The Mystery

Batman76

Local French Teacher Sarah Smith notices that something very odd is happening in her idyllic New England Town: the local weight seems to be rising. But why is it only happening to the women, especially young, attractive women? Is it the inexplicable ice cream trucks? The new factory outside city limits? Related to the odd lights at the local military base or that strange fog off the ocean?

Sarah will have to team up with an estranged friend to try and solve the mystery, before its too late...

Chapter 1: The One Who Stayed, Thin.

Sarah's feet flashed down the park pavement on a humid June night, running flat out while her ear buds roared and her blonde hair flopped in a pony tail.

She felt muscles burn and kept going, letting the sensation be a thrill instead of a pain. She felt her lungs inhale to maximum and her breasts, still a little floppy from her pregnancy four years ago, heave against the sports bra that was a little too unsupportive. They were all old, familiar feelings to someone who'd been running for fifteen years, well, except the last one which would never feel right. Trading pert Bs for lower set Cs wasn't the best thing in the world even if her husband kept looking at them.

They didn't exactly feel great either, she reflected as she took a short water and stretch break at mile number three, half way through her run. Twenty seven wasn't old by any means, but she couldn't run unstretched like she could in high school and not wake up in a mess of cramps and strains and pains. She had to run careful now but she also had to run, there wasn't a choice to her. Twenty seven was a time in your life where you couldn't let your self slide otherwise you could get pretty big pretty quick. There were a couple women she saw around town who in High School had been her size and who now were pressing three hundred, even with out kids.

She didn't think to herself how crazy it was someone could be that big, Sarah knew it would be easy. She'd gained forty pounds her first pregnancy before she'd realized it, alerted only by the sudden uncooperation of her pre-bought maternity pants. She'd lost the baby weight if not the stretch marks but noticed how easy it was for a lot of moms in her daugher's play groups to lose the initial weight and then through stress and further births just sort of slide into obesity out of inertia. Her own mom had been like that, a home coming queen in High School and a runner herself in college, and Sarah had no memory of her being anything less than fat. Her job as a high school teacher, wasn't exactly great for staying thin: her female cohorts were like a line of nesting dolls, getting gradually rounder as you went along.

Starting up again, the trim blonde mother went into a sprint, as if trying to stay head of the middle aged spread chasing after her. She was a hundred and and thirty pounds of trim muscle and just a little fat on a 5'6 frame, not as skinny as high school but her mile times weren't far off from there. Most days she ran more than she had at 18, it helped with the stress and made her feel better when she couldn't stick to her daily calorie limit. She'd done a good job of it lately, her pants were getting looser, but she wanted to get down to her college weight of 120lbs. Part of her knew that was crazy and unnecessary, a physical a week earlier had said she was healthy as a horse after all and unlike her former hockey player and now lawyer husband who'd been content to let his abs turn into a beer gut, Sarah knew she was in great shape.

But her ten year reunion was coming up in July.

Sarah wasn't the only one who'd stayed in town but she was bound and determined to be the thinnest one there. She'd never had the drive to want to be a big city lawyer or move out long distance, she was too tied to the rolling New England Hills and somewhat chilly beach, but she wanted to show her old friends and rivals who'd moved away that she hadn't gone to seed just because she'd stayed nearby and had a kid. Especially Jessica Milgrave.

All state Cross Country and Track Four years running Jessica Milgrave. Junior and Senior Prom Queen Jessica Milgrave. Four time home coming queen Jessica Milgrave. The girl who made everyone feel fucking invisible since puberty descended upon her with a heavenly chorus, who hadn't even had the decency to be stupid because she'd also been Valedictorian Jessica.

Who instead of peaking in High School or burning out in college, was full ride scholarship and on the Deans List at Harvard Finance Jessica Milgrave. Who instead of gaining the Freshman Fifteen somehow also became Victoria's Secret Angel Jessica Milgrave while balancing that. Who'd then become Sports Illustrated Rookie of the Year Jessica Milgrave and Two Years in a row Cover Girl Jessica Milgrave and best paid model in the United States Jessica Milgrave and noted Humanitarian Jessica Milgrave and fantastically wealthy Investor Jessica Milgrave... she'd eventually become Jessica Milgrave who'd been so fucking perfect she could just decide to let herself get fucking ...

It was infuriating, so infuriating it took Sarah a minute to realize she'd been sprinting flat out for nearly four minutes. Covered in sweat, Sarah slowed to a jog, letting herself cool down mentally and physically. It wasn't that she'd Jessica had ever done a thing wrong to her, they'd in fact been best friends since they could toddle, but damn did Jessica's meteoric rise piss her the hell off. It had always been like she could do no wrong, to the point that when she actually did something that would be wrong for anyone else it went fucking better for her!

Foot steps announced other runners on the trail and she stepped to the side out of courtesy and a little fear. Crime was rare in Witchcove, but Sarah still ran with mace and was relieved to see two other women from her class jog by: Becky Sandpoint and Rachel Havern, neither going quite as flat out as Sarah had.

It was always surprising to see Becky, a fellow blonde and former cheer captain and see her be...almost the same as ten years ago. Short and sweet, in High School she'd had a reputation for being a ditz and a slut, both well earned. During Senior Year had gained twenty pounds of beer weight, growing thick thighs under her cheer skirt, popping her already large chest into E cup range and grown a little tummy oozing under the cheer sweater, she seemed sure to follow in her mom's tracks of becoming an immense bulk who'd peaked in HS, maybe even more as her mom had waited until twenty to start porking up. Sarah had expected her to wind up either a fat waitress or a fat, pregnant waitress by twenty but the girl surprised all of them by not only becoming an excellent nurse practicioner and marrying the former class nerd turned handsome doctor last year, all while becoming a dedicated if only mediocre runner. Sarah passed Becky three or four times a run, but she saw her there every time.

That much couldn't be said for Rachel. Not that Rachel was per say fat, okay she was a little fat, but she sure as hell wasn't the leggy, 110lb twig she'd been at 18. The local rich girl, spoiled youngest daughter of a beer distributor, had never really tried at anything beyond partying and as a result had come back from her first year with the freshman fifteen filling out her thighs. Instead of going back to school she'd become a secretary at her father's company and slowly bulked out: she hadn't run since an abortive half track season in junior year and between free beer and weekly doughnuts, soon found five pounds here and five pounds there until she'd had the wake up call of being the tubbiest bridesmaid at Becky's wedding by at least thirty pounds and the only one still single. She'd lost a good deal of weight since but was still noticeably chubby, her body favoring an awkward shape of heavy thighs, hips and lower stomach.

The two other women waved at her as they went by, Becky a bit ahead of the taller Rachel.

'..wants to take me out to that new sea food place,' Rachel said, voice panting, 'on friday evening.'

'We were gonna do that fun run Rach,' the blonde reminded her.

'Well, you can do it without me,' the heavier girl groaned,

'I'm not letting you flake out on this diet, even if it is for this rich guy your dad set you up with,' Becky said, breathing easy, 'what did you say he did again?'

'Some sort of science thing I wasn't listening...,' Rachel wheezed as they rounded a corner.

Sarah finished stretching and shook her had, Rachel was exactly what she wanted to avoid. She ran on at good pace, looking forwards to a shower and dreading having to get up in the morning. Her French class was going on a two week field trip and while they were a bunch of well behaved nerds, she'd have to be at school at 4 am and the air port by 5:30. Ugh, someone would always be late and she was lucky that birth control had improved because at least three virginities would be lost during the trip and damned if she'd be blamed for it.

Passing over a bridge and the fog coming off the river, she was absorbed in running through her morning routine to see if there was anything that could be bypassed when a strange jingle struck her ear: 'you scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream...' Instantly she thought about ice cream, the sweet rich taste of vanilla soft serve from the local burger joint that had put several of the stretch marks along her waist, the taste that she'd denied herself since the stretch maternity jeans had failed to get up over her hips at five months and her doctor had said she'd put on ten pounds more than she'd need for her whole pregnancy. She wanted some, even though she knew she didn't need it and where was it coming from she had to have some!

An unhooked ear bud hit her lightly in the eye as she jerked her head around. It was just painful enough to let herself snap out of it and realize that her music app had done that stupid thing where it was asking if she was still listening. As the jingle faded, she screwed the ear bud back in and she confirmed she'd like to keep listening, getting herself another thirty minutes of punk rock peace. Sarah ran on, determining to try and get the last mile done in under six minutes, no matter how dumb that was.

Instead of the easy way to the parking lot, Sarah decided on taking the woodland trail, dangerous at night but steep and punishing. Part way up, she passed a break in the trees that showed a shining new ice cream truck parked under a solitary street light. For a quiet New England town it seemed monumentally creepy, exactly something out of Steven King. Sarah slowed a bit, seeing two figures stepping away from the window: Becky and Rachel. The blonde, who'd held off perhaps the strongest fat genes in town with unstinting discipline, had a hot fudge sundae the size of a small child while Rachel had a waffle cone of vanilla in one hand and chocolate in the other, alternating bites like some sort of joke. A young woman stood in the window, her face smiling prettily as she watched the two ear. Neither was eating like a woman on a diet...

Wait, Sarah knew her. She hadn't had her in class but...who was she? Sam Sanchez? Ramirez? Something vaguely spanish, she looked different though...and why was an ice cream truck here in the middle of the night? Sarah watched both of the other women walk slowly away from the ice cream truck, moving sedately towards the parking lot down hill. Sarah paused her pedometer, watching the truck wait there with an odd menace for ten minutes before it drove off towards the park entrance. To her great surprise, it stopped next to the parking lot at the bottom of the hill for several minutes, almost like someone was buying something from it. But who? There were only two cars visible in the lot, her own and the now thoroughly dinged up mercedes Rachel had had since sixteen.

'They're not...buying seconds are they?' Rachel asked herself.

Wondering what the hell was happening, she ran on and a few minutes later was back in the parking lot, sweat shining on her body and endorphins pounding through her blood stream. The truck was no where in sight but both Rachel and Becky sat on the trunk of Rachel's car, talking and eating. Becky had a sundae that was 3/4ths un eaten and Rachel had another two giant waffle cones, their pace of consumption even while talking and the lack of melting meant that they had to be very recent purchases.

'way dad said it would be good for business to date him,' Rachel said between bites, 'and its not like I've had a lot of luck recently.'

'I'm glad its going well for you, but don't forget to work out,' Becky told her, without any irony using her sticky plastic spoon to poke Rachel's protruding stomach, 'you haven't lost enough weight to get complacent.'

'Please, I'm fine,' Rachel said, taking a bite so gigantic from her cone that Sarah could feel her own thighs thickening in sympathy, before looking at Sarah as she emerged from the treeline, 'oh hey Masturbater herself! Looking good girl.'

Sarah took the compliment, even though being reminded of her maiden name Maserbauer. She might be the sponsor for the school feminist club but she never regretted taking the dull name of 'Smith.'

'Thanks, just trying to keep the baby weight off,' she played down, 'you're looking good to, you must have lost what? Thirty pounds?'

'I wish,' Rachel sighed, eating more, 'I'd kill to have abs like you.'

'We'd have to run like her for that,' Becky joked, 'no way you'd catch me sprinting like her.'

'God, I haven't run since what, Junior year?' Rachel lamented, patting her beefy thighs, 'and I look it...'

Sarah looked down realizing that her sports bra and spandex shorts displayed her midriff pretty well. Even then she didn't really have abs. She had a flat stomach that crunches and planks kept firm despite the stretchmarks on them but it wasn't any sort of 'pack'. Even ten pounds lighter at her peak running speed she'd never had abs, unlike Jessica Milgrave who'd had pert D cups and stomach muscles you could play the xylaphone on and how was that even fair?

But in comparison to the over tanned, sloppy gut pouching out in between Rachel's tight shorts and tank top, Sarah knew she might as well have stepped off the pages of muscle and fitness. Rachel had been a size two without effort a decade ago, but now had the beer belly of a competitive drinker sloshing out. Worse than that really, her stomach was heavily bloated with dairy products, as was Becky who's usually flatish stomach had puffed out to a level not seen since her near chubby phase, going out past her breasts. Both were clearly stuffed, but kept eating without a care.

'Say,' Sarah said, somewhat uncomfortable, 'weird question but...have either of you heard about a fun run coming up?'

'Not that I can think of,' Rachel told her, taking another long lick of vanilla.

'I think there was something about it on a flyer in my waiting room,' Becky said hazily, 'didn't look carefully at it, its not my thing.'

'Um okay, well good talking to you girls again, but I've gotta get home,' the thin blond told them nervously, an unfamiliar fear going up her back, 'going to chaperone a trip to france in the morning.'

'Oh wow, Paris?' Becky cooed, 'call us when you get back!'

'I'll be sure to,' the teacher said, sliding into her car, feeling like something was behind her.

'Tell us all about it over ice cream!' Rachel insisted.

The car door shut and Sarah turned up the punk rock, pulling out a little too quickly. Driving home five miles over the speed limit, she decided to park in the garage, not getting out until the ceiling door had come down.

'What the fuck,' she muttered to herself.

Chapter two: The One Who Made It, Big.

Two weeks later...

A vacation in France always leaves one feeling relaxed. This holds true even if you've had to monitor a group of graduating seniors mostly intent on making out with each other through various historical sights they don't care that much about. But she'd held it together throughout the whole trip, even when she'd found the one smart cheer leader and the one buff math club geek naked in the hotel pool she'd held it together and gotten them all home and non-pregnant.

The very last kid had just been picked up at the airport, which meant that Sarah could at last go home. Until she got a small buzz on her cell.

'Crap' her husband texted and as she tapped in a response he repeated, 'flat tires.'

'What!?' she asked too quickly, 'use spares.'

'Three tires are full of nails, fuck,' he texted back, 'on side of the road. Calling tow truck. fuck. I'm sorry. I want to see you.'

'Fuck.' she typed in, 'I'll take a taxi or uber I guess...'

"Fucking Masturbator!' someone yelled out loud in the airport before she could get a response.

It wasn't a usual thing to hear in an airport, so Sarah knew it had to be aimed at her even before she recognized who it belonged to. She cringed on the inside, taking a deep breath and turning as she was near tackled by Jessica Milgrave. The strength wasn't a surprise, Jessica had been pound for pound the best athlete Witchcove had ever spawned, half the cross country and track records on the moldy banners in the gym were from her, although its degree was. Before her husband had let himself go to seed he'd been extremely buff, enough to curl her at a college party, but this was like being squeezed in an industrial vice that held her and her bags two feet off the ground for half a minute without trembling.

A squishy vice.

'Oh shit you look exactly the same!' Jessica laughed, putting her down finally, 'and here I'd thought you'd had a kid. Holy crap its like looking at a time portal!'

'Thanks,' Sarah gasped, looking at her best friend for years, 'you look...'

Immense.

Corpulent.

Rotund.

Pleasantly plump.

Noticably overfed.

A parody of yourself.

Fat as a tick.

'great,' Sarah said and the worst part was it wasn't even a lie.

Jessica Milgrave looked great. Jessica Milgrave would always look great. If you didn't believe that, look at Jessica Milgrave who'd put on a hundred and twenty pounds and still looked great.

'Thanks! Quite the change from High School, huh?' the other runner laughed.

At least five men and one woman checked Jessica out as she bounced. None had an ounce of disgust in their faces.

'Uh, yeah but you look...just amazing,' Sarah managed to get out.

Several things about valedictorian, record setting athlete, genius financier, super model Jessica hadn't changed. One was the smoothly tan skin inherited from a Phillipina mother her dad had brought back from a stint in the Navy, looking as soft and uncreased as it ever had when Sarah had started to the hint of crows feet. The other was the almost sparkling jet black hair that bounced and curled and waved all the way down to her back to her hips, the hair of a woman who didn't need to get a fussy toddler in the car by 7:00 every morning. Then there was her height, a staggering 5'11 passed down from generations of gigantic Norwegians that had made Sarah feel like a midget since middle school. The eyes of course, sparklingly cold blues that looked like they'd weighed and measured her a hundred times per glance, were the same and her teeth, dazzlingly white and neither too large nor too small behind full pink lips.

