Quantcast
Sign in to follow this  
lovelymeow555

Something very serious to consider about the Celebrities board

7 posts / 418 viewsLast Reply

I'm starting to notice a trend in the Celebrities board and it has the potential of spiraling out of control pretty quickly. 
When we feature someone like Brittany Spears or Kim Kardashian in the Celebrities board, there's next to no chance of them finding themselves on this site; we're the nine millionth group talking about them when you consider other forums, pop news sites and even twitter, we're just droplets in an ocean of content. 
This all slips away when we start creating topics about local news anchors using their full names when creating the topic, because when their names are put into google there's a very finite list of results, and given the popularity of this site their names often appear in the first results, if not the first entry on google. 
Reporters search their names all the time, because their names are attached to the stories they do - if they search their names and they find topics on Celebrities very easily, they're going to research and then we have a very real possibility of having them turn this entire thing into a report on television, and trust me, this story has legs. There is no way this is going to be glossed over in the era we're living in, especially when every single one of them (despite the purpose of the topic) is going to feel victimized. If it's picked up and aired, we will see full-on global attention and there's no telling what sort of response we'll have in return.  

All we have to do right now to to curb this is remove the last names in reporter threads, or anyone posted that doesn't really fit the qualifications of being a 'celebrity'. Otherwise it's a very real concern that we'll see something like this in the future. Look at the views, look at the response and think about how widespread something like could get:

I completely agree. I just googled a couple of these reporters on google images and it didn't take long to find the link to curvage. Local reporters are hardly 'celebrities' anyway, so why not move them to some other area of the site that isn't public? Or just make the entire FatCelebs board accessible to members only like everything else is? There are a number of easy solutions. 

58 minutes ago, S77 said:

I was not aware we were living in shame and trying to hide. 

It has nothing to do with shame and everything to do with perception - the view of this site by those discussed is not going to be positive, and in its worst-case scenario it's going to spark a ton of pushback - you've seen the videos where the site has been discovered by lesser known celebrities and they're actually breaking down on camera and weeping about it, the next step is public outrage, potential legal proceedings and at least one news report on the ethics/morality of posting - isn't it worth trying to limit that as much possible by leaving out a last name? 

I can certainly see where you are coming from.  I can also respect just looking out for the greater good.

I would like to point out that there is nothing illegal or wrong with enjoying curvy women. Any person who feels their images are posted here against their will are welcome to fill out a DMCA take down request and we always comply. If any person does not like what we stand for, frankly that's their problem. There isn't a thing shameful in my opinion about Curvage or it's members. Fake outrage and "push backs" are nothing but a ridiculous scare tactic. When it comes right down to it, some folks will like us, others won't. That's just life.

We are a popular site and continuing to grow because folks love Curvage.  As far as the haters.. well..you know

Thank you :)

I can see where you're coming from as well - and this topic wasn't meant to introduce some broad-sweeping mandatory posting rule, that's why I named it 'something to consider' because it does have the potential to turn into something very negative for the site down the line, if given the chance. 
There is nothing illegal with the initial posting, but that doesn't mean the world of legal wrangling can't develop a case out of it if the person involved claimed the felt victimized because of it, then you have the ramifications of mental anguish lawsuits, which while typically frivolous, could absolutely be used here. Keep in mind too, I am going for worst-case scenario - it's far more likely given the sites history and current focus on reporters that we'll end up with an offended journalist with her own topic that goes live on air with it, it'll then be picked up as a crusade for the rest of the internet and the site will be subject to a wholly unnecessary attack over a surname. 
So let me just restate my view - if you've made a topic in Celebrities which includes a full name consider removing the surname so we can avoid a blow-up down the road, not to hide, but to cover our asses just in case. A last name isn't needed to enjoy the pictures.