Trans Forum

gggggggg

Trans Forum?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should Curvage add a Pictures/Videos Forum for Transgender Users?

• Yes
    • No

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, vennie said:

Trans is the same type of categorization as Man vs Woman

8 hours ago, Starmada said:

The fact that we already separate men's pics in their own section, to me, already opens the door for such a thing.

No, it isn't and no, it doesn't. The categorization in man and women is based on the perception if a person is of male or female sex. The categories are selected by gender. Transsexuality means that a person experiences a gender identity that is inconsistent with their assigned sex and desires to permanently transition to the gender with which they identify. You'd do them a great disservice if you'd refuse them to be categorized as man or women, as far as I understand. There is absolutely no need to create other categories as those for visible gender, as far as I'm concerned. And for there are three gender classifications, we could categorize as man, women and intersex persons.

• Moderators
    • Female
    • Intersex
  • Sexual orientation
    • Asexual
    • Bisexual
      • Pansexual
      • Polysexual
    • Heterosexual
    • Homosexual
  • Gender identity
    • Transgender
      • Transsexual
    • Cisgender
    • Genderfluid
    • Agender
    • Bigender
    • Demigender

This list is not intended to be exhaustive, but to make clear what we are talking about.

I don't care about Curvage user's sexual orientation, nor their gender identity, that is both not my business at all.

• Moderators

@vennie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

Intersex people are individuals born with any of several variations in sex characteristics including chromosomes, gonads, sex hormones or genitals that, according to the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, "do not fit the typical definitions for male or female bodies".

• Moderators

@vennie

Gender and biological sex are used synonymical: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gender#English

19 minutes ago, vennie said:

And if they're disorders, do we really want to use them to describe the typical sexes?

Argentina, Austria, Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, India, Kenya, Malta, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, The Netherlands, Uruguay and some states in the US think of intersex as a third gender. I don't vote for Curvage following that lead, I just don't want to close my eyes to social changes.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, vennie said:

we basically agree on that we shouldn't have a separate message board.

shia labeouf agree GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

18 hours ago, vennie said:

If medical science has embraced intersexual people as the third gender

It's a medical matter of fact that there are (intersexual) people born with sex characteristics that don't fit into the binary gender norm: Link.

18 hours ago, vennie said:

social construct of gender

Transgender people have a gender identity or gender expression that differs from their sex assigned at birth. Some transgender people who desire medical assistance to transition from one sex to another identify as transsexual.

19 hours ago, vennie said:

but proactively to score brownie points

1. Government decisions were preceded by court decisions. Courts in democratic states tend to make fair and free decisions.

2. About two billion people are affected by these decisions in these countries. That is about a quarter of the world's population. And yet the proportion of intersex people in this huge number of people is estimated to be just a few million in the single-digit range (or up to 20 million, at an outside estimate). I don't believe that politicians can score major brownie points with an agenda for those few people that suffer from not being able to tell if they were born male or female.

I must state, though, that I'm guilty of derailing the thread from its original theme. I shouldn't have brought up the discussion about intersex being the third gender. I should have known that people might mix up the terms and concepts of intersex and transsexual.

sorry joey tribbiani GIF