'I know!' Jessica said in a way that no human being, especially a human being who'd gained forty pounds a year three years in a row would say, 'I'm so glad to see you though! I thought you'd stayed here, why are you at the air port? I would have asked you to pick me up but I didn't want to impose on you.'

Impose. Jessica Milgrave didn't impose on anyone. Jessica arrived and people would throw themselves in the street before her to spare her shoes.

'Just finishing up a long field trip,' Sarah went on, trying not to stare at the cavernous depths of Jessica's cleavage and feeling her IQ drop around it even though she was straight as an arrow, 'my husband is supposed to pick me up but had a flat and...'

'Holy crap I should drive you home!' Jessica crewed, 'I haven't gotten to speak to you since your wedding and I never got to meet your baby!'

The wedding. The wedding that had taken place two weeks after Jessica's first SI cover had been released and every single eye had been on her. The wedding when her stupid prick of a husband had kept looking over at the taller, slimmer, bustier woman Sarah had been dumb enough to make a bridesmaid...well, that had changed at least. Well, one third of that had changed.

'I, you know what sure,' Sarah agreed, 'let's do it.'

People looked at Jessica when she went down the regional airport. People always looked at Jessica, but that it hadn't changed was weird. It should have changed, if Sarah had doubled in size she knew she wouldn't get a second glance but everyone they passed undressed the model with their eyes. God it wasn't fair!

Half way through the air port a little alarm on Jess' smart watch beeped and she said it was time for her to get some protein, resulting in her ordering a six inch meat lovers from a subway kiosk. That a super model could make eating a sand wich look erotic wasn't surprising, but that a 240lb woman could shot gun it and leave people drooling was an insult. She was wearing a sky blue skirt and top combo that looked painted on and Sarah felt herself feel jealous of the giant ass bouncing in front of her, because despite all that fat Jessica still easily out paced her.

How could she have done this to herself? And how come it hadn't mattered?

That Jessica's body had been enviable was an understatement. All that running meant perfect athleticism, she'd been honed, muscle from head to toe without a stretchmark or cellulite patch but had somehow been able to not look bulky, mannish or ungraceful. Her height should have made her look ungainly but instead it just made her seem extra graceful. Unlike Sarah Jessica had had abs as a birth right, a rock hard six pack during peak season and a firm two pack during the rest of the year. She'd maintained the two pack for most of her conventional modeling career, so logically she'd been unable to get a six pack up to snuff during shoots and runways, right? Maybe she'd only been firm during the rest of the year, bu Sarah was certain that Jessica had never struggled with her weight at any point. Even seeing her in front of her, a massive giant of a woman, Sarah couldn't believe she was fat.

The whole thought was besides the point, because instead of abs she had a bulging, smooth belly hanging out loud and proud to see. It didn't ooze or wobble, but it had a hypnotizing bounce synced to her heeled steps. Her skirt let it all hang out, a delicious feast both soft and firm. The love handles that poured over it looked tantalizing, how could love handles look sexy? How could you go from a 24 inch six pack to a 39 inch pot belly and just show it off?

All of her was impressive, had always been impressive. No one who exercised that much should have had breasts but it seemed that the D cups Jessica had grown, which hadn't slowed her an iota, had been her basement in size. Sarah had watched them grow cup size by cup size over her modeling career from magazine covers and swimsuit ads, into DDs during her first Victoria's Secret catwalk show and then Es during her sports illustrated rookie year until finally at twenty five during her last shoot as a non-plus sized model with the weight voluntarily starting to stick to her barely size eight frame as jaw dropping Fs. They hadn't grown quite as big as the rest of her, it was almost like they had a head start and the rest were catching up. But they were still immense, certainly Gs who's firmness defied belief. She was wearing a bra of course but the way they sat in it said they were just as perky as ever, certainly perkier than Sarah who'd breastfed.

Her ass seemed to bounce as they went along, slowly forcing the tight dress up and up, away from her shapely meaty thighs, higher and higher over the inflated heart of her smooth buttocks. She tugged it down occasionally without missing a beat, perfectly used to this. Jessica had always had a big ass but before it had been rock hard and firm, now it was a gigantic valentines day pillow. And Sarah was sure that if she lifted up that skirt, there wouldn't be one stretch mark on it, not one dot of cellulite.

The thighs, the thighs that had won piles of gold long distance medals, were smooth and firm. They didn't slap or wobble and she didn't waddle, instead she rasped. Each long confident step had the faint rasp of underwear being slid tantalizingly off or jeans being pulled down. It was like a mantra promising complete sexual bliss, punctuated with a click of stilleto heels worth as much as Sarah's car.

'So how's Witchcove?' Jessica asked, turning in exactly the way she would for a magazine shoot and making a tantalizing crease of side fat form on her side.

'Same old same old,' Sarah made herself smile, 'chill in the winter, warm in the summer. How is...where do you live?'

'Oh here and there. NYC, LA, Hawaii, I like Seattle though, nice and damp,' the model laughed, the same deep honest laugh as always but now it became a sort of all over bounce from cherubic cheeks to FUPA, 'my boyfriend has a restaraunt chain there. It's to die for...'

Jessica went along on a diatribe of all the different kinds of deserts for sale there which was...normal for a woman of her size but weird for Jessica. Jessica was a health nut, from when she put the entire unwilling team on a diet the first year they won state to the interviews she still gave with muscle and fitness as a professional model. To hear her gush about desert was like hearing a devout Jew describe bacon sandwiches and pork ribs.

And worst of all were the looks. People watched Jessica, people drank in Jessica, people adored Jessica. Jessica with her thick thighs rasping and bountiful tummy fat starting to bisect over her skirt. Jessica with her full on double chin. Jessica with hips wide than a cow that bumped into people as she sashayed, the world her run way. Jessica with her head sized tits surging like dolphins cutting the waves!

And nobody looked at Sarah. Sarah who'd stayed rail thin. Sarah who watched what she ate. Sarah who could fit into her clothes from college easily and high school with a bit of pinch and was wearing tight yet comfortable leggings that showed off her legs and wasn't getting a side glance. This wasn't fair!

Eventually they reached the car kiosks, where Jessica looking fresh as a daisy despite combination dragging/carrying at least 90 pounds of luggage signed on for the most expensive Tesla in the lot and said, 'oh I wish I could stay forever, but I'm shooting my next SI cover in August and then a big shoot for victoria's secret after that...'

'Victoria's secret doesn't have a plus size division,' Sarah said unthinkingly.

There.

She'd said it, out loud to the world. Surely now everyone would realize that Jessica Milgrave wasn't perfect anymore, that the world's sexiest woman had blimped up! Soon everyone would snap out of it and the adoration wold turn to jeers and ...

'Big secret don't tell anyone,' her friend winked, 'they needed to push up sales so they're going up to size twenty six and getting rid of weight limits on their angels. They're a lot easier to work with now a days.'

Everyone still stared. Of course they did, everyone knew Jessica Milgrave was...big. She'd announced her attention to go plus size in an interview with Conan casually, gracefully and with her abs on full display in dress that should have been illegal.

'What's your plan for the next Sports Illustrated cover?' the comedian had asked, 'the moon?'

'Maybe, but I don't plan on doing another until I gain a hundred pounds,' she'd smiled and the crowd had laughed and SI had said they'd happily shoot her at any weight.

But a lot of food pictures had popped up in her instagram and her agent's size chart changed and picture by picture she'd blown up and it hadn't been a joke and everyone loved it. 'It was bold and breathtaking', Variety said, 'a way to show that you can be healthy and happy at any size' Vogue opined, 'a true blow for women's self confidence and beauty' Cosmo, 'Fuck, I think I like fat chicks now' someone on reddit posted when her next Maxim cover with sixty new pounds was posted.

She got fatter and fatter. Hollywood called and asked her to play a superhero. She agreed only if the comic version was modified too. Sales skyrocketed.

Everyone was fucking thrilled she was fat!

Once the bags were loaded into the back of the car and the seat adjusted for Jessica's height, they were off. Sarah talked, she talked about France and her husband and her baby and her school and it all sounded so fucking boring. Jessica hadn't even talked about beaches and fucking professional athletes and oscar winning actors but her deserts were more interesting!

'Oh it all sounds so wonderful,' Jessica smiled and for the first time Sarah noticed how her left hand, her full soft hand, bore a diamond worth more than her house and that resting in her boobs was a sapphire necklace worth each of her neighbor's houses too.

Holy crap, how rich was she? Another thing to be jealous for...

'Hey, are those police cars ahead of us?' Jessica asked.

Chapter 3: The ones who were trapped, outside

'What the hell kind of Super Trooper shit is this?' Jessica asked as her luxury rental slowed to a halt, 'This never happened while I lived here...'

It was twenty miles from the interstate exit into Witchcove itself. Usually the drive from the airport to there should only have taken as many minutes, the town barely enforced the speed limit, but this morning it was clearly going to take hours. The women were at least a mile from the exit and every inch of it was covered in stopped vehicles and red tail lights.

Police cars, lights flashing were parked at measured intervals. Uniformed high way patrol were walking up and down the long line of cars, waving people forwards. A bit down the line a sign had been set up, yellow lights blinking 'Police Checkpoint, have IDs ready. Do not turn around. Violators will be prosecuted. Roads closed save for local traffic.'

'This has never happened while I've lived here either,' Sarah told her, taking her wallet out of her purse.

Inside she saw her phone, her husband texting her saying 'You there? Finally got tires but cops closed exit? Hello? Call me?'

She sighed and texted him back 'got a ride, stuck in traffic on opposite end. See you at home.'

'Your husband worrying about you?' Jessica asked, taking a selfie of herself.

'Yeah, seemed really worried, ' Sarah grunted as the phone buzzed again.

'Partner called in. Needs me to go to Boston office for rest of week. Sorry,' it read, just as Jessica's watch let out a beep.

'Ugh, he didn't even ask...' She muttered as she heard the sound of a wrapper tearing.

Jessica's white teeth were biting through a large bar of some weird meaty substance, while a bite sized candy bar was perched delicately on each of her knees as desert. She ate it vigorously but not a crumb of it fell away, even though her chest bounced upward's with each motion like they were jumping for it.

'Sorry, protein time and no restaraunts insight. Are things alright?' The super model asked with that horrible genuine warmth that had been available even to the homeliest, most socially awkward girl in school.

Sarah hated it, because it was real.

'Just...he's been working a lot for the past ever really,' Sarah sighed, 'almost since we got married. It's a miracle that I ever got pregnant to be honest. His law firm is always busy and I'm always busy and my daughter always needs me and he was supposed to take the rest of the week off so we could catch up while the kid was at grandmas but sheesh I can't even have that.'

She was surprised at how spiteful she sounded. Not sad, but just bitterly angry. Sarah let out a sigh as the car inched forwards.

'I know how it feels to be busy, like you can't even stop for a moment otherwise everything falls apart,' the gorgeous, technically obese brunette assured her, 'but you look like its worse than just busy. I know we haven't talked in years but I'm here for you now Sarah. This wouldn't be the first time one of us has had to cry on each other's shoulders.'

'I don't know, it's that we only get an hour or so alone time each day before we pass out but...lately I havne't even wanted to spend it with him,' Sarah continued, 'and he hasn't cared. Just...alright, I'm not quite where I was from our all state days but I've kept myself looking good. I get looks when I go running, hell I go running! Every day and I was never really a jock.'

'Sarah, you were all state two years and got eight letters in track,' Jessica told her, near perfect memory rattling off a list of old awards, 'you medaled almost every meet. You were kind of a jock.'

'No, no I was theater geek and foreign language nerd who likes running and staying thin,' Sarah went on, annoyed enough that she'd let that last part slip.

Jessica didn't notice. She sat there with her giant thighs filling the seat and didn't blink. How could she do that?

'He...well he was a dumb shit hockey player who was ripped to hell and knew how to network and cram through being a lawyer and made good money. He breathed sports but I don't think he's worked out since he graduated and he drinks beer like water. His boobs are bigger than mine and he's not even strong under it all, we switched fridges this fall and he was nearly useless moving out the old one. he dropped it twice, I had to be the one carrying it down the steps,' Sarah ranted, 'and he wasn't even embarassed about it!'

'Jeez, it sounds like he might be having some issues,' Jessica who'd gained at least twice as much in half the time observed, 'have you thought about a counselor?'

They'd almost reached the end of the check point before Sarah could answer. At least half a dozen cops were in front of them, waving cars off to the interstate. One of them approached, hands resting on the machine gun that was strapped over his chest and another approached from the side, leading a German Shepard the size of a horse that began sniffing the electric car.

Sarah felt a cringe of unease. Cops with rifles checking people in her town? This wasn't right. But Jessica merely shook her shoulders and gave a smile as she rolled down the windows. 

'Hello officer, is there a problem?' The model asked with perfect concern, a foot of cleavage on display beneath her chin.

'License and registration please,' the cop demanded, as if this throbbing avatar of sexuality wasn't in front of him, 'are you a Witchcove resident?'

'Well, I used to be a few years ago,' one of the most famous women in the world and certainly from witch cove said, taking out her ID, 'coming on vacation for my ten year reunion.'

It was ID older one Sarah could tell in the glimpse. The weight said '130 lbs' and the picture (a crap driver's license picture for shits sake!) had cheek bones so sharp they made the eye sting, it looked like a vogue head shot. The contrast between the ludicrously fit woman on the card and the baby elephant sized she hulk filling the Tesla should have been stark. Jessica should have been unRecognizable, bloated and unhealthy, miserable and washed out but that radiant sense of perfection washed off of her in waves. She looked amazing with all of that blubber and was unmistakably her, even if Sarah hadn't followed her career and known her old friend had blown up she would have been able to pick her out of a line up.

'Only current residents are allowed in, please continue on there's an exit to turn around on abou two miles down,' he said with a practiced tiredness.

'Wait!' Sarah called out, 'I live here! You've gotta let us through, I have to pick my daughter up from my mom's place, please.'

She handed over her own ID, taken at the humiliating peak of her pregnancy where her face was bloated and had a nice outbreak of acne and the weight read '170 lbs'. The cop looked at it and looked at her, then walked back to the officer in charge. There was a short conversation, someone spoke on a radio and then he walked over to their car.

'Ma'am, are you two the only ones in this vehicle? The police man questioned.

'Yes, it's a two seater of course we are,' Sarah told him, getting exasperated.

'And you intend to stay in Witchcove for the next two weeks?' He continued.

'Yes, what's going on? Has there been some sort of  toxic waste dump or something?' She asked.

'Ma'am, I advise you not to pick up any hitch hikers. If you see any suspicious persons, please call the Highway Patrol immediately,' the cop said, 'you two are good to go.'

He waved them to the side and Jessica drove onto the exit ramp, the sole car.

'What the hell was with that guy?' Sarah asked.

'A lot of wrong things,' Jessica told her, pulling the latest model IPhone out of her boobs and turning off the video recording ap, 'for one thing, cops usually have name tags and badge numbers. That guy didn't.'

'Wait, what?' The jet lagged French teacher questioned, 'no name tag?'

"Yeah, he was also ripped to shit,' the super plump model continued, 'all of them were. Now first, I'm engaged not dead. Second, every cop there was both ripped and under thirty, how often do you see a bunch of cops and not one of them is at least kinda fat?'

'That is a little weird, maybe not as much as the badges,' Sarah agreed as the tesla shot up the near empty highway.

For several minutes it was silent between them, until Sarah looked at the phone sitting on the model's lap, 'Jess, why did you have your phone recording that?'

