Saving photos from the likes of this site and others.

Guest costanza

Guest costanza

So saving photos from this forum and others like it: is it morally wrong? What are your views on this? 

Having stolen paid content is par for the course, though at the same point the site has a lot of models not wanting to do anything but post videos, which breeds apathy.

I personally need to be engaged before I buy stuff; with a commitment I'm going to spell out below, but TL:DR Piracy is wrong, but created by a service problem that incompetence/ghosting usually enables one way or another.

To directly answer your post, there's nothing wrong with free content being uploaded on other sites in my opinion, though the paid stuff could have piracy be undermined with a type of first/early release setup, and rewarding older videos, as well as encouraging a type of dialogue to get new ideas, especially to celebrate weekends like Independence Day in the states (which I know there won't be any models gorging on food like that Nathan's hot dog eating contest, or a competition).

Piracy is wrong, but why buy in a vacuum that compromises the buyer (slow response times, being punished for overextending to buy early only for her to misremember if it's not already uploaded, and a lack of themes) from time to time? 

I would paraphrase the quote that this is a service problem similar to emulation (not releasing/sloppy porting/pricing); the lack of a live chat (video calls are the best), or influence/creativity for vids that are $10+ will only encourage piracy as the money becomes worthless. Even a free photoset or just making a good description could sell people, but that won't happen a lot of the time.

Demands simply aren't met for the long haul, though when they are, it can make a rare, fulfilling relationship that makes me question how the means of meeting someone valuable can be.

• Curvage Model
4 hours ago, Chevalier said:

Having stolen paid content is par for the course, though at the same point the site has a lot of models not wanting to do anything but post videos, which breeds apathy.

I personally need to be engaged before I buy stuff; with a commitment I'm going to spell out below, but TL:DR Piracy is wrong, but created by a service problem that incompetence/ghosting usually enables one way or another.

To directly answer your post, there's nothing wrong with free content being uploaded on other sites in my opinion, though the paid stuff could have piracy be undermined with a type of first/early release setup, and rewarding older videos, as well as encouraging a type of dialogue to get new ideas, especially to celebrate weekends like Independence Day in the states (which I know there won't be any models gorging on food like that Nathan's hot dog eating contest, or a competition).

Piracy is wrong, but why buy in a vacuum that compromises the buyer (slow response times, being punished for overextending to buy early only for her to misremember if it's not already uploaded, and a lack of themes) from time to time? 

I would paraphrase the quote that this is a service problem similar to emulation (not releasing/sloppy porting/pricing); the lack of a live chat (video calls are the best), or influence/creativity for vids that are $10+ will only encourage piracy as the money becomes worthless. Even a free photoset or just making a good description could sell people, but that won't happen a lot of the time.

Demands simply aren't met for the long haul, though when they are, it can make a rare, fulfilling relationship that makes me question how the means of meeting someone valuable can be.

In response to costanza's question, it really will depend on the model. Some are completely okay with FREE content being distributed freely. However, distributing PAID content for free on behalf of others is, without debate, wrong.

Having said this, It would be interesting to get some further clarification on Chevalier's point here. Are you saying that pirating content is a direct result of a lack of free content and engagement being provided by models?

If I have read your post correctly, I feel this point translates to (in a manner of speaking), "Why bother spending money on X model's content when she doesn't give me personal attention and freebies". As a model on this site, though I cannot speak for every model here, I would not have the time (or energy) to engage personally with EVERY paying member on this site. I release A LOT of free content by way of pictures, GIFs and giveaways and yet I still have to spend a good chunk of my day running DMCA take down requests for content that has been pirated. In addition to this there are models on here that engage with their patrons, daily, and I still see their content being pirated. 

I think - though I'd be as bold to say that I KNOW - that no matter how engaging, no matter how good the content is or how reasonably priced it is, the content will still be pirated.

Guest high

The op posts such a stupid question. Free is free and can be attributed to marketing, and the paid content is the models' product and should not be shared. Duh.

1 hour ago, KittyPiggy said:

Having said this, It would be interesting to get some further clarification on Chevalier's point here. Are you saying that pirating content is a direct result of a lack of free content and engagement being provided by models?

