What The Hell, Internet?? Why?? Karina Irby Slammed For Body Positivity Discourse

John Smith

I'm going to be straight up coarse mannered, but who the infinite f**** are those people who slams a body positivity advocate about a body-positively point she did made about self-image issues??

"After receiving considerable backlash over her photoshopped bikini picture, in which she made herself look curvier than she is, bikini designer Karina Irby finally opened up about why she had chosen to edit her photo.

https://www.meaww.com/amp/news/karina-irby-deletes-photoshopped-instagram-post-reveals-goal-behind-curvy-photo

In an interview with Daily Mail Australia, the founder of Moana Bikini admitted that there was a purpose behind her choice to photoshop herself to look fatter. She explained that her goal was to call out women who tamper with their photos and selfies to make themselves look thinner or smoothen out the cellulite to appear flawless."

96e033f0-a7d1-11e9-8705-13443d606c03_800_420.png

1 hour ago, BindsThatTie said:

Wow, triggered. I like how all of the furious BBW's are like:

Screen-Shot-2019-07-18-at-9.04.12-AM.jpg

YOU HAVE TO LIVE THE LIFE.

I just don't get it. When she was morphing her pictures to look thinner just to made a statement about how society obssessively press out all women into a set of noxious thin-centered views, no one was saying anything.

But when she does morph her body to make look herself bigger so that she may praise fuller bodies like does any Body Positivity advocates, everyone lose their minds?? Nonsense.

Welcome to 2019. Where everything you do or say is wrong and the internet is perpetually offended.

The number of topics that have become radioactive have reached an unsustainable level. I mean the lady was trying to make a point but once again nobody bothers to listen to her reasons, they just react and claim agrevement.

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Welcome to 2019. Where everything you do or say is wrong and the internet is perpetually offended.

The number of topics that have become radioactive have reached an unsustainable level. I mean the lady was trying to make a point but once again nobody bothers to listen to her reasons, they just react and claim agrevement.

2019?? When my greatfather was about my age, sitting alongside your own wife on the front bench of the church just alongside white folks was the kind of act capable to stir up a nationwide scandal in the African colony he was born. That was 1959: when in the meantime, the people of this continent used to lose their minds and burn giant wooden crosses front to the homes of their own cocitizens just because they went to share the same schools, doors, pools and drinking fountains they did use. We all know what happened the next eleven years thereafter.

Butthurts and toxic ideologists did always existed. The digital era and social medias just allowed to democratize all of their voices instead of just seeing the much privilegied faces of the iceberg.

But that's not the point. The point is about the incoherence behind why Karina get slammed. That's preposterous.

1 hour ago, extra_m13 said:

i dont understand, it would be so easy for her to get fatter, and fun and full of pleasure. and... no need to photoshop, what a dumb but intriguing idea... 

You are actually viewing the point from the perspective of your own erotic inclinations, not from a pragmatic one.

Her stratagem is technically a smart move: by photo-editing her own conventionally planturous figure into a plain-sized one, she push her followers to challenge what they does perveive as whether attractive, healthy and emulating or the opposite.

But her detractors refuses to figure out the point. They only see but a conventionally sized woman trying to grosly cricatute herself into a conventionally plain figured woman. They are reaching.