For once Jessica was quiet, 'Just a test.'

'Were you worried about the cop assaulting you?' Sarah asked her.

'No...not really,' the brunette said, somewhat flatly and then slammed on the breaks as a dairy cow wandered across the road and stopped.

The electric car slammed to a halt, Jessica's breasts making the horn hook as they hit the steering wheel but they managed to avoid catastrophe. It just stared at them, dull eyes blinking and mooed. 

'Don't see that often at any of my places,' the tall brunette said softly, rubbing a sore boob.

'Gotta say it's the first one I've seen living here,' Sarah agreed, rubbing her own shoulder where the seat belt had cut into it.

Jessica honked but the cow just stood there, mooing.

'Ugh, stupid thing,' Sarah sighed, 'why won't you go?'

'Because it's in pain, look at its tits. They're gigantic,' Jessica pointed, 'poor thing looks like it hasn't been milked in days.'

The animal's udders were gigantic, swaying back and forth, faintly dribbling milk. Jessica got out, suddenly not a rich, image conscious city model but a girl who's famil had farmed here for centuries. Sarah unbuckled her seat less eagerly, her parents had been dentists, as Jessica sashayed back and forth. Her hips were hypnotizing, they made the eye glue itself to their bouncing orbs as they threatened to break free of her dress her back broke into fat rolls as she petted the lolling beast, finding a halter around its neck.

'Aww, poor baby, let me see your ear tag...,' Jessica cooed as if the ton of milk and polka dot as a little kitten, 'ah, Creedance farm. He was the one who had a crush on you Sarah.'

'No, he was just trying to get to you,' her old friend denied, not adding 'like always.'

'Anyway, it's not too far,' Jessica told her, 'I'm gonna walk this baby back home. You want to come?'

'Should we be doing that?' Sarah asked.

'Of course, it's lost,' Jessica laughed, 'I didn't give two million to ASPCA just to walk by a miserable cow on the road. There's a pair of hiking boots in the smaller suit case, get them out for me if you would.'

'Why do I have to get your shoes?' Sarah asked, 'this isn't prom!'

'Do you want to hold the cow instead?' Jessica asked her.

Fifteen minutes later and they were walking up a long drive way, the model casually splashing up the muddy gravel leading the cow. Sarah followed behind, not sure who's hips went back forth the most. It wasn't as hot as hit could be considering, but sweat was starting to break out over both women. Sarah hadn't had a shower since the day before and felt disgusting while Jessica looked like she did in an advertisement. Despite all the running she'd managed to squeeze in on the trip to France, Sarah felt like she could pass out. She had't eaten anything but a granola bar for breakfast, hoping for a nice lunch with her husband, but Jessica was moving at quick pace.

'Here, catch,' Jessica said, drawing from her seemingly bottomless tiny purse another of those bars and tossing it over, 'you really haven't changed. You never ate enough in track either.'

Sarah managed to catch it, seeing a wrapper with a buffalo on it, 'Pemmican?'

'Buffalo meat and berries, full of protein, good fat and vitamins,' the bouncing sex bomb told her, 'seriously eat it, you look like you're going to pass out.'

Sarah ignored the high calorie content on it and did eat it. It was greasy but once it hit her stomach she felt better, energized even. She caught up to Jessica as they neared the farm house and barn complex.

'Thanks...I really hadn't eaten anything today,' Sarah said.

'Sounds nice,' the model told her, 'but hey, gotta be here for you while I can eh?'

It reminded her of why she had liked Jessica. Being in her shadow might mean not being noticed, but she did keep the rain and sun of you too. She noticed everyone around her, all the time and made sure that they were taken care of, be it her best friend from ten years ago or a cow.

'Hey, anyone home?' Jessica yelled when they got into the yard.

The tall woman still had a set of lungs on her, but no one answered. There wasn't a car or truck in the drive way either.

'Are they not home?' Sarah suggested.

'Maybe, let's go knock,' Jessica decided, tying the cow to a fence post by a water tank.

They walked up to the house, Jessica pausing when her watch beeped. Speedily, the model cleaned her hands with sanitizer and then ate a full sized and slightly melted snickers from her purse.

'Fat and carb time,' she said as way of explanation, checking her lips with a compact, 'chocolate is just extra.'

Sarah looked at her with an eyebrow raised. Jessica had never been a mousey eater,  but she certainly didn't eat several meals worth of food in a few hours. And she'd never touched sweets even though chocolate boxes piled up around her at Valentine's Day.

'Are you on a diet Jessica?' Sarah asked, 'I mean you're a model you have to be, but do you really have to eat that often?'

'I've been on one for three years,' Jess confirmed, slightly warily, 'and for this one...yeah.'

She cut off conversation with a knock on the door. When no one answered she knocked harder, making the fat jiggle on her under arm and her boobs bounce. The door slid open under the tumult, her knock opening it.

'Creepy,' Sarah observed, 'let's get back to the car.'

'Hello?' Jessica shouted inside, 'Hi, I found your cow on the road. Is anyone home?'

No one answered her shouts.

'Jess, we should go!' Sarah told her, tugging on her arm.

It was the first time she'd touched Jessica since graduation. Then her arm had felt like a steel cable. Now it felt like a significantly thicker steel cable with a comfort pillow wrapped around it. Sarah had better chances of moving the Statue of Liberty.

'There have to be people here, there's food on the table,' Jessica insisted when the smell hit them.

It wasn't awful, the type of smell you'd associate with a body. But it was rotten and Sarah recognized it instantly as eggs that had been left out. Jessica walked forwards, the porch groaning under her step and flies flew off of the table. Closer, an abandoned, moldy meal was clearly seen, abandoned uneaten on the dinner table. A two week old news paper sat on the table.

Jessica backed slowly out of the house, ass bumping into Sarah and almost sending her off the porch.

'Fuck, I'm sorry,' she said, pulling up Sarah like she weighed nothing, 'this is weird. I'm calling the cops, if they're gonna screw up our schedule we can at least make them do their jobs.'

'Someone's coming,' Sarah said, seeing a truck make its way up the drive way.

'And I have no bars, thank you rural geography,' Jessica sighed, sliding the phone back into her bra, 'this is some seriously weird shit going on and I hope to god that whoever is driving up isn't a serial killer.'

The truck proved to be spotless under the dust and brand new. A young man in a white uniform with the badge of a security guard.hopped out of it, a stun gun on his belt.

'What in the hell...,' He began, before stopping, 'Ms. Smith?' 

'Jeremy Hofstetch?' Sarah said in surprise, recognizing one of her French IV seniors from three years ago.

He'd gotten much taller since then and lost the substantial nerd gut and man boobs in exchange for abs and pecs, while his acne had cleared up and his biceps had bulked out. Then again she'd been a pregnant walrus at the time so anyone could change. That much was apparent when he noticed Jessica step off the porch and his eyes nearly popped out of his head, while her breasts nearly popped out of her top.

'Holy shit,' the man nearly stammered, 'are you ...'

'Jessica Milgrave, I take it you know my friend Sarah here?' The model asked, reaching out a hand that was instantly taken.

'you knew Jessica Milgrave?' The kid stammered.

'He was in my French class,' Sarah explained, leaving out how he and every other boy that year had had Jessica's cover taped up in their lockers as a form of communal worship, 'Jeremy, what's going on? Where are the Creedances and why are you here? Why are you dressed like that?'

The radio blared at his hip, a grumpy voice demanding, 'Hofstetch? I want a situation report now.'

'Investigating now,' he said into it instantly, then turned back to them, 'what are you guys doing here?'

'We found a cow in the road,' Jessica pointed out, 'it's tag said it was from here.'

'Oh shit, #54, the one the idiots in processing lost,' the kid sighed, 'thank god you found her at least. Look...I.'

He stopped because Jessica had put her hand on his shoulder, 'Jeremy, did something happen to the people here?'

'Oh the Creedances?' He asked, 'they got bought out. I'm on detail for guarding them and five other farms near here until survey can decide what's going on.'

'Bought out by who?' Sarah pressed, fighting to make herself not be invisible. 

'Omni-Dairy,' he said as if it was obvious, 'Oh, crap you've been on the field trip haven't you? My class couldn't go because you were on maternity leave. Yeah, this new conglomerate opened up a processing plant in town two weeks ago. A lot of people are working there now and they're buying all the little mom and pop farms.'

Sarah felt herself relax, but she still felt weird about it, 'Oh...'

'Hey, how about I offer you guys a ride back to your car?' He asked insistently, 'it's a hot day and wouldn't want  you guys getting hit...'

'Oh that sounds great,' Sarah began, but Jessica stopped her.

'Actually we're fine. Gotta get those ten thousand steps in every day, right?' She insisted, grabbing Sarah by the arm, 'It was nice meeting you Jeremy, here, do you want an autograph?'

'Sure!' He insisted with teen age enthusiasm again as Jessica with drew a 4X4 photo from her purse, of her third SI cover.

She was a hundred and seventy pounds about to break through a bikini made out of dental floss. Her fat was immensely firm looking, Sarha had to guess that at least half her gain was muscle given by what she'd felt, and never had a double chin and brushing thighs looked more persuasively sexy. Jessica scratched her name on it quick as lightning and then the two were off down the drive way.

'What the hell is wrong with you?' Jessica whispered when they were a hundred yards away, 'You never,  never get into a car with a stranger. What is this, the 70s?'

'Please, Jeremy there coudn't hurt a fly,' Sarah tried to play off.

'Jeremy there looks like he eats HGH and lives in a weight room,' Jessica said, 'and has a taser and that farm gave off creepy vibes. No way the Creedances were bought out.'

'I...you have a point,' Sarah agreed, 'farming life sucks but they were the biggest dairy farm in three counties. Even if they sold out, could they do it that quick?'

' Not quick enough to leave breakfast on the table and all their appliances inside,' Jessica pointed out.

the rest of the drive in was uneventful, besides Jessica eating another pemmican bar at a red light and pressing something on her smart watch. They turned onto Sarahs' street, a set of brick and wood homes from the sixties, all well maintained and gorgeous. Her parents had lived on this street before moving out to their farm home to pursue some sort of bucolic ideal and Sarah didn't feel quite so pathetic living six doors down from where she grew up.

'Turn here,'  Sarah yawned, feeling the length of the day.

When she opened her eyes there was someone running down the side walk. It was a young woman with curly red hair and freckles, pouring out of a sports bra and very skimpy running panties. She wasn't fat but she was clearly fifteen or twenty pounds above what those skimpy running clothes were made for! A small belly rolled over the running bottoms and her thighs quivered with effort at each step, while new boobs threatened to burst free.

Amber lived a street to the north, another one of her French kids and a recent graduate back for summer break from college. She'd been An award winning volley ball player a year earlier and done great, Sarah could have sworn she'd gotten a scholarship for it. Clearly Amber had put on the freshman fifteen in the interim. She stopped, hands on her knees, sucking in air desperately, belly poaching into rolls. .

No wait, Sarah could have sworn she'd seen Amber running not long ago at the start of summer and she'd been rail thin...

'Is this it?' her driver asked, 'Nice looking digs.'

'Thank you Jessica, I really don't know what I'd have done with out you,' Sarah told her.

'No  thank you,' the model sighed, going to her phone, 'hey, do you know of any hotels in town? Nice ones, not the gross one by the high way? I had a room near the airport, but that's an hour away and doubt I can get through the check point if it's still there on the way back.'

Sarah thought about it. There really weren't any hotels she knew of, her friends best bet was an Air BNB but...she had a guest room that was almost never used. And Jessica had driven her in...and after today's weirdness she didn't want to be alone at night.

Why she had that feeling she had no idea but...something wasn't right.

'this is a title short notice,' Sarah began, 'but, I have a guest room here. If you want to stay until whatever check point is on the road is gone, I don't think my husband would mind.'

What husband would mind a three time SI model, Victoria's Secret angel super model into his house Even if she was plus sized, it's not like her husband had a and had an inch to complain. God would she be more or less pissed if he popped a boner again seeing Jessica?

Jessica took a deep breath, 'Okay...on one condition.'

'What's that?'  Sarah asked.

'On the condition we use that pool immediately,' Jessica said, turning off the car, 'a girl my size works up a sweat!'

Down the street, Amber Brauswick wheezed in exhaustion and confusion.

She'd never been hit like this from running such a short distance. The volley ball star had felt herself getting slower and slower every day since she'd come home for summer break and her clothes getting tighter and tighter. the scale at home kept saying she was the same weight but this gut and these thighs argued against that,  she hadn't made it half of a mile today, it was like all those post season work outs hadn't happened. Practice would be starting in a month and if she was running like this for whatever reason she'd be cut and lose her scholarship!

'You scream, I scream we all scream for ice cream,' played dimly a street over, slowing to a halt near a small park.

Amber grinned and broke into a sprint, huffing and puffing as she hurried to catch the mobile stand. She hadn't run like this since senior year and knew she'd pay for it with sweat and cramps, but the ice cream would be worth it. The soft folds of her body pinched and prodded as she neared the park at a graceless lumber of maybe five miles an hour, all those thirsty Thursday's and weekend keggerparties and skipped post season workouts dragging on her. But hey, she had a whole month to get back in shape...

22 hours ago, swahilimonkfish said:

I must confess to being rather taken by this fetching young Jessica lass! She is seems mighty dapper.

Oh, and if not King or Lovecraft, I think I've worked out you're inspiration. New England, mystery, Jessica... is this Batman does Murder She Wrote? 😆

It was unintentional. I did want to have a heroine who starts out big in a story though.

13 hours ago, flaming-hades said:

Awesome story! Really loving the small town set up and rich characters. Hope we get to see more of this one.

Thanks! I want the town to be a character in and of itself.

6 hours ago, xandercroft said:

Looking forward to this one! 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, swahilimonkfish said:

Yeah, you're pacing this really nicely and not breezing past the details. The interactions feel natural, the duo's relationship feels real and that dark hum of mystery runs through it nicely. Great work Batman!

Thanks! I want this to be somewhat slow, with Jessica providing the fan service.

Chapter 4: The in Control, Out of

Sarah splashed cold water onto her face in the privacy of her bathroom.

'There's nothing you haven't seen before and nothing she hasn't seen before. You've seen each other in bikinis since you were in bikinis,' the blonde teacher told her somewhat damped reflection, 'so what you're up ten pounds since college, she's up a hundred and forty! So why the hell am I nervous?'

She'd slid into a bikini, just a regular, nothing special red bikini. Okay, it was a little high waisted to hide some pregnancy stretch marks that hadn't gone away but other than that it was completely normal. Sarah looked at herself in the mirror, seeing a thin, fit looking woman with her hair drawn into a pony tail. Her breasts didn't exactly pop up the same way as they used to but they filled the top out nicely and her stomach didn't have any hint of excess. She couldn't really pinch anything on it, the extra inch she'd gained since college best filed under miscellanious, and the divide between waist and hip was clear. Turning, she looked at her butt and frowned at how big it was getting, yeah asses had been in for years but the muscle was piling up on it. Sighing, she  ran a hand down her legs, smooth from a quick touch up and firm from all her running but with the thigh gap still just barely closed. She looked good, it was hard to argue against that yet the disquiet still gnawed at her.

'Why do I still feel like she's going to look better than me?' she asked quietly.

Because Jessica had always looked better than her, that was why. Because Jessica was better than her by almost any metric she could guess. Even though Jessica was hauling around an extra her in terms of body weight.

Biting the metaphorical bullet, Sarah grabbed a towel and sunscreen to head outside. Her husband had at least kept the pool clean and filled to her relief, not that he'd ever do any athletic activity in it. Standing on the deck, she bent down and confirmed that a fresh chlorine tab was in its place and threw out some bugs caught in the filter.