If I have read your post correctly, I feel this point translates to (in a manner of speaking), "Why bother spending money on X model's content when she doesn't give me personal attention and freebies". As a model on this site, though I cannot speak for every model here, I would not have the time (or energy) to engage personally with EVERY paying member on this site. I release A LOT of free content by way of pictures, GIFs and giveaways and yet I still have to spend a good chunk of my day running DMCA take down requests for content that has been pirated. In addition to this there are models on here that engage with their patrons, daily, and I still see their content being pirated. 

I think - though I'd be as bold to say that I KNOW - that no matter how engaging, no matter how good the content is or how reasonably priced it is, the content will still be pirated.

Oh I've experienced that distance.  It wouldn't eliminate piracy 100% but it could certainly reduce it by a lot.  I usually have to spell things out a lot or go out of my way, and that bores me unless I find something to make me want to try again.  And what, pray tell, are giveaways?  Haven't really heard about that in a long time.

• Curvage Model
9 minutes ago, Chevalier said:

Oh I've experienced that distance.  It wouldn't eliminate piracy 100% but it could certainly reduce it by a lot.  I usually have to spell things out a lot or go out of my way, and that bores me unless I find something to make me want to try again.  And what, pray tell, are giveaways?  Haven't really heard about that in a long time.

Giveaways: such as when people say “review my clip and my favourite review will get my next clip for free” - it’s actually very common here if you keep an eye on the main page.

Also, SALES. There is always at least one sale being run on this site from a popular and regularly posting model. In fact, the sales are being run on clips that were already reasonably priced to begin with. 

What you have to remember is that these girls spend time and effort making these clips. For some it’s a full time position. To have content pirated is like someone walking into your store and just walking out with whatever you stock your shelves with without paying.  

If a model’s content is good and you like it, pay for it. Don’t wait around for freebies, don’t scrounge and beg for attention and certainly don’t base your purchases simply off of how much attention they give you personally.

You also seem to have a conveniently short memory. You used to review my clips when I was handing out freebies to you. As soon as I stopped giving you handouts, your support dried up immediately - correlation, meet causation. 

5 minutes ago, KittyPiggy said:

If a model’s content is good and you like it, pay for it. Don’t wait around for freebies, don’t scrounge and beg for attention and certainly don’t base your purchases simply off of how much attention they give you personally.

You also seem to have a conveniently short memory. You used to review my clips when I was handing out freebies to you. As soon as I stopped giving you handouts, your support dried up immediately - correlation, meet causation. 

I tried to be civil, but now you wanna fight me about how you stopped talking to me for no reason, even a nice hello could've worked wonders.  I don't have a convenient memory, you could've even made it tantalizing with a nice offer, but you make it seem like I didn't spend a lot of time viewing and enjoying until I ran out of positive interaction/reinforcement.

People used to talk about other stuff than what they're selling, and we have 2 completely different definitions of giveaways, which is why I heavily questioned it as I know there's no such thing as a free lunch here, pun intended ;). But do go on with your self-righteousness.  I wouldn't call quid pro quo a giveaway, but at least I understand how you feel despite you not telling me.

Guest Marshall7

Bro, leave her alone. She's been great here and doesn't deserve any of this victim-mentality drivvle. 

1 minute ago, MarshallT said:

Bro, leave her alone. She's been great here and doesn't deserve any of this victim-mentality drivvle. 

Woman starts with me and you defend her. Rather than let her put her big girl pants on and simply acknowledge a simple hello would be quite a soothing word.

She just did a victim mentality bit which you're enabling given the quote, as though I wasn't the type to buy a ton when things were better.

17 minutes ago, KittyPiggy said:

What you have to remember is that these girls spend time and effort making these clips. For some it’s a full time position. To have content pirated is like someone walking into your store and just walking out with whatever you stock your shelves with without paying.  

When people want to call things a job, and things get stale/inactive, turnover will happen one way or another.  I have other markets to explore where I can get real giveaways just for being me.  But hey, I'm the bad guy for knowing better service.

Guest Marshall7
1 minute ago, Chevalier said:

Woman starts with me and you defend her. Rather than let her put her big girl pants on and simply acknowledge a simple hello would be quite a soothing word.

She just did a victim mentality bit which you're enabling given the quote, as though I wasn't the type to buy a ton when things were better.

