she entered the dairy aisle, looking down and feeling fat roll under her chin to see heavier breasts and an alien paunch on her fit body.

'Oh hey Ms. Smith!' Came a voice further down, 'you look like you've lost weight, do you want a free sample?'

Samantha stood by an Omni-dairy sample display, six feet of flawlessly firm muscle and perfectly balanced curves shown off perfectly in a miniscule skirt and crop top, a dairy cap perched on her elegantly coiffed hair above a baby smooth face. It was such a contrast to her overweight, mousey, short, pimply high school self that Sarah paused as Samantha hit a button on the display.

'You scream. I scream. We all scream for ice cream.

2 hours ago, swahilimonkfish said:

The imagination with which you described Rachel was spectacular. And I love the lack of contrivance in the plot. Characters communicate and stick together to solve the issue, not splitting up and being foiled by only having one half of the jigsaw puzzle. Great stuff sir!

Thanks. I wanted someone who's gone from already out of shape and chubby to just enormous in a short time period, pouring out of ripping clothes, waddling around in sweat in a cool room and just completely oblivious that htis is wrong.

13 minutes ago, Batman76 said:

Thanks. I wanted someone who's gone from already out of shape and chubby to just enormous in a short time period, pouring out of ripping clothes, waddling around in sweat in a cool room and just completely oblivious that htis is wrong.

It works fantastically, on a superficial level but also on an emphasising-the-plot-point level. Because now we know which direction Sarah might head in if Jessica doesn't intervene, so it ratchets the tension up further also. Smart writing

5 hours ago, >_< 0_0 said:

I think I have the same mental warp problem as the girls in the story 🤔 Every time I come back to this story, it’s slightly longer. Such an unnatural speed of writing! Something’s afoot 

You're going crazy, it's always had ten chapters.

Chapter 10: The One's Separated, together.

It didn't take long for Jessica to get her own cart and find the sporting goods section. Along the way she noticed quite a lot of fat women, women who should have been in the prime of their life but we're upward's of a hundred pounds above where they should have been. It wasn't that odd, an obese majority youth population wasn't far away after all, but that they're clothes were starting to rip off their bodies was alarming.

Just as baffling to the model as the waddling masses were the strangely high number of improbably gorgeous women. She'd spent too much of her short life on cat walks and photo shoots not to judge the feminine figure, but in the walk between the chip aisle and the gun aisle across the clothing section she saw a full dozen women who's bodies would have put her old gorgeous figure to shame. Jessica stared at one breathtaking redhead with hip length Crimson curls down almost to her slim knees, a flawlessly curvy 6'1 with abs that made the unwillingly plus-sized model involuntarily suck in her gut. The glorious girl was pushing a cart so packed with junk food, booze, candy and video games that fattening crap was falling out of it, it had to have two hundred pounds of artery clogging shit within it and this girl was pushing it lightly with one hand and pulling a pair of size sixes up with her free hand in between eating pork rinds.

'What the hell is going on here?' Jessica asked herself, as another red head waddled by, sweat pouring off of her freckled skin at the breathtaking walk she'd had to do.

A moment later she'd bought a few hundred rounds of .22lr, the caliber of her concealable pistol, some magazines and had submitted the paper work to pick up a more powerful pair lever action rifle and shot gun once the background check went through. On a whim she added a couple machetes at well in case they got close. With the bullets taken care of, Jess decided to get some weights.

She focused on smaller hand weights, 1 or 2 pound little dumb bells with neoprene covered handles but exposed iron ends. Jessica guessed that whatever monsters she'd killed were temporarily weakened by exposure to iron and wanted something to easily throw, even by Sarah who wasn't exactly a prime hunting partner anymore. 

'My friends getting fatter, I'm getting thinner and the world's going crazy,' the model sighed as she picked up a 45lb disc weight, 'Oh FUCK!'

Two kids stood staring at her as she dropped the weight with a clang and stepped backwards. The model stared at her hand which was already swelling with a red and painful outline of the weight she'd touched. It was like she'd grabbed a hot skillet or rubbed poison ivy on her hand and the pain wasn't even bearable, within three heartbeats it was blistered and starting to ooze. The hunger pang that hit her a moment later was worse and before she knew it Jessica had eaten three bars of Pemmican and a snicker with her free hand. 

'What the hell was that...,' Jessica whined as the food went down, finding herself covered in cold sweat and suddenly pain free.

She looked at her hand, which didn't bear a trace of damage. 

'Oh shit, I really am wolverine...,' the model whispered to herself, then remembered the lupine monsters sizzling when she'd rammed them into the iron wall, 'oh shit.'

Jessica whipped out a compact mirror and as relieved to find her normal face instead of a were wolf's. She put it back in her purse and took a pair of elegant driving gloves from her purse to pick up the weight as she reflected...

Well, no, it was not her normal face that she'd seen.This was was still round and bloated, with Apple cheeks and a double chin, not her real face, not the real her that she'd never, ever see again, that would only get more and more ugly over the next few years as she got fatter and fatter. She'd been perfect, fast, confident and strong and now she was a wreck inside and out, so slow she couldn't get above six miles an hour, a fraud who lied to fatties eager to hear there was nothing wrong with their unhealthy life styles and barely able to stay stronger than her fat. A few years and the grind on her joints would be too much for her to exercise and then it would be exponential: she'd need a cane by  thirty one, a walker by thirty two, a wheel chair at thirty three and then be bed bound by thirty five. And after that...