A shadow, vast and dangerous loomed over her. Sarah blinked for a moment as she realized the sun was hidden and then a strong arm under her legs and shoulders. Within an eyeblink she was flying through the air, crashing hard into the deep end of the pool with a splash. Coughing she pulled herself out of the water to see Jessica laughing at her from the deck, the deep booming laugh that was so at odds with her old ultra feminine appearance.

She was still ultra feminine, but the booming laugh now mixed appropriately with the bouncing rolls moving across her gut.

Before the short skirt hadn't let it truly be seen, but now there was no denying it: Jessica Milgrave of the chiseled six pack now had a gut. It was big as Sarah's had been at the height of her pregnancy but looked far softer, a tan sphere of cinnamon apple butter warmed up in the microwave. Once she'd had a tiny belly button with a piercing, but now it was a cavernous hole that looked six inches deep. There were stretch marks along its bottom slope, angry purple ones that the skirt had covered up, and it had a good degree of sag to it, at the corners it was beginning to crease into a double belly. It looked soft as whip cream and warm as fresh bread, perfectly squishy and the only part of her body that didn't hint at the muscles napping beneath it.

'I could have had my phone you bitch!' Sarah sputtered in confusion.

'Nah, I have checked first,' Jessica laughed, taking her own phone out of her cleavage and putting it on a deck chair next to her smart watch and bending her massive thighs, 'cannon ball!'

Water gushed up into the air and Sarah was knocked under again by the wave. She pulled herself up, awkward and coughing again, as Jessica shot up out of the water with a kick of her long powerful thighs. The model flicked her hair as she did so, the jet mane swinging through the air as her breasts bounced first up and then down at the apex of her jump, the heavy mammaries threatening to rip through the swimsuit.

Jessica was wearing a white mono-kini made essentially from dental floss. Thin strings pinched into the round slopes of her hips, middle span disappearing within a crease, and the panties were incredibly small in front, barely covering her vulva which they pressed tight to in the nearing shadow of her hefty stomach. A single, inch wide band of fabric went up from it, meeting a gold ring that had two other tiny bands going up to her shoulders, barely covering her nipples before tying around her neck. Actually no...they didn't cover her nipples at all, Jessica's small, dark aerolas were clearly on display, large nipples poking through the fabric and as she splashed her slightly larger left boob popped free. A casual glance, far less than Sarah was taking in, suggested she needed a lot more support than they were getting: no more were her breasts perfect tear drops and despite her muscle sheer size was creating quite a lot of sag in them, more than usual for a twenty eight year old.

'Oh this water feels great!' the model sighed, flopping onto her back and floating quite easily, gut smoothing out slightly, 'you must be in this thing every day...you okay there Sarah?'

Sarah shook her head as Jessica followed her eye line towards the bulbuous tan bulk of her freed boob.

'Oh shit, I knew this suits days were numbered,' the super model said with nonchalance, stuffing the boob back into its minimal covering with one hand that still bore her immense engagement ring, 'but it was the only one I had at the Seattle place.'

'Sorry to stare, I haven't seen ...,' Sarah began before stopping herself from saying 'tits that huge' before going on, 'well I haven't seen those in a while...'

They'd been friends for years of course and team mates. It wasn't like she hadn't occasionally seen Jess' immense set on occasion, but usually they were brief. And they'd been half that size then, D cup tear drops of perfect symmetry and unbelievable perk. Now though they were enormous G cups at least and had buckled under their load of doubled fat content.

'I swear these things have a mind of their own anymore,' the tall woman laughed, doing a back stroke that made them and her belly bounce, 'you on the other hand, when did you get blessed with the titty fairy? That's one thing that has changed about you.'

'Meh, they're mom boobs,' Sarah let out a sigh, 'out of this they plunge like a sock with ten quarters in it.'

'Heh, doubt that,' Jessica guffawed, 'girl you look sculpted. Seriously I'm impressed. I know with you being a teacher you probably can't but if you ever want to do modeling call me, seriously you've got the body for it. How much have you been running lately?'

Surely she was just being nice. There was no way she was model standards. She was fighting just to stay at 130 and seemed stuck there and to make matters worse had been damn hungry lately and had cheated on her diet in a few excellent bakeries in france. A rebound was certainly possible if she went slack after the reunion in two weeks, staying thin would be a long battle against her genetics and the american diet.

''Seven or eight miles a day. Well, weekdays, twelve or thirteen on the weekend,' Sarah told her, 'with some light weights every other day. Still can't get below 130 though...'

'Holy shit girl, you training for a marathon? I thought your thighs were looking scary and that explains it,' Jessica exclaimed, 'That's more than we ever ran in school, hell that's more than I've run in an entire year.'

'Wait, you haven't run in an entire year?' Sarah asked in shock.

Jessica, the girl built for running? Jessica who's letter jacket was stiff with champion medals hadn't run in an entire year? The girl who'd run hard every day, even if it was 100 degrees or snowing six feet? That Jessica, who when being tripped at the starting line had won a race with a broken wrist? Who after gaining fifty pounds was interviewed by running magazine about the importance of running even if you were over weight, who'd done the NYC marathon at 200 lbs and looked like a dream at the end?

'Yeah, I miss it,' the huge woman sighed, reaching into the water and patting her thick legs, 'walking doesn't give me the same endorphen rush, no matter how many weights I carry with me or what the slope is.'

'But, why not?' Sarah asked as if a hundred and twenty pounds worth of reason wasn't hanging off Jess, 'You loved running, why would you stop?'

'About this time last year my knees started hurting, right after I did a marathon,' the model confessed, 'and my doctor did an MRI and said I was getting tendon damage, because there was too much weight on them. So...I had to stop long distance running. I can manage a jog of about a mile maybe, but that's about it before I start to hurt. I try and be built more for strength than speed these days but...well, sometimes we out grow things when we don't want to.'

She'd gotten too fat to run? Not too weak or out of shape, but just too big? And the elephant in the room of course was, why not lose weight then? Or at least stop gaining. Now that she thought about it, Jessica looked notably bigger than the last magazine cover Sarah had seen at the store a few months ago. Of course the image would be photoshopped but Jessica was starting to push the limits of plus size' definition.

'How about some beer?' Sarah decided to distract from that.

'Oh fuck yes, this time we don't even need fake IDs!' Jessica agreed.

An hour later and they were on rafts, the too much money her husband spent of the kinda crap IPA he liked littered across the deck. Sarah had the eighth or ninth bottle of the day between her thighs, looking at it over her somewhat bloated, sloshing belly. She was ashamed to see it with Jessica around, even though Jessica stone sober had a way bigger gut and she'd matched her drink for drink. The drunken blonde rolled down her over high bikini, letting the swollen gut breath.

'Really gotta envy you staying here,' Jessica said, just as morose a drunk as she'd been before, 'its so quiet here and peaceful...I mean apart from the weirdass cops...'

'Easy...easy for ya to say...ms. super rich model,' Sarah slurred, far drunker, 'I...I gotta teach buncha...buncha kids who don't want to be there...and I gotta stay...gotta stay thin for my husband...like it ...like he cares even...you...you've got it so easy...you're super rich and everyone loves you...and you can eat...wat eva you want and its okay you're fat!'

'I wish I could eat whatever I want,' Jessica sighed, 'I've gotta eat...what time is it?'

'Don't ask...don't ask me...I'm drunk,' Sarah slurred...

'I've gotta eat every sixty minutes,' the model grunted, 'fuuucckkk its been too long...'

With a lurch the big woman slumped off her raft, barely avoiding dropping her beer into the pool. For once her movements weren't graceful or powerful, the super model was breathing heavily, her movements clumsier than the beer could account for. Without bothering to dry herself off she stumbled over the deck, letting loose of her bottle and the sagging basketballs of her near naked ass cheeks bouncing with each lumbering step until she saw her phone and watch.

'Fucking battery died...no...its been two hours aggh,' Jessica near screamed, stumbling towards the house with her ass falling out of her swimsuit.

Unlike all of her published shoots there happened to be quite a bit of cellulite on them and stretch marks to boot, they wobbled like jello in an earth quake until she disappeared inside, actually waddling now and unrecognizable as the taut, perfect backside that had always been ahead of Sarah in races. She fumbled with the door, pulling harder and harder, great ripples going through her lard as it threatened to rip off the wall, ripping noises sounding from her overloaded monokini.

'It slides,' Sarah slurred

The door slammed to the side, Jessica giving great heaving gasps, worse than Sarah was at the ten mile mark.

'How'd...get so big...,' Sarah muttered, thighs twisting back and forth on the beer, driving it into her sex at the thought.

Jessica was fat. Perfect Jessica who was always perfect was fat. Fat. Fat. Fat. So fat but Sarah still wanted to do everything she'd always wanted to do. And better because now Jessica wasn't perfect but fat. Everyone said she was so pretty but she was so big and wide and deep and round. Sarah was thinner and tighter than her, even though she still couldn't fit into her college clothes...God she'd let herself go so bad...the last five pounds of stubborn baby fat were still sticking somewhere to her even though she couldn't feel them...

Music faintly reached her ears, 'You scream, I scream, we all scream for Ice cream....'

God she was hungry.

Sarah lurched from the raft, beer spilling into the pool. Her head swam but the rumbling gurgle of her stomach over whelmed that. She needed vanilla soft serve, not even good vanilla soft serve, in fact the shittier the better. That had been the only thing that had got her through her first year of teaching and pregnancy, it had been amazing, semi-solid cocaine good! She needed it, of course it would be fine to have a  few cones. She'd lost almost half of her pregnancy weight after all and she was sure she could get below 150 in time for the reunion...

Jessica's beer bottle had been left on its side and the aluminum held under Sarah's minimal weight as she tottered forwards through the open sliding door into her living room. She hit the couch arm stomach first and nearly puked, wheezing over it with the wind driven out of her. The drunk woman crumpled to the side, panting in and out in drunken pain.

'Oh God...'she murmured, confused as all hell, drunk off her ass and in a lot of pain, to the point she couldn't focus on what was happening.

Then she heard it, coming from the guest room.

Smacking, gnawing, ripping and grunting.

For a moment Sarah sat there listening to it and it went on and on. She wondered if a feral wolf pack had wondered into her house and was busily stripping an elk to the bone, but no...there hadn't been wolves here in four hundred years.The only one in her house was Jessica...

'Jessica?' she called out drunkenly, 'Jess are you okay?'

Only more of the horrible eating sounds answered her. The teacher got up, noticing a snickers wrapper on the ground by her foot. Her floor was covered in wrappers, at least a dozen each of snickers and pemmican surrounding Jessica's purse which had been ripped open. Not just opened, the designer leather torn to shreds. Several prescription pill bottles had rolled out, names incompressible. Sarah had never been the best at math but that added up to thousands of calories consumed in what had to be minutes. Why'd she have so much food in her purse?

Sarah stood up, rubbing the new bruise on her stomach. Cautiously, just as afraid as she'd been at the farm, she went up the stairs one trembling step at a time, the sounds only getting louder as she did and feeling like the first girl to get offed in a horror movie. What was she going to find up there? Had Jessica sprouted fur and turned into a werewolf?

'Jess you okay?' she asked at the top of the stairs, finding the guest room shut and the sounds on the inside resembling something from Jurassic Park.

'*umf* Don't *ugh* don't *mumf* look at *unk* me!' Jessica growled from inside, sounding like she was sobbing, '*urk* get out of *ugh* here...'

Sarah stumbled from the door, looking around for some sort of weapon. Whatever was happening in there didn't sound good and she didn't want to be unarmed, even if it was Jess. The idea of the super model as some sort of blood hungry werewolf wouldn't leave her booze soaked mind. Armed with a foam bat grabbed from her daughter's room, she tip toed to the guest room door, the sounds of eating redoubled from inside. Shivering in fear, Sarah opened the door, bat raised up high.

'...What the fuck?' Sarah yelled.

Chapter 5: The Ones Who Changed, Again

'Don't...look at me...,' Jessica pleaded as she ripped open another pemmican bar and shoved it into her mouth, the fistful of grease and meat vanishing in one bite.

There wasn't a lot else to look at in the sparsely decorated guest room. Maybe the bed with Jess' army of suitcases ranked up on it, one of them torn open to reveal it was packed to the brim with serried ranks of protein bars, pemmican and snickers, hundreds of dollars of just the latter and God alone knew how many of the former. Or perhaps the new sea of destroyed wrappers ripped open across the floor. Or if you were stretching the definition of what wasn't Jessica, the food stains across her cheeks and chin, chocolate and grease smeared like make up in the rain. Or how the gold ring of her mono-kini had snapped, leaving the strings to hang low as surrendering flags.

'Jess...are you okay?' Sarah said, dropping the bat in horror.

The super model no...no her friend was huge. Given she'd already been huge, most of her hadn't changed: Thunder thighs remained tornado thick beneath well rounded hips, while her arms were those of a powder lifter in bulk session. Her breasts flopped out and hung, the world famous pair looking sandbagged as they rose with her frantic breathing. But what had changed...

'Do I look okay?' Jessica snapped at her in anger, 'No I'm not fucking okay!'

Sarah stepped back. Jessica never, ever lost her temper. The only time she'd gotten angry was when a new coach tried to make the team do a run in a dangerous storm and Jessica had told him the team would mutiny. But the sheer vitriol, the desperate anger in that statement...

Jess bit into a kingsized snickers, jaw chewing automatically even as her free hand pulled out a protein bar and ripped away the over with a practice twist of her manicured nails. It followed the candy bar, almost without space between them and then the new freehand found another snickers. Sarah watched six more changes of this horrible binge as tears ran down Jessica's face, before the gorging woman collapsed loud as a detonated building.

'Please...don't...don't look at me like this...' Jessica sobbed, covering her face.

Before, the brunette had had a gut. It had been big, pillowy and over fed. Beginning to crease at the sides into a smile of pure fat, as different from the old Jessica's mighty abdominals as sea was from land. Now her stomach was as tight as those long buried muscles had ever been, packed like a drum with a sloshing mountain of food. It stuck out a full foot further than it had before, evidence of a truly terrifying capacity, and looked rock hard. Jessica tried to sit up as Sarah didn't move but the incredibly strong woman, who had picked up the somewhat dense Sarah like she'd weighed nothing, fell back as her arms gave out.

That made Sarah finally act, not running as she'd thought. This was Jessica, Jessica who'd held her hand through five break ups and twice as many crushes, Jessica who'd flown in from a fashion show in Milan to be her brides maid and at her daughters birth had mailed a check of truly terrifying numbers for the now packed college fund. Running away from her would be like kicking a puppy.

Confused and still sore, Sarah walked forwards and laid down next to the weeping giant and put her arm over her shoulders, rocking her as best she could.

'There...its...Jessica, you're still my friend,' Sarah managed, squeezing tight enough to feel the thick core of muscle her friend still possessed, 'whatever this is, let it out. I'm here for you.'

The tall woman sobbed. Whether in fear, shame or illness Sarah didn't know. Reaching out and grabbing a quilt, she threw it over the two of them and held Jessica tight as she could while the crying went on. Outside, a summer thunder storm began to rumble and rain began to fall hard as Jessica stopped crying and began taking deep rasping breaths, the power of her lungs surprisingly deep. Sarah kept holding her, squeezing her tight until they both fell asleep.

The blonde woke up to a loud rhythmic clanking from the basement.

A hang over was stabbing through her eyes, otherwise she'd have insisted on sleeping through the sound which she realized had been happening on and off again for an hour. Sarah rolled over, finding that she was in her bed and in a pair of pajama pants and shorts. Confusing images shot through her head: a cow, Jessica back in town, getting drunk, Jessica being in a barely existent swimsuit, Jessica being huge, weird cops and a strange jingle she could almost hear. Rubbing her eyes she got up and frowned at herself in the mirror, noting the very bloated stomach that she'd have to work off.