When people want to call things a job, and things get stale/inactive, turnover will happen one way or another.  I have other markets to explore where I can get real giveaways just for being me.  But hey, I'm the bad guy for knowing better service.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself at night to sleep, man! 😌

6 minutes ago, MarshallT said:

Whatever you gotta tell yourself at night to sleep, man! 😌

You're applying that to yourself. 

Have you seen the cosplay or art/erotica scenes?  People literally have $2 pat*reons.  I also like crowdfunding if it's promising too.

• Curvage Model

Okay I'm going to get a little real here, which Is not something I tend to do because, well, this thread is proof as to why.

BUT

I am not a victim here - Rather, I am calling you out on your behavior. You have a 'me me me mentality'.

My daily routine does not include saying "hello" to the freebie man - No one's does. In fact, I wonder how many models would appreciate what you just so openly admitted in this thread. Self-righteousness does not even come into this discussion but I really have to point out here that you think piracy is wrong and yet ...

11 minutes ago, Chevalier said:

I have other markets to explore where I can get real giveaways just for being me

This statement alone is an admission of searching out free content on purpose! If you were truly supporting the models, you would be purchasing the content and not being so expectant (or cocky).

23 minutes ago, Chevalier said:

I don't have a convenient memory, you could've even made it tantalizing with a nice offer, but you make it seem like I didn't spend a lot of time viewing and enjoying until I ran out of positive interaction/reinforcement.

It's a clip store, not a relationship - wise up.

25 minutes ago, Chevalier said:

People used to talk about other stuff than what they're selling

Check my forum. Check the other models' forums. 

20 minutes ago, Chevalier said:

When people want to call things a job, and things get stale/inactive, turnover will happen one way or another

So what you're saying is, when business is bad, then expect to get stolen from?

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Look, Chev, I really understand the point you're making - but the fact of the matter is that it's the wrong mentality to have as well as an unrealistic expectation to have. I would spell things out to you and really go out of my way but "that bores me unless I find something to make me want to try again"

TL;DR - Models owe you NOTHING 💕

Have a pleasant July 4th 😊

You are rude and passive-aggressive @KittyPiggy I mentioned other paid venues I participate in, but you insist on deception in that I beg you for stuff, and don't offer to pay for anything when I'm happy.

I am not a victim here - Rather, I am calling you out on your behavior. You have a 'me me me mentality'.

Muchado about nothing. I think you're jealous honestly.

It's a clip store, not a relationship - wise up.

Still no nice/friendly hello, I missed you.  I wised up by not buying from you.

Don't mind if this goes in the abyss as I didn't intend to pursue in this fight, but I won't be slandered.

• Curvage Model

Ok so in regards to the OP - I actually think if you’re going to take images and post them onto another site, it’s just nice to either link the website or just post the models name. 

In regards to videos - there’s actually nowhere on this site to post free videos. Believe me I’ve tried. So I’ve put mine as low as 0.99 before. But paid content ofc shouldn’t be profited by others that have bought by the model. It’s just upsetting and makes you not want to continue doing what you’re doing.

In response to @Chevalier - I’ve actually found what you’ve said really hard to read. We spend hours of our time creating these videos, interacting as much as we can and just being ourselves. But what I don’t quite understand is that you state you need interaction to keep things going. You’ve mentioned this to me previously. Our chat history is bigger than anyone else’s on here. But what interaction are you looking for? What are you expecting people to give you for you to buy their content/not watch stolen content instead? 

I’m lost after finding this 🥴

Just now, ChubbyCupcake said:

In response to @Chevalier - I’ve actually found what you’ve said really hard to read. We spend hours of our time creating these videos, interacting as much as we can and just being ourselves. But what I don’t quite understand is that you state you need interaction to keep things going. You’ve mentioned this to me previously. Our chat history is bigger than anyone else’s on here. But what interaction are you looking for? What are you expecting people to give you for you to buy their content/not watch stolen content instead? 

I’m lost after finding this 🥴

Your due diligence is the gold standard, worth your weight in gold, to return, talk, explain why you won't be available for a while (hope your knee is good) and actually gift something when I haven't spoken in a while.  And even ask me if there's anything I could catch up on.  AAA+ customer service.  I'll always buy and treat you well if you wink at me ;) 

Maybe I went the wrong route in thinking everyone should be like that.