The tall brunette shivered, fighting down a panic attack. Whatever was happening, to her, to Sarah, to the town...she was already doomed. Had been doomed since her insane perfectionism had driven her past the point of no return and made her body go insane. If she hadn't been so fucking disciplined, if she'd given in and eaten a few fucking doughnuts like that fat fuck over there was doing and why had this happened to her? It wasn't fair! She'd been everything she'd ever wanted and now she was so-

A loud groan sounded and Jessica looked down at the weight in her hand. 45 lbs of iron had twisted in her grip into a modern art piece that looked more like a Pringles chip than metal. She could see the indentions of her own gloved fingers, where they'd pressed into the iron like clay.

'This isn't right,' Jessica muttered, suddenly calmed and put the weight (which felt feather light)  away. 

Hiding the weight back on the shelf, she grabbed a cast iron weight bar (carefully) and soon hurried back to find Sarah. Concern for her friend's weight was there ,but the old team captain needed reassurance that things would be okay. Sarah had always been that for her, the person who'd always been there supporting her no matter what idea sh'ed had. Losing that contact at high school's end had been like losing an eye, the model returned to it fast as she could.

'Jess?' Sarah asked as the model trotted by the clothing section, 'where you going?'

Sighing in relief, the frightened woman turned to see her friend, 'Sarah this is worse than I...oh fuck, you got fatter.'

Sarah's eyebrows knitted in shame and hurt, 'That's kind of rude of you to say Jess.'

Sarah had changed clothes and was wearing a brand new pair of casual grey sweat pants and a logo T-shirt of Wonder Woman. The former's wide legs somewhat hid Sarah's thick, toneless thighs and cradled the under slope of her FUPA. the later was stretched tight over her bulky upper body and the comic heroine's face was distorted by the sag of the former runner's very heavy looking unbra'd mom boobs. There was still a pale muffin top where Sarah's big, heavy looking belly pressed the clothes apart. That she'd once run cross country would be hard to believe, that she'd run yesterday a bad joke.

The blonde's face had lost all trace of any definition, it was round and puffy. It looked like she'd gained another thirty pounds in the minutes Jessica had been gone, in twenty four hours going from a fitness fanatic trophy wife to a chubby woman still trying to get back her figure to one who'd just given up and embraced the not so slow slide into obesity. Her well used running shoes were replaced with cheap tennis shoes and her shoulder length pony tail had become a speak to your manager bob.

'Okay, first off, I'm kind of freaking out, because I think I'm a werewolf,' Jessica whispered, 'second, sorry to hurt your feelings. Third, how much do you run a day?'

'Run?' Sarah asked in confusion, 'Sarah I haven't run since I had that knee injury junior year of college and got my scholarship altered. I only started walking long distances again this winter to try and lose a little baby weight.'

Jessica blinked her eyes and sighed, 'What happened to your clothes?'

'Uh...I had a little wardrobe malfunction,' Sarah shrugged, making her floppy boobs bounce, 'you know that happens to girls like us.'

No because you're not fat. And I'm not a fat girl either even though I'm the face of the plus size movement and I'm losing weight and becoming a monster and arguing with your increasingly fat ass, Jessica didn't argue.

'And did you eat any ice cream while I was gone?' Jessica asked.

'I had a few free samples but after I didn't gain from last night I figured it was no big deal,' Sarah, who'd gained seventy pounds since then, shrugged, 'anyway, I need to get a suit for Friday. You're the plus sized fashion expert, do you think I can pull off a two piece with this mom bod?'

Jessica blinked at her, then slowly pulled her phone from her purse, 'Sarah, what do you remember about last night?'

'Well you wanted to go exercise so I said how about a walk in the park and you said you wanted to climb the werewolf and then I whined a little about it and you said I'd let myself go and that's true,' the now fat blonde went on, 'and then I got tired on the way up and you went ahead...but then I went back to the car and I was...Sam was there but she was thin...wasn't she always thin? Then I ran back when I heard...but I don't run...'

Jessica held up her phone, showing the video of the High way patrol interrogating them. She paused as the camera swept over Sarah when it was pulled from the model's cleavage, showing exactly what she'd looked like: slender and gorgeous.

'When was this taken?' The near obese MILF asked, beginning to break out in a cold sweat as her body began to feel very heavy.

'About twenty four hours ago,' Jessica told her, 'nice set of runners thighs you had there and that waist...'

Sarah's puffy fingers touched the heavy bulge of her gut, a paunch that had covered her waist since she'd stopped being a thin girl years earlier. She'd been chubby at 145 six months after she'd quit running, heavy at 165 when she graduated, full on big at 185 when she got married and this size, 205,  after giving birth. She'd just totally let go until afterwards, until she'd busted a skirt at the school Christmas party and knew she needed to make a change...but no...she'd run through college, only gained ten pounds to 130 until she got knocked up and stayed at 130 since...

'Jess...something's wrong with me,' Sarah said as she kneaded fat that shouldn't be there and remembered hundreds of miles of runs this body could never have attempted, 'this isn't right.'

'And it's wrong with me too,' the brunette told her, using her gloved hands to casually bend one of the weights, 'and if we don't find out soon...I don't know what's going to happen to us.'