'Ugh, an hour of fun and then two weeks of running,' the thin woman muttered as the thumping stopped for about thirty seconds, 'what is that? Jessica? Jessica are you still here?'

Sarah padded out of the room, picking up her plugged in phone to find it was already 6 pm. By the time she passed the guest bed room, spotlessly clean and the suitcases off the bed, the clinks had begun again and now she could hear deep, steady breathing between each thud. Going down stairs and then down to the basement, she was very unsure of what she'd find, she wasn't surprised to see it was Jessica on her weight bench set up opposite of their little basement bar. She was a little surprised to see her friend working out though.

It was wrong of her to think that Jessica wouldn't work out just because she was fat. Sarah had felt muscular sword sheathed in that fat and it didn't stay that hard by lounging around. But it felt weird, weird as anything lately, to see Jessica flat on her back, immense gut sticking in the air and easily doing bench presses with every weight Sarah owned on the bar. The blonde stared in amazement, she had after a lot of work managed to get to eighty pounds, but Jessica was doing two hundred easily.

Jessica suddenly stopped, wracking the bar and breathing for thirty seconds, before sitting up. The tan dome of her stomach split into rolls, no evidence of the collossal binge of earlier in its soft folds. The room was half dark, meaning it was near sunset, but she could see Jessica was wearing a skin tight pair of spandex shorts that her ass was pouring out of and her waistline mushrooming over, while her breasts were fighting against an equally tight black sports bra. Sweat was running off of her, but she was breathing easily.

'Uh, hi,' Sarah said, taking a seat on a stool.

'Hey. Sorry to presume I could use this but I didn't know if my hotel would have one,' the heavy set model said by way of explanation, not quite meeting Sarah's eyes, 'I wanted to get in at lest one set on this trip...'

'Hotel? Jess, you're staying here,' Sarah told her, strong than she'd thought to.

'Even after that?' Jessica asked, pinching her lowest, thickest roll, 'even after seeing...what I am?'

'Youre Jessica MiIgrave and we've been friends since we were six. I've been your friend since you were six and I'm not kicking you out of my house just because you got fat,' Sarah insisted, 'but...if I can ask, what was that? You didn't seem in control of yourself. Jessica, do you have an eating disorder?'

'I wish I had an eating disorder,' the model sighed, 'but no. No its worse than that.'

'Are you sick?' Sarah asked.

'Yes,' the model said simply, 'I'm extremely sick.'

She didn't look sick. Despite the fat, maybe because of how big she was, Jessica looked healthier than a horse. Even though she jiggled and wobbled she looked like she could bench five hundred pounds and work out constantly. The model athlete was a bit blubbery for certain, but she radiating health, confidence and power right now.

'Okay, I believe you but...what illness causes all of well, this?' Sarah asked, 'Is this why you got...Is this why you got fat?'

The plus size woman sighed and began moving weights from the bench bar to the leg wrack. She moved them like they were made of paper, easier than her husband had when he'd unpacked this stupid weight set and then never used it, easier than Sarah ever imagined anyone moving that much iron. Jessica stuck her legs into the wrack, immense thighs bunching into rolls and began slowly, easily lifting Sarah's body weight and more.

'It doesn't cause this but the treatment...,' Jessica looked down at the swollen collection of fat and muscle that was her, 'this is the treatment. It started three years ago, when I got sick. Remember when they mixed the flu vaccines wrong? Well I was one of the people who was down with it. I'd just started a new relationship and my boyfriend...he took really good care of me.'

'Is this the baker?' Sarah asked, 'did he do this to you?'

'No, not really. Francois is...dreamy. He's tall and strong and sweet and caring, I knew I was risking my body just by dating him. I broke my no desert rule for his food but when I managed to stay the same weight for a month I knew I could handle it. When I got the flu, we hadn't moved in together yet but he took it as an excuse to pamper me. I was out on my ass for two weeks and every morning got breakfast in bed, a nice latte and lunch delivered for me and then he'd cook dinner and make me desert. When I felt a little better he got me some really good pot and taco bell every night and the sex was amazing, he couldn't keep his hands off of me. He even did all the cleaning...and after a couple weeks of it...I was all better. But I didn't go back to my routine for another two weeks. I was high half the day and eating except for when I passed out or we had sex, I'd wear sweat pants to go outside to restaraunts and nothing when I was home. But when I had to do a teleconference. I get dressed up for teleconferences and found out that non of my dress pants could button. Not one pair, I had to do it wearing sweats, sitting there with this gross stomach poking out and knowing any second one of these fashion execs would ask me about how fat I'd let myself get. But it never happened and when it was done I weighed myself and had put on fifteen pounds.'

Jessica put on a few pounds? Even with her bulging out of her workout clothes it seemed hard to believe.

'It happens to all of us,' Sarah told her, feeling like a liar due to how she was obsessed with dropping the last ten from her own frame, 'its only fifteen pounds.'

'Well it never had to me. I'd been 130 pounds since my first shoot, when the agent said that I shouldn't be as ripped and planned on staying that way until I was at least forty. I'd been lazy and stupid and now...now I wasn't me anymore. I didn't recognize the fat girl in the mirror,' her friend near ranted, 'but two weeks of no running, sitting on my butt watching cartoons, eating lots of food and desert had...it makes me feel ill saying it but I was soft. I didn't have any muscle definition anymore, my stomach made a little bulge when I sat down. My muscles were all faded, my jeans didn't fit right, my butt was poking out of my underwear and my boobs didn't fit my bra. I felt disgusting, I refused to put on a swim suit, I refused to have sex...I almost left him just because he'd seen me.'

As she pumped nearly two hundred pounds of iron, Jess had never looked weaker.

'Sarah it was just weight,' she tried to insist.

'I know that! It was just a little weight...but I'd never put on a little weight before. I was Jessica Milgrave. I was perfect, people loved me because I was perfect and strong and sexy and smart and if I wasn't anymore? What would I be then? Who would I be then?' she asked bitterly, 'so I started working out. Hard, hard as I'd ever had and at first it was awful because I was out of shape for the first time and I got shin splints and cramps but I kept going, running at night so no one could recognize me because if I saw 'Jessica Milgrave is fat and ugly now!' on tabloids I'd die. After a few months of that and barely eating I was down to where I had been, but...but it didn't look perfect to me anymore. I looked at some old photos from when I'd won all state, back when I had a six pack and I just felt flabby and old and weak and ugly next to them...so I decided to get a six pack again and...'

Jess sighed, finishing working her quads. She stood up and rolled over, lifting the heavy weights with the back of her legs, ass surging up and up.

'Francois told me I was fine. That I'd looked good but...I should have listened,' Jessica grunted, 'I did a Sports Illustrated shoot, my second cover. I don't know if I saw it but...'

'I did. I see all your covers, and all your adds,' Sarah admitted to her, 'I...keep everyone of them in a file folder next to my taxes...'

She didn't say 'and sometimes I touch myself to them when I'm alone and other times I use them to berate myself'.

'anyway, you looked jacked on it. Scary jacked,' Sarah told her, 'more than ever. Your breasts even looked smaller you were so thin on it.'

'I thought I looked awful at the time. I was anorexic I know, I had an inaccurate view of myself and I felt like at any minute people would point out how fat I was. Oh god the irony,' Jessica sighed as her legs pumped, 'but well...right when I got back from Iceland, I skipped breakfast and went for a run. On the way back I started feeling woozy and weird, so I broke down and bought a bagel. Then I started feeling that way again an hour later and it got worse and worse until I ate again and felt huge. Then an hour later...I called the ambulance and almost died. Thankfully I was able to mutter something out about being so hungry and some EMT had a few snickers for lunch...after a few days of that they diagnosed me with Hysterical Starvation.'

'Oh god, that sounds...,' Sarah began, 'well it sounds...'

'Kind of insulting? Yeah,' the model sighed, 'no one had ever seen a case before, they wanted to call it 'Jessica Milgrave Syndrome' but I told them I'd sue. Its a rare genetic disorder that only goes into effect if your body fat falls below a certain percent but once it does go into effect its permanent. If I don't eat a certain level of calories and vitamins and fats every hour, well you saw: I get weak, forgetful, my speech slurs. The beer helped me but it needs to have protein and fat in it to really work. After an hour or so of that I'll start having seizures, full grand mal seizures that last about ten minutes on and one off for an hour. Then its organ failure.'

Silence yawned between them, the immense model sitting still on the work out bench.

'Jessica...oh God, this is...I don't even know what to say about it,' Sarah asked, 'is...is there any cure?'

'Food is the cure, lots of it once the symptoms start. As for permanent? There's a lab trial with retro viruses going through rats right now. I'm funding a lot of it, I guess being rich helps. It'll take another seven or eight years maybe before even an experimental drug is ready,' Jessica told her, 'if I'm lucky I might be alive, if I can keep up my exercises but well, even working out as much as I do my fat is starting to outweigh my muscle as of this year. I've been able to hold it to forty pounds a year but given I can't run anymore well, I might weigh five hundred pounds at the low side if a drug is out.'

She picked up a set of bar bells and started pumping, smooth and flawlessly, huge arms bunching powerfully despite their layer of fat. Sarah walked over, putting a hand on her friend's shoulders.

'I had no idea, oh God, Jessica I ...I should have called you,' the blonde said softly, 'you were suffering all this alone and no one knew...'

'No one ever knows,' Jessica grunted, 'no one knew I've been seeing a therapist for guilt and anxiety since my dad died in eight grade either but well, no one knew probably died of the same thing when he was training of a marathon. He was out running too far from help...'

Jessica's Dad had been her super hero, a retired Navy SEAL and the town's fire captain. He'd taught her everything she knew about running, about standing up for herself and others, about being a leader. His death had caught the whole town by surprise and his funeral had been immense, Jessica had stayed over at Sarah's for a month afterwards.

'So I had to be perfect, I had to be the perfect daughter for him,' Jessica sighed, 'and now I was being told that I was either going to have to eat every hour or die immediately. That I could get fat or essentially commit suicide. I really thought about the later but Francois and my therapist...basically they guilted me into staying alive, if I committed suicide I'd probably inspire copy cats. So my therapist told me that if I had to get fat own it. Instead of retiring and hiding off all my money, announce to the whole world that I was gaining weight and act like I was proud of it. I can't believe it fucking worked, when I said it on that talk show I'd already gained ten pounds and felt like a sausage. I was sure everyone was going to boo but instead they thought it was a joke...then everyone liked it!'

A cracking laugh sounded from the black haired woman, 'I can't even believe it worked! It shouldn't have! You know how awful the fashion industry is? I've been told to lose weight constantly, it was why I stopped working for VS, and now all these companies were tripping over themselves to say 'Hey, show us how fat you are! We'll pay you!' I'd thought I'd get a few Lane Bryant ads paying crap money but now I'm busier and making more than ever...'

Her laughing almost sobbed, 'Oh god, I'm being paid to eat myself to be a fucking pig. A giant fucking cow. Every day I think someone is going to say 'Oh my god you're disgusting!' and it'll all fall down...but no one does! I got chubby and squishy and no one said I was too big, I got to be plus sized and no one said I was too big and now I'm one of the biggest plus sized models at a shoot and no one says anything! Its fucking crazy!'

The tall woman leaned into Sarah, almost knocking her over.

'Jess, you look great,' Sarah told her, 'you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I'd seen you put on weight and you just kept getting prettier and prettier and ...when I saw you today my jaw almost hit the floor.'

'Heh,' the model huffed, putting the weights on the floor, 'I don't know how long that'll be true. This time next year I'll be three hundred pounds, I can barely see my feet anymore, my chin bunches up when I eat...I just want to be skinny again.'

'Aren't you the one who says weight is just a number?' the teacher quoted, one of Jessica's ad campaigns, 'I've met so many people who love you know. All these women used to hate you for how thin you were but now that you're big they love you, you're their Joan of Arc. I see women in bikinis who'd never wear them before.'

'Oh yeah, I'm a fucking fraud too, thanks for the reminder,' the model remembered, 'I say all this shit but there are days I'd slit someone's throat just for my thighs not to touch again, to be able to run, to not have to lug all of this around...my ass is getting snug in airline seats Sarah. Me, Jessica Milgrave is getting an ass too big to fly. I have to set car seats back so my gut doesn't hit the horn, I can't run...I say this stuff and people cheer about size positivity but I'm just standing there thinking 'three years until no more long distance walking, five our years until I'm too big to lift heavy weights, six for a walker, eight years until I need a mobility scooter just to get around, maybe ten before I can't move. Tick tock tick tock, piggy piggy piggy.' And I'm around all these ...I'm such a bad person for thinking this, I'm around these heifers who clap and cheer when I tell them its okay to be fat! And its all about making me feel better...'

They sat quiet again, before Sarah told her, 'If it helps you feel any better, I teach a useless language. None of my students remember it a year later, even the good ones. My mornings are dealing with thirty kids an hour who don't want to be there, trying to keep them off their phones and just wanting to slap them, then my afternoons are dealing with classes of ten nerds who are in it in the hopes they'll sound romantic in college. I'm useless, I do nothing and if I vanished no one would care. My husband would just get some new fucking trophy wife to knock up before his fat covers up his dick. He probably already has, his secretary has a twenty four inch waist and boobs as big as yours and he hasn't come home early since he hired her. And I still think you look better than me, this is wrong to say, but if we could swap weights right now I'd say do it. I've barely been able to stop looking at you this whole time and even knowing what you've told me I still keep taking you in and just feeling wowed.'

Jessica laughed, 'You said fuck. Masterbater said fuck! You never say fuck!'

'Even I swear sometimes,' Sarah said sheepishly and they both laughed.

'You really think you're a trophy wife?' Sarah asked.

'I know I'm a trophy wife,' the blonde admitted, 'I'm not a complete idiot but...I'd be in a studio apartment with what I make otherwise, driving a beater or riding a bike. I didn't want to put in the work to be a doctor or a dentist or be a supermodel financier genius like you. I found someone who'd make money and hitched my wagon to him, even though he was a prick who kept undressing you at my wedding. But at least now I'm in this place and driving a lexus, even though I know both are pretty low compared to you. He married me for my looks and I know that because we didn't have sex in between me starting to show and when I got below 150 last year, if I didn't think he'd divorce me I'd just eat and eat and eat to show him. I'd turn into a small town blob like my mom and every other woman in this town does eventually, not like he'd care. He doesn't care about me at all, I was masturbating three times a day when I was pregnant and he wouldn't touch me! Yes I got fat during it, yeah I got so big I blew a button in class multiple times but ...he looked at me like I was shit. At least your fiancee likes that you're fat!'

'Okay, you've got me on that one,' Jessica laughed, 'I have no idea what he'd done if I hadn't started blowing up. Ugh, I'd say we should get drunk but we already did that. If I could run without breaking a knee I'd say lets do that, but for now, let's get some food in you and then we can go climb the werewolf.'

'The werewolf?' Sarah asked her, 'at night?'

'I brought head lamps, you can run the lower slopes while I waddle up them and then we can do the steeper parts together,' Jessica laughed, 'but first you should eat.'

'No, no, I'm already over my daily calorie limit,' the weigh conscious blonde said, 'sorry if that offends you but...'

'What offends me is you not caring about your health. You only drank beer, you need something if you're going to work out and some water,' Jessica grunted, rising to her feet like an eruption of magma, 'come on, I make a pretty good egg white omelette.'

Two hours later, after Sarah had eaten and they'd both had plenty of water and worn off the hang over, the two were pulling into the park parking lot. Fog was already rolling in off the nearby Atlantic and grey clouds covered the June sun, giving it a dismal air.  While there'd been little traffic on the waythrough town, Sarah was surprised to find no one in the parking lot. Usually there were at least some people running, especially as the weather had turned cooler with the rain.

'How do you sleep?' the driver asked as Jessica began eating, 'I mean, if you have to eat every hour...'

