Trans Forum

gggggggg

Trans Forum?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should Curvage add a Pictures/Videos Forum for Transgender Users?

• Yes
    • No

• Moderators
    • Female
    • Intersex
  • Sexual orientation
    • Asexual
    • Bisexual
      • Pansexual
      • Polysexual
    • Heterosexual
    • Homosexual
  • Gender identity
    • Transgender
      • Transsexual
    • Cisgender
    • Genderfluid
    • Agender
    • Bigender
    • Demigender

This list is not intended to be exhaustive, but to make clear what we are talking about.

I don't care about Curvage user's sexual orientation, nor their gender identity, that is both not my business at all.

Just now, Avataг said:

You, for instance, are a heterosexual, cisgender male. :lol:

I need a word for my preference toward curvy women. I think heterosexual, cisgender lumps me in with to large of a group. Not nearly specific enough for my liking.

• Moderators

@vennie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

Intersex people are individuals born with any of several variations in sex characteristics including chromosomes, gonads, sex hormones or genitals that, according to the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, "do not fit the typical definitions for male or female bodies".

2 minutes ago, Avataг said:

I will concede there are the intersex people, even if they're rare-ish (1 in 1000?) and represents a group of people with chromosomal/other disorders.
And if they're disorders, do we really want to use them to describe the typical sexes?

Also, you were using the word gender, which is a social construct described in terms of masculinity vs femininity, which is different from biological sex.
So in order for your list to be a little more accurate, I would exchange 'Gender' for '(Biological) Sex'.

• Moderators

@vennie

Gender and biological sex are used synonymical: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gender#English

19 minutes ago, vennie said:

And if they're disorders, do we really want to use them to describe the typical sexes?

Argentina, Austria, Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, India, Kenya, Malta, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, The Netherlands, Uruguay and some states in the US think of intersex as a third gender. I don't vote for Curvage following that lead, I just don't want to close my eyes to social changes.

31 minutes ago, Avataг said:

@vennie

Gender and biological sex are used synonymical: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gender#English

Argentina, Austria, Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, India, Kenya, Malta, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, The Netherlands, Uruguay and some states in the US think of intersex as a third gender. I don't vote for Curvage following that lead, I just don't want to close my eyes to social changes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_gender_distinction also states that science uses biological sex differently from the social construct of gender. I'm more partial to science instead of what the general public/government professes, so maybe that's why I think differently about it.

If medical science has embraced intersexual people as the third gender, I will defer to that.

As far as the list of countries, that scores no points with me because these days it's a hype or 'in' for countries and their leaders to not only change reactively under societal pressure, but proactively to score brownie points with the general public (Justin Trudeau anyone?). Besides that, countries and their leaders aren't comprised of scientists or even influenced a great deal by science, so referencing them is like trying to prove climate change is happening by listing A-list celebrities who say it's true  (yes, climate change is happening, but I can't take a persons word for it just because they're a celebrity).  

• Moderators

I think we are getting bogged down in semantics here.

The problem with a separate forum is getting people to use it correctly. Some people may identify with the Trans adjective, others may not. What happens when those people who identify as female decide their post should be in the Women of Curvage forum? Are we as moderators to decide that they actually belong in the Trans/Non-Binary forum based solely on how they look? If not then we are back to square one with a small minority of members getting angry and abusive towards these people "ruining the website".

I can appreciate some members have strong views on this but I think it is worth focusing on how exactly creating any kind of segregation would work in practice.

14 hours ago, maybejames said:

I think we are getting bogged down in semantics here.

The problem with a separate forum is getting people to use it correctly. Some people may identify with the Trans adjective, others may not. What happens when those people who identify as female decide their post should be in the Women of Curvage forum? Are we as moderators to decide that they actually belong in the Trans/Non-Binary forum based solely on how they look? If not then we are back to square one with a small minority of members getting angry and abusive towards these people "ruining the website".

I can appreciate some members have strong views on this but I think it is worth focusing on how exactly creating any kind of segregation would work in practice.

Perhaps for different reasons but we basically agree on that we shouldn't have a separate message board. 

A Trans heads-up would be wise, if said poster wants to avoid any negative comments that his/her pictures will create if there's no heads-up. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, vennie said:

we basically agree on that we shouldn't have a separate message board.

shia labeouf agree GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

18 hours ago, vennie said:

If medical science has embraced intersexual people as the third gender

It's a medical matter of fact that there are (intersexual) people born with sex characteristics that don't fit into the binary gender norm: Link.

18 hours ago, vennie said:

social construct of gender

Transgender people have a gender identity or gender expression that differs from their sex assigned at birth. Some transgender people who desire medical assistance to transition from one sex to another identify as transsexual.