My own response to the original poster's question.

If a model posts free content of her own (ie, photos, gifs, etc, with no payment required), then hell yeah download like crazy.

If a model posts something and you pay for it, then hell yeah download it.  But something is different now: you're entering a covenant that you're not going to share it with anyone who hasn't paid for it.  Making it freely available to others who haven't paid for it is:

(a) not fair to those who have paid for it, and

(b) (much more importantly) not fair to the models who've created the content in the first place.

On a site like Curvage, it's important to remember we're not talking about a multi-billion dollar industry here.  I get the impression that pretty much all of the content here is "home-grown," that is, filmed, edited, uploaded, etc by one (or perhaps two) person teams.  Massive film companies can withstand piracy, but I'm guessing that the models here might not.  Every act of piracy means it becomes less likely the model will continue making content.

(Personally, I find it bizarre that in this day and age, we've not been able to come up with some way of making an indelible "watermark" (ie, your username) on purchased content.  When it shows up on a pirate site, the member could be identified and permanently banned - and perhaps even their credit card blacklisted, should they try to re-register with a new username.)

Chevalier seems to be saying that piracy is somehow legitimised if consumers aren't getting enough personalised attention or interaction from the model in question...  Erm, okay.  All I can say is, good luck with that line of reasoning.  I don't think it's going to get you very far...

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet, but I post on the forums here, buy videos, and review them.  Hell, I've even bought presents for my favourite models.  And I don't expect ANYTHING in return.  The "return" I get is more content from the model.  Isn't that how it works?

13 minutes ago, jj22 said:

Chevalier seems to be saying that piracy is somehow legitimised if consumers aren't getting enough personalised attention or interaction from the model in question...  Erm, okay.  All I can say is, good luck with that line of reasoning.  I don't think it's going to get you very far...

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet, but I post on the forums here, buy videos, and review them.  Hell, I've even bought presents for my favourite models.  And I don't expect ANYTHING in return.  The "return" I get is more content from the model.  Isn't that how it works?

Really? I think of supply/demand, and to blow on my trumpet, I'm #2 all time in reviews, so don't give me that bs if you're gonna brag that you buy as though I don't.  I bought customs from a couple models only to be treated as presents and get nothing, because of entitlement and better things to do, similar to the hello I talked about

Maybe listening to feedback could improve things, rather than scapegoat someone the one day they have to be critical and fair.  All I simply need is a good word or 2 and I'm fueling up a passionate romance with what I can wordsmith.  With that knowledge, to still be treated poorly is self-destructive.

Guest Marshall7
3 minutes ago, Chevalier said:

Really? I think of supply/demand, and to blow on my trumpet, I'm #2 all time in reviews, so don't give me that bs if you're gonna brag that you buy as though I don't.  I bought customs from a couple models only to be treated as presents and get nothing, because of entitlement and better things to do, similar to the hello I talked about

Maybe listening to feedback could improve things, rather than scapegoat someone the one day they have to be critical and fair.  All I simply need is a good word or 2 and I'm fueling up a passionate romance with what I can wordsmith.  With that knowledge, to still be treated poorly is self-destructive.

Do you talk like this in person? Just wondering....

4 minutes ago, MarshallT said:

Do you talk like this in person? Just wondering....

Dramatic theatrics are awesome.  I'm told it's one of my best features, though I know you won't read other things I've read/talked about.  It can go positive or negative, based on the person.  A whirlwind romance, or a duel.  I just promise to fight fairly regardless, though my definition of fair changes with my opponent's antics/patterns.

15 minutes ago, Chevalier said:

Blow your trumpet, man.  However, I don't believe that I was bragging about buying as though you don't buy.  If I was "bragging" about anything, it was that I don't expect anything in return from the models.  Whereas it's pretty damn obvious that you do...

You mention that you had "to be critical and fair."  And that would be "fair" as in legitimising piracy if you don't happen to get your "nice hello"...  

Please.

Guest Marshall7

Well guys, he has other sites and other patrons to choose from....just sayin....maybe they like Shakesperean foreplay??

• S77 locked this topic