'I gorge before bed, not quite as bad as I did today but four or five full meals worth,' the model said, eating daintily now, 'I take in twelve hours worth of calories to sleep seven. Its miserable. At least in Seattle I can have all the cinnamon rolls I want but here I'm down to pemmican. I hate to ask this but can we go shopping tomorrow?'

'Of course, my husband sure as hell didn't buy anything,' Sarah agreed as she got out and started stretching.

The fit teacher lunged and bent on the pavement, annoyed at how her still bloated belly poked out a little bit from her t shirt. She'd been too embarrassed by her bloat to wear just a sports bra, something her friend didn't care about.. On the other side of the car, Jessica was pulling out a strange looking rack of stacked weights and strapping it to herself before strapping on knee braces, ankle weights and a pair of fifteen pound iron dumbbells, as well as a large fanny pack and a weighed belt bearing several water bottles.

'How much weight is on that thing?' the teacher asked.

'About seventy pounds,' the model grunted, 'I'm debating on upping it, its getting easy on the thighs but not so much on the knees if you know what I mean. Here, take this head lamp.'

Sarah slid it on, 'So...I want to get in six miles of running. I'll run to the top of the switch backs, then back to here and then hike the rest with you until we're ready to get home.'

'Really? I thought you said you were doing seven or eight miles a day,' Jessica pointed out.

'Honestly it seems kind of petty after we spoke,' Sarah sighed, 'what, I want to lose ten pounds so I can impress people I haven't seen in ten years? I'm not gonna get fat by running only six miles a day.'

'You could probably gargle cake batter at the thing and look thin next to me,' Jessica sighed, pinching her own folds of fat.

'Jessica, if it made me look as good as you, I'd drink melted butter at every meal,' Sarah confessed, making the big woman laugh.

After a drink of water, Sarah started running. She kept a good pace, fast but not fast enough to trip in the falling light, even without her music. Passing through the park, she took a left at the little patch of woods where she'd seen Becky and Rachel munching on ice cream a life time ago and crossed a creaky, ancient looking covered bridge over the roaring river. The path led into a broad meadow and the werewolf loomed up ahead.

It wasn't really called the werewolf, technically it was called Mount Olive but no one called it that but historians. It was a big lump of rock left by some ancient volcano, broken by a billion years of earthquakes and glaciers into a nasty humped thing two thousand feet high, covered in creepy looking pine trees. As her feet pumped, Sarah tried to wonder why it was called the werewolf.

Maybe it was the big lump of rock at one end of it, that kind of looked like a wolf's head if you'd never seen one. Maybe it was because the wind rushed through caves within it to sound like howling at certain times of the year. Maybe it was an ancient Indian folk tale of it being a giant monster slain by a silver meteorite.

Or, Sarah reflected as she ran on alone towards the hill/mountain thing, it was because of the rumors.

Everyone had a cousin's friend three grades up who'd sworn that while they were smoking pot or drinking beer they'd seen a monster growling in the woods. In the seventies a van full of hippies had claimed to be attacked there by a huge, shaggy creature. When ever someone inevitably disappeared, usually fleeing a bad mortgage or worse relationship, the local kids would claim that the were wolf had gotten them.

And behind the rumors, she thought as she ran up the switch back, were the old, old witch tales, literally the only thing that anyone remembered from the local history class at high school. Salem's hysterical panic had ripped through every part of Massachusetts bay in the 1600s and Witchcove, then Wilcove, hadn't been an exception. In fact it had been a hot bed, a hamlet of five hundred people had nearly a quarter of its population arrested and tried, so many that the sobriquet witch cove had caught on permanently. Almost all had been dragged to the temporary jail in a fort built atop the nearby hill, confessed and paid their fines, save for one person who'd refused to admit guilt and faced the noose...

Going around one switch back, Sarah almost ran into a tree. The storm had down a tree in the trail, an ancient oak bigger around than her car. Instead of slowing though, Sarah jumped it, flying over it without missing a step.

'I really am in shape,' she admitted, realizing she was almost at the end of the two mile trail.

Sarah's strong legs flew her up the switch backs, barely burning. As she ran, the young mother took an earnest stock of herself, feeling the ease with which she breathed and the power of her legs. She was strong, she was fit, she was goddamn gorgeous! Her husband didn't deserve her and she shouldn't worry about the last ten pounds, it was probably all muscle anyway. Surging up the steep slopes, she made it to the bald spot atop the hill. Maybe she should take up Jessica's offer on modeling, yeah she'd said that about being happy but...well if she could get some more financial independence...

A loud, animalistic gust of wind sounded through the clearing at the top. Sarah shivered, knocked out of her reverie to look around in fear. There was nothing but shadowed trees of course, were wolves weren't real and no real predators were within a state. Despite that knowledge Sarah turned on the head lamp, scanning the evening gloom and yelping to see animal eyes glaring at her.

'Shit!' she gasped, heart rate running until she realized it was a deer.

A big fat doe, so used to humans it was barely wild. The animal stared at her, mouth chewing back and forth, as it stood next to the old, overgrown stones of the fort.

'You're lucky I"m trying to be a vegetarian,' she spat, turning back to the switch backs.

Fog had poured up out of the ocean and river, coating the lower half of the park in pea soup. From this vantage point Sarah could see a tiny dot down in the murk bobbing back and forth: Jessica's light. It was further along than she'd expected, already near the edge of the meadow. Sarah realized she'd underestimated her friend again, she might be fat, sore, sick and carrying a hundred pounds of iron weights but she was still Jessica.

Turning on her own head lamp, Sarah raced back down the switch backs, near sprinting. She knew how dumb that was in the dark, a single trip could mean a broken ankle, but fuck it. She wanted to feel speed.

At the base of the hill she saw Jessica, arms pumping with every step.

'The views great!' Sarah said to her, 'I'll see you at the top!'

'I'll meet you back there, there's some trails around the back I want to look at!' the tall model yelled at her.

The flat part of the park shot past in a blur and in a moment she was back at the parking lot. Like a horror movie monster, an ice cream truck was under the light, its song playing.

Sarah couldn't really hear it, just a note every now and then, but she felt that irrational urge all the same.

You're going to be the thinnest woman at the reunion, punched into her head as she saw the truck.

You lost so much weight already, insisted as she neared the parking lot.

Vanilla soft serve, you can have a few cones and stay under 160, it repeated as she slowed to a stop.

'No...,' the teacher murmured, 'no...'

A pair of spanks and that dress will still fit, it insisted, 'and if not you can get it let out...'

Her legs disobeyed her, walking forwards.

After all, she loved soft serve and hadn't had it in nearly a year. After becoming a mom she'd been content to let her baby fat stick to her and then after she was done breast feeding, she'd slowly chunking up further until she'd been toying with 200 lbs. Yeah she was heavy and sloppy and could barely use the stairs, yeah she was one of the heavier women of her age group but who cared? She'd lost forty miserable pounds since getting the invitation to the reunion and was ready to give up, she couldn't gain that much before the big day and she knew she'd regain each pound once she didn't miserably jog two miles a day anymore.

Fifty feet from the truck and she saw the clerk, a stunningly beautiful young woman. She had perfect olive skin and long brown curls, with dazzling amber eyes and a sculpted lean face. A swan neck led down to full, pert breasts, easily DD cups shown off by a near pornagraphic uniform. It showed her midrift, studded muscles on full display down to her flat navel.

'Mrs. Smith?' the young woman asked, cutting the music suddenly.

Sarah blinked, feeling hung over again, as the woman repeated her statement, 'Mrs. Smith is that you?'

'Sam...Sam Ramirez?' Sarah asked, seeing the name tag pinned to one perfect tit, 'you've uh...grown up.'

Sam had never been in one of Sarah's upper classes, although she'd been in one of the intros a few years ago. Sam had been, well as a teacher Sarah couldn't say it, but she'd been a loser. Braces combined with bad skin, from a fairly poor family and with few friends. She'd been quiet and anxious, very short and very overweight, high pitched voice barely rising when called to the front to present, she'd been well over two hundred pounds at barley five feet. She'd been smart, but she'd been too shy to be a good student, turning in okay grades. It was the second transformation of a former outcast into a stunner Sarah had seen in two days, but this time it was a feminine version of a recent graduate.

'Oh yeah, I had a growth spurt,' the young woman giggled, like a parody of an air head and showing flawlessly white teeth.

At 18? While dropping half her body weight save from her tits? Sure...

'So you're working as an ice cream driver, I take it now, Sam,' Sarah said, walking up to the unappealing displays beneath the young woman's abs.

'Oh, its Samantha now, Sam is such a pfftt loser name,' the fit girl giggled, 'and yeah, I'm making way way more money than I did as a telemarketer. I'm going to be able to go to college finally...although maybe not. The strip clubs are always hiring and the tips there are awesome.'

'Good to hear... Samantha,' Sarah asked, 'Hey, weird question but does Omni-Dairy own your ice cream truck?'

'Uh, maybe?' the former nerd shrugged, tits bouncing, 'I don't really pay attention at the meetings. But we do tours at the big factory in town, you should come tomorrow afternoon! I'm on the shift there, we give out free samples and there's cue cards for when I forget stuff.'

'Oh, I'm on a diet but thank you,' Sarah waved off, 'I need to get back to running, an old friend of mine is waiting for me...'

'Yeah, you look great for like, your age' Sam, who had to be less than six years younger than her said, 'but this is diet ice cream. Zero calories!'

'Sure...thanks but I really gotta go,' Sarah said, 'I don't have my wallet on me anyway.'

'No prob, its free!' Samantha insisted with a smile, holding out a towering waffle cone of soft serve vanilla, leaning out of the car in a gesture that would give a man a heart attack.

Sarah blinked, mouth going dry as she looked at the cone, a foot of saturated fat held by a goddess.

'Free? Is this a first come first served thing?' she asked, making herself stand still.

'Oh no, its free for like everyone,' the driver laughed, 'we've been having just awesome business because of that. Corporate says profits are through a roof!'

There were a lot of things wrong with that statement, but Sarah was caught off guard by how smooth Sam's face was. The girl had been covered in cysts, the type that left nasty scars no matter what. But her olive skin was perfect, smooth as a baby's bottom without a hint of a scar. And her eyes...Sam had had dull brown eyes, but now they were bright shining hazel.

'I really can't....' Sarah said.

'I have to insist, like go on take it!' Sam said, almost leaning out of the truck, and smiling ear to ear, 'Come on! You know you wanna, I remember you eating these in the cafeteria your first year teaching. You had them every day and looked so happy...'

Sarah fought to keep her arm down, a task made easier by the first echoing pop from the were wolf.

'Was that a gunshot?' she asked.

Four more sounded in quick succession, echoing out over the fog. Sam froze and Sarah turned to look up at the hill.

'Call the cops!' she told the gorgeous graduate, 'I've got to get to her!'

Sarah ran, sprinting back into the fog.

Behind her, Samantha's smile turned off, like someone had thrown a switch. She dropped the tower of ice cream without a sound, letting it splatter onto the parking lot. Exiting the truck, having to duck due to her 6' of height, Samantha paced across the parking lot on long, powerful legs, each punctuated with a click of stiletto heels that no food worker or driver would ever wear. Eyes dead, she bent down next to Sarah's car and pulled small tool from the pocket of her skintight shorts and casually cut the air stem of each of her old teacher's tires.

Sam's radio hummed with static and she pulled it off of her belt, speaking quickly into the headset, 'No, no she didn't take it. I almost had her, she was about to grab it out of my hand...listen please don't she was about to...no! NO please, NO!'

Samantha's brilliant hair began to grow lank as grease shot up the roots. Acne scars mixed with fresh outbreaks began breaking out across her face, growing thicker by the moment. Perfect breasts began to deflate, dropping a cup size in ten seconds as her abdominals disappeared beneath a surge of fat that poured out over her shorts. The button shot off as the perfectly taut booted became low and sloppy and her log legs grew thicker, thighs slapping together even as the tall girl began to shrink, an inch every few breaths.

'Its out after them! She went up to the old fort and that must have woken the beast up,' Sam gasped with an increasingly unpleasant voice into the radio as the button broke of her shorts, cracking open the car window, 'I know that its not supposed to happen until they're all ready but it did!'

She stood gasping for a moment, 5'6 and a hundred and seventy pounds of chunk, face bearing moderate acne, teeth yellow and crooked and barely a C cup.

'No, I don't know who else is with her,' Sam said into it, sounding smarter than before, 'she said that they were waiting for her up the hill. There were gun shots, it sounded like a pistol, yes I know it wouldn't work but I didn't hear it howl. Whoever she was with is still up there then for now. Yes, yes I disabled their transport already, its a sure thing. Yes she recognized me but she wasn't resistant to the jingle. Of course ma'am, I'll stay and observe but...I'm compromised like this.'

She paused and then gave a relieved sigh. The pressure on her pants stopped, reducing until they fit like a glove again. Fat on her legs turned into bulging muscle as they shot back up in length,  just as her tubby belly faded back into firm abdominals and her breasts grew until they tested the bonds of her bra. Hard muscles sprang into being along her slender arms and instead of soft amber, Samantha's eyes were shining yellow. She smiled, showing sharp, white teeth again.

'Affirmative, I'll stay here and recover the bodies, Samantha out,' she said, not with air head ease but not her old, nervous nerdiness either.

Now she stalked over to the van, coiled and lethal as she pulled a camoflauged jump suit out from under the ice cream display. It was slightly tight, it was cut for six feet of slender curves, not six feet five of packed muscle, but was soon on, along with a pair of combat boots. After the shoes were on, she pulled out another box.

The parking lot sounded with the oiled clicks of her assembling rifle.

On 8/5/2019 at 3:29 PM, Nate said:

Looking forward to the rest of this story!

Good to hear it! I'm looking forwards to writing it.

8 hours ago, xandercroft said:

Ah, the soft serve is magic.  Well, isn't normal soft serve?  

Its a well known fact, it makes such wonderful changes.

I'm sorry if these are kind of long to read, the next few after today's chapter should be much shorter. This upcoming one is long and there isn't that much fan service but...more is coming.

Chapter 6: The Ones Who Ran, Back

Adrenaline shot through Sarah’s lean body to give her muscles super human strength. The four miles she’d run that day already meant nothing and the bizarre conversation with the suddenly gorgeous Samantha was forgotten. Fog whipped by her, the first mile over the flat lands vanishing within five minutes, faster than she’d ever run before.

‘Jessica!’ She yelled out into the night.

A howl answered her from the top of the hill. Loud and baying, it echoed on and on through the fog, like the largest beagle ever born. The faint pop of a gunshot silenced it prematurely and then two other shots roared through the night.

Sarah ran up the switch backs, muscles beginning to burn from the sprint as the adrenaline began to wear off. What the hell was she doing? If someone was shooting at Jessica, and it had to be Jessica because no one else was in the park, what was Sarah going to do when she got up there?

A fast runner she might be, but she was short, thin and unarmed. She stopped at the downed tree on the switch back, grabbing a thick, baseball bat sized branch and moving up more cautiously. It solved little she knew, Armies went to war with guns instead of sticks for a reason, but made her feel a little bit better. She jogged up the hill slowly, fear going up her back as she turned off the headlight to make herself not be a target.

‘Jessica!?’ She yelled, increasingly nervous.

What was she going to do? If Jessica was being attacked what good could she do, break a branch against some insane Hunter or crazed stalker? Jessica might be obese but she was still female juggernaut who could probably pick up an attacker and throw them off a hill. If she couldn’t beat whoever this was, Sarah had no chance. And if her friend was injured? What could she do? Picking her friend up skinny would have been an issue, doing it now when she was twice Sarah’s weight was impossible.

‘Jess!’ She said in a loud whisper, realizing how dumb it was to make herself heard.