19 hours ago, vennie said:

but proactively to score brownie points

1. Government decisions were preceded by court decisions. Courts in democratic states tend to make fair and free decisions.

2. About two billion people are affected by these decisions in these countries. That is about a quarter of the world's population. And yet the proportion of intersex people in this huge number of people is estimated to be just a few million in the single-digit range (or up to 20 million, at an outside estimate). I don't believe that politicians can score major brownie points with an agenda for those few people that suffer from not being able to tell if they were born male or female.

I must state, though, that I'm guilty of derailing the thread from its original theme. I shouldn't have brought up the discussion about intersex being the third gender. I should have known that people might mix up the terms and concepts of intersex and transsexual.

sorry joey tribbiani GIF

32 minutes ago, Avataг said:

It's a medical matter of fact that there are (intersexual) people born with sex characteristics that don't fit into the binary gender norm: Link.

I'm not desputing there are intersexual people. But having a certain percentage of intersexual people, which are at their core chromosomal disorders (according to wikipedia) in the population doesn't equate the condition being elevated to third-sex status.

51 minutes ago, Avataг said:

Transgender people have a gender identity or gender expression that differs from their sex assigned at birth. Some transgender people who desire medical assistance to transition from one sex to another identify as transsexual.

What are you trying to say? I was just pointing out the difference (for me) between sex and gender, as stated in the linked Wiki page:

" The distinction between sex and gender differentiates a person's biological sex (the anatomy of an individual's reproductive system, and secondary sex characteristics) from that person's gender, which can refer to either social roles based on the sex of the person (gender role) or personal identification of one's own gender based on an internal awareness (gender identity). "

59 minutes ago, Avataг said:

1. Government decisions were preceded by court decisions. Courts in democratic states tend to make fair and free decisions.

2. About two billion people are affected by these decisions in these countries. That is about a quarter of the world's population. And yet the proportion of intersex people in this huge number of people is estimated to be just a few million in the single-digit range (or up to 20 million, at an outside estimate). I don't believe that politicians can score major brownie points with an agenda for those few people that suffer from not being able to tell if they were born male or female.

Politicians score major brownie points whenever 'they fight for a good cause', however small the amount of people they fight for. Makes for good self promotion. Because on top of the people it directly affects it'll also win over all the people who agree with that cause, which is a serious amount of people because most issues are quite binary/for-and-against.

So, if the total population is 2 billion, and let's say 25% of the people are for, 25% of the people are against and 50% don't have an opinion, a politician will still use the cause to sway those 25% x 2 billion = 500 million votes to his advantage.

And the 1 billion people who don't necessarily have an opinion on the issue, might be nudged towards voting for the politician if it looks like he is 'at least fighting the good cause', or defending the underdog.

Seems like politics 101 to me. But, to be fair, I'm not a politician so I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Avataг said:

I must state, though, that I'm guilty of derailing the thread from its original theme. I shouldn't have brought up the discussion about intersex being the third gender. I should have known that people might mix up the terms and concepts of intersex and transsexual.

Agreed. Maybe we should let it rest.

It's almost as if trans women are women.

Topics have tags for such things and it is worth using. I might find transitioning/transitioned people less attractive sexually, but I see no reason to make their lives more miserable intentionally when the tag system allows trans people to be identified as such if they so wish. Generally they do, since it probably avoids people like the OP complaining about 'traps' or some other blather.

Politics only comes into this if you WANT it to; being open and avoiding needless ways to paint a target on the back of trans people (any anyone into them) is more important than placating a minority 'upset' that the person you saw on curvage has/had a dick.

As for an 'other' forum? I'd say that if there is demand from intersex or other people not subscribing to binary gender norms it would be worthwhile, but that does not often overlap with being trans (even if there are similarities in experience). But the OP didn't want an Other forum, so it's moot.

Y'know what, there was this person on this other site who was M2F and posting as a woman some very anti-men posts which I found offensive. It's one thing to do the wig, them makeup, the clothes, the hormones, but to then knock your former sex while not identifying yourself as trans was a problem for me at the time. 

This person hid their trans status, presenting themselves as woman, and several times I wanted to post in the thread something along the lines of "YOU'RE MAN WHO NOW CALLS YOURSELF A WOMAN, EVERYONE KNOW THIS???" Especially when men who had no idea would compliment "her" on a pic. 

I did not say a word, and now I'm glad I didn't.  

But!

I also noticed that after a few years, I really didn't care anymore, and this person and their posts don't bother me.

You want to do a TRANS category, I don't have a problem...I just won't ever go there on account of, you know, I have zero interest in that. Just like I have zero interest in farting, or face-sitting, or women crushing balloons, or cosplay, or vore. 

If it helps Curvage bring in some more clicks and possibly some video sales, that's great, too! 

• 4 weeks later...