Stories that take it slow...

leidsekaas

I'm looking for recommendations for stories that don't state a weight and a cup size in the first paragraph. Stories with environments, with more than one plot thread, with multiple defined characters that may react to any WG elements in their own ways; stories with atmosphere, that detail things besides the shape and texture of the female flesh. One example that comes to my head is a comic: No Lunch Break. Doesn't have to be quite as lengthy, as long as it feels "rich".

This isn't meant to deride readers/writers of the more to-the-point type, a slower story is just what I'm looking for right now.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm way late to this party but I'm gonna shill my own work anyway.

@leidsekaas, I think "The Slowest Champion -Revisited-" might be up your alley.

It's a lengthy story (~70k words) exploring the plausible causes and consequences of weight gain, hubris, humiliation, and role-reversal. To better facilitate verisimilitude amid the sometimes cold and isolating atmosphere of highly competitive student athletics, I researched the scenarios and settings to make sure they lined up with reality--even down to the specific teams and schedules that appear in swim meets. When it comes weight stuff, the story eschews nearly all mention of numbers and statistics in favor of descriptive detail. The characters and their motivations are a bit more subtle and rich than is typical for this kind of story, to the point that here at Curvage some folks got into spirited discussions about whether or not Kara, the protagonist, "deserved" the various things that happened to her, and to what extent secondary characters like Sarah, Jessie, and Delilah were justified or not in their own behavior.

If all that sounds interesting, I recommend checking it out on my DeviantArt page: https://www.deviantart.com/riptoryx/art/The-Slowest-Champion-Revisited-COVER-649231801

There is also a lengthy Curvage thread about the story. The thread has some great commentary that can make for fun companion reading. Since I couldn't go back to edit text in old posts, though, the version of the story text on DeviantArt is a bit more polished.

TSC-R cover.jpg

24 minutes ago, riptoryx said:

I'm way late to this party but I'm gonna shill my own work anyway.

@leidsekaas, I think "The Slowest Champion -Revisited-" might be up your alley.

It's a lengthy story (~70k words) exploring the plausible causes and consequences of weight gain, hubris, humiliation, and role-reversal. To better facilitate verisimilitude amid the sometimes cold and isolating atmosphere of highly competitive student athletics, I researched the scenarios and settings to make sure they lined up with reality--even down to the specific teams and schedules that appear in swim meets. When it comes weight stuff, the story eschews nearly all mention of numbers and statistics in favor of descriptive detail. The characters and their motivations are a bit more subtle and rich than is typical for this kind of story, to the point that here at Curvage some folks got into spirited discussions about whether or not Kara, the protagonist, "deserved" the various things that happened to her, and to what extent secondary characters like Sarah, Jessie, and Delilah were justified or not in their own behavior.

If all that sounds interesting, I recommend checking it out on my DeviantArt page: https://www.deviantart.com/riptoryx/art/The-Slowest-Champion-Revisited-COVER-649231801

There is also a lengthy Curvage thread about the story. The thread has some great commentary that can make for fun companion reading. Since I couldn't go back to edit text in old posts, though, the version of the story text on DeviantArt is a bit more polished.

TSC-R cover.jpg

Gosh! That story was too damn long, even for me (and I read the Bible, the Torah, one third of the Quran, the Ramayana, the H.P. Saga, a ninth out of ten of the entire Tolkien Legendarium and the Canadian Law, then tolerated all the nonsense from a woman who wasn't my girlfriend but acted like a jealous one for ten years, so you may have an idea about the beam of my patience!) . The storytelling was sensational, though.

2 minutes ago, John Smith said:

Gosh! That story was too damn long, even for me (and I read the Bible, the Torah, one third of the Quran, the Ramayana, the H.P. Saga, a ninth out of ten of the entire Tolkien Legendarium and the Canadian Law, then tolerated all the nonsense from a woman who wasn't my girlfriend but acted like a jealous one for ten years, so you may have an idea about the beam of my patience!) . The storytelling was sensational, though.

Um....thanks? I think? :blink:

It never occurred to me that my weight gain erotica might be compared (in any way!) to the Quran.

5 minutes ago, riptoryx said:

Um....thanks? I think? :blink:

It never occurred to me that my weight gain erotica might be compared (in any way!) to the Quran.

One of the first lowkey WG/average-to-USSBBW erotica narratives in recorded history, matter of fact.

Did you knew that one of Muhammad's nieces has grown so fat in marriage she needed to be assisted by four servantmaids to just stand up? And it used to be the norm at those times.

7 hours ago, John Smith said:

One of the first lowkey WG/average-to-USSBBW erotica narratives in recorded history, matter of fact.

Did you knew that one of Muhammad's nieces has grown so fat in marriage she needed to be assisted by four servantmaids to just stand up? And it used to be the norm at those times.

She must have been over 200lbs

4 hours ago, mal57 said:

I tend to write like that, more often than not. I'm glad someone appreciates it — I'm always worried I'm holding out on people!

https://www.deviantart.com/mrwrong1/gallery/55924970/mm-s-house-of-bbw-noir

Oh, I hella second this fella. https://www.deviantart.com/mrwrong1/gallery/70152615/shapiro-files-2-the-big-bounce, in particular, is one of my favourite stories and that it happens to contain women of a certain surfeit makes it all the merrier. He writes with wit and imagination like nobody in this genre ever has.

15 hours ago, OscarWinner said:

Is there an alternative cover; one where her upper body is thin but her lower body is fat and cellulite-riddled?

Unfortunately no. I wish I had the talent to create something like that from scratch. The cover mostly consists of an advertisement image I "borrowed" and then slightly edited so as to make it a better fit for the main character. I've toyed with the idea of commissioning an original illustration from among the pool of talented FA artists but never actually gotten around to making the pitch. If I did, I think something like that and/or other scenes and characters might be fun!

• 5 weeks later...