A foul smell made her nose crinkle: blood mixed with shit. Over it she heard the sound of munching, much worse than Jessica’s gorge that afternoon. There was a crunching, popping sound. Bone splintering and right in front of her.

Sarah tried to swallow, but her mouth had gone dry. Something was right in front of her, a dark shape rocking back and forth on the trail in the middle of the meadow. The terrified teacher looked around and realized it was dark enough she coulnd’t see the trial back off the werewolf.

Werewolf...why the hell did she think that?

Yellow, animal eyes shined in the dark, staring at her but making no move.

‘Please be a deer, please be a deer, please be a deer,’ Sarah whispered, hand going to turn on the headlamp.

The deer, the fat stupid deer, was laying on the trail.

And off the trail.

Parts of it were strung up in the trees.

Most of its fattened body was in one spot,innocent head bent back at a ninety degree angle with four deep cuts across its neck going to the bone. The back legs were gone, one of them hanging on a branch. The carcass flopped back and forwards as it was fed upon by the ...thing on the other side.

Sarah tried to say something but she was frozen on the spot in terror.

There was some resemblance to a man, if a man had sickly, wrinkled pink-grey skin covered in patches of mangy grey fur. If a man was six feet tall at the hips and had a gaunt, bony torso of equal length bent almost double. If a man had arms long as Sarah was all ending in steak knife length talons. If a man had the hairless, earless, rotted skull of a month dead wolf cracking deer vertebrae with its rotten brown teeth.

The monstrosity stared at her, mirror bright yellow eyes looking right at Sarah’s brown ones. There was nothing behind them but a bottomless hunger, an overwhelming need to consume, to stuff itself in an unending feast. Deer flesh vanished up its maw as it watched her, guts and muscle sliding up its lipless mouth and over its wormy tongue. The sound of it eating grew louder, she realized it was eating faster and faster, trying to shove all of the food it could into its mouth before she could run.

Because it couldn't leave all this meat behind to kill her but the moment the food was gone it was going to charge.

Sarah broke out of her trance, shaking her head and turning to run as the last meat vanished and the thing sprang. It hit the ground where she’d been, close enough that mud splattered against her thighs. The meadow sped by and the switch back heard, but she tripped over a branch, falling and tumbling onto her back with skinned palms and skinned knees.

Howling it came running, in an absurd Wiley coyote run with claws raised up before it.

The first bullet blasted out an eye and the back of its skull.

A second destroyed its throat.

A third punched a hole under its rib cage.

It fell to the ground in a tangle of too long limbs, arms twisting and writhing as it bit the air with foaming jaws.

‘GET UP and Run!’ Jessica yelled at her from the trees, light clicking on.

Sarah sprang to her feet, running forwards to catch up with her friend. The tall woman was scratched by branches and stained by mud, her weighed pack was still strapped to her but in her hand was a pink, comically small semi-automatic pistol. Together the old friends ran, the switch backs falling behind them.

‘What was that?” Sarah demanded breathlessly.

‘I don’t know, but they get back up *huff*,’ Jessica wheezed, already falling behind as her thighs slapped together.

Sarah yelled.

More howls sounded from the hill, answering one another. One, two, three, four, five, six, a full dozen. Sarah pressed faster, stopping only when she realized she couldn’t hear Jessica’s steps. Turning, she saw her friends light a hundred feet back and sprinted towards it.

Jessica, the greatest athlete Witchcove had ever produced, perhaps the best runner te state had ever produced, was doubled over and wheezing. Gallons of sweat poured off of her despite the coolness of the night and she sucked in air and out through her mouth, violating every running rule known. Massive legs trembled in the lamplight, threatening to collapse and her soft knees were noticeably swelling.

‘*Huff* Fuck *argh*,’ she swore, nearly hyperventilating after less than a mile, ‘go! *ugh* Leave me!’

Tears were pouring down her eyes, tears of fear and frustration. Three years ago she’d have been a mile away by now, even a year ago she’d have kept running but too much fat had stuck to her body to run. ‘I can jog about a mile’ she’d said to Sarah that afternoon, but that had been overly optimistic, not counting in how her immense weight would hamper her soft, delicate knees.

‘Not a chance,’ Sarah told her, fumbling with the straps holding the weight harness to Jessica’s shoulders, ‘there’s no cowards on your team, remember?’

It was hard, her head lamp was unsteady, the straps were the same color as Jessica’s sports bra and they’d dug deep into the butter soft fat. She found and undid one buckle just as the first monster sprang out of the mist, popped eye still reforming, and swinging its claw at the doubled over supermodel.

Jessica howled in agony as she was cut before there was a sharp clang of iron, the model was thrown to the ground and the beast screamed louder than its victim had. It staggered back in Sarah’s headlight, holding up its damaged talons which smoked and popped, the thin layer of flesh over them burning away from its bones. Seeing a gleam of pink on the ground, Sarah grabbed Jessica’s pistol.

She’d never used a gun before, the closest had been when her husband had drunkenly made her play Call of Duty when they were just dating, but the weapon was already ready to shoot. Sarah’s first shot went wild, flying off into the swirling mists as the creature snarled at her. There was less recoil than she’d thought and less noise, she recentered and fired again, the second bullet blasting off the monster’s ear.

Still smoking, it stumbled towards her, unburned hand raised as a shield. Desperate, the teacher pulled the trigger again, the bullet blasting through its skeletal palm and through its remaining eye. Sarah pulled the trigger again to a dull click, the chamber empty but her pursuer fell with a thump and instead of foaming and snarling it immediately began to rot away.

‘Jesus,’ the teacher whispered to herself as the monster sizzled and popped.

‘Ugh,’ Jessica groaned from the ditch, trying to push herself up.

The model was a mess: blood dripped steadily down her back, her knees were a mess of scrapes and dead leaves and grass were stuck all over her. Sarah ran over to her, grabbing her arm and helping her up. That didn’t go well, Sarah was fast and fit but not a lifter, three hundred pounds of fat, muscle and iron didn’t budge easily and Jessica seethed as her injured back stretched.

‘Leave me damn it,’ Jessica moaned, nearly collapsing back, ‘I’m too fucked to keep going. I was before this…’

Sweat and blood covered her and her immense breasts rose and fell with rapidity, she was almost hyper ventilating. Jessica Milgrave, the best runner Sarah had ever seen couldn’t even get up. Fear, shame and sympathy had ground away at Sarah’s barriers and something inside her, something hidden from her snapped.

‘Oh is fatty gonna lay down and take a nap?’ Sarah asked snidely, in the mean girl voice she’d never used, ‘do you need me to get you a snack Ms. Porky buns?’

‘What?’ the injured model wheezed, taken aback at the insult.

‘You let yourself get too fat to get up,’ Sarah continued on, ‘Jessica Milgrave is such a big fat lazy lump that she’s gonna sit on her big flabby ass until the werewolves eat her. At least there’s so much lard on her they’ll be eating till the sunrises! Look at you, the sexiest woman on earth got too big to stand! I used to be so jealous of your tits and your abs and your legs and now I can’t even stop wondering if you can still even fuck! You’re so fat you’d lie about being sick just to excuse how big your ass got!’

‘Stop talking to me like that,’ Jessica said, anger rising.

‘What are you gonna do if I don’t, lardass?’ the thin teacher giggled, taking out her phone, ‘Sit on me? Hold on, I need to take a picture of you so I can share it online of how you’re so fucking lazy and useless. You’re such a bulked out piece of crap that you can’t even get up! Do you need a food bribe to get up, because there’s a whole ice cream truck for you to pig out on if you can get off the ground, fatty!’

Jessica snarled and surged up at her, ignoring injury and exhaustion. A massive fist rose up but she realized she was standing before she could hit her friend, who smiled sheepishly at her.

‘Oh god I”m so sorry Jessica,’ Sarah stammered, ‘it all just slipped out and you’re not a piece of crap and I know you’re not lying and…’

The injured model grabbed the empty gun from Sarah’s hands, checking the chamber and pulling another magazine out of her fanny pack. She reloaded as she began lumbering forwards, Sarah still gabbling apologies along her side.

‘Really you don’t look bad and you’re not lazy I just wanted you to get up,’ the blonde went on, voice rising higher as she yelled.

‘Sarah, shut the fuck up,’ Jessica wheezed, feeling her knees spasm and going to drop her weight harness at last, ‘and thank you for not letting me get eaten.’

The weight hit the ground with a thud and the obese model lumbered forwards a little easier. Sarah looked at the iron, pieces of the monster’s hide still sizzling on it, and picked it up by the straps. It weighed a ton, she almost fell over but she held it like a club.

‘What are you doing with that?’ her friend demanded, ‘come on!’

‘You shot that thing three times and it just got back up,’ the teacher countered, ‘It hits this and it started burning, then died when I shot it once. These weights are like acid to them and if one of them comes at us again I don’t want to be unarmed.’

‘Fine, just come on,’ the brunette insisted.

They trotted on through the gloom, moing slowly to deal with the weights and Jess’ injury. Sarah was soon dragging the weight rack, her arms burning with effort, but the lights over the parking lot loomed before them. Sarah’s car was still there, alongside the still form of the ice cream truck.

‘Why the hell is there an ice cream truck here?’ Jessica asked.

‘I don’t know, I saw it earlier and talked to the old student of mine driving it,’ Sarah told her, memory cutting through the fear, ‘it was weird, this girl was a homely little mouse four years ago but she looked like she’d stepped off a pinup when I saw her tonight. She was really insistent on me eating a cone of vanilla from it. I told her to call 911 when I heard you shoot, she must have waited for me.’

‘You haven’t called 911 yet?’ Jessica asked her, anger in her blue eyes.

‘No, I ran to find you!’ Sarah snapped, pulling her phone out and wincing when she saw there was no signal, ‘Damn coverage spots, screw it anyway, let’s get to the car and get out of here.’

‘Sam, if you can hear me drive the fuck out of here!’ Sarah yelled at the truck, hoping the skinny ice cream saleswoman was just in the back and not being digested.

A minute later they were opening the Lexus, Jessica’s legs wavering from pain. She was wincing at every step now, trying and failing not to put any weight on her knees.

‘Fuck, fuck, fuck,’ the model whined, ‘I hope I didn’t tear anything. Oh FUCK.’

The last was when she leaned into the car seat onto her cuts, the pain searing through her as torn flesh touched leather. Sarah winced in sympathy and started the car, slamming the gear into reverse and hammering the gas only for the car to slump backwards, barely controllable.

‘What the heck?’ she almost swore, barely able to get the wheel turned as the cars computer display showed all four tires were flat! ‘They popped my tires! Oh my god they can think! We can’t drive this with four flats!’

‘Get into the ice cream truck!’ Jess ordered, throwing the door open and lurching out.

Sarah remembered to grab her keys before leaving the car, running past Jessica (foot squelching on melted vanilla) and finding the ice cream truck unlocked. She scrambled inside of the vehicle, thanking God that the keys were in the ignition.

‘Sam are you back there!’ she yelled into the back compartment, which was vacant save for ice cream.

Jessica slumped into the car, wheezing and rasping, taking out an inhaler and puffing on it, ‘Come on, drive!’

‘Sam’s not in here!’ Sarah yelled in response.

‘If Sam’s not in in here she’s already dead,’ Jessica snapped, ‘get us the hell out of here!’

Sarah turned the keys on and immediately the jingle began playing. Instead of putting it into drive the teacher froze in her seat, head turning back to the ice cream department.

‘Sarah, drive!’ Jessica yelled at her.

Sarah  stood up in the cab and rushed to the back of the truck. The vanilla soft serve machine gleamed and the jingle shot through her head faster than a bullet. The slender runner wrapped her lips around the soft nozzle of the device and pulled the lever, instant nirvana shooting through her body.

Jessica didn’t bother trying to figure out what was happening. Wincing in pain and cursing at her bulk, she hauled her heavy body into the drivers seat and shoved it into drive just as two of the monsters galloped into the headlights. Cramping or not, her thigh muscles drove the pedal down to the floor and the truck shot forwards. The model barely had time to slam the seat belt home before the first monster slammed into the front of the vehicle, in the back Sarah was knocked to the floor, groaning in pain as she landed on her stomach. Jessica kept the pedal flat, ramming into a second wolf monster and then ramming both of them into the cast iron railing along the parking lot. Both beasts howled and hissed, their flesh dissolving and the model fired through the windshield, putting two bullets through each of their heads before she put the damaged truck into reverse.

‘What are you doing!’ the gunslinger yelled, twisting back to see Sarah making out with the ice cream machine again, sucking at it with the intensity of a baby at the tit.

‘So...good…,’ the teacher muttered between long sucks, ‘turn...music….can’t...think…’

Jessica looked back at the front of the truck, hitting buttons and only managing to turn on swirling lights. She bent back to see if the switch was in back only for a loud gunshot to ring out through the night sky. The driver’s window shattered, scattering glass across the model’s arm and the bullet went where her head had been a second before, blasting out the rest of the windshield. Jessica hit the gas,the truck reversing out of the park.

An enormously tall woman with a gun and a buzz cut walked out of the fog, tall enough to make Jessica look like a shrimp. Immense muscles bulged at military fatigues, while a belt heavy with magazines and a knife was cinched around a tiny waist. She worked the action of a bolt action rifle, looking cooly down the scope at the retreating car and its terrified driver.

Jessica dropped below the window, firing blindly over it as she whipped the car around put it into drive and shot down the highway as fast it could go for five full minutes. Fog and the occasional car whipped by, until they came to the town’s first intersection, a lonely three way exit in the middle of nowhere, which turned red as Jessica rounded a corner. She hit the breaks, coming to a stop and let a long, painful shake go through her body. Putting her head in her hands, the trembling woman felt fear and self loathing and confusion run through her until someone kicked her in the shoulder.

‘Umff*, help, *ugh* me,’ Sarah moaned.

Looking back, she saw that Sarah was still sucking down soft serve, wrapped around the machine like a lover throughout the gunfight, sucking it down even as her belly began to press against the machine. Soft, frantic moans were escaping between sucks and one hand was jammed firmly down the front of her pants. Her nipples looked ready to rip through the sports bra. On the roof, the truck’s sound system still played the jingle:

‘Not my truck anyway,’ Jessica hissed, firing through the roof until it stopped playing.

Sarah fell immediately to the floor, moaning in pain and joy. She lay on her back, sticky and writhing, face and breasts covered in slowly melting goop. The flat, firm stomach she’d started out with was a swollen mess, rising up far more bloated than mere beer could ever hope to make it. The dome went far past her breasts and forced her shorts to her navel, nearly as large as her baby belly had been. An all over shiver shot through her and she kept touching herself, hand itching faster and faster along her clit while her other hand went to her tits, going faster and faster until she began to scream.

Jessica watched her in amazement as her friend’s back arched and the blonde screamed louder than any of the werewolves had before passing out.

‘What the fuck,’ Jessica asked the air.

A mile or so away, Samantha sprinted after them. She ran fast, faster than a human should be able to run, with the rifle held tight in her hands and her yellow eyes blazing. She only stopped when the radio on her hip buzzed a demand.

'Ramirez, progress check,' it ordered.

'Maserbaur managed to avoid being consumed, she escaped with the truck and her accomplice after killing several of the hounds,' she reported into it, voice clipped and easy despite going over thirty miles an hour.

'They did what?' the other voice shrieked and immediately the super human woman began to shrink.

Muscles deflated as belly fat surged over her abdominals, ripping open her pants even as her pant legs became too short and her breasts went from E to B.

'She's awakened!' Samantha screamed into the radio from five feet off the ground, 'I've got visual confirmation she's consumed it.'

'...Affirmative,' the voice on the other end said flatly, 'pick up is incoming. Begin monitoring subject, she's the keystone, she'll have to be grabbed before her abilities manifest. Who was with her? The husband's been dealt with.'

