Vivienne Rose

John Smith

"I can't tell if my booty is getting higher, or my hair is getting longer!

To think, I look at this pic with self-love now... This bubbly, high, jutting out mass of bootyliciousness... This is the classic family 🍑 on my dad's side. We all have some form of this shape, but I have the largest of them all. When I go to family gatherings, I laugh hard each time I see the Rose family booty walk by, as I say warmly and with relief, "MY PEOPLE". It's truly comforting, soothing, reassuring to see people like you, whatever trait it is you feel makes you most stand out. *
This is why it matters to me to see women like me posting boldly, celebrating themselves without shame. You have NO idea how hard it is for most people in certain settings to walk into a place where they stand out. This takes great courage in a society where we just want to fit in. 
I'll admit I make a point to meet and spend time with people not like me, because I refuse to be pigeon-holed. But I also need people I can relate to... To remind myself I'm not a freak.
I'm me. 
Wholly. 
Completely. 
Unapologetically.
Proudly."

0032d2f1946c7c883c3ae794787d0709.jpg

• 4 months later...