The transformation stopped, then altered. Belly fat vanished, her waist becoming lean and tappered while her legs became long and slender. Breasts popped back out, perfect tear drops with small nipples five inches above the chest as her girlish hips sported a rock hard bubble butt. The stretched out fatigues hung off the tall, slender girl who ran her hands through her again long hair.

'Uh, some fat chick, I don't know,' the air headed young woman shrugged, 'she was kinda pretty but she was really big.'

'Milgrave,' the radio said, 'she shouldn't be here. She'll be an issue, just like her father.'

'Was she that old model?' the twenty one year old beauty asked,'the one who got all like, chubby? She was all scratched up and bleeding.'

'Bleeding...how?" the radio demanded.

I saved this story because your stories are so well-prosed and deep, and I was blown away by the amazing scope of this thing. This plot is incredible! I have no idea where it could go, and there’s so many hints and suspicions all over the place, I have no idea how this will turn out! The plot is so thick, it’s like a Red Robin Burger that I have no idea how to bite because it’s just that thick. This is absolutely genius! I’m trying to think of another wg story that’s so unpredictable and I keep failing. I think you’ve done it! I think you’ve just started writing the first wg plot that no one can predict!

Chapter 7: The One Who Lost, Gaining.

‘Ouch,’ Jessica hissed as the EMT wiped her back injury down with alcohol.

‘Better than an infection,’ the man told her, ‘and nothing compared to the r**s shot you’ll need to get.’

‘I hate shots,’ the model said, ending as another hiss as gauze whipped blood off of her back fat, ‘but I guess its better than getting old yellered. Was there anything vital hit?’

‘No, don’t mean to sound mean or anything but it was just a flesh wound,’ the man said a little sheepishly, ‘although I’m sure it didn’t feel that way.’

She was sitting on the back of the ambulance, who’s lights still flashed into the chilly night air. The EMT was acting with extreme professionalism, caring only about the injury and nothing about the topless supermodel who sat in front of him. To Sarah he looked vaguely familiar, a fit looking man about her age with brown hair, and she was amazed at how Jessica was able to sit there with her dignity only protected by her hands, which had never been a match for her top heavy figure and we're now dwarfed by the task.

Four sheriff’s deputies were doing their level best to pretend not to look as they milled around on the highway from where Jessica’s 911 call had finally reached them.

‘So to make sure I got this down right, you were out running and were attacked by, what was it again?’ The sheriff asked again.

Gilcourt had been sheriff as long as Sarah could remember, he was a tall man with a bushy grey mustache and cold eyes. She remembered that Jessica’s dad had disliked him but wasn’t sure why.

‘A horde of werewolves and Wonder Woman’s gun toting evil twin,’ she said mentally.

‘I...I think it was pack of dogs,’ she said shakily, hand pressed against her hoody and the stomach that pressed tight against it, ‘big ones. German shepard mixes maybe. They were crazy and feral, I heard Jessica shooting at the ones circling her and ran back to help.’

‘And what exactly were you going to do? You’re not exactly going to scare them off,’ the old man said rather cruelly.

‘Hey, I try and stay in shape,’ the teacher countered, ‘I was able to help her back to the parking lot but someone had popped all of my tires. The dogs were after us and we ran into the ice cream truck to try and escape.’

‘Why not just stay in the car?’ He asked her in a hostile voice, ‘why decide to commit grand theft auto to escape some mutts?’

‘Someone else was shooting,’ Sarah didn’t lie, ‘some crazy Hunter or something. He blew out the window of the ice cream truck so we had to get out of there. Even if he was shooting at them we didn’t want to stay there. That’s reasonable, isn’t it?’

‘To me it sounds like horse shit, especially because we didn’t find so much as a hair of any dog at that parking lot, just an airhead dairy clerk so intent on making out with her boyfriend in the restroom that she hadn’t noticed her truck was stolen,’the sheriff said, ‘and you two can both talk to us about it down at the station and further…’

His radio buzzed and the old man listened to it, his expression growing angrier.

‘Understood,’ he grumbled into it, turning back to Sarah, ‘you’re lucky that Omna-dairy isn't pressing charges today. They’re sending someone out to pick this up later, they even said that you could take whatever you want from it. You two are free to go.'

'Are you going to give us a ride?' Sarah asked.

'Not part of the job description,' the sheriff spat.

The teacher put her hands to her stomach, stretching out the omna-dairy hoody she’d grabbed from the tricky like a 11th month pregnancy. She knew it looked ridiculous, she wasn’t fooling anyone to the stuffed circumference of her waist and was equally scared and angry. Scared because of the power that jingle had clearly had over her, angry because it had undone months of work to she'd her baby weight.

‘Am I going to need stitches?’  Jessica asked as she was bandaged up, ‘I don’t want to sound vain, but I can’t afford it to scar in my line of work.’

‘Ha, I doubt that your publishers would care. I’m sure they’d Photoshop it out if you asked,’ the EMT chuckled, ‘but no, you got lucky. These scratches were pretty shallow. A week or so and you won’t even be able to tell.’

‘Good, at least something’s going well tonight,’ Jessica sighed, stopping her watch from humming and eating a pemmican bar, ‘sorry, diet plan.’

‘No need to explain, I’ve been on one for years,’ he said, ‘diabetes.’

The Sheriff’s deputies began leaving, the sheriff stringently ignoring the victims. How he’d repeatedly won elections baffled Sarah and she got up off the omni-dairy truck form where she’d lent, already feeling the weight of ice cream shaking in her gut. The cops didn’t bother offering either of them a ride, although they’d collected the truck keys. At least they hadn’t been arrested though.

‘You gonna be able to walk back?’ Sarah asked her friend, slightly annoyed in the way the EMT seemed to be fawning over the plus size super model, ‘because we don’t have much of an option.’

‘My knees are feeling a lot better, if I don’t have to run I can make it. How far would it be from your house? I’ve only got three or four shots...or energy drink left.’ The taller woman responded, not fully letting out that she had a gun, as the last bandage was stuck on, standing up and putting on another stolen omni-dairy jacket that didn’t cover her slightly droopy paunch.

‘About four or five miles,’ the teacher sighed, ‘and after running more than I usually do in a day even before I got chased by dogs.’

‘I can take you in,’ the EMT volunteered, ‘it's on the way to the depot anyway.’

‘Thanks...have we met?’ Sarah asked, not trusting anyone but Jessica in the increasingly bizarre town.

‘We were in Junior English together, Tommy Hilgreen,’ he admitted, ‘I was a lot bigger then so I don’t blame you.’

Sarah’s eyes narrowed. Tommy Hilgreen had been a human dough ball in high school, funny and smart but nearly fat as he was tall. This guy wasn’t exactly captain America but he looked pretty strong and fit. And given how odd every high school loser turned paragon had been, it was tripping all kinds of alarm bells.

‘Do you mind if we ride in the back?’ Jessica asked quickly.

‘Can’t too many drugs, even though I know you wouldn’t steal them,’ he said, but there’s enough room in the front for you two.’

Jessica nodded at the hesitant Sarah, clearly her hesitancy to ride with strangers was overwhelmed by not wanting to be mauled to death again by werewolves. Not long after they were driving away, Sarah in the middle seat with Jessica’s expansive hips pressing into her. Her old friend was warm to the touch and damp with sweat, but Sarah pressed in close anyway, constantly fidgeting with how the belt cut into her stuffed waist.

For a bit there was just silence until Tommy turned to them at a stop sign.

‘Sorry for the shit he was giving you guys,’ he told them both, ‘asshole cares more about looking good for voters than solving any crimes or not treating people like crap. He’s tried to interrogate ODing junkies I’ve been trying to save before.’

‘Well, if Omna-dairy had pressed charges I don’t know what we’d have done, go to jail I guess,’ she sighed.

With her marriage rocky and her body slipping out of control it was the last thing she needed, even before werewolves started showing up.

‘My lawyer would have eaten his small town asshole out,’ Jessica boasted, ‘I’m not joking either, man is gayer than a fruitcake and ruthless as a T-Rex. Gilcourt would have been on his knees begging him after the lawsuit he’d dropped. He got VS to pay me five hundred K after their fashion director said I’d never walk in their show again.’

Some good natured, relieved laughter went through them.

‘So, I have to ask this as someone that isn’t law enforcement,’ Tommy said with some hesitation, ‘I’m not a doctor but Hippocratic oath and all that, I can't share anything, just like a priest. What scratched you?’

Jessica for once hesitated, ‘I told you, a dog.’

‘Some dog, to jump that high and have claws that deep and get a cut like that through your sports bra,’ Hilgreen said with a raised eyebrow, ‘and to not run away when you shot at them.’

‘No one shot at anything,’ Sarah denied.

‘Then the powder marks on both your hands are some sort of make up?’ He asked as the ambulance pulled into town.

‘Acorn street,’ Sarah told him instead of answering as houses and business went by, ‘7th house down it.’

‘I’m asking this because I know something weird is going on here and as your both from here I know you’ve noticed too,’ the EMT told them, ‘in spring time, half my job used to be driving out to mom and pop farms and helping people who got kicked or gored or run over by a tractor. The last few weeks? No calls in the middle of the summer when all the herds get worked. I drove by one place where I used to be every few weeks and it was a ghost town.’

Sarah looked at Jessica, neither willing to say anything.

‘And I got hassled by some security goons that I almost recognized from school, save that they were missing three hundred pounds and I know that makes me seem suspicious but I started losing weight in senior year and these guys were heart attacks in waiting last christmas,’ Tommy continued, ‘and I saw Hilary marsh at the grocery store yesterday and she was holding her pants on with a rubber band.’

‘Well, Hilary got pretty heavy after she got knocked up at Prom,’ Jessica said, ‘a fake reputation as the town slut will do that to you.’

Hilary had been a pretty good, if not star basketball player and a popular girl until a broken condom had ruined her figure. She’d resisted pressures to raise the thing and adopted the resulting twins out, but had spent senior year swelling up in the interim, going from the second best athlete in the school into a sloppy apple with a belly too big she couldn't get into a desk. She’d lost her scholarship as a result and been stuck in town working at the grocery store, but had worked her way up through the ranks and down in weight, to general manager and almost her high school size.

‘Hilary got big into cross fit and being a vegan since you left,’ Sarah confirmed, ‘Listen Tommy, yeah, we’ve noticed some weird things lately. And...I don’t know how to explain them in a way that doesn’t sound crazy. But there’s something dangerous behind it.’

They pulled up in front of Sarah’s house and the two got out, the EMT handing over a business card, ‘If you see anything else weird, call me.’

He drove off and Sarah put the card in her pocket, ‘Do we trust him?’

‘Apart from you I don’t know who to trust,’ Jessica shrugged, walking toward the house, ‘you came back for me after all, why?’

‘You’re Jessica, we’ve been friends since I’ve known what that meant,’ the blonde teacher sighed, ‘if I left you behind, who would I be? Why do you have a gun?’

The obese model sighed, ‘because I’m a supermodel. I’ve had a few stalkers, one of whom got pretty offended when I started putting on weight. Sent letters saying how I was ruining gods plan for us. Ugh.’

Once inside, with all the lights on and the doors locked, Sarah threw off the hoody and groaned at the pregnant looking food baby hanging out over her shorts.

‘Oh that’s gonna take a while to run off,’ the teacher grunted, ‘and I was finally making progress.’

‘Skinny thing like you will work it off,’ her much heavier friend noted, making Sarah blush, ‘even though you making out with that thing while werewolves attacked us was weird as fuck. Why were you doing that?’

Yes, she had a weight problem but her friend had it far worse. Just because she was still well above her college weight didn’t mean she had room to complain.

‘It felt like mind control. Could it have been some sort of subliminal message?’ She asked.

‘I have no idea, my background is financial investment not ice cream jingles,’ the tall woman said, ‘right now what I need is a shower, my pre-bed meal and bed. Tomorrow is going to be busy though, we’ve got to figure out what the hell is going on.

‘Shower, bed and shower again,’ Sarah agreed.

….

Morning came and Sarah woke up feeling like shit, despite the shower and the long amount of sleep she’d gotten after snoozing her morning go run alarm. It’d been a misery she’d tried avoiding whenever possible since she’d started it up and a monster attack seemed like a good enough reason. Dull clinks were coming from down stairs, Jessica already working out again like the maniac she was.

The blonde rolled out of bed and realized by the impression on the bed that she and Jess had slept in the same room the first time since they were kids. It explained why she didn’t remember any nightmares despite the horrible events of a day before, the taller woman was like a nightlight to her. It was slightly embarrassing as she’d slept completely nude, but the model hadn’t said anything at least.

She padded into the master bathroom, letting out a relieved sigh to see herself in the full length mirror.

‘Oh thank God I didn’t get fat,’ Sarah sighed as she saw herself looking exactly the same as the morning before.

It wasn’t a candle to her college body of course, but given how fucking weird everything was she’d expected to wake up substantially heavier. Instead she was the same: an oversoft trophy wife who was still trying to burn off baby weight even as middle aged spread appeared over the horizon.

Her double chin dutifully showed unless she looked straight ahead and only one dimple showed on her slightly round cheeks. Full D cups hung heavily but fully on her chest, barely changed from when she’d been nursing. Her belly was still her belly, a full, toneless paunch even with her boobs that spanx didn’t quite hide when she dressed professionally and had made her too embarrassed to wear a bikini or go running in just a sports bra. Her hips still hadn’t lost the awkward roundness and the somewhat low, squishy butt that she blamed on her teaching job had only partly receeded. At least all the running she’d been doing since she’d burst that button on Christmas was firming up her legs, they weren’t the graceful stems that she’d had in her youth but three miles a day, five days a week was toning them up and making it so that she didn’t waddle.

She went over to the scale, happy that her thighs only brushed occasionally and looked down at the display: 152 lbs.

‘Oh thank God, only two pounds after all that beer and ice cream,’ she sighed.

Sarah was still technically overweight, but the teacher reflected that she’d made some significant progress in her endless battle of the bulge. She’d let herself get far too fat while pregnant, enough that her asshole husband had stopped touching her and lost most of it in the first year, getting down to 140 lbs, to the point that her pre-maternity clothes sort of fit. However going back to work, looking after a baby and cleaning house without help combined with her continued sex drought had led to less exercise, more time sitting and plenty of stress eating: she’d regained every ounce in two years and never quite admitted to herself how big and out of shape she’d gotten again. She’d known she’d been getting porky, her husband had tossed plenty of digs her way even though he wasn’t exactly svelte himself anymore, but the painful barbs had only made her eat more. He hadn’t paid her enough attention when thin, maybe stuffing herself would make him hurt?

It wasn’t until an insurance mandated physical at the start of the last school year had told Sarah that she was obese and starting to get high blood pressure that she took things into hand. The weight loss in the year since then had been slow and difficult, exercising when you’re 200 lbs and haven’t ran, swam or done so much as a sit up in three years is hard. But Sarah had once been an athlete after all and the pounds had come off surely with only a few hickups here and there. She was proud of herself: she was up to three miles a day on week days now, was fitting into clothes she hadn’t worn in years and had even started using the long disused weight wrack down stairs

Yo-yo’ing in weight wasn’t good for you, the stretch marks on her thighs, hips and gut didn’t argue with that, but it was better than staying fat or getting fatter. She meant to keep this up, to try and get down to 130 or maybe even 120 and stay there.

‘Long way to go, but you’re on the downward slope,’ she told herself, standing side ways and sucking in her greatly receeded paunch until it was almost flat again.

She had to let it go after a minute, it flowed out until it was again even with her chest.

Sighing, she stepped into the shower only to hear Jessica’s voice come up from the lower level.

‘Hey Sarah, is this scale in the guest bathroom accurate?’ Her friend yelled, voice full of concern.

‘Should be, what’s up?’the teacher returned.

‘Because it's says I’ve lost ten pounds, which shouldn’t be possible,’ the model yelled back